• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I still cannot get easypopulate to work. I have fgound out what the problem is. The problem is how the path to the temp folder is identified.

I know the contgrib will work because I tested it on another store:

I just tried easypopulate with a different store, on a different server, with a different path for the store.

www.domain.com/oscommerce/catalog is the store location.

In my admin/config.php I have:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

I have the dir path as:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/oscommerce/catalog/temp/";

I was able to get easypopulate to work properly (in therory-have not checked all the files).

HERE IS my configuration for the store that needs to go live.

My other store is located at the root:

www.mydomain.com

In my admin/config.php I have:

When I have the dir path as:

$tempdir = "/temp/";

The script reads the above as

/tmp/:/tmp:/usr/:/var/www/public_html/domain

$tempdir = . "/temp/";

The script does not work

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/temp/";

The script reads the above as

(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/test6.txt)

I was told to try the following for admin/config.php

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/public_html/domain/html/');

This also gives error messages.

HELP-Is there anyone using easypopulate and OSC configured to be in the root of the domain instead of in a subfolder?

HELP-Is there anyone using easypopulate and OSC configured to be in the root of the domain instead of in a subfolder?

you need to find-out from your host what the actual document root for your site is.

this works for most.

if it doesn't for you, please ask your host what your doc root is and add it in like this.

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/username/public_html');

then if you set the $tempdir in EP to this

then you should create a folder "temp" under the root of your site and make sure it has write permissions (777).

HOLY FRIGGIN CORNCHIPS BATKIDS!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite kinds of causes of frustrating errors! Simple mistakes that look fine in the code. We have /catalog/ when it is not needed.

it is causing this kind of error

Warning: fopen(/home/users/web/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/htdocs//catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Dec02-0202.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680
You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/users/web/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/htdocs//catalog//catalog/temp/EPEP2006Dec02-0202.txt

open the file admin/easypopulate.php and at line 30 you will see

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php
$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/catalog/temp/";

This is what is causing the problem.

simply replace it with this

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php
$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "temp/";

That will fix that issue. Nothing further needs to be changed to correct this issue.

For those of you still having probs with the froogle/googlebase feed, I recommend using the store-feeds contribution. google changed the file format for the feeds so the older versions for creating the feeds no longer works. So unless someone has addressed this issue recently for EP....

Edited by HallMarc

Before editing with these changes always BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

Now, with that out of the way I have worked on some of the issues I have seen posted here recently. So here we go:

Here are some changes I have made on catalog/admin/easypopulate.php from EP 2.74d

in catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

line 31

find:

replace with:

line 72

find:

$modelsize = 25;

replace with:

$modelsize = 12;

Regarding this change, as it states in the comments, this number MUST match the size set in your database for the product_model field. I have mine set to 64 because some model numbers can be lengthy. I changed it back to '12' here because that is what that is set to in the db in the standard osC install.

line 151

find:

global $froogle_product_info_path;
$froogle_product_info_path = "http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/product_info.php";

// **** Froogle product image path ****
// Set this to the path to your images directory
global $froogle_image_path;
$froogle_image_path = "http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/images/";

replace with:

global $froogle_product_info_path;
$froogle_product_info_path = HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "product_info.php";

// **** Froogle product image path ****
// Set this to the path to your images directory
global $froogle_image_path;
$froogle_image_path = HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "images/";

This section now conforms with osC development standards and no longer requires editing from a store owner. It never should have been written any other way.

Now for Froogle

I have not tested this yet and I know there are some rules that need to be followed (sometimes) i.e. Product descriptions have a length limit of 100 charcters(something like that) however when the file is uploaded this limit gets ignored. I'm sure this won't last long so we will need to add in a couple of lines to cut the descriptions down to size in thev Froogle export file. The same holds true for meta-tags, except here the Froogle/GoogleBase parser will catch data that exceeds the limit and this product will be skipped!

