• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Ahh Thank you for your help. I was saving it as a tab delimeted file not a semi colon delimited file. I now get this error.

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpOPjpqL
User filename: trampolines5605.txt
Size: 25509
| S2071 | Cosmic-Bou | Cosmic Bou | Cosmic Bou | | 445 | | | | 1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Supertramp | Outdoor Fu | Trampoline | | --none-- | Active Updated
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '8" x 30.5 " ) Frame: A tough 8 piece slot together top fra

UPDATE products_description SET products_name='Cosmic Bouncer 3 metre Trampoline', products_description='Cosmic Bouncer 3 metre Trampoline An excellent round trampoline for children up to the age of 12. At 3m diameter the Cosmic is compact tough and very good value. Its frame height is 775mm ( 30.5 " ) which offers easy access for youngsters. Overall Size: (Diameter x Height) 3m x 775mm ( 9'8" x 30.5 " ) Frame: A tough 8 piece slot together top frame supported by 4 leg assemblies giving eight legs for excellent stability. Fully zinc Galvanised and guaranteed for 5 years against structural failure caused by Rust or Corrosion. Bed: The bed is 2.44m ( 8' ) in diameter. Made from black polypropylene woven mesh fitted with galvanised 'V' rings and is marked with a white central cross. Springs: The Cosmic uses 72 x 178mm ( 7" ) fully galvanised steel springs. Frame Pads: 25mm ( 1" ) thick closed cell cross linked polyethylene foam. Encased in 600 gsm (18oz ) double sided PVC coated nylon. Frame pads are attached to the frame by elasticated toggle loops passed through twin brass eyelets in the base of the covering fabric. Maximum User Weight: 83kg (12 stone). Assembly: Slot together frame ( No Tools Required ) fit the springs and bed then fasten on the frame pads. ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE UK MAINLAND.', products_url='' WHERE products_id = '2228' AND language_id = '1'

Thanks again for your help,

Frank

save it as tab delimited, go in and change the easypopulate.php file to tab delimited, as you may have other characters which can effect it.

I have changed it to the tab delimited and reuploaded the file (saved as tab delimited). I can see how semi colons could break it if I use them in my text. I still get the error above. It's something to do with the ' in 9'8".

Thanks for your help,

Frank

Edited by Frostbite

try putting a \ in front of the apostrophe. load the one line until you see it load correctly, then gradually start adding more.

i keep separate sheets for categories based upon manufacturers. this way, all i have to do is update the specific spreadsheet when things change.

Hi,

This is a new question that I was not able to find throughout this topic. Anyway, here are the steps I perform to add new products to my database. First, I download the tab-delimited complete backup file found on the EP page in my admin. Next, I open that file with excel. When I open it with Excel, I can either use tab delimited, or semi colon delimited. Semi colon turns out a lot nicer to work with because each field is seperated by a cell. However, when I try saving that file as a tab delimited and try uploading it using EP, I get no results. Or in other words, it doesnt work! No new products will be added. Now, when I open that original EP tab delimited file in excel and choose tab delimited, it looks like crap in Excel and I cannot work with it very easily. If I work with it a little, I can figure it out, but the bottom line is that it sucks trying to work with that tab delimited file. When I upload this file to my database using EP, it does work. My main question is, is there a way to work with this file using the semi-colon delimited style? As well, I do know of the GNA EP assistant contribution, but I personally am not a fan of that. Can someone please tell me if I am doing anything wrong, or if I can do something else? Thanks

if u use tab delimited, the best thing is to do an autoformat from the top menu, which lays things out so you can see it al.

i use quattro pro, as it will go over 18000 columns wide (try that with excel)

if u use tab delimited, the best thing is to do an autoformat from the top menu, which lays things out so you can see it al.

i use quattro pro, as it will go over 18000 columns wide (try that with excel)

Thanks for the quick response John

In Excel, I opened the tab delimited file, cancelled the "text import wizard," and then went to Format, then Autoformat...then I chose a format. No matter which format I choose, the data takes its "look" format, but does not sort it out in a usable fashion. All the data is still spread across a single cell in each row. Any thoughts??

Just tried using the wizard first and then autoformat with no luck. If this matters, I am using Excel 2002. Sorry, but do you have any other suggestions?

In Excel, is there a way to use the semi colon delimited style, and then before saving, switch it back to tab delimited so it looks all jumbled up again?

go back into your easypopulate.php file and change the code to reflect tab delimited, then download your data.

the file you sent me when switched into tab delimited after import everything is snafu, with nothing in the right spots.

