• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

the app cant overwrite with similar names, they have to be exact names, unless youare using a different version than what is released here, does your version use product id#'s?

I have figured it out now, my supplier has named some items with the same product model name, therefore allowing them to overwrite each other. Thanks again.

Hi!

This is a great contrib, but i hav a problem:

I upload a .csv file (including the product attributes(color, size, etc)), and the attributes will be broken, and not working anymore.

There will be deleted from the product attributes menu.

The options are still there, but no product with options exists in the list.

And i make the atrrib once again. I upload again, and will be the same:(

PLS Help, if can!

Mibble et. al,

This was my support question:

OK, it looks like my first attempt to import Easy Populate data worked. I received the following notice:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /www/tmp/phpR0fcGg

User filename: EP3.txt

Size: 704840

(But I didn't see this part: "You should see a display that lists the items

you are importing.")

When I go to my catalog, I don't see any of the imported files. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

=====================================================

Mibble,

I am using EP 2.76b...I think it was April 30. It doesn't seem to be adding the information into my database.

Thanks in advance,

CSM

look at post 2347. also make sure your document_root setting i your ocnfigure.php file is set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

what is your path to the store? do you use catalog or store, or?

look at post 2347.  also make sure your document_root setting i your ocnfigure.php file is set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

what is your path to the store?  do you use catalog or store, or?

I don't use catalog. It is staight fom root. I had to change my temp file to /temp. Are there other places??? I looked at 2347...but I am getting no errors at all....I am used to UNIX world where no comments are good comments >_<

Edited by dinohaven

v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_p

roducts_url_1,v_products_price,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_prod

ucts_quantity,v_attribute_options_id_1,v_attribute_options_name_1_1,v_attribute_v

alues_id_1_1,v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_1,v_attribu

te_values_id_1_2,v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_2,v_att

ribute_options_id_2,v_attribute_options_name_2_1,v_attribute_options_id_3,v_attri

bute_options_name_3_1,v_attribute_values_id_3_1,v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1,v_a

ttribute_values_price_3_1,v_attribute_values_id_3_2,v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1

,v_attribute_values_price_3_2,v_attribute_values_id_3_3,v_attribute_values_name_3

_3_1,v_attribute_values_price_3_3,v_attribute_values_id_3_4,v_attribute_values_na

me_3_4_1,v_attribute_values_price_3_4,v_attribute_values_id_3_5,v_attribute_value

s_name_3_5_1,v_attribute_values_price_3_5,v_attribute_options_id_4,v_attribute_op

tions_name_4_1,v_attribute_values_id_4_1,v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1,v_attribut

e_values_price_4_1,v_attribute_values_id_4_2,v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1,v_attr

ibute_values_price_4_2,v_attribute_values_id_4_3,v_attribute_values_name_4_3_1,v_

attribute_values_price_4_3,v_attribute_values_id_4_4,v_attribute_values_name_4_4_

1,v_attribute_values_price_4_4,v_attribute_options_id_5,v_attribute_options_name_

5_1,v_attribute_values_id_5_1,v_attribute_values_name_5_1_1,v_attribute_values_pr

ice_5_1,v_attribute_values_id_5_2,v_attribute_values_name_5_2_1,v_attribute_value

s_price_5_2,v_manufacturers_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_catego

ries_name_3,v_tax_class_title,v_status,EOREOR

test,beanie_blue_grey_stripes.jpg,Beanie #6,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Knitted</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:57,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

,PS/2,,9,USB,,4,Memory,1,4 mb,,2,8 mb,,3,16 mb,,4,32 mb,,5,Version,10,Download: Windows - English,,13,Box: Windows - English,,Other,Knit Beanies,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

Test,beanie_black_red.jpg,Beanie #3,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Knitted</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:53,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

,PS/2,,9,USB,,4,Memory,1,4 mb,,2,8 mb,,3,16 mb,,4,32 mb,,5,Version,10,Download: Windows - English,,13,Box: Windows - English,,Other,Knit Beanies,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

TEST,beanie_black_diamond.jpg,Allegro,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Schuessler</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Thermo Acrylic with lined coolmax</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>U.S.A.</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:39,5,1,Color,14,Black,0,15,Grey,0,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,

,8,PS/2,,9,USB,,4,Memory,1,4 mb,,2,8 mb,,3,16 mb,,4,32 mb,,5,Version,10,Download: Windows - English,,13,Box: Windows - English,,Schuessler,Knit Beanies,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

Test,beanie_black_orange.jpg,Spit,"Fine knitted, black and orange beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Skullz</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Acrylic</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:50,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

,PS/2,,9,USB,,4,Memory,1,4 mb,,2,8 mb,,3,16 mb,,4,32 mb,,5,Version,10,Download: Windows - English,,13,Box: Windows - English,,Skullz,Knit Beanies,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

test,beanie_bloack_red_grey.jpg,Beanie #4,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Knitted</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:55,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

,PS/2,,9,USB,,4,Memory,1,4 mb,,2,8 mb,,3,16 mb,,4,32 mb,,5,Version,10,Download: Windows - English,,13,Box: Windows - English,,,Knit Beanies,,,--none--,Active,EOREOR

test,beanie_blue.jpg,Beanie #5,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Knitted</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:56,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

test,beanie_blue.jpg,Beanie #6,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Knitted</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:56,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

test,beanie_blue.jpg,Beanie #99,"Fine knitted, black beanie.<P><HR><P> <b>Manufacturer:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br> <b>Fabric:</b> <i>Knitted</i><br> <b>Made In:</b> <i>Unknown</i><br>",,12.99,0,,6/14/2005 9:56,5,1,Color,14,Black,,15,Grey,,2,Size,3,Model,5,Value,,6,Premium,,7,Deluxe,,8

I was having the same problem with files uploading but products not showing, I had tried everything listed. Then I went and read down thru the easypopulate.php file.