Here are some links regarding Bulk uploads

http://www.google.com/base/attributes.html

and

http://www.google.com/base/help/custom-attributes.html

Down near line 358

find:

$row['v_froogle_instock'] 		= 'Y';
	$row['v_froogle_shipping'] 		= '';
	$row['v_froogle_upc'] 			= '';
	$row['v_froogle_color']			= '';
	$row['v_froogle_size']			= '';
	$row['v_froogle_quantitylevel']		= '';
	$row['v_froogle_manufacturer_id']	= '';
	$row['v_froogle_exp_date']		= '';
	$row['v_froogle_product_type']		= 'OTHER';
	$row['v_froogle_delete']		= '';
	$row['v_froogle_currency']		= 'USD';
	$row['v_froogle_offer_id']		= $row['v_products_model'];
	$row['v_froogle_product_id']		= $row['v_products_model'];

replace with:

$row['v_froogle_quantitylevel']		= $row['v_products_quantity'];
	$row['v_froogle_manufacturer_id']	= '';
	$row['v_froogle_exp_date']		= date('Y-m-d', strtotime('+30 days'));
	$row['v_froogle_product_type']		= $row['v_categories_id'];
	$row['v_froogle_product_id']		= $row['v_products_model'];
	$row['v_froogle_currency']		= 'USD';

Down near line 1499 (about 1490 after above changes)

find:

$filelayout  = array_merge($filelayout , array(
		'v_products_price'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_fullpath_image'	=> $iii++,
		'v_category_fullpath'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_offer_id'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_instock'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_ shipping'		=> $iii++,
		'v_manufacturers_name'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_ upc'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_color'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_size'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_quantitylevel'	=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_product_id'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_manufacturer_id'	=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_exp_date'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_product_type'	=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_delete'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_currency'		=> $iii++,
			));
	$iii=0;
	$fileheaders = array(
		'product_url'		=> $iii++,
		'name'			=> $iii++,
		'description'		=> $iii++,
		'price'			=> $iii++,
		'image_url'		=> $iii++,
		'category'		=> $iii++,
		'offer_id'		=> $iii++,
		'instock'		=> $iii++,
		'shipping'		=> $iii++,
		'brand'			=> $iii++,
		'upc'			=> $iii++,
		'color'			=> $iii++,
		'size'			=> $iii++,
		'quantity'		=> $iii++,
		'product_id'		=> $iii++,
		'manufacturer_id'	=> $iii++,
		'exp_date'		=> $iii++,
		'product_type'		=> $iii++,
		'delete'		=> $iii++,
		'currency'		=> $iii++,
		);

and replace with:

$filelayout  = array_merge($filelayout , array(
		'v_products_price'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_fullpath_image'	=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_product_id'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_quantitylevel'	=> $iii++,
		'v_category_fullpath'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_exp_date'		=> $iii++,
		'v_froogle_currency'		=> $iii++,
			));
	$iii=0;
	$fileheaders = array(
		'link'		=> $iii++,
		'title'			=> $iii++,
		'description'		=> $iii++,
		'price'			=> $iii++,
		'image_link'		=> $iii++,
		'id'		=> $iii++,
		'quantity'		=> $iii++,
		'product_type'		=> $iii++,
		'expiration_date'	 => $iii++,
		'currency'		=> $iii++,
		);

And that will (should) clear up some of the issues posted here. When it comes to Froogle/GoogleBase I have learned to keep as simple as possible.

I got the problem with the temp file corrected, and the download aspect of EP is working fine, but with uploading it appears to work fine but doesn't upload anything to the database, nor does it give any errors or confirmation messages. Have installed it on both a clean oscommerce install and one that has the more pics contribution installed and get the same results, and no my php is not version 5.

