• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Do you see any errors in my data? This is copied straight from the file in /catalog/temp/ - the file being uploaded from EP. EP is obviously uploading the files, but no products are being added to my catalog:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

12158 www.wholesalemarketer.com/images/products/1/big_jpegs/A404medium_part1/00-69032-000.jpg Canvas Carry Case "<li>Holds GPS receiver and spare batteries<li>Zipper opening, large belt loop<li>Padded and durable canvas" 19.95 0.16 30-May-05 25 Magellan ELECTRONICS taxable goods active EOREOR

91599 www.wholesalemarketer.com/images/products/1/0 Telephone Wall Jack <li>Decora Style telephone wall jack<li>4 conductor wall jack<li>Attractive Decora styling compliments any interior 4.95 0.1 30-May-05 25 Leviton ELECTRONICS taxable goods active EOREOR

42075 www.wholesalemarketer.com/images/products/1/big_jpegs/A404medium_part1/000-40803-0BI.jpg 3-Port QuickPort Flush Mount Wall Plate <li>QuickPort modules snap right in<li>Includes color-matched mounting screws 55.95 0.04 30-May-05 25 Leviton ELECTRONICS taxable goods active EOREOR

91600 www.wholesalemarketer.com/images/products/1/0 Dual Rocket Switches <li>Decora Combination dual single-pole rocker switches<li>Rated: Individual switch 15A-120V AC / Device total 20A-120V AC<li>Attractive Decora styling compliments any interior<li>Space-saving device for kitchens and bathrooms 12.95 0.18 30-May-05 25 Leviton ELECTRONICS taxable goods active EOREOR

there is no sort built into oscommerce by default, thus it is working the way it is supposed to.

I know there is no sort order built in, but why would EP reverse all of the default orders? All I did was download the EP file, change a price for one product (as a test), and upload the file. After that all the attributes were displayed opposite of what they were before.

Andrew,

I appreciate your concern, but I get no software support from my web host. osCommerce doesn't have a "manual" to speak of. And, this EP contribution seems to be just another extension of the nonsense way in which a person has to spend countless hours trying to get things running, when they ought to be spending their time marketing their product/service offerings. I assume everyone here has a product or service to market. Otherwise, why would you need osCommerce to begin with, much less EP. So, in a forum full of so called "business people, entrepreneurs, sales people, etc", why is it that we all want to spend so much time trying to develop and test technology? I am looking for a solution that allows me to plug it in, and get to selling. That's what I am here for. I don't know about the rest of you.

And, this EP doesn't work, just like osCommerce doesn't work. So many bugs and so much corruption, all I can do is keep reinstalling. And starting over. And reinstalling. And starting over. And it never works.

So, again Andrew, while I appreciate your concern, your energy would be better spent on a solution rather than commenting on my harsh criticisms of the developer of this contribution. After all, what is a contribution for? And what is this forum for? To help those of us poor numbskulls that just want to use the software that just doesn't seem to work.

The forum only really has 2 purposes: contribute or complain. Since I can't contribute anything, I'll just stick to complaining. Okay with you?

Man, if you're that fed up with it I suggest you either pay someone to design a site for you or look into buying a 3rd party cart system. While some documentation may be a little lacking, and the learning curve a little steep on some contributions, can you really complain that much for something that someone wrote out of their own goodwill? And honestly, where else could you talk directly with the person that coded the program you're trying to use?

Problem I see with error in data is that the EP doesn't know how to read product descriptions. I notice that my inventory file descriptions are read by Excel as multiple fields. It doesn't appear to matter whether it is saved as tab delimited, csv, or other format. The descriptions simply don't remain in one field, which throws the whole file off. Any fix? Anything I can do in Excel to fix this without manually eliminating tabs, returns, semicolons, etc in every product record? I have several thousand products I need to upload to my cart.

Look in your easypopulate.php file around line 84 (it's the field seperator section). It sounds to me like you're setup to use commas as your field seperator, which would cut up your descriptions (if your descriptions have commas in them). Make sure you pick a seperator that isn't used in your description or other fields (tab is usually the way to go).

Also, make sure to choose the correct field seperator in excel when importing your data.

Man, if you're that fed up with it I suggest you either pay someone to design a site for you or look into buying a 3rd party cart system.? While some documentation may be a little lacking, and the learning curve a little steep on some contributions, can you really complain that much for something that someone wrote out of their own goodwill?? And honestly, where else could you talk directly with the person that coded the program you're trying to use?

any good suggestions on where i can buy a 3rd party cart system?

oh, you're using EP also. and looks like you don't know how to use it either. maybe you could limit your comments to either questions about the problems you are having with the system or solutions on how to fix someone else's problems. after all, that's what this forum is for. not for you to attack me for my frustrations.

thanks B)

Edited by allaudio

Look in your easypopulate.php file around line 84 (it's the field seperator section).  It sounds to me like you're setup to use commas as your field seperator, which would cut up your descriptions (if your descriptions have commas in them).  Make sure you pick a seperator that isn't used in your description or other fields (tab is usually the way to go).