Thanks a lot John...I've been trying to figure this out for hours and you came to a solution in just minutes. I appreciate it a lot. My easypopulate.php file had this code:

//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

I changed it to look like this:

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

Just thought I'd say what I did so everyone else can use this info if they run into the same problem.

Thanks again John, everything works fine now.

no problem, this fix was posted a while back, what version did you download, i will download it and fix it for everyone, including the ssl and php5 fix.

We are attempting to import a catalog of nearly 4,000 products. It's an automotive store, and each make has its own category. The two subcategories are the car model and the type of accessory the part falls into. I let EasyPopulate split the file by 300's. Uploading goes smoothly, but the products are all over the place. Some parts will be in their correct category and in a totally wrong category at the same time. Some are just completely out of place. I thought having EP split it might be causing the problem, so I split the files by hand making sure the categories were correct. This doesn't remedy the problem. There doesn't appear to be any sort of pattern to it either. Has anyone run into this before? We're running 2.76.

Here's a few lines from the imported file, does that help?

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_price v_products_description_1 v_products_image v_products_weight v_tax_class_id v_status v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_manufacturers_name EOREOR

TSS019 Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S TOYOTA MR-2 90-95 1620 <p>Applies to 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995</p> 65 1 Toyota MR-2 Springs Tanabe EOREOR

TSS016P Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S MAZDA MIATA 90-97 1620 PILLOW MOUNT COMES STANDARD WITH KIT<p>Applies to 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997</p> 65 1 Mazda Miata Springs Tanabe EOREOR

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports

your data doesnt look right, when i put it into tab delimited format, not lining up. send me three lines of your products for me to look at, i will look, then let you know here what you need to change

no problem, this fix was posted a while back, what version did you download, i will download it and fix it for everyone, including the ssl and php5 fix.

The version I downloaded was v2.76 MS2.

Hi all,

got some problems using EasyPopulate 2.76 on my OS-Commerce MS2.

I could download the complete .txt file containing one dummy-product.

Looks like this:

v_products_model;v_products_image;v_products_name_2;v_products_description_2;v_p

roducts_url_2;v_products_price;v_products_weight;v_date_avail;v_date_added;v_pro

ducts_quantity;v_manufacturers_name;v_categories_name_1;v_categories_name_2;v_ca

tegories_name_3;v_tax_class_title;v_status;EOREOR

00003;spacer.gif;Testprodukt;Testbeschribung;;1100;13.00;;2005-06-07 11:32:30;12;;Testkategorie;;;USt.;Active;EOREOR

Trying to reimport it (containing a new price to see some difference), my EasyPopulate only writes the following:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php9EDzZu

User filename: full..xls

Size: 407

But nothing is done...

Even if I delete the original product, and then try to import it, no product is added.

My config-variables:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 300;

global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

$default_image_manufacturer = '';

$default_image_product = '';

$default_image_category = '';

global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;

$active = 'Active';

$inactive = 'Inactive';

$zero_qty_inactive = true;

global $modelsize;

$modelsize = 12;

global $price_with_tax;

$price_with_tax =false;

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = false;

global $separator;

$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

global $max_categories;

$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

global $products_attributes_stock;

$products_attributes_stock = false;

Folder /catalog/temp/ is writeable (777)

Thanks for your help!

Just installed into my working OSC site. I can export fine and open files in excel but when I try and import I get a

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@<mydomain>.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have tried just adding a few things on one line... same problem.

Tried different delimiters and checked my temp dir permissions. They are fine.

Server error log only shows that I made a request. I don't have access to the mysql logs but OSC works fine as does the rest of my site.

This isn't difficult, I'm just stumped as to what may be causing the error.

I'm having the same problem. The starngest thing is that I have been using it for months now and uploaded products successfully just a few days ago. Now suddenly it's giving me this error.

Any solutions anybody?

your host could have changed things, or the version of php, are you using ssl for your admin?

does your admin/tools/backup work?

your host could have changed things, or the version of php, are you using ssl for your admin?

does your admin/tools/backup work?

Everything else works perfectly (as far as I have tested). I can backup, add products manually and with Quick Product Adder, download the text files with easypopulate and even split files into the temp directory. As soon as I hit Add to Database it gives me the Internal Server Error.

download V 2.74 and compare the code with what you have, see what is different. use beyond compare, something like that.

or it still could be something the host did.

Edited by Mibble

Hi all,

got some problems using EasyPopulate 2.76 on my OS-Commerce MS2.

