• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I'm hearing your cries for help, but not sure where to start. how about we start with you posting a link to an import file you have tried so I can look at that? (I think you said you are using v2.76d)

Yes I am using 2.76d, and here is the link to the upload file. upload file

I seems can't be able to create any file from the quick link to download. Am I missing something? I am running on Apache http server. I am running on my test machine so I don't have to configure the ftp setting right? Any help will be appreciate.

i have installed easy populate, it went in with no probs

i downloaded the db and made 1 price change

uploaded hte db again

the price doesnt change

the file uploads no problems.... but just no change..

any ideas

Hi,

First time posting so please be gentle...

I've installed EasyPopulate 2.76d-MS2. I'm trying to upload the osC test data plus one new row as a test of the functionality.

However I get the following errors on the upload:

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phphv0wWA' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt' in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phphv0wWA
User filename: EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt
Size: 61247

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: fopen($DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 831
##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.

I take this to mean that it can't find the upload temp db file to insert into the DB.

In easypopulate I have

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

I have tried varying this to all combinations of slashes etc after reading other posts....e.g. temp/ and /temp/ and catalog/temp/ and /catalog/temp, etc

In catalog/admin/includes/configure.php, I have:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

and in the same file the variables HTTP_SERVER and HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER do not have a trailing / at the end of the domain name.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to why it can't seem to find the temp directory (incidentally it's permissions are 777).

I have a feeling I should be setting $DOCUMENT_ROOT somewhere (to what I'm not sure) but I'm such a newbie that I'm not really sure.

Patience is a virtue and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes I am using 2.76d, and here is the link to the upload file. upload file

hehehe :blush:

the excel safe output doesn't mean you can upload an XLS spreadsheet. it only handles the CSV files (which my addition allows excel to use without trouble). You need to either save it back to the same file that was exported (which will resave it to the CSV (comma separated values)(i think) format), or "save as" then select "CSV (MS-DOS)" as the save type. That should get you going.

Edited by surfalot

I seems can't be able to create any file from the quick link to download. Am I missing something? I am running on Apache http server. I am running on my test machine so I don't have to configure the ftp setting right? Any help will be appreciate.

version of EP you are running?

what browsers have you tried?

What settings have you changed at the top of the easypopulate.php file?

have you read all the docs and configuration help?

i have installed easy populate, it went in with no probs

i downloaded the db and made 1 price change

uploaded hte db again

the price doesnt change

the file uploads no problems.... but just no change..

version?

A setting that at the top of the easypopulate.php file that will display the settings on the EP mainpage is $show_ep_settings. please post your settings and provide a link to your import file.

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

[code]define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

should be

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

A setting that at the top of the easypopulate.php file that will display the settings on the EP mainpage is $show_ep_settings. set to true and view the EP mainpage the actuall path your file will be upload. Please read through the entire help doc for help setting it up for the first time.

I can see by the name of the file you tried to upload that you are not using the "excel safe output" feature. you will have better luck doing that test if you enable it. the test data contains characters that will foil the default settings.

Man there is alot of pages here!

I have a OSC site that is just about to go live, it is modified. Is it safe to download and install easy populate?

If yes which version is recomended?

hehehe :P If you're asking if a contrib is safe to download, it probably isn't for you. All contribs are use at your own risk. This one specifically has been a pain for many people. BUT. I think the last one I uploaded v2.76d, with the "excel safe output" enabled, will offer the least trials. The install is very easy, but reading the docs are lengthy. That's where many get tripped up, thinking they don't have to read it all and configure the settings.

before using this contrib, you should become intimately familiar with backing-up and restoring your database. (and do so before each use, or use a test site)

I have installed v2.76d.

When I try to do an import, it will only import the first item. Yes, I do have EOREOR at the end of each record.

Here are the steps I am taking.

1. Download Complete .csv file from oscommerce store

2. Delete all products from my test oscommerce site.

3. Take the downloaded file and Upload and Import EP File. Only imports one record.

4. Tried just a couple of items with different model numbers and still only uploads one record.

5. Tried both excel CSV and tab delimited .txt files.

Here is the output

| model1 | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | 326.39 | 23 | | 11/28/2006 | 32 | 1 | Color | Color | 2 | Size | Talla | 3 | Model | Modelo | 5 | Value | Value | 0 | 6 | Premium | Premium | 100 | 7 | Deluxe | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | USB | | 4 | Memory | Memoria | 1 | 4 mb | 4 mb | 0 | 2 | 8 mb | 8 mb | 50 | 3 | 16 mb | 16 mb | 70 | 4 | 32 mb | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | Version | 10 | Download: | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| model2 m |

I even tried importing with just a few fields but still only imports one record.

Tried a new category and again only imports one record.

| model3 | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Books | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| model4 m |

I even tried importing with just a few fields but still only imports one record.

Tried a new category and again only imports one record.

| model3 | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Books | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| model4 m |

I should mention that my error log shows no errors.

PHP Version: 5.0.4

MySQL 4.1.20

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php1SCi7c

User filename: EP2006Dec11-1111b.xls

Size: 2265

<?php

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.76d 2006/10/16 22:50:52 surfalot Exp $

Designed for osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.76d-MS2';

i cant link teh file but here's the first few lines of the uploaded file.