Also, make sure to choose the correct field seperator in excel when importing your data.

it looks as though it was set to semicolons?

AverageJoe, you're awesome! I actually got a few products uploaded with your suggestion. Now here is my next error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQ4c8dK

User filename: testwmalpha1.txt

Size: 108209

| 12158 | www.wholes | Canvas Car | Holds GPS | | 19.95 | 0.16 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Magellan | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91599 | www.wholes | Telephone | Decora Sty | | 4.95 | 0.1 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42075 | www.wholes | 3-Port Qui | QuickPort | | 55.95 | 0.04 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91600 | www.wholes | Dual Rocke | Decora Com | | 12.95 | 0.18 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 12149 | www.wholes | Universal | Swivel act | | 9.95 | 0.08 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Superior C | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 12151 | www.wholes | Dual-Mode | UniversalW | | 19.95 | 0.25 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Superior C | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91601 | www.wholes | Dual Rocke | Decora Com | | 12.95 | 0.19 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91602 | www.wholes | Three Rock | Decora Com | | 16.95 | 0.19 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91603 | www.wholes | Telephone | Decora Sty | | 4.95 | 0.1 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42076 | www.wholes | 3 Port Qui | QuickPort | | 55.95 | 0.7 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42077 | www.wholes | Blank Wall | Modules sn | | 6.95 | 0.04 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91605 | www.wholes | Three Rock | Decora Com | | 16.95 | 0.19 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91606 | www.wholes | Three Rock | Decora Com | | 16.95 | 0.19 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42078 | www.wholes | Single Gan | Smooth-fac | | 2.95 | 0.06 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42079 | www.wholes | Triple Gan | Smooth-fac | | 7.95 | 0.12 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42080 | www.wholes | Quadruple | Smooth-fac | | 12.95 | 0.15 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91607 | www.wholes | Telephone | Decora Sty | | 4.95 | 0.1 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42081 | www.wholes | 3 Port Qui | QuickPort | | 55.95 | 0.71 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 42082 | www.wholes | Blank Wall | Modules sn | | 6.95 | 0.02 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 91608 | www.wholes | Dual Rocke | Decora Com | | 12.95 | 0.18 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Leviton | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

| 51640 | www.wholes | The Boss P | For areas | | 449.95 | 25.8 | | 30-May-05 | 25 | Eureka | ELECTRONIC | taxable go | active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'power cord

484 watt air power with 101.2 CFM air flow

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '48', 1, 'The Boss Plus', '

For areas up to 8000 square feet

3 stage motor with 12.9 amps

Utility/inlet valve and ABS construction

6.6 gallon dirt container and 6' power cord

484 watt air power with 101.2 CFM air flow

137" water lift and weigh 29lbs

Permanently self-cleaning cloth filter, outside venting not required

May be used as cyclonic or with Filteraire disposable paper bags

15" diameter x 37"H', '' )

I have read through this forum to find an answer. I have tried a few of the suggestions on the forum.

I have even upgraded to EP2.76 with pricebreaks

I can upload (almost) everything except the prices and block quantities.

Any suggestions.

Ray

I am having a few issues with this that I am lost on. I get no errors but yet it doesn't show that the items have been downloaded but I get the whole

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/XXXXXXX

User filename: xxxxxx.csv

Size: 108209

but shows no items, and it downloads and resides in the temp file that is set to 777. What do I do next? It is uploading the file to the temp dir but not the products. Am I missing something?

Thanks

means you have a data error, most likely a comma somewhere in your description

Well, I have lots of commas in my descriptions. How can I fix this error? There is no way I can take commas out of several thousand product descriptions. Is there no way for EP to read with the commas? What is your suggestion?

Hey all,

Very new here. I found what appears to be the solution to my new store dilemma: selling house plans. I'd need custom fields for the products.

So I install EZ Populate to try it with the new EZ New Fields cotributions.

Install: Fresh OSCommerce 2.2 install.

added: /catalog/temp with 777 chmod.

Added:

/admin/easypopulate.php

/admin/easypopulate_functions.php

Edited: catalog.php so easypopulate.php is linked (that does work).

I go to admin section, click on easypopulate, it directs me correctly to:

http://www.mysite.com/admin/easypopulate.php (correct, right?)

