• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Is it possible to add additional sub-catagories? I.E. v_categories_name, right now I have 2 on the csv file but I need 3 in order for it to properly place items in the correct category and sub-catagory. So I need it to be v_categories_name_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_name_3, Will that be possible as long as the sub-catagory for it exists?

I guess what I am needing to ask is how do you set it up to insert products into already made categorys and sub-categories. I tried the method above but all it does is create its own catagories. I need it to insert it into already create catagories. How is this possible?

Thanks

Anyone have any ideas about my problem with line 231..? It still isn't working :/

I get no further than that parse error. Is it that line of code? is it something I have yet to do?

Any ideas at all?

Anyone have any ideas about my problem with line 231..? It still isn't working :/

I get no further than that parse error. Is it that line of code? is it something I have yet to do?

Any ideas at all?

Just upload a fresh easypopulate.php file. It's looking for a ) that is not there.

are you on your own dedicated server for the /temp? $DOCUMENT_ROOT goes into the admin/includes/configure.php where it asks for the document_root setting.

Make that EZPouplate 2.76 :)

Where do I set document root? I changed the temp directory in easypopulate.php to /temp (for temp 1 and 2), and I also went through to look at other changes necessary but couldn't find any I really wanted to touch without knowing what I was doing...mostly beacause I have  no idea what they are really configuring yet.

As to tabs, I didn't touch that. It's set to \t right now and since I can't even sett easypopulate.php working, I figured I'd mess around with how to upload something when it's actually working? :)

read thru your easypopulate.php file there is a setting for the # of categories

the documentation states to read thru the ep file for your settings, etc

Is it possible to add additional sub-catagories? I.E. v_categories_name, right now I have 2 on the csv file but I need 3 in order for it to properly place items in the correct category and sub-catagory. So I need it to be v_categories_name_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_name_3, Will that be possible as long as the sub-catagory for it exists?

Yes I have already done that. I think you missed my follow up question right after that one.

// **** Max Category Levels ****
// change this if you need more or fewer categories
global $max_categories;
$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

I need it to insert it into categories that are already created instead of it creating new ones. I tried the method above but it just creates new ones and I don't need new ones. Any ideas of how to go about this?

Thanks

Yes! :) I checked the contributions page and indeed there is a brand new fix for the missing ). It works now. Well, at least the page actually comes up with options and the like.

Can't wait to try this out. Thank you all so much again, and again, and again. :)

I guess what I am needing to ask is how do you set it up to insert products into already made categorys and sub-categories. I tried the method above but all it does is create its own catagories. I need it to insert it into already create catagories. How is this possible?

Thanks

thier are no apostrophe's in the category names. Here is the example of this first line.

13508, 6550000, 3-Way Swivels Brass Size 1 3pc, Eagle Claw Tackle, Fishing, Terminal Tackle, Snaps & Swivels, 33, $0.47, 0.05, EOREOR

What does the dollar sign have to do with the categories? That's how EP populated it. It is making new categories instead of putting them into the already created categories.

How do I place them into the already made categories. If thier is no way then this soultion is worthless to me as I will have to move 30,000 products to the right location one by one.

if you are posting data, post the data from the text sheet. easypopulate does not put a dollar sign with the text it is going to send to oscommerce. the price fields are numeric, thus no dollar sign can be put in them.

the way to place products into already made categories everyone else here has no problem, it has to deal with the way your data is laid out. thus, the way to do it, is manually create some products, download the data, open it in excel in tab delimited text format (not in excel format) then compare with your data you are trying to send up.

else then call it worthless to you.

The $ sign isn't in the data being sent, I just added it as habbit. Even with the test data that comes with the contribution it doesn't work and that is even on my test site that is green with just that contribution and the categories already created.

It is populating just fine with the exception that it is not going into the created categories, but making its own new ones. Here is an example from the txt file in the temp dir.

13524,6550020,,3-Way Swivels Black Size 1 3pcs,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,36,0.37,0.01,,,,,,EOREOR

13525,6550021,,3-Way Swivels Black Size 2 3pcs,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,36,0.37,0.01,,,,,,EOREOR

13526,6550022,,3-Way Swivels Black Size 4 4pcs,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,46,0.37,0.01,,,,,,EOREOR

13527,6550023,,3-Way Swivels Black Size 6 6pcs,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,36,0.37,0.05,,,,,,EOREOR

13528,6550024,,3-Way Swivels Black Size 8 8pcs,Eagle Claw Tackle,Fishing,Terminal Tackle,Snaps & Swivels,12,0.37,0.01,,,,,,EOREOR

Any help would be great.

Thanks

i would download all the products you currently have which are in the right spot, then add your data, making sure you have the category names matching exactly, and reload

it is not easypopulate causing the data to go to the wrong places, has to be how the data is being exported or the fields in the ep file are different than what they should be.

i have over 60 sites i manage with ep, some with over 600 columns in the ep text file.

Would you know why it would create the exact same categories that are already created. It's weird but all the data is exactly correct. I just don't know why it would populate the products with no problems but not go to the selected categories.

It would be nice to have a feature in the Admin for when you upload a file that you could select where you wanted the products to go in a manner like with the drop down box that is under the categories and products. Then it would just echo the category and fill the data feild in for you.

Ok I found one of my problems. I had two v_categories_name_1

instead of v_categories_name_1

v_categories_name_2

v_categories_name_3

The problem now is it is inserting the manufacturer as a category.

// **** Max Category Levels ****
// change this if you need more or fewer categories
global $max_categories;
$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

Only have 3, but from some weird reason it is inserting the manufacturer as a category also. Thier is nothing in it though. So I can just delete it, but I would like to get it resolved incase it becomes a issue down the road.