• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

it gets frustrating dealing with a contribution, then others decide to play with the original and change from a tab to a semicolon and dont tell anyone.

if the original was left alone and a modified file with the changes named something else, then others could easily modify what they need.

this is actually an easy contribution to install and get working, most errors are the document root path.

easy way to check to see if yours is right, go into store admin, tools, file manager, then click on the yellow admin folder. if you have two // in front of admin your document root is wrong

Thanks this thread has helped me already - I had the document root problem !

I'm now editing my txt file in Excel 2000 as a "tab delimited" file - I know it's semi-colon delimited but apart from the fact it adds it all in one cell it's OK.

When I try to upload I get some quotes in before the product_model_id which is causing it to think that there are new products instead of updates...see this example of some dummy records inserted and the text that comes up once complete....

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpWldnhb

User filename: EP2005May19-2109.txt-1.xls

Size: 921

| "E99203 | EFE 99203. | GUY ARAB I | London Tra | | 16.5 | 1.00 | | 2005-05-17 | 10 | EFE | Buses | Exclusive | | --none-- | Active Updated

| " "E99204 | EFE 99203. | GUY ARAB I | London Tra | | 17.5 | 1.00 | | 2005-05-17 | 10 | EFE | Buses | Exclusive | | --none-- | Active Updated

| " "E99205 | EFE 99203. | GUY ARAB I | London Tra | | 32.5 | 1.00 | | 2005-05-17 | 10 | EFE | Buses | Exclusive | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

I also have the additional line at the bottom.

My issue is I can't see the quotes to delete them in Excel or Wordpad...any clues ? :blink: :blink:

BTW what is your recommended editor, my client will need to create over 500 records for the store I am building for them and I need it to be easy....I thoought Excel would at least have them in separate columns.

Thanks guys :D

Mike

excel does place them in separate columns, you are / have it imported incorrectly

try downloading a sheet and look at it in excel. open excel first, then the file.

John,

Many thanks - that sorts it out ! :-)

Now how about deleting those " " at the start of the product id ?

Thanks again

Mike

Is the there a limit o#to the number of products easy populate can handle?

I have 30,000 products and when i try and use the splitter it takes a long time and then goes back to the same page with no list of files or anything?

also is there a limit to the number of products oscommerce can handle?

thanks

what would be the best way to split the file easily? other then doing it manually in excel, i have heard you can make a macro but i am not sure how i would code it to make it select the next 300 records after the first lot have been copied?

thanks

it gets frustrating dealing with a contribution, then others decide to play with the original and change from a tab to a semicolon and dont tell anyone.

if the original was left alone and a modified file with the changes named something else, then others could easily modify what they need.

this is actually an easy contribution to install and get working, most errors are the document root path.

easy way to check to see if yours is right, go into store admin, tools, file manager, then click on the yellow admin folder.  if you have two // in front of admin your document root is wrong

dealing with 30000 products, you are best to split your spreadsheet manually. depending upon your server configuration, you may have to use as little as a few hundred records or you can do 10K to 15K at a time. i typically do about 3000 at a time, to make sure there are no problems.

easiest way when you are trying to upload for the first time, is to do about 10 products, see if they upload. then when they do upload fine, bump it up to about 500 products, see if that goes. then slowly increase until you find it issnt working, then back off. loading over the top of what you have already loaded will not be any problem.

i set mine up in a few different ways, by manufacturer is one sheet and go from there.

this way if a price change comes it is easier to change, just open the particular manufacturer.

not sure on the quotes, has to be the way your data is being exported.

John,

Many thanks - that sorts it out ! :-)

Now how about deleting those " " at the start of the product id ?

Thanks again

Mike

most errors are the document root path.

easy way to check to see if yours is right, go into store admin, tools, file manager, then click on the yellow admin folder.  if you have two // in front of admin your document root is wrong

Ok, I'm trying to use Easy Populate and I just can't get a file upload to work. I'm on a Mac, I've downloaded a file from my store, so I have the correct headings (it's a pretty simple file), I've updated the file in Excel, saved it as a tab-delimited file, opened it in TextEdit and changed the end of lines to "Unix", and I get this type of message when I upload it:

File uploaded.

