• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I recently installed the latest version of Easypopulate and I'm having a problem.

It installed fine, downloaded the sample store that comes with OSCommerce and I was able to upload my store. The problem came when I attempted to download the store to make changes a week later. No matter which download option I choose, I get Premature end of script headers: Easypopulate.php . The only changes I've done that I can see in any way affect Easypopute are

1. I change the max lex for model numbers to 30 in the database (I checked Easypopulate.php and it appears that the change carried through) and.

2. My /catalog/admin directory is now password protected.

All the Easypopulate files have 755 permissions and the tech at my host has no clue only that "it's too long to de-bug".

So here I am. Any help?

hello all

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to see what I have missed with my download attributes problem?

I would really appreciate any help. I see that the attributes come from the product_attributes table but the download attributes come from the product_download_attributes table.

How do I get these download attributes into my EP spreadsheet? or have I missed something in my EP setup.

Thanking you all in advance.

Regards

Trap

new-lifestyle

I am really frustrated now. I have deleted everything and started from beginning 4 or 5 times now. I keep running into the same problem. Easy Populate can Import categories, but there are no products in the categories.

PLEASE help me to understand what I do wrong.

Hello, I hope you'll be able to help me out of this mess.

I have EP 2.75-MS2 on OsC 2 MS2.2.

I've gotten everything to work up to the upload part and, after even a fresh install of EP, I'm having trouble getting the import of data to work correctly.

Error:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/php3MpaHJ
User filename: Upload4.txt
Size: 936
| M311C2-A | M311C2-A.j | Fully-Comp | Fully-Comp | M311C2-A.h | 32.1 | 0.52 | | 2005-04-19 | 9 | Motorola | Two-Way Ra | | | Taxable Go | Active | Motorola | PMNN4000 | 2833- | Battery Pa | Short Desc | NI-CD | 7.5 | 1500 mAH | NO | 12 month | 27.09 | 24.08 | JAPAN | 100 | UC | UC4000XT !New Product!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

M#11C2-A is the products_model and the text file reads (row numbers, (#1) added for this post):

(#1)v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_tax_class_title	v_status	v_products_compatible	v_products_oempn	v_products_ifullid	v_products_type	v_products_short	v_products_chem	v_products_volt	v_products_capac	v_products_clip	v_products_war	v_products_corpprice	v_products_resellprice	v_products_cells	v_products_inv	v_products_source	v_products_vendpn	EOREOR
(#2)M311C2-A	M311C2-A.jpg	Fully-Compatible Battery Pack for the Motorola GP68	Fully-Compatible Battery Simplified for debug	M311C2-A.html	32.1	0.52  2005-04-19 14:55:12	9	Motorola	Two-Way Radio Batteries 	 Taxable Goods	Active	Motorola	PMNN4000	2833-	Battery Pack	Short Description Not Used Yet	NI-CD	7.5	1500 mAH	NO	12 month	27.09	24.08	JAPAN	100	UC	UC4000XT	EOREOR

The data is Tab delimited and, checking invisible characters with BBEdit (Mac), I can see the tabs in the right places. The data fields in the inactive product edit page in OsC Admin are screwed up with data not appearing, or appearing in the wrong fields. I've got Unix line endings set in BBEdit and I'm uploading the text with IE 5.5 for Mac withing the EP environment.

I've searched through this post and found similar errors, but no answers.

I really would appreciate any help. Thank you.

[email protected]

Hello, I hope you'll be able to help me out of this mess.

I have EP 2.75-MS2 on OsC 2 MS2.2.

I've gotten everything to work up to the upload part and, after even a fresh install of EP, I'm having trouble getting the import of data to work correctly.

Error:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/php3MpaHJ
User filename: Upload4.txt
Size: 936
| M311C2-A | M311C2-A.j | Fully-Comp | Fully-Comp | M311C2-A.h | 32.1 | 0.52 | | 2005-04-19 | 9 | Motorola | Two-Way Ra | | | Taxable Go | Active | Motorola | PMNN4000 | 2833- | Battery Pa | Short Desc | NI-CD | 7.5 | 1500 mAH | NO | 12 month | 27.09 | 24.08 | JAPAN | 100 | UC | UC4000XT !New Product!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

I really would appreciate any help. Thank you.

[email protected]

By the way, an export of the data hand enterred, the re-imported back in had the same result. ;)

if you change the product model #'s in ep, it will not make any difference until you do so in the database tables at the same time. you will need to update the same fields in the different ones, (in the ep file it even states they must match the database)

I recently installed the latest version of Easypopulate and I'm having a problem.

It installed fine, downloaded the sample store that comes with OSCommerce and I was able to upload my store. The problem came when I attempted to download the store to make changes a week later. No matter which download option I choose, I get Premature end of script headers: Easypopulate.php . The only changes I've done that I can see in any way affect Easypopute are

1. I change the max lex for model numbers to 30 in the database (I checked Easypopulate.php and it appears that the change carried through) and.

2. My /catalog/admin directory is now password protected.

All the Easypopulate files have 755 permissions and the tech at my host has no clue only that "it's too long to de-bug".

So here I am. Any help?

post two lines of your data file here

new-lifestyle

I am really frustrated now.  I have deleted everything and started from beginning 4 or 5 times now.  I keep running into the same problem. Easy Populate can Import categories, but there are no products in the categories.

PLEASE help me to understand what I do wrong.

which fields are mixeed up?  i see you have additional fields from the default ep in here?

