VJ

It was (and i quote ) :

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace with this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

If it's NOT php5, don't change anything (end of quote)

I tried this change. I've been unable to get EP working on my local (test) system, which IS php5. After this change, I still get the following (I've truncated it to two records' worth):

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:/Program Files/wamp/tmp\php46A.tmp

User filename: master product list.csv

Size: 904629

Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter. in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 708

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 711

Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter. in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 1292

Warning: array_walk() [function.array-walk]: The argument should be an array in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 2280

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported.

Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter. in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 1292

Warning: array_walk() [function.array-walk]: The argument should be an array in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 2280

I tried this change. I've been unable to get EP working on my local (test) system, which IS php5. After this change, I still get the following (I've truncated it to two records' worth):

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:/Program Files/wamp/tmp\php46A.tmp

User filename: master product list.csv

Size: 904629

Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter. in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 708

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Greenberg\My Documents\My Web Sites\cebu.us.com\panel\easypopulate.php on line 711

Ummm, even though it's 3 AM in the morning here, if you take a look at the file you are trying to import, I can see that the extension is CSV (Comma Separated Values). The program is expecting TAB delimited values import file, so, if you output your file from Excel as a tab-delimited TXT file, it might work a little better for you :-)

Oh course, this is merely theory LOL

Richard

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

It is tab, despite the suffix. Open Office lets you choose the delimiter. The thing is, the file works on the same version of EP on the web server, but not on mine...one difference being they are UX and Win respectively,the other being they are PHP 4 and 5 respectively.

It is tab, despite the suffix. Open Office lets you choose the delimiter. The thing is, the file works on the same version of EP on the web server, but not on mine...one difference being they are UX and Win respectively,the other being they are PHP 4 and 5 respectively.

Hmm, that's a good one. If I've got this straight, the file works on the remote Unix box running PHP 4.x (even with that moded line?) but doesn't work on your WIntel box running PHP 5.x. Is that about right?

I'm afraid I'm not an expert on running this stuff under Windows (although I did develop a site using the Apache pack for Windows once).

Perhaps if you posted a piece of the file you're trying to import someone here can spot the problem.

Is the error message you're getting generated by trying to import the file into the Windows setup?

Hmm, that's a good one. If I've got this straight, the file works on the remote Unix box running PHP 4.x (even with that moded line?) but doesn't work on your WIntel box running PHP 5.x. Is that about right?

I'm afraid I'm not an expert on running this stuff under Windows (although I did develop a site using the Apache pack for Windows once).

Perhaps if you posted a piece of the file you're trying to import someone here can spot the problem.

Is the error message you're getting generated by trying to import the file into the Windows setup?

I was incorrect in part. The server IS running php 5.1.4 So, the identical easypopulate.php file, identical database, and identical csv (with tab delimiter) file uploads beautifully on the server, but on my laptop using wamp, I get that page full of errors. Here is the first 3 lines of the file:

"v_products_model" "v_manufacturers_model" "v_products_image" "v_products_image_2" "v_products_image_3" "v_products_name_1" "v_products_name_3" "v_products_description_1" "v_products_description_3" "v_products_url_1" "v_products_head_title_tag_1" "v_products_head_desc_tag_1" "v_products_head_keywords_tag_1" "v_products_url_3" "v_products_head_title_tag_3" "v_products_head_desc_tag_3" "v_products_head_keywords_tag_3" "v_products_price" "v_products_weight" "v_date_avail" "v_date_added" "v_products_quantity" "v_attribute_options_id_1" "v_attribute_options_name_1_1" "v_attribute_options_name_1_3" "v_attribute_values_price_1_1" "v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1" "v_manufacturers_name" "v_categories_name_1" "v_categories_name_2" "v_categories_name_3" "v_categories_name_4" "v_tax_class_title" "v_status" "v_manufacturers_product_name" "v_manufacturers_price" "v_manufacturers_sets_per" "v-manufacturers_min_order_qty" "v_products_duty_rate" "v_products_height" "v_products_width" "v_products_depth" "v_products_diameter" "v_products_shipping_length" "v_products_shipping_width" "v_shipping_depth" "v_products_harmonized_code" "v_Item_Type" "v_Income_Account" "v_Asset_Account" "v_COGS" "V_Quickbooks_Status" "EOREOR"

