• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I'm having some trouble with EP after I download the spreadsheet. After I make changes, save and upload, nothing happens other than displaying

"File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/php1pmGJp

User filename: EP2004Dec21-1111.txt.xls

Size: 83102.

at the top.

When I try to download my "updated" spreadsheet, it is the same thing I downloaded before.

Edited by dinh

I need to export a large store so I can import it into a new install. The products export fine but the very large attribute table always gives the following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\lightbulbsetc\InetPub\ftproot\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\lightbulbsetc\InetPub\ftproot\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 37

Is there any way to increase the timeout so I can run this export?

Hello all...

I have a question.

I am using easypopulate for my 950 items that I sell and I love it. However, I installed the PayPal IPN contribution to fix a paypal problem I was having, and now when I try to get to easypopulate.php through my browser, I get the following error...

Warning: main(includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/talktome/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

Warning: main(includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/talktome/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/talktome/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

From reading the error, it looks as though the browser can't find "includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php", but it's there...

If anyone else is using both of these contributions and can offer some assistance, that would be wonderful. Thanks so much!

Melanie

you will need to get some help from your host to be able to do this, if you do not have control over your php.ini

another way is to do it in sections, edit your easypopulate.php file and then download options one at of a time to a spreadsheet.

you can use quattropro 12 to open up to 18 some odd thousand columns. if you are only going to export then import to another site, then dont open the download, just reupload via ep to the new site.

Mibble,

I been looking for some answers on how to fix this problem of Easypopulate converting Quotes to " replace code and messing up the product description. I know you can just take out the quotes all together and fix the problem, although it shows up well under most browsers, the search engines frown highly on this type of sloppy code and even some will ignore the product descriptions done this way when theyt index the given page..

I noticed from a CLEAN install of OSC and a fresh standard install of EP (latest) the page is close to validated with only 8 errors in it, however once you take the quotes out it SKY rockets to 56 errors per product page. If you have over 300 products thats well over 16800 erros from the entire site....if gets spidered at all ??

My question is, have you figured out a way to keep the quotes in the code and get it to import the html in the descriptions without converting the quotes to " and breaking the description yet???

I have tested the EP contribution in many others way, and it works perfect, if you can help me figure this out, I believe it may also help a lot of others too

Hope you figured this out by now, you do a great job....with the advice

Capt.A :thumbsup:

look in your easy populate file,

line 01327: $items[$i] = str_replace('\"\"',""",$items[$i]);

01329: $items[$i] = str_replace('\"',""",$items[$i]);

01339: $items[$i] = str_replace('""',""",$items[$i]);

01341: $items[$i] = str_replace('"',""",$items[$i]);

there are move but that gives you an idea

User filename: EP2004Dec21-1111.txt.xls

needs to be saved as a txt file.

did you create the temp directory required with the proper paths and permissions of 777?

I have changed it to a txt file and have the correct directory with proper paths and permissions (at least I hope so), but still no changes.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpaavPrp

User filename: EP2005Jan03-2210.txt

Size: 83033

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, everyone, I'm having some problems with this wonderful, time saving contribution.

1) Whenever I create a froogle data feed file, the product location always comes out as http://your-domain.com instead of my ACTUAL domain which is unlimitedperfumes.com.

2) All products come out with a "Y" in the "In Stock" column, regardless of whether they are actually in stock or not.

Can someone PLEASE help me?

JP

Ok, I found the "your-domain" thing, but, that still doesn't help with the fact that every item is coming up with a "Y" in the "Stock" column...even the ones that are NOT in stock. Can anyone PLEASE help with this?

JP

i have the simplest of questions but that is because i am completely new with osc and php for that matter. in the setup for easy populate is says to create a temp folder in the catalog folder. i didnt find a catalog folder so i created one with a folder inside of it called temp. i tried to "Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir" and i got this error message:

Warning: fopen(/home/cleanfl/public_html/shop//catalog/temp/EP2005Jan04-2109.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 603

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 604

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 605

You can get your file in the Tools/Files under /catalog/temp/EPEP2005Jan04-2109.txt

i probably just need help finding out where my catalog folder is. i already have several hundred products that i put in one at a time. i now want to change the discription of each one but i dont want to have to do it one at a time. my website is www.cleanflixvideo.com if you want to look at it.

Instead of catalog, create the temp folder in the shop directory. See if that helps.