HOLY FRIGGIN CORNCHIPS BATKIDS!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite kinds of causes of frustrating errors! Simple mistakes that look fine in the code. We have /catalog/ when it is not needed.

it is causing this kind of error

Warning: fopen(/home/users/web/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/htdocs//catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Dec02-0202.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680
You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/users/web/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/htdocs//catalog//catalog/temp/EPEP2006Dec02-0202.txt

open the file admin/easypopulate.php and at line 30 you will see

This is what is causing the problem.

simply replace it with this

That will fix that issue. Nothing further needs to be changed to correct this issue.

For those of you still having probs with the froogle/googlebase feed, I recommend using the store-feeds contribution. google changed the file format for the feeds so the older versions for creating the feeds no longer works. So unless someone has addressed this issue recently for EP....

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to OSC and EP, and I'm having an issue I couldn't find in the historical forum answers. Here's the deal.

I have EP 2.76d-MS2 running with OSC (2.2 MS2 (051113)). I was able to download a file with one item, with the category setup of Performance -> Exhaust -> Remus -> and then the product.

I added additional products to the tab deliminated file, using the exact same format. Then I uploaded the revised file using EP and the file imports just fine. However, the catalog items that are added are now placed in a completely new top level category, with incorrect subcategories.

I now have a new top-level category labeled Remus, with catetories under it labled Taxable Goods -> Active

Plus, ANOTHER new top-level category: Exhaust -> Remus --> Taxable Goods.

So... I'm confused as to what may be happening, since the import, based on the file I exported -- same category headings -- is messing up.

Here's the data in the file, with the headings....

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

162_b.jpg Remus Cat-Back System "Specific: Item#: 252095 0509: Rear muffler/ 1 tip/ dim. 5.31x2.953""<br> Tip Style: t09<br> not EC approved<br> General: This product ships within 1-18 business days<br>" 613.67 35 12/6/2006 21:23 0 Remus Performance Exhaust Remus Cat-Back System Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Acura Type R 1.8L 190hp type DC2 Remus Cat-Back System from 11/97 "Specific: Item#: 255098 0570: Rear muffler/ 1 tip/ dim. 4.02""<br>Tip Style: t70<br><br><br> General: <b></b><br><br>This product ships within 1-18 business days" 523.5309 35 12/6/2006 21:23 0 Remus Performance Exhaust Remus Cat-Back System Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Tom

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to OSC and EP, and I'm having an issue I couldn't find in the historical forum answers. Here's the deal.

I have EP 2.76d-MS2 running with OSC (2.2 MS2 (051113)). I was able to download a file with one item, with the category setup of Performance -> Exhaust -> Remus -> and then the product.

I added additional products to the tab deliminated file, using the exact same format. Then I uploaded the revised file using EP and the file imports just fine. However, the catalog items that are added are now placed in a completely new top level category, with incorrect subcategories.

I now have a new top-level category labeled Remus, with catetories under it labled Taxable Goods -> Active

Plus, ANOTHER new top-level category: Exhaust -> Remus --> Taxable Goods.

So... I'm confused as to what may be happening, since the import, based on the file I exported -- same category headings -- is messing up.

Here's the data in the file, with the headings....

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

162_b.jpg Remus Cat-Back System "Specific: Item#: 252095 0509: Rear muffler/ 1 tip/ dim. 5.31x2.953""<br> Tip Style: t09<br> not EC approved<br> General: This product ships within 1-18 business days<br>" 613.67 35 12/6/2006 21:23 0 Remus Performance Exhaust Remus Cat-Back System Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Acura Type R 1.8L 190hp type DC2 Remus Cat-Back System from 11/97 "Specific: Item#: 255098 0570: Rear muffler/ 1 tip/ dim. 4.02""<br>Tip Style: t70<br><br><br> General: <b></b><br><br>This product ships within 1-18 business days" 523.5309 35 12/6/2006 21:23 0 Remus Performance Exhaust Remus Cat-Back System Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Tom

Yes, that does look a little wrong, seeing as your first field header is model number and your first entry is an image.

I think the problem you have is that you are adding fields in the Excel end of it which haven't been added to either the easypopulate.php file and/or the database.

