• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

are you running this locally on your system at home?  or do you have an apache2triad server out there with a host somewhere?

i dont think anyone has gone thru the code to make it compatible with php5, so you may be out of luck unless you do so.

This is actually on our store server, I can go to theolder version of Apache2Triad, but I would hate to scrap a weeks worth of server loading and tweeks.

Any idea how much effort it would require to make changes to the code, or what it would entail? I could do the work and post the changes as a contrib.

Thanks~!

turn on sql logging in the admin area of the store, and send me the log of the section while uploading using php5, as well as the server access log and error log file during that same time.

this will point to the area failing. be easier doing it that way then trying to figure out what things have changed reading the code.

most likely dealing with the attributes you have, what is it you are trying to accomplish?

Sorry if you that wasn't addressed to me, I wasn't sure so I thought I would respond just in case it was. The store owner wants to be able to download the complete listing, edit it and then upload the file again. I believe that he has been working on the attributes, how I am not sure.

I failed to mention in my previous post that if we try to download the Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file or create a Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir, it failes.

Regards

Robyn

go in and do partial downloads of the attributes this can be done via the easypopulate file, for the specific options

I deleted part of the attributes and it is working now, many thanks.

On another subject, is B2B component supported/compatiable with EasyPopulate?

Regards

Robyn

On another subject, is B2B component supported/compatiable with EasyPopulate?

I have installed Total B2B component and want to be able to upload/download using Easy Populate, is this possible? (After getting over my previously mentioned problems) I have downloaded using EP but didn't notice any different columns showing the four different pricing levels.

Should the pricing levels show up in the complete tab-delimited .txt file?

Regards

Robyn

they have to be added, in the 12 august download you can use the other version of easy populate and merge it with yours, i believe it has that pricing in there. or you can look at the fields in the current easypoplulate.php file, think they need uncommenting and verify the names.

they have to be added, in the 12 august download you can use the other version of easy populate and merge it with yours, i believe it has that pricing in there.  or you can look at the fields in the current easypoplulate.php file, think they need uncommenting and verify the names.

Many thanks, I will take another look and make sure I have the August 12th download and look through the easypopulate.php file again.

Many thanks for your support and patience.

Robyn

I am getting this error message when I go to catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:

Warning: Failed opening 'easypopulate_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/mercury5/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 164

I am using easypopulate 2.74. I do not have the file 'easypopulate_functions.php' can I download it somewhere or am I supposed to create it? Everything seems to be there apart from that. Sorry if i'm being a bit dim but I'm new to mysql and PHP :blush: Thanks for any help you can give me in advance :)

Kind regards Joanna

P.S.

//*******************************

// If you are running a pre-Nov1-2002 snapshot of OSC, then we need this include line to avoid

// errors like:

// undefined function tep_get_uploaded_file

if (!function_exists(tep_get_uploaded_file)){

Line 164-> include ('easypopulate_functions.php'); :huh:

}

//******************************

Half your problems aren't problems at all and the other half are only half as bad as you think they are :)

I downloaded 'easypopulate_functions.php' from easy populate 2.6 I followed the instructions, but I'm not a coder so am a little stuck as I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_class_title() in /home/mercury5/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 34

I am not sure if I should change this line, delete this line or add something to my dadabase tables? Can anyone help? I took a look at the easypopulate.php config notes but I don't really want to mess things up further :huh:

Also I do not understand this instruction:

OSC snapshots will need license.txt - the GPL license text that EasyPopulate (EP) is released under.

I don't know what OSC snapshots are? Any ideas as I'm lost :'( Thanks for any help you can give me in advance :)

Kind regards Joanna

Half your problems aren't problems at all and the other half are only half as bad as you think they are :)

it is included with the standard download of easy populate contribution, download the contribution and then upload that file

I take it your talking about the OSC snapshots? Any ideas regarding the error message? Thanks for the help but I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Which of the easy populate downloads is the standard one? Thanks for your help Mibble :) Sorry I'm a bit slow at the minute, stinking cold, not well :(

Joanna

Hi Vijay,

I had a strange problem with Easypopulate only loading the first line of the file.

I understood from another member that this is due to me using PhP 5.0.

Are there any plans to fix this (soon :-" )?

