• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

no, as you have it set to comma's instead of a tab, ep will see every comma in the spreadsheet, (which is now a text file) as a separator.

Any other suggestions then? Since the csv file will upload, I know my directories are right, but when the file is in the tab delimited format it won't upload. Or do I just revised my descriptions, so they don't have any commas?

sharon

Checkes the complete forum, saw someone with the same problem but no answer to it. Why do i only get the categorie of my default language. When EP takes the other language categories with it my problem is solved Anyone who can help me?

Thanks a lot for helping.

send me the file you saved as 'tab delimited' via email, i will look at it to see if anything makes it not load.

Any other suggestions then?  Since the csv file will upload, I know my directories are right, but when the file is in the tab delimited format it won't upload.  Or do I just revised my descriptions, so they don't have any commas?

sharon

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/home/xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx.de/public_html');

you can verify this by going to your store admin, tools, server info and searching for document_root (will be down near the bottom)

This is what it says in the tools so everything seems to be ok I guess.

/usr/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxx.xx/public_html

I managed to download a file now anyway.

// Storeman:-

Now I've fixed a lot of the problems I had by the definition of ROOT.

When I now try to split my large file I get this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1 bytes) in /home/xxxxXXXXX/ssssss.de/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1269

Line 1269 says:

$items = explode($separator, $item1);

What does this error mean ???? :'( :'( :'( :'(

I can read it but not quite understand it !!!!

// Storeman:-

means you have lots of data, best thing to do is to try to upload about 10 products, make sure they make it through.

then try 100 and make sure.

then 200, then 300, and so on.

if you have data errors, you will find it in the first few uploads.

I have successfully upgraded Easy Populate to work with PHP 5, no more blank rows, and rows not being inserted or updated.

Edited by 241

post # 1165 has the fix

// Courtesy of Andrew Berezin post # 1165.

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

no need to pay anyone for something already done

Hello All

I have easypopulate with pricebreaks loading everything except the prices or qty_blocks

Any sugestions?

Thanks from Australia

Ray

Hey guys,

I've read almost all the threats about my problem, still I have no success on making EP 2.76 to work.

My temp folder is catalog/temp. I have set it to 777.

If I set temp folder in easypopulate.php to "/catalog/temp/" I get this message:

Filename: products.txt

Warning: file(c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/catalog//catalog/temp/products.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 684

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 689

I have tried changing the temp folder so I've set it to "temp/" and i get this:

But there is no update, no new products added.

Please somenone help me. :'(

P.S. I've checked also configure.php and it's define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

I cannot get EasyPopulate working, even though I read several times about similar problems. I downloaded a sample file from the data in the db using EasyPopulate, containing only one article. I added a second line with same fields, only different v_products_model, v_products_image and v_products_name_2 to test it. After uploading it back, everything seems fine, the following text appears:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/www/web126/phptmp/phpCd0gCQ

User filename: new.txt

Size: 848

But there was no change to database, no addition of the second article.

I uploaded the files to the proper place. I made sure the permissions are set.

OSC is installed in serverpath: /home/www/web126/html/m1

Here I made a temp-directory called temp, I assigned chmod 777 to it.

In easypopulate.php I set $tempdir and $tempdir2 to /temp/

I checked also: EP uploaded the file new.txt to /html/m1/temp/new.txt

I don't know why there appears phptmp in text message, but this directory exists (I didnt make it) with chmod 777, but it is empty.

Because I read about document root, I checked this too.

In /m1/admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/www/web126/html/m1/');

server_info.php shows: DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/www/web126/html

I tried several changes, but I couldn't solve the problem. Can anybody help?

as you saw about document root, you even have it in your thread question, from you:

thus you should have changed document root to match:

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/www/web126/html

it is that simple, and your temp needs to be:

/m1/temp/

easy way to prevent a double // in the file manager, as has been stated over and over and over about document root, set it to:

$DOCUMENT_ROOT

Hey guys,

I've read almost all the threats about my problem, still I have no success on making EP 2.76 to work.

My temp folder is catalog/temp. I have set it to 777.

If I set temp folder in easypopulate.php to "/catalog/temp/" I get this message:

Warning: file(c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/catalog//catalog/temp/products.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 684

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 689

I have tried changing the temp folder so I've set it to "temp/" and i get this:

But there is no update, no new products added.

Please somenone help me. :'(

P.S. I've checked also configure.php and it's  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

I've cheked the document_root and it's:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

I've also tried the online version of my oscommerce and I have the same problems. Online it says that it loaded the file but nothing is changed whatsoever. :(

as you saw about document root, you even have it in your thread question, from you:

thus you should have changed document root to match:

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/www/web126/html

it is that simple, and your temp needs to be:

/m1/temp/

easy way to prevent a double // in the file manager, as has been stated over and over and over about document root, set it to:

$DOCUMENT_ROOT

Thanks Mibble, I am used to Windows not to Unix pathes ;-)

I tried your configuration, but still the same. No error message, but also no change to database. Is there a possibility to check where easypopulate-script stops?

Edited by Ala

On line 70 of easypopulate.php change to false.  This will remove the tax calculation.  Hope this helps.

I had found that once I went browsing through the easypopulate.php.

As a noobie I have an inherent fear of php.

Since I don't have the time to figure it all out and I need to fast track, I've hired an experienced php programmer to get everything I need into place. Thanks to all for their help ... no doubt I'll be back :)

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my products loaded?

I am getting the following error message when using EP:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpAzqyHJ' to '/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt' in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAzqyHJ

User filename: megagoods1.txt

Size: 248372

Warning: file(/home/allaudio/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/megagoods1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/allaudio/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

I've been playing with EP 2.76 for a little bit and have run into a strange bug. I can download the EP file, edit it, and upload no problem, but ever since uploading the first EP file all the attributes are displayed backwards for products.

Example: The microsoft intelliMouse explorer (sample product that comes with oscommerce) comes in the base ps/2 or the usb for +6.00. Originally when you looked at the product description the ps/2 version was selected in the drop down box by default. Now the usb version is selected by default.

Is there an easy fix to get all the attributes listed in the right order again? I didn't backup the database before uploading the EP file, so I'm kinda stuck now *kicking myself* :blush: