• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I want to install easy populate on my oscommerce shop, but I also want to install individual shipping prices.

Can these two contributions work together? And can EP include the extra characters that are created for individual product shipping prices?

Fantastic answer!

Yep, the docs say nothing, but:

SUPPORT FOR SPPC 4.1 WITH Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer

CODE

case 'priceqty':

$iii = 0;

// uncomment the customer_price and customer_group to support multi-price per product contrib

$filelayout = array(

'v_products_model' => $iii++,

'v_products_price' => $iii++,

'v_products_quantity' => $iii++,

'v_status' => $iii++,

'v_products_qty_blocks' => $iii++,

'v_products_price1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price1_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price2' => $iii++,

'v_products_price2_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price3' => $iii++,

'v_products_price3_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price4' => $iii++,

'v_products_price4_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price5' => $iii++,

'v_products_price5_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price6' => $iii++,

'v_products_price6_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price7' => $iii++,

'v_products_price7_qty' => $iii++,

'v_products_price8' => $iii++,

'v_products_price8_qty' => $iii++,

'v_customer_price_1' => $iii++,

'v_customer_group_id_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_qty_blocks_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price1_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price1_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price2_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price2_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price3_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price3_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price4_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price4_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price5_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price5_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price6_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price6_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price7_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price7_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price8_1' => $iii++,

'v_products_price8_qty_1' => $iii++,

'v_customer_price_2' => $iii++,

'v_customer_group_id_2' => $iii++,

'v_customer_price_3' => $iii++,

'v_customer_group_id_3' => $iii++,

'v_customer_price_4' => $iii++,

'v_customer_group_id_4' => $iii++,

);

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.products_status as v_status,

p.products_price as v_products_price,

p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id,

p.products_price1 as v_products_price1,

p.products_price2 as v_products_price2,

p.products_price3 as v_products_price3,

p.products_price4 as v_products_price4,

p.products_price5 as v_products_price5,

p.products_price6 as v_products_price6,

p.products_price7 as v_products_price7,

p.products_price8 as v_products_price8,

p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty,

p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty,

p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty,

p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty,

p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty,

p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty,

p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty,

p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty,

p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks,

p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity

FROM

".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p

";

break;

// If you got more customergroups, add the fields to the

// $filelayout array only.

and

CODE

if ($v_customer_price_1 != ''){

$result = tep_db_query('

INSERT INTO

'.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS.'

VALUES

(

' . $v_customer_group_id_1 . ',

' . $v_customer_price_1 . ',

' . $v_products_id . ',

' . $v_products_price1_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price2_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price3_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price4_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price5_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price6_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price1_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price2_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price3_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price4_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price5_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price6_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_qty_blocks_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price7_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price8_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price7_qty_1 . ',

' . $v_products_price8_qty_1 . '

)'

);

}

// Note: the fields must be in the right order as your database

// is organized, I added 2 prices later, so my DBstructure differs...

// If you have more than 1 extra Customergroup,

// you have to edit the next section below for $v_customer_price_2 and

// change all last 1s into 2s

And here we go!

G?tz

found this but it doesnt appear to work?

It pulls in the first part of the extra fields but not the price breaks anyone help?

Edited by cymonguk

I'm using version 2.79b-MS2 with Tommy Vo's easypopulate.php file. I'm don't know what version Grant101 is using.

Kurt

try easypopulate.php from 2.79b-MS2 , not from Tommy Vo's package.

found this but it doesnt appear to work?

It pulls in the first part of the extra fields but not the price breaks anyone help?

do you set to true the sitting "Activate support for separate prices per customer module?"

to get sppc with price break working what ep version should i use? and which file?

try "EP & PA 2.79b-MS2 (bug fixes,CIP,options in admin for AO,SPPC,QTpro. en,ge,it,fi,ru)"

I'M BAACCCK!!!!!!

Well, I got someone to get me over my installation of EP. And it seems to "KIND OF" work. It accepts my files and does what it is supposed to do with one real big problem. The new products show up in the store, but not in the admin catalog. I have no idea where they went. There is no MISC folder created. The new products show up in "Whats New" and in the "Manufacturers" listings.

I really need to get to these products as I need to update the images associated with them. Not a problem you say, one of the files (which I have manually split) contains over 4,500 new products. Just a little problem.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what has gone so awry here?

Thanks,

Kurt

I'M BAACCCK!!!!!!

Well, I got someone to get me over my installation of EP. And it seems to "KIND OF" work. It accepts my files and does what it is supposed to do with one real big problem. The new products show up in the store, but not in the admin catalog. I have no idea where they went. There is no MISC folder created. The new products show up in "Whats New" and in the "Manufacturers" listings.

I really need to get to these products as I need to update the images associated with them. Not a problem you say, one of the files (which I have manually split) contains over 4,500 new products. Just a little problem.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what has gone so awry here?