This is the output line I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/<mysitehere-edited>/public_html/goodhouseplans/admin/easypopulate.php on line 231

Any thoughts? I'm totally stuck. I checked line 231 and it's a language call or something. I don't know MySQL or PHP at all, but I can sort of figure out what's going on around me - I just don't know how to fix things.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry about cross-posting on the main board. Won't do that again. :)

sorry, i meant apostrophes

Well, I have lots of commas in my descriptions. How can I fix this error? There is no way I can take commas out of several thousand product descriptions. Is there no way for EP to read with the commas? What is your suggestion?

if uour site doesnt use /catalog, then remove that portion from your temp file.

what else did u change in your file?

Hey all,

Very new here. I found what appears to be the solution to my new store dilemma: selling house plans. I'd need custom fields for the products.

So I install EZ Populate to try it with the new EZ New Fields cotributions.

Install: Fresh OSCommerce 2.2 install.

added: /catalog/temp with 777 chmod.

Added:

/admin/easypopulate.php

/admin/easypopulate_functions.php

Edited: catalog.php so easypopulate.php is linked (that does work).

I go to admin section, click on easypopulate, it directs me correctly to:

http://www.mysite.com/admin/easypopulate.php (correct, right?)

This is the output line I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/<mysitehere-edited>/public_html/goodhouseplans/admin/easypopulate.php on line 231

Any thoughts? I'm totally stuck. I checked line 231 and it's a language call or something. I don't know MySQL or PHP at all, but I can sort of figure out what's going on around me - I just don't know how to fix things.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry about cross-posting on the main board. Won't do that again. :)

if uour site doesnt use /catalog, then remove that portion from your temp file.

what else did u change in your file?

Actually, I figured /catalog was just the equivalent of /<homedir>. I made a temp folder in /<homedir>. I take it now that this was a stupid thing to do?

John, I would appreciate your comments,

many thanks

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.sexnation.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.sexnation.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'mysql.lcn.com'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nationnl');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD',678ylyil '');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'sexnation_co_uk');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

try only one line of product the first time you try to upload product, to see what it does.

I have already tried that. I have changed the document root. I have double checked Field Separator settings and nothing. I get no errors but no list of products all it shows is

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpoVGcVm

User filename: sample_output_file.txt

Size: 80290

no matter if i upload it from my computer or the temp file.

Any other ideas, I am tapped out.

Thanks

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

to:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web'); // where the pages are located on the server

John, I would appreciate your comments,

many thanks

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.sexnation.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.sexnation.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/.sites/14/site285/web/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'mysql.lcn.com'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nationnl');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD',678ylyil '');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'sexnation_co_uk');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

post a few rows of the data here

I have already tried that. I have changed the document root. I have double checked Field Separator settings and nothing. I get no errors but no list of products all it shows is

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpoVGcVm

User filename: sample_output_file.txt

Size: 80290

no matter if i upload it from my computer or the temp file.

Any other ideas, I am tapped out.

Thanks

v_products_id,v_products_model,v_products_image,v_products_name_1,v_manufacturer

s_name,v_categories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_products_quantity,v_products_pri

ce,v_products_weight,v_products_description_1,v_date_added,v_tax_class_title,v_st

atus,EOREOR

11572,6502857,,"Rattlin Chug Bug 08- 3 1/2""/ 3/8oz/ Shad",Storm,Fishing,Lures & Lure Kits,11,4.14,0.05,,1/1/1980,Taxable,,EOREOR

11573,6502858,,"Rattlin Chug Bug 08- 3 1/2""/ 3/8oz/ Bleeding Pearl",Storm,Fishing,Lures & Lure Kits,16,4.14,0.05,,1/1/1980,Taxable,,EOREOR

11574,6502859,,"Rattlin Chug Bug 08- 3 1/2""/ 3/8oz/ Metallic Silver/ Black",Storm,Fishing,Lures & Lure Kits,15,4.14,0.05,,1/1/1980,Taxable,,EOREOR

11575,6502860,,"Rattlin Chug Bug 08- 3 1/2""/ 3/8oz/ Bass",Storm,Fishing,Lures & Lure Kits,12,4.14,0.05,,1/1/1980,Taxable,,EOREOR

11576,6502861,,"Rattlin Chug Bug 08- 3 1/2""/ 3/8oz/ Metallic Silver/ Blue",Storm,Fishing,Lures & Lure Kits,13,4.14,0.05,,1/1/1980,Taxable,,EOREOR

Hi John

Tried one line only. It is all uploded OK. Nothing missing. "New Poduct" at the end of the line for this one. Quantities, etc are in my db but not the prices or quantity blocks?

I am sure its something minor but I can not see it.

Thank you for your assistance

Ray

John

I also tried to "Insert data from a textfile into table" using PhpMyadmin

Same result everything loaded except the pricing and quantity blocks

Does this give you a clear pricture, because its not helping me. Other than it can't be any problems with EP.

Any ideas where I should look?

Ray