• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

This has possibly been answered before. I have searched extensively but can't find a thread, although there are some that are close to this.

I've done the temp dirs and chmod'd 777, i've tried changing the directory settings in easypopulate.php ....... no difference.

first make sure that it is a correct path:

/homepages/26/d67453580/htdocs/shop/

if it is then make sure u have it right in your admin/includes/configure.php file.

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '
/homepages/26/d67453580/htdocs/shop/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/homepages/26/d67453580/htdocs/shop/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/homepages/26/d67453580/htdocs/shop/'); // absolute path required

then in easypopulate.php

$tempdir = "temp/";
$tempdir2 = "temp/";

i hope that helps...

Edited by TAPAKAH

for document_root use $DOCUMENT_ROOT this will eliminate any other problems you have, then use /shop/temp/ for your temp file setting

this is described as to why a few pages back

there are various pricing options with ep and also with the download, just choose the appropriate one

Heyo,

I am curoius if anyone added a special prices field to their easypopulate that could be used in place of retail price.  If not, does anyone know how to add an extra field (v_specials_new_products_price) to easypopulate so that it is recognized and stored in database when uploaded from a spreadsheet?!

Thank you.  :thumbsup:

I desperately need help.

I have installed the Easy Populate contribution on my shop, I am getting no errors, my temp folder is configured properly as far as I can tell,

here is a snapshot of my easypopulate.php file:

// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
$tempdir = "temp/";
$tempdir2 = "temp/";

and here is a snapshot of my configure.php file:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/123456/public_html/testshop/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/testshop/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/123456/public_html/testshop/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/testshop/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/123456/public_html/testshop/'); // absolute path required

I also gather that my field seperator is setup as tab delimited:

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;
//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ","; // comma
$separator = ";"; // semi-colon
//$separator = "~"; // tilde
//$separator = "-"; // dash
//$separator = "*"; // splat

No matter what I do I cannot load up any products into my store, I have even tried loading up the sample_output_file that comes with the contribution, all seems to load fine but no products appear.

Can anyone give me some help please.

Thanks, Lee.

Edited by lee246

I also forgot to mention that I have the multi individual shipping contribution installed, and also the spaw wysiwyg editor installed. I don't know if this would affect the easy populate contribution but I thought i'd mention it.

temp is /testshop/temp/

document_root in configure.php is $DOCUMENT_ROOT

this has been discussed numerous times in this post

also check to make sure in the easypopulate.php it is set to tab delimited and not semicolon

I desperately need help.

I have installed the Easy Populate contribution on my shop, I am getting no errors, my temp folder is configured properly as far as I can tell,

here is a snapshot of my easypopulate.php file:

// **** Temp directory ****
// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.
//
$tempdir = "temp/";
$tempdir2 = "temp/";

and here is a snapshot of my configure.php file:

?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/123456/public_html/testshop/'); // where the pages are located on the server
?define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/testshop/admin/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/123456/public_html/testshop/admin/'); // absolute pate required
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/testshop/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/123456/public_html/testshop/'); // absolute path required

I also gather that my field seperator is setup as tab delimited:

// **** Field Separator ****
// change this if you can't use the default of tabs
// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs
// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!
global $separator;
//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$separator = ","; // comma
$separator = ";"; // semi-colon
//$separator = "~"; // tilde
//$separator = "-"; // dash
//$separator = "*"; // splat

No matter what I do I cannot load up any products into my store, I have even tried loading up the sample_output_file that comes with the contribution, all seems to load fine but no products appear.

Can anyone give me some help please.

Thanks, Lee.

temp is /testshop/temp/

document_root in configure.php is $DOCUMENT_ROOT

this has been discussed numerous times in this post

also check to make sure in the easypopulate.php it is set to tab delimited and not semicolon

I have tried both the temp suggestion, and also the document root suggestion and still no luck, how would i check that in the easypopulate.php it is set to tab delimited and not semicolon?

in the easypopulate.php file, you need to read thru it, search for the word tab

I have tried both the temp suggestion, and also the document root suggestion and still no luck, how would i check that in the easypopulate.php it is set to tab delimited and not semicolon?

One last quick question.

I have the multi individual shipping contribution installed and would like to add the 4 fields to my spreadsheet so that I can update the shipping costs along with the rest of the product description.

How would I do this?

Thanks, Lee.

Hi,

I have problems with Swedish characters in EP .txt import (?, ? and ?)

The .txt file is in Western Mac OS Roman format and so is the MySQL server.

How could I make EP encode in the "right" way?

Let me start off by saying I did RTFM about seven times - I have even re-installed to work from virgin install twice just in case I had messed up somewhere else. I am not a computer genius, but I can usually figure anything out with the manual.