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

I assumed that since I had never change anything that I would be set to default and didn't really pay any mind. But if you look I was set to semi-colon.

I change this to tab:

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

global $separator;

//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

$separator = "\t"; // semi-colon

And now it works amazing what happens when you read line for line.

Alrighty then.. I have searched and applied answers that were given by Mibble on how to get this darn thing to work.. EP says the temp file was uploaded, yet there are no changes to the database.

My config - Notice I changed to $DOCUMENT_ROOT as instructed

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
?define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://127.0.0.1'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://127.0.0.1');
?define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://127.0.0.1');
?define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server
?define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
?define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
?define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
?define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
?define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
?define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
?define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

My easypopulate.php - notice tab is set as default

global $separator;
$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

Lastly, here is what I am trying to add - just one temp line.  I saw somewhere someone said to add \before commas and apostrphes.  I did not see any aprostrophes and I have tried uploading with and without the \prior to the commas.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1 v_products_head_keywords_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_products_quantity v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_date_added v_date_avail v_tax_class_id v_status EOREOR

ABC123 antique_fans.jpg Antique Fans These are gorgeous, lightweight and handmade paper fans.  Come in a pack of 10. Colors and designs vary. Antique Paper Fans These are gorgeous, lightweight and handmade paper fans.  Come in a pack of 10. Colors and designs vary. Antique paper handmade handheld fans 25 1  Handmade Misc        EOREOR

Yes, the description is twice because of the header_tags contribution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lori

Still trying to find out why this isn't loading my products. When I open my file in a text editor, each coloumn is encompassed in single quotes like 'Antique Paper Fans' . Is that my problem? If so, what needs changed?

Thanks

Lori

you are doing this locally?  could be because of the http://127.0.0.1 so you may want to try changing the path in your easypopulate.php file, what do you have there?

Yes this is on local right now. I am assuming you want the temp dir?

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

I didn't change the froogle part, does that matter? I was going to wait until I had my shop the way I wanted, then change the froogle part just prior to going live.

not worried about the froogle part, when doing locally (is this a *nix box or windows box) without a domain name you usually have to play with the actual file location of temp to get it to work. if you could get it up to the actual domain or another one you would see what i mean and that it would work.

Hi Mibble

i have a quation ,

i use multi cat mod ,i want to know is this possible we assign one or two digit or flasg to cats records so that when we put a Number in cat field in excel , it means product must record to all cats which has number 2 flag ?

thx

G

not worried about the froogle part, when doing locally (is this a *nix box or windows box) without a domain name you usually have to play with the actual file location of temp to get it to work.  if you could get it up to the actual domain or another one you would see what i mean and that it would work.

Ok, I got it configured for my real domain. It uploaded, but did not change the inventory. I only added one product.

The config is set for $DOCUMENT_ROOT. I have a /catalog/temp/ dir. I have EP set for tab deliminated. I have only one product I am trying to upload as a test, so it obviously has a unique model_number and I have EOREOR at the end. I am not receiving an error, however, I am also not receiving the list that says the product has been added.

I have no aprostrophes in the file. I am using Open Office spreadsheet. When I open the file in notepad, it shows single quotations around the the entries (example 'Name of Product').

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Lori

I have everything uploading now, Product Name was getting cut off changed the field lenght in db and works fine now. Looks like last problem I have is my product desrciptions getting cut off. Some of the descriptions are pretty long, is there some place that sets a max length. The field is set to text, and nulled.

Thanx

Bill

I have everything uploading now, Product Name was getting cut off changed the field lenght in db and works fine now. Looks like last problem I have is my product desrciptions getting cut off. Some of the descriptions are pretty long, is there some place that sets a max length. The field is set to text, and nulled.

Thanx

Bill

Figured out what was happening. At some time I uploaded a file with fields v_products_description_1 and v_products_description_2 in it. Looking in my db on phpmyadmin both were set to full text, there was an error message there for it also. I'm only using one description so I just deleted the second one and the product description is now complete.

Edited by pruco

I posted this in an alternate location and was advised this is where i should b posting....

EXTRA INFO...

- my OSC is setup in the default directory /catalog/

- my temp folder is called temp and is located at /catalog/temp/

- the temp folder is global writable (777)

- my config file (/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) has the document root set as $DOCUMENT_ROOT (with no apostrophies)

I read a post somewhere that said to try uploading a file using the OSC file manager... I tried this and it didn't write the file to the directory. I was able to create a txt document within OSC and save it to the temp directory but was not able to upload a txt document from my local machine.

My understanding is that it's a server issue but I don't know what to request from the hosting company.

Appreciate your help!

I'm at the point of pulling my hair out!!!

I've tried changing the temp location in easypopulate.php to the absolute file path, changing the $DOCUMENT_ROOT to an absolute path; both with no luck???

It appears the script isn't able to write to the temp folder. The script isn't generating any errors on screen or in the error logs.

The site is hosted with planetdomain - not sure if other users have had problems with this host?

Thanks in advance!