Bob G.

you have an error in your shop/admin/includes/configure.php file, shop//catalog

take a look, you have two // in there, you can either post the configure.php or edit it and fix it.

also as bob said, create the temp in /shop and give it 777 permissions.

any other questions/posts about easypopulate, post at the end:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64945

i set up a temp folder in shop folder like bob G. said. i was able to download a tab delimited txt file ok but now when i try to upload it and insert it into the db i get these error messages:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/cleanfl/public_html/shop//catalog/temp/EP2005Jan06-1010.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpgGyxuy' to '/home/cleanfl/public_html/shop//catalog/temp/EP2005Jan06-1010.txt' in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpgGyxuy

User filename: EP2005Jan06-1010.txt

Size: 691027

Warning: file(/home/cleanfl/public_html/shop//catalog/temp/EP2005Jan06-1010.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/cleanfl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

i think they are stemming from the same problem. i not sure how to change the php code to tell it the right place to put it . thanks for your help and patience

ok now i think ive added it to this post?

hope this is safe.

configuration.php file:

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

$configuration_value = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration_value']);

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cID));

break;

}

}

$gID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'])) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] : 1;

$cfg_group_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_group_title from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "'");

$cfg_group = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_group_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $cfg_group['configuration_group_title']; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_value, use_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "' order by sort_order");

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

if (tep_not_null($configuration['use_function'])) {

$use_function = $configuration['use_function'];

if (ereg('->', $use_function)) {

$class_method = explode('->', $use_function);

if (!is_object(${$class_method[0]})) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . $class_method[0] . '.php');

${$class_method[0]} = new $class_method[0]();

}

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($class_method[1], $configuration['configuration_value'], ${$class_method[0]});

} else {

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($use_function, $configuration['configuration_value']);

}

} else {

$cfgValue = $configuration['configuration_value'];

}

if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'] == $configuration['configuration_id']))) && !isset($cInfo) && (substr($action, 0, 3) != 'new')) {

$cfg_extra_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key, configuration_description, date_added, last_modified, use_function, set_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_id = '" . (int)$configuration['configuration_id'] . "'");

$cfg_extra = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_extra_query);

$cInfo_array = array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

$cInfo = new objectInfo($cInfo_array);

}

if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) {

echo ' <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";

} else {

echo ' <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";

}

?>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $configuration['configuration_title']; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($cfgValue); ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

switch ($action) {

case 'edit':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

if ($cInfo->set_function) {

eval('$value_field = ' . $cInfo->set_function . '"' . htmlspecialchars($cInfo->configuration_value) . '");');

} else {

$value_field = tep_draw_input_field('configuration_value', $cInfo->configuration_value);

}

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('configuration', FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=save'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br><b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b><br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description . '<br>' . $value_field);

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

default:

if (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) {

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->date_added));

if (tep_not_null($cInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->last_modified));

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo ' <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo ' </td>' . "\n";

}

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I have changed it to a txt file and have the correct directory with proper paths and permissions (at least I hope so), but still no changes.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpaavPrp

User filename: EP2005Jan03-2210.txt

Size: 83033

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem. Says everything uploaded (no errors), but no records get inserted.

I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get easypopulate to work.

If I use the upload function, the only staus returned is this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /localservices/phpupload/phpBMJ4UC

User filename: MinkaLavery.txt

Size: 35247

But no records are added.

I don't see anything wrong with the data or the configuration options (I did set the max categories to 2). My client is all ticked that I havent been able to get his data loaded yet and has a dozen spreadhseets waiting for me. I am really stuck. I can provide a link to the text file or I have pasted in two sample records below. I could really use a hand figuring this one out.

Here is a sample of my data:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price  Wholesale  Cost  v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1687-14 1687.jpg 3 Light ceiling flushmount with Alabaster glass shade <br> Nutmeg metal finish.  "Calavera Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width: 22.5"" x Height: 12.5""<br>Lamps:3 x 60Watt Medium Base" none $263.89  $203.92  $119.95  0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

466-63 466.jpg Single Light ceiling flushmount with etched Marble glass <br>Nouveau Bronze metal finish. "Nouveau Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width:11"" x Height:7.375"" <br> Lamps:1 x 60Watt Medium Base." none $36.30  $28.05  $16.50  0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Kerry

I Have the same problem. How did You solved it.

Ricky

I've just started using easyPopulate and after several false starts have finally got it working.

There's a useful topic connecting easyPopulate and register_globals=off at: "http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108825&hl=" which fixed my main problem that it wouldn't create any sort of download file due to dltype and download parameter not being recognised.

Anyway, my question is related to the download file that easyPopulate creates in tempdir. It creates the file as owner "apache" and 600 permissions (rw-------). This means when I ftp into the tempdir I can't actually access the file although I can see it in the directory listing (tempdir is set to 777 and owned by my ftp userid).

Any ideas what I haven't got setup correctly?

Thanks

Nige.