• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Since I just installed my first osCommerce, I found out through the users here that I needed to install2 mod to get my attributed to work the way I needed them.

I installed the v2.76d-MS2 and have been running only that with the 1.01 attributes mod.

The " were showing up fine in my .txt file, until I created subcategories with items in it. "#&34" was showing up in its place after exporting. Also all the date/time was set to 00000.

I will check if the "excel safe output" was enabled.

Thx

Edited by gdl357

Since I just installed my first osCommerce, I found out through the users here that I needed to install2 mod to get my attributed to work the way I needed them.

I installed the v2.76d-MS2 and have been running only that with the 1.01 attributes mod.

The " were showing up fine in my .txt file, until I created subcategories with items in it. "#&34" was showing up in its place after exporting. Also all the date/time was set to 00000.

I will check if the "excel safe output" was enabled.

Thx

seems to be DISABLED in stock form.

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = false;

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

// *** Excel safe output ***

// this setting will supersede the previous $separator setting and create a file

// that excel will import without spanning cells from embedded commas.

global $excel_safe_output;

$excel_safe_output = false; // default is: falseif ($excel_safe_output == true) { $separator = ","; }

// *** Preserve Tabs, Carriage returns and Line feeds ***

// this setting will preserve the special chars that can cause problems in

// a text based output. When used with $excel_safe_output, it will safely

// preserve these elements in the export and import.

global $preserve_tabs_cr_lf;

$preserve_tabs_cr_lf = false; // default is: false

Edited by gdl357

You need to upload the two files: easypopulate.php & easypopulate_functions.php in place of the ones you already have setup, then upload the table_block.php class file (patched for a known bug). Then enable the "excel safe output" in the options at the top of easypopulate.php.

It should format your output to excel format cvs which will open in excel allow edits and resave to the same csv format file, then upload back into easypopulate. I would like some feedback from one of the many folks that seem to be having trouble with the tabs, comma, quotes and double-quotes.

hope it helps.

Hi surfalot,

I am using it that way (2.76.d, excel safe, Table_block.php new) and now have only trouble with items with attributes:

They get multiplied, meaning they show up as two items instead of one wih two attributes.

Thanks!

Hi surfalot,

I am using it that way (2.76.d, excel safe, Table_block.php new) and now have only trouble with items with attributes:

They get multiplied, meaning they show up as two items instead of one wih two attributes.

Thanks!

I didn't write the atttribute part, but if you provide an example single product import, I'll look at it. This seemed to be working well with the original test data. Are you importing a completely new product or uploading an update to an existing product?

I didn't write the atttribute part, but if you provide an example single product import, I'll look at it. This seemed to be working well with the original test data. Are you importing a completely new product or uploading an update to an existing product?

I am updating.

A single item file is at http://www.mysticalbazaar.com/EP2006Dec02-1212single.csv

56 items at http://www.mysticalbazaar.com/EP2006Dec02-1212.csv

THX

r u saving tab or comma separated?

also, why do you have a product model # field in there which is empty?

Hi Mibble,

Doesn't matter which way I save, the attribs multiply the products.

Somewhere in the manual it was recommended not to leave the product model# empty.

Evenwhen I put some numbers in there- same story...

wondering if I should enable it or not.

$excel_safe_output = false;

if you want to use the feature, make it true. otherwise, the export and import format the same as v2.76c

do you have an unique product model number defined for each product in your shop? That is a requirement for using this contribution, any version.

it will not work without that. and that is why you get duplicate products.

Can somebody explain this error to me please? I get it when I import a file. I've used the file before but I've added a lot of contributions since I last used it (or any other EP file)

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/temp/novemberfaces.txt.xls) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phphhP1zJ' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/temp/novemberfaces.txt.xls' in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phphhP1zJ

User filename: novemberfaces.txt.xls

Size: 10694

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/temp/novemberfaces.txt.xls) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 656

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXX/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Edited by mpm

do you have an unique product model number defined for each product in your shop? That is a requirement for using this contribution, any version.

it will not work without that. and that is why you get duplicate products.