"10000200" "DMIR2" "No-Image-Available.gif" "Reyna Victoria 1 wall mirror" "Handcrafted in Peru." "Hecho en Per?." 62.7064825396826 4.40924524369756 03/13/2006 08:00:00 2 1 "Color" "Color" "M&E Peruvian Import-Export" "Home Decors" "Mirrors" "--none--" "Inactive" 23.48 1 "" "" "" "7009.91.1000" "Inventory Part" "Sales:Merchandise:M&E Peruvian" "Inventory Asset:Warehoused:M&E Peruvian" "Purchases:M&E Peruvian" "Not-Active" "EOREOR"

"10000300" "DMIR3" "10000300.jpg" "10000300a.jpg" "Cajamarquinos wall mirror" "Handcrafted in Peru." "Hecho en Per?." 62.7064825396826 4.40924524369756 03/13/2006 08:00:00 2 1 "Color" "Color" "M&E Peruvian Import-Export" "Home Decors" "Mirrors" "--none--" "Active" 23.48 1 "" "" "" "7009.91.1000" "Inventory Part" "Sales:Merchandise:M&E Peruvian" "Inventory Asset:Warehoused:M&E Peruvian" "Purchases:M&E Peruvian" "Active" "EOREOR"

I was incorrect in part. The server IS running php 5.1.4 So, the identical easypopulate.php file, identical database, and identical csv (with tab delimiter) file uploads beautifully on the server, but on my laptop using wamp, I get that page full of errors. Here is the first 3 lines of the file:

"v_products_model" "v_manufacturers_model" "v_products_image" "v_products_image_2" "v_products_image_3" "v_products_name_1" "v_products_name_3" "v_products_description_1" "v_products_description_3" "v_products_url_1" "v_products_head_title_tag_1" "v_products_head_desc_tag_1" "v_products_head_keywords_tag_1" "v_products_url_3" "v_products_head_title_tag_3" "v_products_head_desc_tag_3" "v_products_head_keywords_tag_3" "v_products_price" "v_products_weight" "v_date_avail" "v_date_added" "v_products_quantity" "v_attribute_options_id_1" "v_attribute_options_name_1_1" "v_attribute_options_name_1_3" "v_attribute_values_price_1_1" "v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1" "v_manufacturers_name" "v_categories_name_1" "v_categories_name_2" "v_categories_name_3" "v_categories_name_4" "v_tax_class_title" "v_status" "v_manufacturers_product_name" "v_manufacturers_price" "v_manufacturers_sets_per" "v-manufacturers_min_order_qty" "v_products_duty_rate" "v_products_height" "v_products_width" "v_products_depth" "v_products_diameter" "v_products_shipping_length" "v_products_shipping_width" "v_shipping_depth" "v_products_harmonized_code" "v_Item_Type" "v_Income_Account" "v_Asset_Account" "v_COGS" "V_Quickbooks_Status" "EOREOR"

"10000200" "DMIR2" "No-Image-Available.gif" "Reyna Victoria 1 wall mirror" "Handcrafted in Peru." "Hecho en Per?." 62.7064825396826 4.40924524369756 03/13/2006 08:00:00 2 1 "Color" "Color" "M&E Peruvian Import-Export" "Home Decors" "Mirrors" "--none--" "Inactive" 23.48 1 "" "" "" "7009.91.1000" "Inventory Part" "Sales:Merchandise:M&E Peruvian" "Inventory Asset:Warehoused:M&E Peruvian" "Purchases:M&E Peruvian" "Not-Active" "EOREOR"

"10000300" "DMIR3" "10000300.jpg" "10000300a.jpg" "Cajamarquinos wall mirror" "Handcrafted in Peru." "Hecho en Per?." 62.7064825396826 4.40924524369756 03/13/2006 08:00:00 2 1 "Color" "Color" "M&E Peruvian Import-Export" "Home Decors" "Mirrors" "--none--" "Active" 23.48 1 "" "" "" "7009.91.1000" "Inventory Part" "Sales:Merchandise:M&E Peruvian" "Inventory Asset:Warehoused:M&E Peruvian" "Purchases:M&E Peruvian" "Active" "EOREOR"

Where do you see errors in that part of the file?

