• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Well, I'll tell ya. I'm also a writer...words as well as software, and I know that standalone sentences, like IMs, can be taken the wrong way easily. So, I'll put my part of this to bed by saying two things...I'm absolutely certain he wasn't being unfriendly...he was just being concise, and I would recommend just using phpadmin... my version at least has export options for CSV, CSV for MS Excel, and MS Excel 2000, and you can pick what tables you want to export.

well the question which came about for this, was asked in the wrong place. should have been another forum altogether, especially when you found out what the question was actually aimed at.

well the question which came about for this, was asked in the wrong place. should have been another forum altogether, especially when you found out what the question was actually aimed at.

mmm, I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I disagree. Not being able to get an EP function to work makes it the right place regardless of why someone wants it to work, imho.

:(..... I feel sad, there was at least one person with the same issues as me, and now no one. I feel like an abandoned child. I would just like to Kindly ask that if anyone, ever got errors, with downloading over 1700 products, with Ep. And what they would have done to fix it. Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

The situation: Have a live store. Need to update and delete a large amount of products at once.

The Problem: EP works for a small amount of products. But when the full inventory is loaded to the database. And i try to donwload it from ep back to my computer, i get Internal Server Error? Possibly a timeout?? I am not too sure. I believe i had it working before, i added a few mods.

Solution tried. I installed new stock store, with only the EP 2.76c mod. Upload and download worked for a few products. When the full inventory was loaded, the same problem. I loaded the inventory using the old EP file i had saved from a month ago. (total records 1762). All items were loaded to the database successfully. However EP was unable to download all the products.

This is a cry for help. I love Oscommerce, and my options with it. I dont wanna let it go. I would really really appreciate it, if you guyz n Galz in the community would give me your two cents. I wanna try anything and everything in my test store to get this going.

thanks a lot

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

:(..... I feel sad, there was at least one person with the same issues as me, and now no one. I feel like an abandoned child. I would just like to Kindly ask that if anyone, ever got errors, with downloading over 1700 products, with Ep. And what they would have done to fix it. Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

The situation: Have a live store. Need to update and delete a large amount of products at once.

The Problem: EP works for a small amount of products. But when the full inventory is loaded to the database. And i try to donwload it from ep back to my computer, i get Internal Server Error? Possibly a timeout?? I am not too sure. I believe i had it working before, i added a few mods.

Solution tried. I installed new stock store, with only the EP 2.76c mod. Upload and download worked for a few products. When the full inventory was loaded, the same problem. I loaded the inventory using the old EP file i had saved from a month ago. (total records 1762). All items were loaded to the database successfully. However EP was unable to download all the products.

This is a cry for help. I love Oscommerce, and my options with it. I dont wanna let it go. I would really really appreciate it, if you guyz n Galz in the community would give me your two cents. I wanna try anything and everything in my test store to get this going.

thanks a lot

Hi,

I'll help if I can, but, I don't have my whole parts inventory in yet, only about 250 items, so, nowhere near what you have, but, I probably will exceed that at some point.

Now, how many items does it download and, roughly, how long does it take to do it?

Richard

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Hi,

I'll help if I can, but, I don't have my whole parts inventory in yet, only about 250 items, so, nowhere near what you have, but, I probably will exceed that at some point.

Now, how many items does it download and, roughly, how long does it take to do it?

Richard

Thanks Richard,

I really appreciate you taking the time out to help.

This is the basics:

I have only tired it with 100 items, and then the whole 1762. It processed the 100 items download pretty quickly, and gave me the prompt where i have to press save to my computer. But with the full inventory, i cannot download, the "complete" file, i can only download with the froogle option, or just the model/qty option. When picking those options to download inventory, the screen has the status bar on the bottom filling up for about 10-15 seconds, and then gives me a save to computer screen. However with the complete option i get "internal server error" after 30 seconds or so. This is what made me suspect that it may be a time out.

I dont know if there is a way for me to download in sections, just like we upload in sections of 300 items at a time.

Also , i am able to upload with split files, and split files etc. It is able to read and write to my temp dir. Although i tried to save the complete inventory to the temp dir, and the same internal server error.

what do you guys think i can try?

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

Thanks Richard,

I really appreciate you taking the time out to help.

This is the basics:

I have only tired it with 100 items, and then the whole 1762. It processed the 100 items download pretty quickly, and gave me the prompt where i have to press save to my computer. But with the full inventory, i cannot download, the "complete" file, i can only download with the froogle option, or just the model/qty option. When picking those options to download inventory, the screen has the status bar on the bottom filling up for about 10-15 seconds, and then gives me a save to computer screen. However with the complete option i get "internal server error" after 30 seconds or so. This is what made me suspect that it may be a time out.

I dont know if there is a way for me to download in sections, just like we upload in sections of 300 items at a time.

Also , i am able to upload with split files, and split files etc. It is able to read and write to my temp dir. Although i tried to save the complete inventory to the temp dir, and the same internal server error.

what do you guys think i can try?

did you try to index your products_model field?

Edited by pixclinic

Hi there,

I went over to the contribs page and tried to figure out which one (or more) I must install to get a stable working version of EP. I can't figure it out because there are so many versions and the version numbers themselves jump about like crazy. Is there any way someone could tell me which one I need and I'll figure the rest out myself?