Termporary filename: /var/tmp/phpP1WJhY

User filename: DPSEPProductFile3.txt

Size: 866

The file is in my temp directory under catalog. I've tried the file with 1 product and 10 products with the same result. Here's my data file with just one product:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status Unix

RL-SG150-0 brushes/RL-SG150.jpg Soft Grip Golden Taklon Shader #0 "Retail $2.99. These brushes have ergonically designed, thick acrylic handles and a soft, no slip, rubber grip. They are a great value for the decorative painter, since any brush in the series retails for only $2.99. The shader is a good choice for basecoating and floating techniques." 2.25 0.05 6 Royal Langnickel Brushes Royal Langnickel Soft Grip Gold Taklon $2.25 Each --none-- Active Unix

I also tried uploading it through ftp and importing it from the temp directory using the Easy Populate function. Still didn't work, same message. I've checked the file where "tab" is set as the default delimiter and it looks ok to me. I actually don't know what EP is suppose to do if it uploads correctly... I just know I don't have any products added to my store.

I do have the problem you mentioned above in that I have two // in front of all of my directories below the catalog level when I look at them through file manager. I'm not sure what to change. I'm running my store on netfirms.com host who has set my store directory as:

http://www.decorativepaintingstore/dpsstore/nfscomm/catalog/

The line in my configure.php file for the document root is:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/www' . '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/' ); // where your pages are located on the server.

I tried changing it as you suggested to someone else and I got worse errors when I tried to upload a data file because it couldn't find the temp directory at all.

I'm so frustrated, I just don't know what else to try, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sharon

[email protected]

this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/www' . '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/' );

to this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT );

temp in ep file to: /catalog/temp/

this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/www' . '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/' );

to this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT );

temp in ep file to: /catalog/temp/

--------------------

Hi John, Thanks for the help. It's just not working yet.

I made the change to the configure.php file as follows (I included a couple of lines before and after just for reference):

--------------------

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://decorativepaintingstore.netfirms.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://decorativepaintingstore.sslpowered.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server.

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/www' . '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/');

----------------------

I made the change to the easypopulate.php file as follows:

----------------------

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

----------------------

I'm still getting the double // after catalog in my file manager.

When I tried to upload after making these changes, this is the error message I got:

----------------------

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/catalog/temp/DPSEPProductFile3.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/www/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpbAr4yC' to '/mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/catalog/temp/DPSEPProductFile3.txt' in /mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/www/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Termporary filename: /var/tmp/phpbAr4yC

User filename: DPSEPProductFile3.txt

Size: 864

Warning: file(/mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/catalog/temp/DPSEPProductFile3.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/www/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 644

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4/www/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

----------------------

My easypopulate_functions.php file is:

----------------------

<?php

function tep_get_uploaded_file($filename) {

if (isset($_FILES[$filename])) {

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $_FILES[$filename]['name'],

'type' => $_FILES[$filename]['type'],

'size' => $_FILES[$filename]['size'],

'tmp_name' => $_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']);

} elseif (isset($GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_FILES'][$filename])) {

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['name'],

'type' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['type'],

'size' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['size'],

'tmp_name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']);

} else {

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_name'],

'type' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_type'],

'size' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_size'],

'tmp_name' => $GLOBALS[$filename]);

}

return $uploaded_file;

}

// the $filename parameter is an array with the following elements:

// name, type, size, tmp_name

function tep_copy_uploaded_file($filename, $target) {

if (substr($target, -1) != '/') $target .= '/';

$target .= $filename['name'];

move_uploaded_file($filename['tmp_name'], $target);

}

?>

----------------------

I don't recall ever making any changes to this file.

Any suggestions for next steps?

Sharon

[email protected]

this is still wrong:

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/www' . '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/');

you need to look at your admin/tools/server info and search for document_root, then compare it with what you have above. you should probably have the actual pth. post your whole configure.php file without the database connection info

this is still wrong:

you need to look at your admin/tools/server info and search for document_root, then compare it with what you have above.  you should probably have the actual pth.  post your whole configure.php file without the database connection info

-----------------------

Hi John,

Under admin/tools/server, I found two references to document root and they both are:

/mnt/web_d/d13/s47/b02303a4

Now when I go into my file manager under the oscommerce admin tools, it starts me out at my basic web level... before it started out at the catalog level.

