• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

you are most likely using php version 5, verify by going to the store admin, tools, server info.

if so, there is a fix here in the thread for that.

I just installed the Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) application, downloaded a complete .txt of all files, deleted the files from the store in admin, then uploaded the .txt file and only ONE PRODUCT was uploaded.

Has anyone else had this issue?

apparently, everything is in place... but the script just doesn't jump to the next product.

you are most likely using php version 5, verify by going to the store admin, tools, server info.

if so, there is a fix here in the thread for that.

you're the man... i've spent the last 5 hours trying to figure that one out!

thank you!!!

for anyone else that has the error of only seeing one product uploaded, open your easypopulate.php script and replace this:

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

with this:

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

Edited by ecreative

sounds like you do not have your temp dir set to 777 properties and or the proper path setup for your temp dir via your configure.php file and your easypopulate.php file.

What should I be looking for in configure.php? Temp file is set to 777 already and easypop has the full home/etc path for temp1 and temp2

You need to upload the two files: easypopulate.php & easypopulate_functions.php in place of the ones you already have setup, then upload the table_block.php class file (patched for a known bug). Then enable the "excel safe output" in the options at the top of easypopulate.php.

When I do the above (I have excel safe output as true), create a file to download, edit the file (keep same headings), upload and import file, I get the following error message:

Filename: test3.csv

##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.

I then ftp the file into my temp folder (both folder and file are 777), I still get the error message.

When I have the excel at false, I get the following

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php81Bdn3

User filename: test3.txt

Size: 7127

However, the data is not imported.

Any suggestions?

full home path is wrong, should be /catalog/temp/ or whatever you have your store named, if in the $DOCUMENT_ROOT then /temp/ works.

What should I be looking for in configure.php? Temp file is set to 777 already and easypop has the full home/etc path for temp1 and temp2

file needs to be saved in tab delimited format. check your easypopulate.php file and make sure it is \t and then with excel do file save as and choose text file.

When I do the above (I have excel safe output as true), create a file to download, edit the file (keep same headings), upload and import file, I get the following error message:

Filename: test3.csv

I then ftp the file into my temp folder (both folder and file are 777), I still get the error message.

When I have the excel at false, I get the following

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php81Bdn3

User filename: test3.txt

Size: 7127

However, the data is not imported.

Any suggestions?

file needs to be saved in tab delimited format. check your easypopulate.php file and make sure it is \t and then with excel do file save as and choose text file.

Here is the error I get doing the above:

Filename: text4.txt

It is not making sense. Here is the step by step process I am taking.

Option One:

In easypopulate.php I have the folloiwng:

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/temp/";

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

$excel_safe_output = true; // default is: false

Here are the steps I take:

1. 'Create and then download files'-Download complete .csv file

2. Edit the file so there is only one product with a unique products_model.

3. Save the file as tab delimited file (text4.txt)

4. I get the error message

Why is it saying Can not open CSV file when it is obvious by the extension it is not a CSV file?

Option Two:

//$separator = ","; // comma

3. Save the file as comma delimited file (text4.csv)

Option Three:

$excel_safe_output = false; // default is: false

4. I get the following message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDKw5dM

User filename: test6.txt

Size: 4914

BUT no product was added.

Option four:

I have done all of the above but instead put the created text file in the temp directory and done an 'Import" and still not work.

I am at a loss of what else to try.

what version of EP? try it without the document root setting

Here is the error I get doing the above:

Filename: text4.txt

It is not making sense. Here is the step by step process I am taking.

Option One:

3. Save the file as tab delimited file (text4.txt)

Why is it saying Can not open CSV file when it is obvious by the extension it is not a CSV file?

Option Two:

//$separator = ","; // comma

Option Three:

$excel_safe_output = false; // default is: false

4. I get the following message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDKw5dM

User filename: test6.txt

Size: 4914

BUT no product was added.

Option four:

I have done all of the above but instead put the created text file in the temp directory and done an 'Import" and still not work.

I am at a loss of what else to try.

I installed EP 2.76d on a install that has the Imagemagic 151 and more pics 6 v1.2c. If I use the Export EP or Froogle Products File or create and download file everything works fine. But after adding additional products to the excel sheet and try to upload, it appears to upload, the screen flashes and returns but with no confirmation, and when I check the database nothing has been uploaded, nor do I get any error messages. I don't know if this will help but here is what I get if I try to create a file in the temp directory

Here is the url for the temp dir http://store.fhceramics.com//catalog/temp

I don't know that much about php so any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

Actually, you have two problems.

Not only do you have a // between your store name and the catalog directory, you have two "catalog"s in the path.