I could download the complete .txt file containing one dummy-product.

Looks like this:

v_products_model;v_products_image;v_products_name_2;v_products_description_2;v_p

roducts_url_2;v_products_price;v_products_weight;v_date_avail;v_date_added;v_pro

ducts_quantity;v_manufacturers_name;v_categories_name_1;v_categories_name_2;v_ca

tegories_name_3;v_tax_class_title;v_status;EOREOR

00003;spacer.gif;Testprodukt;Testbeschribung;;1100;13.00;;2005-06-07 11:32:30;12;;Testkategorie;;;USt.;Active;EOREOR

Trying to reimport it (containing a new price to see some difference), my EasyPopulate only writes the following:

File uploaded.

User filename: full..xls

Size: 407

But nothing is done...

Even if I delete the original product, and then try to import it, no product is added.

I too am having this problem. I downloaded the latest version, installed it, downloaded the "Tab-delimited" file, all systems O.K! Next... I notice the file is indeed NOT Tab-delimited, but seperated by semi-colons... but I carry on anyway...

I use excel 2003 to open the file, the wizard automatically pops up and goes through the process of seperating the fields via the semi-colons. Looks great! Next... I make a change or two and have tried the below scenarios, all of which have failed:

1) Saved the file as Tab-Delimited (.txt)

2) Saved the file as Unicode (.txt)

3) Saved the file as CSV

4) Uploaded the file via FTP back into the /category/temp/ directory and used the "Import from Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/)" feature.

5) Uploaded the file via the "Upload EP File" (from local HD) feature

and all possible combinations of the above failed. Simply returns with:

File uploaded. 
User filename: test.txt (or test.csv)
Size: 587

So then, after reading this forum, and seeing chbunk's issue, I decided to try:

1) Export the products list

2) Deleting a product via OSC's web-interface

3) Re-importing the exported category list without making any changes to the file at all

And I recieved:

Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpInbSfr
User filename: EP2005Jun07-1010.txt
Size: 11444
| SLK1650B | SLK1650B.j | Antec SLK1 | Thermally | www.antec. | 214 | 0.00 | 2005-04-27 | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | Antec | GST | Inactive Updated
| S-LANBOY | splanboy.j | Antec Supe | Durable an | www.antec. | 244 | 0.00 | | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | Antec | GST | Inactive Updated
| Sonata | Sonata.jpg | Antec Sona | Front moun | www.antec. | 332 | 0.00 | 2005-04-27 | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | Antec | GST | Inactive Updated
| P160WF | P160WF.jpg | Antec P-16 | Durable an | www.antec- | 374 | 0.00 | 2005-04-27 | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | Antec | GST | Inactive Updated
| STC-T01 | STC-T01.jp | Stacker Su | Superior m | www.cooler | 337 | 0.00 | 2005-04-12 | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | CoolerMast | GST | Inactive Updated
| TAC-T01 | TAC-T01.jp | Wave Maste | Durable li | www.cooler | 319 | 0.00 | | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | CoolerMast | GST | Inactive Updated
| CAV-T01 | CAV-T01.jp | Cavalier 1 | Metal case | www.cooler | 265 | 0.00 | | 2005-04-11 | 0 | 1 | Color | 1 | Blue | | 2 | Black | | 3 | Red | | 4 | Yellow | | 5 | Purple | | 6 | Green | | | Hardware | Cases | CoolerMast | GST | Inactive Updated
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's audio sound pressure device
Tool-free assembly/disassemb

UPDATE products_description SET products_name='Cavalier 1 Metal/Aluminum Case (Silver)', products_description='Metal case with aluminum front bezel in stylish cavalier design
Embedded with famous Musketeer's audio sound pressure device
Tool-free assembly/disassembly for quick and convenient maintenance
Equipped with a real 350W ultra silent power supply
One 80 mm Front Fan ( intake ), One 120 mm Rear Fan ( exhaust )
Front USB2.0/Audio/Firewire', products_url='www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&ftype=&p_serial=CAV-T01&other_title=0' WHERE products_id = '56' AND language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

So yes... it did indeed begin importing the records and then halted, but here's some factors to keep in mind:

1) This was importing the original (.txt) that EP generated

2) This file, used Semi-colons as seperators (not tab-delimited), as written on the Admin EP page as "Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir"

3) My webhost is Surpass Hosting

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have over 2500 products to upload, and EP was a dream come true when I first heard of it! Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by Jsquared