Adding files to the TD text file will not make them appear in easy populate if they haven't been defined there.

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Yes, that does look a little wrong, seeing as your first field header is model number and your first entry is an image.

I think the problem you have is that you are adding fields in the Excel end of it which haven't been added to either the easypopulate.php file and/or the database.

Adding files to the TD text file will not make them appear in easy populate if they haven't been defined there.

Actually, I didn't add any fields, but it turns out those first two columns need to be populated for the products to get added correctly. I hadn't been using "model" in OSC, but now I will!

Thanks - Tom

OOPS! sorry both postings should say they are regarding this contribution

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes)

Awesome! many thanks for that work. does that make the Frooge part complient? I knew it was out of date when I was adding the other stuff, but it wasn't in my scope of work.

One problem though, HallMarc. the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT as defined in your configure.php should not have a trailing slash, see this post where a few of us worked out that issue. The install for osCommerce is wrong and a fix has not been addressed. DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is installed correctly with Fantastico now, since those folks listened. All root paths, whether physical (DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) or virtual (HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER) must not have a trailing slash since the "admin" and the "catalog" sub-paths all start with a slash. Therefore, it should look like this for those that have the shop in the root of their host storage (and have the correct setting for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT):

Indeed if you use $DOCUMENT_ROOT to set your DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT in the configure.php it will correctly NOT have a trailing slash (at least on my test servers).

Some comments for the rest of those starting out with EP:

1) Make sure your temp directory is correct. I have added a setting that at the top of the easypopulate.php file that will display the setting on the EP mainpage ($show_ep_settings). Use this and your temp location will be displayed and you can verify that it exists, is correct, make sure the permissions are 777, and doesn't have any double slashes in the path.

2) Product Model number must always be use and it must be unique for each product in order to use this contrib.

3) If you are planning to add new products with EP, use a "complete" export for your template. When you open it in Excel to remove existing products that you will not change, highlight entire rows but clicking on the row number, right-click and select delete. If you simply hit the delete key on the keyboard, excel will save rows of commas at the end of your file.

4) go through all settings and think about them. example: $zero_qty_inactive, as set by default, will deactivate any products with a zero quantity on the import. I don't like this default setting, but I didn't want to change too much with v2.76d-MS2.

but with uploading it appears to work fine but doesn't upload anything to the database, nor does it give any errors or confirmation messages.

I'm hearing your cries for help, but not sure where to start. how about we start with you posting a link to an import file you have tried so I can look at that? (I think you said you are using v2.76d)

An interesting question was asked through a PM. I thought I'd share it with everyone.

Is it possible to ad a product to more than one category?

yes. If you duplicate a row in the file you will import using EP, and the only thing you change on the duplicate row is the category name, then you will have the same product showing in the 2 categories.

This will be the same as if you had used the osCommerce product "Copy" and chose to "Link Product".

Just make sure the Product's model number does not change in the duplicate row.

The result will be only one product entry in the database, but it will be linked to 2 different catagories.

If you need to update the product name or description in the future, the export will show 2 rows for the product with the same model number. The only difference will be the category name. If you need to change the product name or description, you can remove the duplicate row and make your change to the one that is remaining, or make the change to both rows, then import the EP file.

hope that helps someone...

AS ALWAYS, MAKE BACKUPS of your database BEFORE

USING ANY CONTRIB THAT WILL CHANGE IT.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!

********************************************** :thumbsup:

ALso, becuase of the way this works, you can't change a product's category by editing an EP file. Changing the product's category in an EP export will simply add it to the other category. The product will still be linked to the original category. ;)

Edited by surfalot

I'm hearing your cries for help, but not sure where to start. how about we start with you posting a link to an import file you have tried so I can look at that? (I think you said you are using v2.76d)

I have seen where if you are editing the file in Excel and do not close the file (clicking on OK and Yes as it queries you about how to save the file) then the file you upload doesn't get parsed. I don't know why it would be different, yet, there you are.