Edited by pixclinic

Where do you see errors in that part of the file?

Pixclinic, the errors he's getting are further back up the thread .

Baalwww, Well, the file looks ok, and, it, obviously, works ok on the remote server, so, it's got to be something with the local Wintel setup and, as I said, I'm not very conversant with the setup you're running on the notebook, so, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help you out with this one.

Richard

Ah, I can't read :-) I was looking at the local system instead of the remote. The upload works without a hitch under PHP 4(.4.1), but dies the hard death shown a few replies back, complaining about empty arrays etc. on every record it processes, under PHP 5(.1.4)

I installed EP a week or so ago, and have done all the fidgeting with it I can think of to do.

It will not do a complete file at all, not to download or even create one. It will do the others, but not a complete one. It goes to a Page can not be found after about 10 seconds.... I have it set to only pull 4 records in case it was a timeout issue, but that isnt it as it wont even pull 4. Please help.

Thanks...

Julie

I installed EP a week or so ago, and have done all the fidgeting with it I can think of to do.

It will not do a complete file at all, not to download or even create one. It will do the others, but not a complete one. It goes to a Page can not be found after about 10 seconds.... I have it set to only pull 4 records in case it was a timeout issue, but that isnt it as it wont even pull 4. Please help.

Thanks...

Julie

Does the directory that you've identified as the temp directory exist and is it set for write access (%777) ?

Does the directory that you've identified as the temp directory exist and is it set for write access (%777) ?

Yes. I am able to do the other functions except either complete download or complete file creation. The file can be downloaded from other functions or is created with other functions.

Yes. I am able to do the other functions except either complete download or complete file creation. The file can be downloaded from other functions or is created with other functions.

You've probably done this already, but sometimes we miss the obvious :-) Hold your mouse over each of the EP links on the admin screen, and see if there's anything out of the ordinary in the url for the complete file link.

I accidently posted this as a new topic. Sorry for the duplication!

I had 76c working fine. Didn't use EP for a few months, added a couple new contributions and now it doesn't work. Specifically, when I try to download or create a file in the temp directory, the page refreshes, but nothing happens. No files are downloaded or created and no error is generated.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? My most recent contribution was SEO.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Doug

You've probably done this already, but sometimes we miss the obvious :-) Hold your mouse over each of the EP links on the admin screen, and see if there's anything out of the ordinary in the url for the complete file link.

I had done that, but here is what the URL for the downloading of the file says:

http://mydomain.com/catalog/admin/easypopu...amp;dltype=full

The one for the file creation is the same but this: download=tempfile&dltype=full

Ok, now the Model/Attributes DL or file creation is not working either. I dont do Froogle, so that one I dont care about...

I am wanting to create a new store, but want my products from this store so I dont have to completely re-enter over 1000 products again. That took me a lot of time to do.

Thanks!

Julie

I had done that, but here is what the URL for the downloading of the file says:

http://mydomain.com/catalog/admin/easypopu...amp;dltype=full

The one for the file creation is the same but this: download=tempfile&dltype=full

Ok, now the Model/Attributes DL or file creation is not working either. I dont do Froogle, so that one I dont care about...

I am wanting to create a new store, but want my products from this store so I dont have to completely re-enter over 1000 products again. That took me a lot of time to do.

Thanks!

Julie

I have the same problem. I cannot download the full stream. I have 1700 products. And everything was working fine, but then suddenly, it is not. I had installed a few Mods, and the last one was SEO, so i thought maybe thats what it was. SO using a new database, and a seperate domain name, i did a fresh install of the store. NO mods added, just easy populate. Then with the default data, it worked okay. So i uploaded my EP file from last month. It uploaded to the database fine.