Thanks

Francis

download the 12 august contribution the file is in there

I take it your talking about the OSC snapshots? Any ideas regarding the error message?  Thanks for the help but I'm not sure I understand what you mean?  Which of the easy populate downloads is the standard one?  Thanks for your help Mibble :)  Sorry I'm a bit slow at the minute, stinking cold, not well  :(

Joanna

download the 12 august contribution the file is in there

Thanks Mibble, I downloaded 12 of August and installed as per instructions I think and it is now appearing in my admin :) but when I try to Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit I get the following message:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_master as v_products_master, p.products_master_status as v_products_master_status, p.products_listing_status as v_products_listing_status, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

Do I need to set up an extra table in my database? Or an extra field? Everything else seems to be working fine except Froogle which has the same message :(

Thanks for you help it's really appreciated :blush:

Kind regards Joanna

the only think i had wanted you to copy is the functions file for easypopulate, as that was the error you were having. use the original easypopulate file you were using. i am not sure where the products master is coming from in the file, as that is from master products.

the only think i had wanted you to copy is the functions file for easypopulate, as that was the error you were having.  use the original easypopulate file you were using.  i am not sure where the products master is coming from in the file, as that is from master products.

Okay, I have the original 2.74 easypopulate.php with the 2.6 easypopulate_functions.php and I am still getting the same error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_master as v_products_master, p.products_master_status as v_products_master_status, p.products_listing_status as v_products_listing_status, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

any ideas? :huh: Thanks again for your help :blush:

Kind regards Joanna

Mibble, I took a look through all my products tables and can not find a master products table or a master products field. could this be the problem? And if so where should I add this field. If I need to add a table called master products what fields should it have. I have a table which is just called products which has the product_id etc... in it?

Table products

products_id int(11) No auto_increment Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_quantity int(4) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_model varchar(12) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_image varchar(64) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_price decimal(15,4) No 0.0000 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_date_added datetime No 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_last_modified datetime Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_date_available datetime Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_weight decimal(5,2) No 0.00 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_status tinyint(1) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_tax_class_id int(11) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

manufacturers_id int(11) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_ordered int(11) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

Check All / Uncheck All With selected: Or

Does this help at all?

where did you get the easypopulate.php file? the 12 aug didnt have the pointer to the master products, so i think you have downloaded a different one.

i will download the version i uploaded and see what it has in there.

ok i took a look at what you have, the latest (30 oct) has master products as the easypopulate file, also it does not have the easypopulate_functions.php file, it does not contain any documentation, only one file. personally i wish people would leave things alone, if they dont want to put the complete contribution there as a default and then add theirs in a different directory, explaining the differences.

so go back and download the 12 AUG version, and use that.

ok i took a look at what you have, the latest (30 oct) has master products as the easypopulate file, also it does not have the easypopulate_functions.php file, it does not contain any documentation, only one file.  personally i wish people would leave things alone, if they dont want to put the complete contribution there as a default and then add theirs in a different directory, explaining the differences.

so go back and download the 12 AUG version, and use that.

It works!!! :D I can not tell you how pleased I am, I'm not sure how i'm going to transfer the data yet as I haven't set up the products in the spreadsheet properly yet, but I think I'm halfway home now! Thanks Mibble UR a STAR! :thumbsup:

Big hugs and Kisses Joanna xXx :blush:

Hi Vijay,

I had a strange problem with Easypopulate only loading the first line of the file.

I understood from another member that this is due to me using PhP 5.0.

Are there any plans to fix this (soon :-" )?

Thanks

Francis

I am having the same problem. It looks like everything is working fine but when I check the catalog only the product on the first line is loaded. I am also using PHP 5. I have been able to overcome other compatibility problems but I'm stumped on this one. Does anyone know why Easy Populate doesn't work with PHP 5 or can suggest any fixes? Any other upload contributions that work similiar to Easy Populate that may work? Any help is much appreciated. I have many products to load. Thank You.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpc6WdRt

User filename: EP2004Nov05-14021.txt

Size: 41308

Warning: file(/home/store/public_html/magazin/tempEP2004Nov05-14021.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/store/public_html/magazin/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/store/public_html/magazin/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

I can not get out of this error. I have a /magazin/temp/ folder, with 777 permissions.

I have only 170 products in database.

Please help me because I don't now what more I can do.

With many thanks!!