I have followed the manual to the letter no less than ten different times and I keep getting this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/katieros/public_html/store/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 16

This is my code from catalog.php

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php,v 1.21 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?><!-- catalog //--><TR><TD><?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' =>BOX_HEADING_CATALOG, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')); if ($selected_box == 'catalog') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</A><BR>' .'<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '">Easy Populate</A><BR>'. '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</A>'); } $box = new box; echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); ?> </TD></TR><!-- catalog_eof //-->

Edited by lestatbp

ENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')); if ($selected_box == 'catalog') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<A class=menuBoxContentLink

I see 2 = in the line above..I am not sure if this is the problem

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

ENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')); if ($selected_box == 'catalog') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<A class=menuBoxContentLink

I see 2 = in the line above..I am not sure if this is the problem

Steve

That did not change it - I still have the same error, so I changed it back. I cannot imagine what I am doing wrong.

I just did another completely clean install - I changed nothing, left the name osCommerce added nothing to the store - and got the same thing. I am severely frustrated - I have been on this since 9 a.m.

I have put easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions into admin

I made a catalog/temp directory and it is 777

My catalog.php is at home / public_html / osCommerce / catalog / admin / includes / boxes / catalog.php

This is the code I cut and pasted: '<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

<?php

/*

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

*/

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' =>BOX_HEADING_CATALOG, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')); if ($selected_box == 'catalog') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '">Easy Populate</A><BR>'. '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</A>'); } $box = new box; echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); ?> </TD></TR><!-- catalog_eof //-->

I did it!!! I fixed it good!

I found out that the problem was that I was changing the code "live". I took catalog.php out to Front Page and changed it there, uploaded it back to the server and it worked like a charm!!

But you guys probably new that - I am a big 'ol newbie so I thought I would post my revelation here for other newbies who come after me. :D

That did not change it - I still have the same error, so I changed it back.  I cannot imagine what I am doing wrong. 

I just did another completely clean install - I changed nothing, left the name osCommerce added nothing to the store - and got the same thing.  I am severely frustrated - I have been on this since 9 a.m. 

I have put easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions into admin

I made a catalog/temp directory and it is 777

My catalog.php is at    home / public_html / osCommerce / catalog / admin / includes / boxes / catalog.php 

This is the code I cut and pasted:  '<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

<?php

/*

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

*/

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  =>BOX_HEADING_CATALOG, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')); if ($selected_box == 'catalog') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '">Easy Populate</A><BR>'. '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</A><BR>' . '<A class=menuBoxContentLink href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</A>'); } $box = new box; echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); ?> </TD></TR><!-- catalog_eof //-->

OMG - Can you believe I am still messing with this? Almost 24 hours practically straight - one error after another. I am really not this stupid. Now I am actually entering things - I got as far as that but I can't see anything. It tells me on the admin page that I have 2000 products (not true, it just keeps adding every time I try again and do not see anything). It eventually did add my category and says there are 300 something products in the category - but when I look there is only one, the one I entered manually. Can someone please help me? I know - RTFM, read the posts - I have been reading all day, it is 5 a.m. and I have been sitting here nonstop since 10 p.m. otherwise I would just keep trucking, but I need to try to get this accomplished today if I can and my eyes are falling out from reading manuals and posts over and over again, scouring for what I am missing or doing wrong - I beg for your help!!!!!!

Kelli

I have some code which adds / updates the specials price. I have 2 glitches left to work out:

1) how to tweak the query to match the specials product_id to the products product_id in a way that allows import both with and without specials (working on this one)

2) this is the one I'm stumped on:

"No products_model field in record. This line was not imported "

Yes, I've deleted extra lines at the end of the import file. I think it's my specials code that's doing it.

I'm attaching both my revised easypopulate.php and my sample import data file in case anyone can spot the glitch that my sleepy brain isn't seeing.

TIA

-jared

sample_ep_w_specials.zip

Can anyone help me?

I have the multi individual shipping contribution installed and would like to add the 4 fields to my spreadsheet so that I can update the shipping costs along with the rest of the product description.

How would I do this?

Thanks, Lee.

there are lots of docs on this, along with multiple versions of easypopulate with the contribution, where you can look at the differences of what they did, so you can do the same with the four fields you want to add. look in the download of easypopulate for the additional files.

i am on the road for another few days, will not be able to really look at things until i get home. have been in new jersey for over a week. i was out in your neck of the woods in april, however was not able to stop and say hello. think it might be close to slc near labor day.

John - - any ideas on how to solve my problem? Whether I put the specials db update (or insert) in the same query as the product update, I seem to get the "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported " error. If I comment out the specials code, it all works fine.

-jared

Edited by Mibble