Thanks,

Kurt

Hey guys, I am really in a bind here. I did a download directly from the db and found 580 products listed, but there are only 310 in categories. I need to get to these product (580) to move them to the correct category and to attach an image to them.

Please, someone respond.

Kurt

Hey guys, I am really in a bind here. I did a download directly from the db and found 580 products listed, but there are only 310 in categories. I need to get to these product (580) to move them to the correct category and to attach an image to them.

Please, someone respond.

Kurt

I'm no pro on the easy populate contrib but if my understanding is correct, you can download a txt file and add your categories & image names into the txt file and re-upload. This will update the existing records already in the db.

Sorry if i've missed a previous post outlining a problem preventing you from doing this.

Skope and Mibble,

Thanks for your replies but I think your missing the point here. The biggest problem is that while the products show if I pull from the manufactorer's listing they are not in the category listing. Additionally when I go to admin>categories/products, they are not there either. Therefore I can't edit them with a category or an image.

I can download another file and put the images in there and then upload that file, but since I uploaded the original file with categories listed properly how do I ensure that they will get listed again? Is EP so dependent on v_products_image that it would bail out if it was listed incorrectly or not listed at all? What was listed was the url address for the images on my vendor's web site. EP can't go to the site and pull the image?

Kurt

Mibble,

As I want to install your 2.74 version of EP I have a question for you that I hope you can answer (or someone else).

I asked it a few posts before but I would like to know if it's possible to retrieve the extra created fields for "individual Product Shipping Prices" with the download .txt file from EP. (and also upload again).

Hans

This is getting a little ridiculous. Isn't there anyone out there that has worked with EP long enough to understand its mediocrities?

I understand that OSC and EP are both free, but if you write a contribution, post it online and then just let everyone hang, now that's just wrong. I guess I need to find another program and tell my host that he's full of it about OSC being the best there is and that its community is so helpful.

Kurt

Edited by ltldoc

HEEELP!

Hello everyone, EasyPopulate rounds down my prices. It turns 9.69 to 9.00 for example.

Any hint?

PS: It displays the right price on the admin screen (easypopulate.php) BUT rounds down on the shop.

Help please, it's an emergency.

Thanks in advance.

I just noticed I posted this question in the forum as a new topic, I meant to post it part of this one.

If the moderators could delete that message, it would be appreciated.

Question:

I have a couple items that need to appear in multiple categories but no matter where the customer purchases from, it needs to deduct the qty. from all.

Just curious how EP handles when you "LINK" a product in the Admin interface?

When I download the file after "LINKing" the page it lists the item twice in both categories.

I haven't tried re-uploading the file to see what happens if I make a change.

Any insights to what behaviour I might expect?

Skope and Mibble,

What was listed was the url address for the images on my vendor's web site. EP can't go to the site and pull the image?

Kurt

Well, I'm no expert on EP, but I *can* tell you that it doesn't "pull" any images, and isn't supposed to. Images are not uploaded by EP, it only puts the URL of the image in the database listing of your product, and OSC grabs the image from the URL.

You shouldn't really point at another site's images, unless of course they agree to it, because you're increasing THEIR bandwidth when someone looks at the photo, and if their bandwidth requirement gets high enough, they have to pay more for their hosting. Anyway, the normal activity is to upload the item file, and also ftp the photos to whereever in your account you're going to keep them, which is normally the catalog/images directory or a subdirectory of it.

If you need info on ftp-ing files, let me know. But the easy way is to open your browser, but in ftp:// and your domain url, provide your username and password when asked for it, then navigate until you see a folder for the directory in which the images belong. Then, open an explorer window on your pc, navigate to the photos you want to upload, select them en masse, drag and drop them onto the folder in the ftp window, and that's it. This is assuming you're on a PC and using IE as a browser.

Well, I'm no expert on EP, but I *can* tell you that it doesn't "pull" any images, and isn't supposed to. Images are not uploaded by EP, it only puts the URL of the image in the database listing of your product, and OSC grabs the image from the URL.

You shouldn't really point at another site's images, unless of course they agree to it, because you're increasing THEIR bandwidth when someone looks at the photo, and if their bandwidth requirement gets high enough, they have to pay more for their hosting. Anyway, the normal activity is to upload the item file, and also ftp the photos to where ever in your account you're going to keep them, which is normally the catalog/images directory or a subdirectory of it.

If you need info on ftp-ing files, let me know. But the easy way is to open your browser, but in ftp:// and your domain URL, provide your username and password when asked for it, then navigate until you see a folder for the directory in which the images belong. Then, open an explorer window on your pc, navigate to the photos you want to upload, select them en masse, drag and drop them onto the folder in the ftp window, and that's it. This is assuming you're on a PC and using IE as a browser.

I just love it when someone answers a question without answering the question.