Psy

Hey Hugh, thanks for the reply, im not sure how to index my products model field? Can you give me a little input on how to do that. Ill definately give it a go.

You will have to go to your database MyphpAdmin panel, and left the hood of your database.

on the left side, you will see all the tables: click on products, you will see your products table structure.

look for the field called products_model, click on its "index field" icon (b_index.png)

That's how you index a field.

Edited by pixclinic

for downloading a lot of products, it is more so a limitation of your server time setting to a php script. most dont have access to this area, unless you are on a dedicated server. scripts time out after awhile as you have exceeded the server setting.

If the download is critical to you, and the indexing doesn't work, there are other strategies that might with a tweak of the php code, such as, as you asked about, having it create multiple output files. The thing to do, again, if the indexing or other ideas don't work, is to find out how many records CAN be processed before it dies, which can be done by adding a counter display to the code. Just thinking ahead while I have a head for thinking.

Hi,

Can I upload excel file with EP that include only "product model" & "price" not arranged (like when you download the text file with EP! ) and EP will update the database correctly?

OR I need only to modify a downloaded text file by EP and then upload it?

Any help?

Regards,

Elazar

This is driving me nuts.

I keep getting this message.

Easy Populate 2.76c-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpuJlbi9

User filename: test.txt

Size: 320

I have looked thought the manual and tried almost everything but the bloody thing wont go through.

Any ideas?

I'm back, and I'm desperate. Remember how EP was working fine on my hosted server, but not on my system, which is using php5? Well, the hoster is still using 4, but all of a sudden my uploads are failing. I've looked at the data file, I've checked the temp directory, all seems fine, and the code hasn't changed, yet no matter how many records I try to upload, 20 or 1500, I get this:

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter. in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 708

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 711

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter. in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 1292

Warning: array_walk(): The argument should be an array in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 2280

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported.

repeated ad nauseum for every record. PLEASE...point me to something to look for! Our store is opening Friday, and if I don't get the product file uploaded...

I'm back, and I'm desperate. Remember how EP was working fine on my hosted server, but not on my system, which is using php5? Well, the hoster is still using 4, but all of a sudden my uploads are failing. I've looked at the data file, I've checked the temp directory, all seems fine, and the code hasn't changed, yet no matter how many records I try to upload, 20 or 1500, I get this:

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter. in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 708

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 711

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter. in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 1292

Warning: array_walk(): The argument should be an array in /hsphere/local/home2/baalwww/cebu.us.com/panel/easypopulate.php on line 2280

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported.

repeated ad nauseum for every record. PLEASE...point me to something to look for! Our store is opening Friday, and if I don't get the product file uploaded...

Add any new contributions lately?

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Add any new contributions lately?

Nothing. I've been adding a few on the local system, to get the site ready, but haven't moved anything to the server. However, I think I may have copied the local database over the one on the server. I just went to restore the server DB from a backup, which is 5Mb, and the restore dies part-way through (IE can't find page). So, I can restore the db table by table from the last backup, but could something there be causing this error? Why would a perfectly good uploaded file be reported as having no model number, no delimiter, etc. ?

If the download is critical to you, and the indexing doesn't work, there are other strategies that might with a tweak of the php code, such as, as you asked about, having it create multiple output files. The thing to do, again, if the indexing or other ideas don't work, is to find out how many records CAN be processed before it dies, which can be done by adding a counter display to the code. Just thinking ahead while I have a head for thinking.

Thanks Jeff, and hugh for your suggetions. i havent been online for a week, i was just swamped with things to do. I tried out the indexing, and it didnt quite work, i believe that the script is dying after about 700 products. Because when i only had my mens inventory uploaded, which was 675 products, it uploads and downloads fine, but if i start to go above the 700 mark, thats when it stops working.

Right now i am going to try out the options selection mod for 2.76, and see if maybe i dont download some of the options, then i may have a chance of it working. Its probably not going to work, but i think its worth a shot.

If you guys have any other suggestions, im ready to try em... thanks again for your help.

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

Nothing. I've been adding a few on the local system, to get the site ready, but haven't moved anything to the server. However, I think I may have copied the local database over the one on the server. I just went to restore the server DB from a backup, which is 5Mb, and the restore dies part-way through (IE can't find page). So, I can restore the db table by table from the last backup, but could something there be causing this error? Why would a perfectly good uploaded file be reported as having no model number, no delimiter, etc. ?

I had a problem similar to that before, and i realised that it was something small, such as, the product model number in my database was 12 characters and in my ep file i had configured it to 15. It was a mismatch. i dont know if that maybe it.

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

Is there anyone willing to help me? I am stuck and can't figure out what went wrong. Please help!

I had 76c working fine. Didn't use EP for a few months, added a couple new contributions and now it doesn't work. Specifically, when I try to download or create a file in the temp directory, the page refreshes, but nothing happens. No files are downloaded or created and no error is generated.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? My most recent contribution was SEO.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Doug

Hi All

The EP contributions area has gone bannanas since I was last in there hasn't it.

I'd like to ask if anyone has ever used the Easy Populate system to enter in CATEGORY images and sort order etc.

I don't think this has been done, but you never know.

If it hasn't I may have to sit down and write it.

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Dwyer