Awesome! many thanks for that work. does that make the Frooge part complient? I knew it was out of date when I was adding the other stuff, but it wasn't in my scope of work.

Yes, it should work. I had to look at Froogles "How to.." pages and my Store Feed contribution and just used some programming knowledge to write it. Feel free to start adding any other fields just make sure you name the headers in the manner laid out by Google.

One problem though, HallMarc. the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT as defined in your configure.php should not have a trailing slash, see this post where a few of us worked out that issue. The install for osCommerce is wrong and a fix has not been addressed. DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is installed correctly with Fantastico now, since those folks listened. All root paths, whether physical (DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT) or virtual (HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER) must not have a trailing slash since the "admin" and the "catalog" sub-paths all start with a slash. Therefore, it should look like this for those that have the shop in the root of their host storage (and have the correct setting for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT):

I have been "corrected" on this one before. Let us leave it at this, check your configure file and if it has a trailing slash (and everything else is working fine) then remove the preceding slash from those areas of easypopulate.php otherwise it should be working fine and you probably wouldn't be looking for this answer. B)

Hi guys

Sorry if this was asked before but I just can't imagine going through hundreds of pages to check.

I just installed a fresh copy of OSC and everything seems to work OK.

I also installed a fresh copy of EP_v2_76d_MS2, also no errors.

I downloaded the complete EP file in .txt format.

I added a new product. I just copied the last product from the original instalation of OSC and changed some details about it. I did that in Wordpad.

I uploaded the file and Inserted it into DB.

I got the following message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php8Vn0FX

User filename: EP2006Dec07-2210.txt

Size: 83954

After that I checked the Catalog but there is no new product. I repeated this a couple of times. I never get any error messages but no new products either.

Am I missing something?

Please help.

yes I changed the product model number

what setting do you have in mind?

ALL settings. :D

I just did the same thing you are describing on "a bugs life" from the test data. (I replaced the descriptions with some text I know doesn't contain a tab). I used all the default settings (tab delineated), edited with word pad. and worked OK for me. R U using SQL 5 by chance? can you post a link to the file you imported? where you re-importing all your products with that or just the additional one?

I'm almost positive that the file is not the problem.

really? despite all the work that has been done on this contrib, it's not perfect. And yet you are not using the latest feature I just added that I feel fixes some of the long running issues in this contrib. If you are that confident in the code that generates the export, there isn't much I can help you with. Since you are not using any of the features of the v2.76d, please try 2.76c and let me know if you have the same trouble. at this point I can't suggest anything more since you don't seem to be getting an error and the code is just quiting on you.

Hello, I installed Easy Populate version 2.76 and when I run easypopulate.php

this error is displayed: ' Parse error: parse error in /usr42/home/lacg/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31'

If someone could point me in the right direction to fix this I would really appreciate it.

Thank You,

Hello, I installed Easy Populate version 2.76 and when I run easypopulate.php

this error is displayed: ' Parse error: parse error in /usr42/home/lacg/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31'

If someone could point me in the right direction to fix this I would really appreciate it.

Thank You,

that would be step number 3 in the 1readmeFIRST.txt doc. I would like to be more specific, but the info you posted doesn't help me locate the problem. it would be line 26 in an unmodified shop+EP. Here are the lines above and below the change you were suppose to make:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

Hey Everyone,

i havent been on this post for a few weeks, (had to study for the LSAT) but when i was here, i was trying to get my EP to work and i was pretty flustrated, and a few good people were giving me their input to try to get it to work. So i just want to say THANKS to everyone who was giving me their 2 cents. ALSO thanks to "surfalot" for his update to the mod, because of which i can now download and upload , and get what need to get done.

again THANKS EVERYONE.

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

You can find it here

Tacky commercialism. :'( I find it interesting the description calls it a contribution, yet charges $90 for it. They haven't even take the time to figure-out it's osCommerce, not Oscommerce or OsCommerce. clowns