-----------------------

configure.php file with the db connection info "x'd out" is:

<?php

/*

$Id: configure.php,v 1.14 2003/02/21 16:55:24 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://decorativepaintingstore.sslpowered.com'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://decorativepaintingstore.netfirms.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://decorativepaintingstore.sslpowered.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server.

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/www' . '/dpsstore/nfoscomm/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxx');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'xxxxx');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'xxxxx');

?>

-------------------------

Sharon

[email protected]

We're using Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 to update the products in our store, but it seems to be updating our pricing in the "Gross Price" field instead of the "Net Price".

Because of this, it seems to be calculating the Net Price on it's own and that's what it's displaying on the live store.

We used the Easy Populate "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" to help us create the template for updating the products - was this a mistake?

On line 70 of easypopulate.php change to false. This will remove the tax calculation. Hope this helps.

HI,

I just downloaded the easy populate and cannot get it to work.

I am able to download the file and when I open it in excel it is seperated by ; so I open it in excel and add products, but when I upload it, I get this

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php0MUErO

User filename: EP2005May23-1604.txt

Size: 1134

and no items show up in the catalog

What I am doing wrong

I am about to add products to the catalog and want to use easy populate to do that since I have all the products in a database

Also how do I add extra fields for each product say long description to the short description

Hi,

I have a problem with category descriptions contribution and easypopulate, when I download the complete catalog it doesn?t show me the categories of my products, I think it happens with category descriptions installed, does anyone knows a solution please?

Thank you.

Edited by yoclaudio

Hi all.. great contrib :D very useful.

I only have one question... My image field that i'm uploading is missing the .jpg at the end, so v_product_image only contains'exampleimage' rather than 'exampleimage'jpg' .

Is there a way i can add '.jpg' during the upload?

hi,

has anybody worked out a fix/work around for

Error 1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

?

searching the thread there are a few people with the problem but no solutions.

it seems to be to do with using easypopulates functions to intergrate the seperate price per customer contribution.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone has both these contributions working together sucessfully.

i have tried to fix it myself but im no expert and i havent been able to so far.

thank you.

who ever uploaded the version you downloaded, changed the tab delimited, thus you need to change ep back to tab delimited or you need to change your data to being seperated by the semicolon.

also what do you have for a temp dir location in your ep file?

what does document_root say in your admin/includes/configure.php

HI,

I just downloaded the easy populate and cannot get it to work.

I am able to download the file and when I open it in excel it is seperated by ; so I open it in excel and add products, but when I upload it, I get this

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php0MUErO

User filename: EP2005May23-1604.txt

Size: 1134

and no items show up in the catalog

What I am doing wrong

I am about to add products to the catalog and want to use easy populate to do that since I have all the products in a database

Also how do I add extra fields for each product say long description to the short description

i have never used the category descriptions contribution, dont think it is compatible with ep tho

Hi,

I have a problem with category descriptions contribution and easypopulate, when I download the complete catalog it doesn?t show me the categories of my products, I think it happens with category descriptions installed, does anyone knows a solution please?

Thank you.

that is on your data entry end, you could write a macro in excel to merge your image field with a .jpg

Hi all.. great contrib :D very useful.

I only have one question... My image field that i'm uploading is missing the .jpg at the end, so v_product_image only contains'exampleimage' rather than 'exampleimage'jpg' .

Is there a way i can add '.jpg' during the upload?

the separate price contribution was programmed by someone, thus if using that, you need to makee sure your database tables match what they have programmed into easypopulate.

hi,

has anybody worked out a fix/work around for

Error 1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

?

searching the thread there are a few people with the problem but no solutions.

it seems to be to do with using easypopulates functions to intergrate the seperate price per customer contribution.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone has both these contributions working together sucessfully.

i have tried to fix it myself but im no expert and i havent been able to so far.

thank you.