BUT WHEN i try to download a complete file, NO GO. It just gives me an Internal Server error. I see a few people are having the same problem. I wonder if this could be a host issue. I am hosted with 1and1. Does everyone with the problem hosting with 1and1, their databases addresses are under the domain perfora.net.

Thanks in adavnce for everyones help

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

Thanks!

Julie

why don't you use the powerful BACKUP - DOWNLOAD - RESTORE function of the admin for that? that would make much more sense!

why don't you use the powerful BACKUP - DOWNLOAD - RESTORE function of the admin for that? that would make much more sense!

But then it wouldnt be possible to edit prices, add 100 more products or add a line of description to 40 products here, and a different description for 20 products there and stuff like that...

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

But then it wouldnt be possible to edit prices, add 100 more products or add a line of description to 40 products here, and a different description for 20 products there and stuff like that...

if you open the sql file in a text editor, you should be able to read and edit the file before you re-inject it with phpmysql

if you open the sql file in a text editor, you should be able to read and edit the file before you re-inject it with phpmysql

Because I'm not going to use a straight OSCommerce store. I'm going to go with a CRELoaded version of OSCommerce and you just cant INJECT the database from OSC into CRE like that so wouldnt it be nice for EP to work properly? :-"

I've already got one CRELoaded store going and have had far and few between issues and most of the "contribs" I need are already put into CRELoaded... so I'd like to us EP to export it and then IMPORT into the new CRELoaded store.

Makes a little more sense now as to why I cant just export the db then import into the new store, eh?

And I was asking for a little help with my EP not working not to be questioned as to why I am doing it.

Thanks.

Julie

Edited by Baybee

Good idea, but it doesnt seem practical, to use, just to update your inventory. And the sql file is going to be filled with so much more info, that you probably would not want to touch. ALso since i have a live store, i wouldnt want to take a chance of having a customers info deleted, who just happened to be on the site making a purchase or somethig like that.

There must be a way just to make EP work. I dont have much php skills, and because my host doesnt support outside connections to the database, i cannot even use the external product managers. So unfortuantely this seems to be the only solution for me. Or to move to a different shopping cart. I dont really want to do that, becase i am happy with the current template that i just recently purchased, about a month ago. It would be a shame.

Ustat Singh

AllAboutPerfumes.com

Because I'm not going to use a straight OSCommerce store. I'm going to go with a CRELoaded version of OSCommerce and you just cant INJECT the database from OSC into CRE like that so wouldnt it be nice for EP to work properly? :-"

I've already got one CRELoaded store going and have had far and few between issues and most of the "contribs" I need are already put into CRELoaded... so I'd like to us EP to export it and then IMPORT into the new CRELoaded store.

Makes a little more sense now as to why I cant just export the db then import into the new store, eh?

And I was asking for a little help with my EP not working not to be questioned as to why I am doing it.

Thanks.

Julie

Ouch. The question and suggestion was intended, I"m sure, to give you an easy workaround instead of spending time getting EP working for a one-time offload. Since we're all users and not paid support geeks, a little friendliness goes a long way. 'nuff said.

Ouch. The question and suggestion was intended, I"m sure, to give you an easy workaround instead of spending time getting EP working for a one-time offload. Since we're all users and not paid support geeks, a little friendliness goes a long way. 'nuff said.

I agree. That was just my 2 cent answer. Maybe Creloaded has a team of experts that can help you?

I completely agree... as I said, I was just looking here for help and while I appreciate that pix tried, maybe the way it was tried wasnt too friendly. Anyways, as I said, I just wanted a little help from other users, as I know we are all users and not paid support. I've been running OSC for over 3 years, so I know. Baal you seem to be the one who was trying to actually help, and I thank you for that. It's still not working, so I guess I'll be re-entering all my products.

I agree. That was just my 2 cent answer. Maybe Creloaded has a team of experts that can help you?

Well, guys, now you know why I'm not pitching in here any longer.

Like the man said "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" :D

Druid