I am fully aware of how to ftp a file. I've been doing it for years. As for "pointing to another site's images", do you really think I am not aware of needing or asking permission to do so? My vendor encourages this as they do not desire making a CD of images. Now as to their understanding that this will increase their bandwidth requirements, that is their decision. When they tell me to use the URL and pull the image from their site, that's what I do.

But thanks for you input.

Kurt

I just love it when someone answers a question without answering the question.

I am fully aware of how to ftp a file. I've been doing it for years. As for "pointing to another site's images", do you really think I am not aware of needing or asking permission to do so? My vendor encourages this as they do not desire making a CD of images. Now as to their understanding that this will increase their bandwidth requirements, that is their decision. When they tell me to use the URL and pull the image from their site, that's what I do.

But thanks for you input.

Kurt

mmm, well, I was trying to explain the EP doesn't pull a thing, and since you had asked why it can't, and it's a small piece of code and readily reveals that it's not meant to, I figured you might not realize that. I think I answered that question early on, saying it doesn't, and it's not meant to.

Has anyone got this contrib working with the 'add weight to attribute' contribution? Could you please please please tell me in baby steps how to do this? I'm still very much a beginner and I've been going around in circles...

Thanks in advance

~Barbara~

Sorry to bother everybody again, but after reading for hours, I still did not find ANY way around my import problem java script:emoticon(":'(",

smilie:

I try to reimport the exported file (this part works well, thanks God), but I get this as a result:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpKk95F2

User filename: 1.txt

Size: 10077

| 2401000 | big-240100 | Boule Oeuf | Cette boul | | Ball Tea I | This metal | | Ball Tea I | This metal | | 5.27 | 228 | | 0000-00-00 | 1 | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| 531000$b | 530430$b | 530415$b | 511115$b | 511150$b | 511161$b | 511192$b | 511230$b | 511415$b | 530000$b |

(in this example, I tried $ as a delimiter, just in case).

I don't understand... it updates the first one and stop.

Please please please, I beg, today, for a kind help from the wise ones (or any other crazy idea)

I'm sure you already verified this, but if it updates the first records and stops, did you verify that you have EOREOR as the last column to import on each of your product lines?

I try to reimport the exported file (this part works well, thanks God), but I get this as a result:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpKk95F2

User filename: 1.txt

Size: 10077

| 2401000 | big-240100 | Boule Oeuf | Cette boul | | Ball Tea I | This metal | | Ball Tea I | This metal | | 5.27 | 228 | | 0000-00-00 | 1 | | | | | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| 531000$b | 530430$b | 530415$b | 511115$b | 511150$b | 511161$b | 511192$b | 511230$b | 511415$b | 530000$b |

(in this example, I tried $ as a delimiter, just in case).

I don't understand... it updates the first one and stop.

Please please please, I beg, today, for a kind help from the wise ones (or any other crazy idea)

Sure ;-)

Here is an example:

2401000 big-2401000.gif Boule Oeuf Grand Mod?le Cette boule en m?tal se ferme simplement en clipant les deux parties. Pour assurer un bon d?veloppement des feuilles lors de l'infusion, respecter le nombre de mesures associ? ? la taille de la boule. Ball Tea Infuser Large This metal ball can be closed by simply clipping the two parts together. In order to let the leaves unfold properly when brewing, respect the number of tea measures that depends on the ball size. Ball Tea Infuser Large This metal ball can be closed by simply clipping the two parts together. In order to let the leaves unfold properly when brewing, respect the number of tea measures that depends on the ball size. 5.27 228 0000-00-00 00:00:00 1 --none-- Active EOREOR

531000 big-531000.gif Darjeeling ( les 25 sachets) Th? en provenance de cette province d?Inde situ?e au nord du pays, sur les contreforts de l?Himalaya, a ?t? r?colt? durant les mois d??t? (2nd flush). Son go?t rappelle celui du fruit m?r. A d?guster ? toute heure de la journ?e. Darjeeling (25 bags) A tea originating from this Indian province,located in the North of the country, in the Himalayas foothills. It was picked during the summer months (2nd Flush).Its taste is reminiscent of ripe fruit. It can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Darjeeling (25 bags) A tea originating from this Indian province,located in the North of the country, in the Himalayas foothills. It was picked during the summer months (2nd Flush).Its taste is reminiscent of ripe fruit. It can be enjoyed at any time of the day. 10.14 228 0000-00-00 00:00:00 1 Thes et tisanes Confections et sachets --none-- Active EOREOR

I'm desperate...

I installed easy_populate, and assume you must first export a template before attempting to import items? However, I am getting this error, though right at the top it says DEFAUL_LANGUAGE_EP English

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/smallengines/catalog/easypopulate.php on line 850

I am also getting an error at the top but do not know how to secure the file, as I have Front Page installed and if I put the Catalog in a secured subweb, no one will be able to get to it without a pass word, and if I put the includes in the subweb it will destroy the structure.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/smallengines/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Talos