• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi... I have searched through this tread a bit but couldnt' find an answer for the following problem.

This is the error that I get when attempting to add a product, even just one at a time from the admin CP:

1062 - Duplicate entry '4' for key 1

insert into products_groups (products_id, products_price, customers_group_id, customers_group_price) values ('37', '40', '4', '40.00')

none of my customers_group_id or customers_group_price are set to auto increment.

I have Separate Pricing per Customer, Add Customers via Admin, and EP - all the newset versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

I've got a problem with my Easy Populate 2.74...

i installed easy populate on an absolutely new and untouched oscommerce. but unfortunately it doesn't work. it is no problem to download a proper tab-delimitered *.txt file. but when i try to upload it again only the first product is inserted. -> | 008805 | 05.jpg | Aquarellpi | Rundpinsel | www.pinsel | 2.4 | 0.15 | | 2004-11-03 | 100 | | Kunst & Gr | Aquarell | Pinsel | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| 007301 73 |

as you can see only the first line is updated. the second line stops after the v_products_model entry -> | 007301 73 |

it's also strange that the product number is wrong. it should only be 007301...

i hope somebody can offer some help...

Hi, This is my first post and i am a noob to oscommerce. I have come along way in setting my store up. I just got easypopulate up an running. I do have one problem. I need to be able to upload "specials" for all my products (over 1000 of them) has anyone come up with a mod for easy populate to handle it? I did some reading in the fourms here and saw a post that the specials were in a seperate table and easy populate would need to modified for it to work. If it helps i am using version 2.74. Please help....its the only thing i need to upload my store and go live.

Thanks.

Edited by cnroth5863

This a bit of an Urgent problem. I just noticed that after importing products with EP the prices of the products have been modified and are lower than they should be. For example, I imported one product whose price was 83.16 and that is what EP results screen show it being imported as. Then I look in the database and the price is 78.2682. That is not good. I have thousands of products on the site and can't be checking and even changing prices for every one of them.

Any idea why the price would be changed? Does the "$price_with_tax" thing change prices? If it did, I would think it would make the price more, not less.

This site is live and people are purchasing things at these lower prices. This is going to hurt my bottom line. I have searched OSC and this thread particularly and didn't see anything specific to this problem.

Help?

Thanks,

Jonathan Duncan

JKD Web Magic

Web Site Hosting and Design

http://www.jkdwebmagic.com/

read thru the easypopulate.php file, as there are numerous settings in there and one is dealing with tax. set it to false. i recommend reading the complete file, as is stated in the documentation.

you would need to add definitions to your ep file to pull and put the data for the specials table, i dont think anyone has done that, although i could be wrong.

same with the new fields, if they are not hard coded fields but fields in another table, then the code has to be written to do that.

read thru the easypopulate.php file, as there are numerous settings in there and one is dealing with tax.  set it to false.  i recommend reading the complete file, as is stated in the documentation.

I noticed that tax setting earlier, as I mentioned before. I did as you suggested and changed it and now the prices are correct. I didn't change it before because the price difference was more than our tax setting, so I figured it was something else. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Jonathan Duncan

JKD Web Magic

Web Site Hosting and Design

http://www.jkdwebmagic.com/

I am having a problem with EP 2.74 and attributes and I tried reading through the form to find an answer before I posted. If I have attributes assigned to products and I export the products with EP the attributes are listed for All products rending the file useless to reimport unless I do a lot of deleting.

Is there a fix for this problem or a way I can stop the export of attributes altogether?

per your post earlier:

Is there a fix for this problem or a way I can stop the export of attributes altogether?

thus my response. so tell me what you are wanting to do, since you dont want to stop the export.

per your post earlier:

thus my response.? so tell me what you are wanting to do, since you dont want to stop the export.

I would like to do an export of the products database and have it export properly, not with attributes listed for products that never had attributes set for them in the first place so I can just do my inventory updates and re-import the file without having to do major edits of the file each time to remove the attributes on products that don't have them.

If the code cannot be fixed to export properly, is there a way I can stop the atrributes from exporting and have a file with everything else in it?

Edited by ecdiscounts

found the solution for the problem... as it seems php5 is the reason. now i'm running easypopulate under php4 and everything works fine... strange...

Ok, since I have the same problem, and I have PHP5, and I cannot go to PHP4 since I am running the APACHE2TRIAD package, can anyone tell me what to change in PHP5 to make this work, or what I need to do in EASYPOPULATE to fix this???

Help??

Please??

:'(

Hi all

I Installed EP in a fresh install for OSC. I am able to upload products however when I split the file it will delete my original file and say that 0 records added.

I have 11,000 products in my database. I don't know what to do because I don't get any errors.

Thanks

Ian Falu

The file and directory has permissions 777

are you running this locally on your system at home? or do you have an apache2triad server out there with a host somewhere?

i dont think anyone has gone thru the code to make it compatible with php5, so you may be out of luck unless you do so.

Ok, since I have the same problem, and I have PHP5, and I cannot go to PHP4 since I am running the APACHE2TRIAD package, can anyone tell me what to change in PHP5 to make this work, or what I need to do in EASYPOPULATE to fix this???

Help??

Please??

:'(

do u have eoreor at the end of each line? check your server access and error logs to see what may be happening at the time you are uploading the file.

easypopulate doesnt delete the file, when you split, it creates new files and places them in the temp directory, then you have to type in the name of the file created. splitting is not importing.

Hi all

I Installed EP in a fresh install for OSC. I am able to upload products however when I split the file it will delete my original file and say that 0 records added.

I have 11,000 products in my database. I don't know what to do because I don't get any errors.

Thanks

Ian Falu

The file and directory has permissions 777

Edited by Mibble

I am having no luck downloading a complete listing using either options (Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit or Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir). However, we are able to download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file & Model/Category tab-delimited .txt.

We have increased the timeout settings in the server php.ini file to 10 minutes but wen are still unable to download the complete listing. Although we would prefer not to have the timeout setting quite that high.

The store currently has around 7,000 items.

We are using PCs and have tried both IE and Firefox.

Has anyone else had experienced similar problems? If so, how did you resolve the problem?

Regards

Robyn