John,

They are all messed up. I went into PHPMyAdmin to see exactly which data are in which fields and the array looks something like:

(Field Name converted to v_ in SQL => Field the Data found was <b>supposed</b> to be in, or data if unrecognized)

v_products_model  => (data is from...)  v_products_capac
v_products_image => v_products_volts
v_products_name_1 => 37 {???}
v_products_description_1 => {not in products}
v_products_url_1 => 
v_products_price => 0.0000
v_products_weight => 0000
v_date_avail => 0000:00 etc.
v_date_added => 0000:00 etc
v_products_quantity => 0
v_manufacturers_name => 10 [I don't know where it got that!}
v_categories_name_1
v_categories_name_2
v_categories_name_3
v_tax_class_title=> 100
v_status=> 12 {from => v_products_war?}
v_products_compatible => v_products_image
v_products_oempn => v_products_url
v_products_ifullid => v_products_price
v_products_type => 1
v_products_short => contains an empty date item
v_products_chem => contains an empty date item
v_products_volt => NULL
v_products_capac => 1
v_products_clip => v_products_weight
v_products_war => v_products_quantity
v_products_corpprice => v_manufacturers_name
v_products_resellprice => v_products_oempn
v_products_cells => v_products_ifullid
v_products_inv => v_products_type
v_products_source => v_products_short
v_products_vendpn => v_products_chem

v_products_compatible through v_products_vendpn are the new fields that I added. The entries, at least starting from v_products_clip are incorrect, but incorrect in a consistent order.

Ive looked through $filestring to see how the upload file is built, and Ive gone to the $filelayout areas of easypopulate.php to see if there was an inconsistency in the way I listed the fields, but I don't see it.

If there is a typo that would mess it up like this, my eyes are going right over it. :(

I really appreciate that you're taking a look at this. My next step involves looking for a tall building. :blink:

i would venture to say it is where/how you added the additional fields programmed in your easypopulate file. do one line of data, see what happens, then adjust your ep file and try again.

i would venture to say it is where/how you added the additional fields programmed in your easypopulate file. do one line of data, see what happens, then adjust your ep file and try again.

i would venture to say it is where/how you added the additional fields programmed in your easypopulate file.  do one line of data, see what happens, then adjust your ep file and try again.

OK, but what part of the code governs the reading of the upload file and searching for v_products_model? Then, which part governs matching the field name listed of the first line? I see the part about $theheader_array and $header. It looks like the data should match the first line, item for item.

The output is fine when I export. It's the upload that gets it wrong. So, do you have a suggestion about what part of the code I should be looking at?

Thanks.

search for where it is inserting the product(s) into the database.  how did you add your additional fields into easypopulate?

Actually, I was using New Fields with Easy Populate and just figured out that there was a different thread for that. The problem of adding the new fields under $query = "INSERT INTO" instead of under quantity seems to be where I want to start... I'll try there.

Actually, I was using New Fields with Easy Populate and just figured out that there was a different thread for that. The problem of adding the new fields under $query = "INSERT INTO" instead of under quantity seems to be where I want to start... I'll try there.

That did it!! I'll post here for consistency and if the mods want to move it to "Add Fields with Easy Populate", then feel free.

The instructions for adding fields include the line:

{ for /admin/easypopulate.php}

Find the line, approx 1678: $query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (

Below it add:

products_artist,

In fact, :-" you need to look a couple of lines below that where it says:

$query = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." (

products_image,

products_model,

products_price,

products_status,

products_last_modified,

products_date_added,

products_date_available,

products_tax_class_id,

products_weight,

products_quantity,

products_artist,

and insert the new field below products_quantity, as I've shown.

John, thanks. You pointed me in the right direction with both threads.

what you will need to do is map the data from the csv they gave you to the mapping from ep. other than that, not much else to do, sounds like you should be able to do it with importing into excel or quattro pro

what you will need to do is map the data from the csv they gave you to the mapping from ep.  other than that, not much else to do, sounds like you should be able to do it with importing into excel or quattro pro

If i were to send you a sample csv - can you please verify that? Ihave tried to map and the re-upload nut the url is incorrect when i look at the products page for both the web address and the image.

Regards

Darren

you can post your items here for that, and when i get a chance i will look, others may be able to also. i give support free here on the forum . . . .

you can post your items here for that, and when i get a chance i will look, others may be able to also.  i give support free here on the forum . . . .

No Problem

Here is a sample part of code:-

v_products_model

prods2321312

v_products_image

http://www.firebox.com/pic/p6p.jpg

v_products_name_1

Traser Glowring

v_products_description_1

Clever chemistry, no batteries and a selection of glowing colours. No-maintenance light sources are fine by us.

v_products_url_1

http://www.dgm2.com/m/firebox/b.asp?A=1458...product%26pid=6

Can you understand my problem.

Regards

Darren

Did you actually tell us what your problem is?

I'm happy to help (through the forum) but I don't understand your issue.

Robert

The problem is that once i upload via easypopulate the links through to the suppliers url and image doesnt work. It is looking for a image inside the catalog rather than the full url. I have hundreds of these to do and to make life simpler i would like to use the easypopulate.

Darren

ps - has anybody done a microsoft access program to check/play about with the info rather than use excel?

I see some people have difficulties using EP with a multi language shop....including me. EP only populates the default language with categories. In the other languages I find "-> (216)" So the products are populated, but not the categories.

Can anybody give a hint where I should look for an answer?

if you change the product model #'s in ep, it will not make any difference until you do so in the database tables at the same time.  you will need to update the same fields in the different ones, (in the ep file it even states they must match the database)

Ok, my fault for not saying that I also changed the length in the database. I've found a work-around for now which is to just duplicate the pertinent database info in an excel file when I add products ie. model #, item name & price. Rhat way when I need to do a major price update I can modify the excel file and then use EP to upload the changes. Not pretty, but it works.