The // is probably because you have a trailing / on the http//store.thceramics.com in both your configure.php files (store/catalog/includes/configure.php and store/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php). Neither of the server names or cookie domains (assuming you have a SSL certificate) should have a trailing /

The second problem can be taken care of by going to to easypopulate.php file (store/catalog/admin) and near the top of the file, where it defines your two temp directories, remove /catalog from each so you are left with /temp/

This should fix it

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

what version of EP? try it without the document root setting

I am using the latest version

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.76d-MS2';

I must change the document root setting because OSC is at the root of my server.

However, I just thought of something that may be the issue. My database has a prefix. Does the script take into account a prefix? In other words my database iname s database-osc not, database.

Druid,

Have u enabled display all errors ion php.ini so that you can see if there is a php error that is terminating your scripts?

Hal

Not only do you have a // between your store name and the catalog directory, you have two "catalog"s in the path.

The // is probably because you have a trailing / on the http//store.thceramics.com in both your configure.php files (store/catalog/includes/configure.php and store/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php). Neither of the server names or cookie domains (assuming you have a SSL certificate) should have a trailing /

The second problem can be taken care of by going to to easypopulate.php file (store/catalog/admin) and near the top of the file, where it defines your two temp directories, remove /catalog from each so you are left with /temp/

This should fix it

I am using the latest version

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.76d-MS2';

Has anyone found any contrib that actually works to import products. I have spent hours working on this problem, reading tons of posts and it seems like there is very little success in importing products into OSC.

Listed below are errors I am getting when trying to use this contrib just to import one item:

(It appears that it is looking for the tmp, temp folder in the wrong path. I have tried various combinations. It should be straightforward. I have the store installed at the root.

line 37: PHP Warning: file(/temp/text7.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/public_html/domain/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805, referer: https://www.domain.com/admin/easypopulate.php

line 38: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/public_html/domain/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844, referer: https://www.domain.com/admin/easypopulate.php

line 39: PHP Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/temp/text7.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/tmp:/usr/:/var/www/public_html/domain/) in /var/www/public_html/domain/html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43, referer: https://www.domain.com/admin/easypopulate.php?split=0

line 40: PHP Warning: file() [function.file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/temp/text7.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/tmp:/usr/:/var/www/public_html/domain/) in /var/www/public_html/domain/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805, referer: https://www.domain.com/admin/easypopulate.php?split=0

Here are the lines that come up wit errors.

// get the entire file into an array

$readed = file($tempdir . $usrfl_name);

}

if ($localfile){

// move the file to where we can work with it

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

// do normal EP input

// now we string the entire thing together in case there were carriage returns in the data

$newreaded = "";

foreach ($readed as $read){

$newreaded .= $read;

}

This should fix it

Hi, I got the temp directory fixed but still having the problem of EPEP_v2_76d_MS2 not uploading with no errors showing or confirmation and nothing showing up in the database. I re-installed oscommerce and did a new re-install of oscommerce and installed ep on it still with the same problem with uploading

Edited by FHCeramics

full home path is wrong, should be /catalog/temp/ or whatever you have your store named, if in the $DOCUMENT_ROOT then /temp/ works.

Thanks for your help Mibble. It seems to be working now.

I have another question though.

I'm using EP to update my slave products for the master products contribution. In my product description for the slaves I want to have something like this:

<a target="_blank" href="nov2005/Face1.jpg">Click to See Image</a>

where they click on the link and a pop up of an image appears.

but when I go to the listing the link I get is:

http://www.mpm.org.au/shop_dev/"nov2005/Face1.jpg"

I know that the http:// etc is appearing as it's the image path in the configure file - but how do I stop it from appearing and just get a normal html link appear.

Does this make sense?

Edited by mpm

I just installed EP_v2_76d_MS2 and upgraded more pics to more_pics_6_v1.2c. When I try to "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_master as v_products_master, p.products_master_status as v_products_master_status, p.products_listing_status as v_products_listing_status, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

Do I need to change something in easy populate or in more pics or both? It seems to be the extra image fields causing a problem because I can download the other files (except also "Download Froogle tab-delimited .txt file")

I just tried easypopulate with a different store, on a different server, with a different path for the store.

In my error log there are two commands that are causing errors just like my other store.

Error on line 844

// now we string the entire thing together in case there were carriage returns in the data

$newreaded = "";

foreach ($readed as $read){

$newreaded .= $read;

}

YOU NEED TO ADD THE FIELD PRODUCTS_MASTER TO EP

I just installed EP_v2_76d_MS2 and upgraded more pics to more_pics_6_v1.2c. When I try to "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_master as v_products_master, p.products_master_status as v_products_master_status, p.products_listing_status as v_products_listing_status, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

Do I need to change something in easy populate or in more pics or both? It seems to be the extra image fields causing a problem because I can download the other files (except also "Download Froogle tab-delimited .txt file")

YOU NEED TO ADD THE FIELD PRODUCTS_MASTER TO EP

Pardon me for not understanding, but I looked at easypopulate.php and there is a v_products_master, and later on in the file for the sql section - p.products_master as v_products_master.

What exactly am I supposed to add and where?