• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

your field names need to match what you have in the database, easiest thing to do is add them after v_products_image and/or products_image

OMG, it really *was* that simple! The whole "uncomment" thing in the script just leads to confusion, IMO - but thanks to Mibble's pointer, I've gotten EasyPopulate working perfectly!

It's *amazing* how much time this mod will save me. Moreover, it has solved one of my other issues - that of how to organize images into different folders. Simple!

Oh, and Mibble? Man, you rock! Not just for helping me (though it is much appreciated!), but for all of the time you obviously spend helping everyone. We all owe you one. :thumbsup:

most make this contribution out to be tougher than what it is. however, just following things thru, it can be installed in less than 5 minutes.

thanks for the support.

I created a folders called temp in both the admin and in the root (just to make sure)

Any Idea's anyone?

its a conribution That I would really like to use but I have spent a lot of time on this so far, mainly because of admin with levels, but I got through that bit

one contribution that I have loaded which I have just remebered is froogle data feeder v161 which is working fine, perhaps there is a prblem here

David

Hi,

Hope you can help me here.

I am using Easy Populate v2.76b Contribution with Product Extra Fields Contribution.

i have created 3 custom fields called Brightness, Resolution & Lamp Life.

How do I use easy populate to update these three fields along with the rest of the database?

Can You help!

Regards,

Kunal :(

easypopulate works independently of the froogle feeder, no problems there. most causes are because document root is not set properly in the admin/includes/configure.php file and the path is not set properly in the easypopulate.php file for temp.

post that info here

Any Idea's anyone?

its a conribution That I would really like to use but I have spent a lot of time on this so far, mainly because of admin with levels, but I got through that bit

one contribution that I have loaded which I have just remebered is froogle data feeder v161 which is working fine, perhaps there is a prblem here

search thru the last 10 or so pages of the support thread, the answers are here. i dont use products extra fields, as i have hard coded all my fields. i know the answer is there, as i have read them.

Hi,

I am using Easy Populate v2.76b Contribution with Product Extra Fields Contribution.

How do I use easy populate to update these three fields along with the rest of the database?

Can You help!

Regards,

you have to use categories with easy populate and do not use any apostrophe's in the category name

I have a problem and i think its related to easy populate, i did upload twice and after some products did appear twice. Any ideas please is appreciated. See thread before for explantion, please help if you can.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=149835

easypopulate works independently of the froogle feeder, no problems there.  most causes are because document root is not set properly in the admin/includes/configure.php file and the path is not set properly in the easypopulate.php file for temp.

post that info here

here is the config file minus the database connection

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.batterytrader.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.batterytrader.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https//www.batterytrader.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'E:/websites/batterytrader.com/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'E:/websites/batterytrader.com/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'E:/websites/batterytrader.com/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

and the top bit of the easypopulate.php

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

I assume you didnt want the whole file

David

most likely you have two slasles in your file manager path while in admin

your document root is this, posted below (can be verified via admin/tools/server info and search for document root)

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'E:/websites/batterytrader.com');

most likely you have two slasles in your file manager path while in admin

your document root is this, posted below (can be verified via admin/tools/server info and search for document root)

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'E:/websites/batterytrader.com');

I took the forward slash off where ststed in the config file but this made no difference, I looked in admin / server info and it had

Configuration

PHP Core

doc_root it had novalue for local and for master value

David

Hi,

Can You help!

Regards,

search thru the last 10 or so pages of the support thread, the answers are here.  i dont use products extra fields, as i have hard coded all my fields.  i know the answer is there, as i have read them.

My eyes must be all messed up going thru all this coding and the posts.

Can some one please point me to the right post?

Regards,

Kunal :blink:

have been testing my site and I have notived on certain products when i add it to my cart and go to checkout i click on confirm and go to the checkout shipping page and then when i click continue it just goes to sam page, the shipping page i alreday on, in other words i dont leave the checkout shipping page.

Ive also noticed this only happans on products tha when i search for in products in my admin they appear twice but not as individual products, ie the same product appears twice under each other but wont let me select either 1 of them just both.