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_price EOREOR

HDD-3160023A Seagate 160gig IDE 8meg 45.99 EOREOR

HDD-3160812A Seagate 160gig SATA2 8meg 99.43 EOREOR

HDD-3250820A Seagate 250gig IDE 8meg 118.64 EOREOR

HDD-3250820A Seagate 250gig SATA2 8meg 118.64 EOREOR

HDD-3400633A Seagate 400gig SATA2 16meg 209.04 EOREOR

HDD-3500641A Seagate 500gig SATA2 16meg 299.44 EOREOR

HDD-3808110A Seagate 80gig SATA2 8meg 79.09 EOREOR

note - im using this to download the current list, change the price and reupload.

File uploaded.

<?php

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.76d 2006/10/16 22:50:52 surfalot Exp $

Designed for osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.76d-MS2';

i cant link teh file but here's the first few lines of the uploaded file.

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_price EOREOR

HDD-3160023A Seagate 160gig IDE 8meg 45.99 EOREOR

HDD-3160812A Seagate 160gig SATA2 8meg 99.43 EOREOR

HDD-3250820A Seagate 250gig IDE 8meg 118.64 EOREOR

HDD-3250820A Seagate 250gig SATA2 8meg 118.64 EOREOR

HDD-3400633A Seagate 400gig SATA2 16meg 209.04 EOREOR

HDD-3500641A Seagate 500gig SATA2 16meg 299.44 EOREOR

HDD-3808110A Seagate 80gig SATA2 8meg 79.09 EOREOR

note - im using this to download the current list, change the price and reupload.

im using IE

and im uploading tab delimited as the instructions say.

Edited by aybc

Not had a response to my first post below and thought it might just have been missed...

Incidentally my php version is 4.4.4. and Mysql version 5.0 in case that has any bearing on the post below..... Thanks

Hi,

First time posting so please be gentle...

I've installed EasyPopulate 2.76d-MS2. I'm trying to upload the osC test data plus one new row as a test of the functionality.

However I get the following errors on the upload:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phphv0wWA' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt' in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43
File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phphv0wWA
User filename: EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt
Size: 61247

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: fopen($DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Dec11-2210v1.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 831
##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.

I take this to mean that it can't find the upload temp db file to insert into the DB.

In easypopulate I have

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

I have tried varying this to all combinations of slashes etc after reading other posts....e.g. temp/ and /temp/ and catalog/temp/ and /catalog/temp, etc

and in the same file the variables HTTP_SERVER and HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER do not have a trailing / at the end of the domain name.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to why it can't seem to find the temp directory (incidentally it's permissions are 777).

I have a feeling I should be setting $DOCUMENT_ROOT somewhere (to what I'm not sure) but I'm such a newbie that I'm not really sure.

Patience is a virtue and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

File uploaded.

I see an XLS filename there. please see post #4881 at the top of this page.

darn I hate this time limit on editing the post!

ok just to let you know i uploaded the .txt file in /catalog/temp/ and loaded it the option in EP.

a lot got created and updated but then I got this error.

1226 - User 'topdecal_gdl357' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

select options_values_price, price_prefix from products_attributes where products_id = '341' and options_id ='2' and options_values_id = '57'

[TEP STOP]

lso please answer the above questions.

Thank you!

Hey,

Here is what appears to be a better fix that I just came up with (ok, I kinda stole the idea from espicom at http: //www. phpbb. com/kb/article. php?article_id=371&sid=a5547fbab7cfe9082dd13b9e0a99dd69, but I had to modify it to match up to the osC coding):

In your database setup panel, add 2 more users and use the same password for them as for your first one. Make sure that when you create your new database usernames, that you give them accessibility to the proper database.

Now go to your file manager, and edit ..catalog/includes/configure.php. This is where all of your database login info is stored.

*** FYI in this example, name1 is your database username. So in the case of adironda, she would replace name1 with "adironda_osc1". name2, name3, etc are the respective new usernames that you have just created. ***

In the area of line 40 you should find the following code:

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'name1');

Replace that with:

$username = date("i") % 3; // split hour into 3 overlapping sessions

switch ($username)

{

case 0:

$username='name1';

break;

case 1:

$username='name2';

break;

case 2:

$username='name3';

break;

}

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', $username);

essentially what you have just done is made it so that your "current value" of 50000 is now 150000 (50000 per username). If you still need more, just add more usernames to your database, change the "% 3" in the first line to 4, 5, etc... how ever many you now have, and add more case statements with the new names.

P.S. I haven't fully tested this for bugs, but it seems to work quite well. Maybe some of you with more coding experience can double check me?

Brian Quinney

I see an XLS filename there. please see post #4881 at the top of this page.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDKbbUC

User filename: EP2006Dec11-1111b.csv

changed it to .csv

same thing product will not change price, but no errors on upload.

also tried.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpSQxrCq

User filename: EP2006Dec11-1111new.txt

Size: 2268

still nothing.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDKbbUC

User filename: EP2006Dec11-1111b.csv

Did you just change the extension to CSV or did you save the file as CSV from excel? The file size will not be the same (which it appears to be), if you followed the instructions in the post I referenced.

When you open this file in notepad, it will be clearly readable text, not XLS garbage. If you see a bunch of garbage characters at the top of the file, you didn't follow the instructions in the post I referenced.

Follow these instructions to the letter...

make sure the $excel_safe_output flag set to true in the settings.

export to a CVS file, then open in excel, change one price and save, close excel, then import. (not save to a new file, not "save as", but save back to the same file)

Edited by surfalot

I installed "Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)" on my site. But I can not download any file. and I did not see any error message. Any idea about this problem? Below is my server info: PHP Version: 4.4.4 (Zend: 1.3.0) Database: MySQL 4.1.21-log

can you be more descriptive on where you clicked?

Edited by surfalot