Hi surfalot,

I assigned a unique product model number for each product,

downloaded, uploaded, now some items with attributes disappeared.

sounds like you do not have your temp dir set to 777 properties and or the proper path setup for your temp dir via your configure.php file and your easypopulate.php file.

Can somebody explain this error to me please? I get it when I import a file. I've used the file before but I've added a lot of contributions since I last used it (or any other EP file)

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/temp/novemberfaces.txt.xls) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phphhP1zJ' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/temp/novemberfaces.txt.xls' in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phphhP1zJ

User filename: novemberfaces.txt.xls

Size: 10694

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/temp/novemberfaces.txt.xls) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 656

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXX/public_html/shop_dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Nothing. I've been adding a few on the local system, to get the site ready, but haven't moved anything to the server. However, I think I may have copied the local database over the one on the server. I just went to restore the server DB from a backup, which is 5Mb, and the restore dies part-way through (IE can't find page). So, I can restore the db table by table from the last backup, but could something there be causing this error? Why would a perfectly good uploaded file be reported as having no model number, no delimiter, etc. ?

Oh the shame. Druid, Hugh, I hang my head. All those problems I was having with array walk errors, etc. was because somehow my delimiter setting in the admin panel became blank. I put '\t' in it and everything worked both on the pc and the server. <sigh> I expect they'll be coming to confiscate my developer's shingle any minute.

I'm considering taking the highly rated clean version of EP and putting it in place. My question is, I have a number of extra fields I've added to products over time, is there something else I should do other than re-adding them to this new version that would make more sense?

Hi surfalot,

I assigned a unique product model number for each product,

downloaded, uploaded, now some items with attributes disappeared.

are you absolutely sure each number is unique? can I see the export file now?

Oh the shame. Druid, Hugh, I hang my head. All those problems I was having with array walk errors, etc. was because somehow my delimiter setting in the admin panel became blank. I put '\t' in it and everything worked both on the pc and the server. <sigh> I expect they'll be coming to confiscate my developer's shingle any minute.

I'm considering taking the highly rated clean version of EP and putting it in place. My question is, I have a number of extra fields I've added to products over time, is there something else I should do other than re-adding them to this new version that would make more sense?

Jeff,

It happens to the best of us. Remember my two weeks of banging my head against the wall not even considering that the problem was a 2 line fix for PHP5?

As far as I know, you're going to have to put them in the new version as well, but, if you want a tip, get a file comparer that can do a vertical split screen, put your current easypopulate.php on one side, the new one on the other side, grab the different stuff from the old one, paste it in the new one and when the comparer says "exact", you're done.

The great thing about banging your head against the wall is that it feels REALLY good when you stop LOL

Richard

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I installed EP 2.76d on a install that has the Imagemagic 151 and more pics 6 v1.2c. If I use the Export EP or Froogle Products File or create and download file everything works fine. But after adding additional products to the excel sheet and try to upload, it appears to upload, the screen flashes and returns but with no confirmation, and when I check the database nothing has been uploaded, nor do I get any error messages. I don't know if this will help but here is what I get if I try to create a file in the temp directory

Warning: fopen(/home/users/web/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/htdocs//catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Dec02-0202.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 678

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 679

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hermes/web09/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/store/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

You can get your file in the Tools/File Manager here: /home/users/web/b2833/pow.bcbigwolf/htdocs//catalog//catalog/temp/EPEP2006Dec02-0202.txt

Here is the url for the temp dir http://store.fhceramics.com//catalog/temp

I don't know that much about php so any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

find the setting $zero_qty_inactive in your easypopulate.php file, near the top in the settings area. set it to false. does that fix your problem? (read about that setting while you are there)

Edited by surfalot

find the setting $zero_qty_inactive in your easypopulate.php file, near the top in the settings area. set it to false. does that fix your problem? (read about that setting while you are there)

That is the solution!

Sorry I overread that line of the config settings...

Thanks! I'll pass it on!

I just installed the Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) application, downloaded a complete .txt of all files, deleted the files from the store in admin, then uploaded the .txt file and only ONE PRODUCT was uploaded.

Has anyone else had this issue?

apparently, everything is in place... but the script just doesn't jump to the next product.