It is these products that when i cart wont let me move on in the payments process.

I did use easy populate and a second time i uploaded some stuff there was duplicate products BUT when they appear twice in products in admin i cannot select 1 to delete as its a sif they are joined together and when i click on either one to turn on or off the products listing it turns off both or turns on both whichever I select. I cant turn on or off just 1 of the duplicate products.

So just to clarify so i havent confused myself lol when i add 1 of these products i go to checkout get to the delivery information page at checkout_shipping and click continue and nothng happens, page sort of just refreshes. If i check the product in admin and search for it the product has 2 listings but they behave as 1.

Any ideas please, my site did go live but now its offline due to this.

Is there also another quicker way of finding out which product has these 2 listings and has duplicate listings on my site without checking each one at a time.

thanks

mark, backup the database, then empty the database, then run your easypopulate file, against an empty store database, then should work. without seeing your data file etc hard to say what is causing the problem.

i know all the sites i have fixed with the similar problem were from apostrophes in the category name and or duplicate model #'s

Hi,

Can You help!

Regards,

After seraching hi and lo found some info on it in the posts:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=64945&st=1680

I have tried to add my new fields using this mannor and updated the easypopulate.php page, but every time I try to update a test range of products it just reverts back to my home page.

No errors displayed, just pushes to home page.

Also wanted to check the new fields I have created are called Brightness, Resolution and Lamp Life.

Does that mean I have to write the code in

products_brightness,
products_resolution,
products_lamp_life,

or

brightness,
resolution,
lamp_life,

Which is the right way 1st or the 2nd one?

Hope you can help!!!

Kunal

Edited by kunal247

I have tried to upload a sample database by adding to one of the teplate files avialble for download with easypopulate.

products are being updated fine appart from my custom fields and the new databse says its updated with no errors, but when i view my site I cant see any of the newly updated products.

Why is this?

sample of the update report:

HPLJ1100XI | hewlett_pa | Hewlett Pa | HP has alw | www.pandi. | Hewlett-Pa | HP LaserJe | www.hp.com | Hewlett Pa | HP has alw | www.pandi. | 534.99 | 45 | | | | 06/05/2005 | 06/05/2005 | 8 | Hewlett Pa | Hardware | Printers | | VAT Taxabl | Active Updated

| LT260 | default/no | NEC LT260 | XGA, 2000 | www.nec.co | NEC LT260 | | | | | | 925.99 | 5 | 2000 ANSI | XGA | 1500 Hrs | 07/05/2005 | 07/05/2005 | 999 | NEC | Projectors | | | VAT Taxabl | Active Updated

| LT120 | default/no | NEC LT120 | SVGA, 1000 | www.nec.co | | | | | | | 599.99 | 2 | 1000 | svga | 2000 | 08/05/2005 | 08/05/2005 | 25 | NEC | Projectors | | | VAT Taxabl | Active Updated

| AC AVALARM | default/no | | D-TEX INTE | | | | | | | | ?59.00 | 2 | | | | 09/05/2005 | | 25 | | Accessory | | | VAT Taxabl | Active Updated

| AC AVALARM | default/no | | D-TEX REPL | | | | | | | | ?16.00 | 2 | | | | 10/05/2005 | | 25 | | Accessory | | | VAT Taxabl | Active !New Product!

| AC AVER TV | default/no | | AVERMEDIA | | | | | | | | ?50.62 | 2 | | | | 11/05/2005 | | 25 | | Accessory | | | VAT Taxabl | Active !New Product!

| AC AVER 10 | default/no | | LIGHTBOX F | | | | | | | | ?79.99 | 2 | | | | 12/05/2005 | | 25 | | Accessory | | | VAT Taxabl | Active !New Product!

I have tried to upload a sample database by adding to one of the teplate files avialble for download with easypopulate.

products are being updated fine appart from my custom fields and the new databse says its updated with no errors, but when i view my site I cant see any of the newly updated products.

Why is this?

sample of the update report:

Please ignore this. Some one kindly informed me of my mistake.

There was no product name in the test range.