• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

i have not had problems with them.  are you selecting the symbol from the insert, symbols menu?

i have the symbols right on the cart , when i download them quattro gets them alright, its in the file after i have made the changes and saved it.

after the upload all the characters change

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

you will not have a file located in tmp, because you are going directly into the database. it appears you have uncommented the header tags controller fields, but do not have the header tags controller contribution installed. find all instances in the easypopulate.php file and comment them out.

also your temp file locations (this is different, where you ftp files to or the app creates the ones you do not want to download) from the /tmp that the system creates while uploading the data.

Hi,

Please forgive the long post. I am trying to give as much information as you might need based on the previous posts I've read.

I am a newbie user with a pretty clean installation of OScommerce. I added one contribution and it is working (ultrapics with the html editor) after adding that contribution, I tried Easy Populate.  I've read as many threads as I can find looking for the same error messages, tried some that didn't help, deleted all files and started over several times.

Oscommerce is uploaded to a "Catalog" file. The temp file inside "Catalog"  is named "temp" and the access is 777, my catalog file is 777.

I changed the easypopulate.php temp directory setting to

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "temp/";

I also tried

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalogtemp/";

I changed the product attributes to "false"

I changed the catagory limit to 20

and I put my domain in the Froogle configuration.

I deleted all demo products in the original catalog, added one new one from the admin panel, downloaded the file, added another new item following the data that was in the original, saved it as tab delimited file (excel is version 2002)

(I've tried uploading both .txt and .xls files)

I get the following note when I try to upload from my hard drive:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpXrWsAP

User filename: test2.xls

Size: 1906

| 1 | MARBLE TOP | Louis XVI | www.auctio | | | | 000001a.jp | | | 000001b.jp | 000001b.jp | | 000001c.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001g.jp | 000001g.jp | 35 | 1 | 70 | | | 9/12/2004 | | Furniture | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1054 - Unknown column 'products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag) VALUES ( '32', 1, 'MARBLE TOP ORMOLU TWO DRAWER CHEST', 'Louis XVI style chest which measures 35 1/2" high x 48" wide x 19" deep. Ornate ormolu and inlay styling. Slight wear and blemishes to finish. Generally good condition.', 'www.auctionsneapolitan.com/catalog/products/000001a.JPG', '', '', '')

After upload, there is no file in my temp directory called phpXnvyOj

The data is unchanged and the new item is not added.

I get this error when I upload using the "tmp" directory

Filename: temp/test2.xls

| 1 | MARBLE TOP | Louis XVI | www.auctio | | | | 000001a.jp | | | 000001b.jp | 000001b.jp | | 000001c.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001g.jp | 000001g.jp | 35 | 1 | 70 | | | 9/12/2004 | | Furniture | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag) VALUES ( '32', 1, 'MARBLE TOP ORMOLU TWO DRAWER CHEST', 'Louis XVI style chest which measures 35 1/2" high x 48" wide x 19" deep. Ornate ormolu and inlay styling. Slight wear and blemishes to finish. Generally good condition.', 'www.auctionsneapolitan.com/catalog/products/000001a.JPG', '', '', '')

I am not at all educated in most of the processes involved here, but did try and change the Data base "logging" options on my configuration panel. I got immediate errors pointing to the Logger.php file line 49

After uploading a file from the hard drive I got the same errors and the following:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpet8eZw

User filename: test2.xls

Size: 1906

Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/auctio13/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

| 1 | MARBLE TOP | Louis XVI | www.auctio | | | | 000001a.jp | | | 000001b.jp | 000001b.jp | | 000001c.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001d.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001e.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001f.jp | 000001g.jp | 000001g.jp | 35 | 1 | 70 | | | 9/12/2004 | | Furniture | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active

Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/auctio13/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

Updated

[TEP STOP

(the warning error involving line 49 of the logger.php showed 14 times)

After uploading via the /temp file I got the following

Filename: temp/test2.xls

plus all of the same error messages as above

I checked my server to see if I had any Raw Access Logs and either I don't, or I don't know how to get them. (downloading and opening with WinZip does not yield anything)

Any help in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated. I've reinstalled and checked and double checked, and triple checked everything I can find in the documentations.

Thank you

Dovetails

prior to uploading, and after you have exported to a text file, then open the text file and find the product you yave those symbols in and see what they look like. could be somehow quattro is mangling things.

i have the symbols right on the cart , when i download them quattro gets them alright, its in the file after i have made the changes and saved it.

after the upload all the characters change

post the column after conversion to a text file, so we can see what that looks like.

Please Note:  This is a cross-post - I posted to the generic contributions support forum before finding this dedicated thread, so apologies for any confusion ...

Hi there

I'm using EasyPopulate to import approx. 1500 products into an OSCommerce database, and everything is going great except for one thing.

When an item's price is over a certain limit (I'm guessing around $1500), for some reason the price gets converted to a whole dollar value, a thousandth of the actual value (eg. $1500 is converted to $1, $2300 is converted to $2 and so on). It seems to be fine with values over $1000, but less than $1500 though!

Another anomoly is that when EasyPopulate reports on the item prices after after the csv upload, it is actually reporting the correct pricing, even though the prices are being inserted incorrectly into the database.

It seems to have nothing to do with taxes (I have tried it with inclusive tax enabled and disabled).

Has anybody had a similar experience, or is anyone able to point me in a direction that would enable me to solve the problem?

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Shaun

prior to uploading, and after you have exported to a text file, then open the text file and find the product you yave those symbols in and see what they look like. could be somehow quattro is mangling things.

i have done that , quatro has exported it it fine(at least as far as i can see) and the special symbols are there in the file that is ready to be uploaded

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

post the column after conversion to a text file, so we can see what that looks like.

I'm using a csv provided by a wholesaler, then using the EasyPopulate Tools to manipulate that and output an EasyPopulate-friendly csv for insertion into the database.

Here are the various stages of a typical row:

Before Conversion:

Monitor|Samsung Plasma|Screen|MON-PPM63H3|PPM63H3|Samsung 63" Plasma TV|63" Samsung PPM63H3 Plasma TV, dim. 1503.4 x 893.8 x 89mm, 69Kg, Native Resolution 1366 x 768, Contrast 1000:1, 16.7 million colors (256 RGB levels), Burn-in Protection, Multi Display Screen, Picture in Picture, Picture by Picture, Digital Power Management Signaling System, Digital Zoom, Picture Freeze, Plug & Play, Key Lock, Matix Video Wall, Auto Power Off|1|21,021.82|23,124.00|5|21,013.64|23,115.00|10|21,005.45|23,106.00|0|21,844.
55|24,029.00|1/01/1999|1/01/1999|Item|0|0|0|0|0|3-year on-site| | |1133,|

After Conversion (by pulling out the relevent fields):

MON-PPM63H3	1133.jpg	Samsung 63" Plasma TV	63" Samsung PPM63H3 Plasma TV, dim. 1503.4 x 893.8 x 89mm, 69Kg, Native Resolution 1366 x 768, Contrast 1000:1, 16.7 million colors (256 RGB levels), Burn-in Protection, Multi Display Screen, Picture in Picture, Picture by Picture, Digital Power Management Signaling System, Digital Zoom, Picture Freeze, Plug & Play, Key Lock, Matix Video Wall, Auto Power Off  21,021.82	0                                                Monitor	Samsung Plasma	Screen	GST  EOREOR

EasyPopulate Output after insertion:

| MON-PPM63H | 1133.jpg | Samsung 63 | 63" Sam | | 21,021.82 | 0 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Monitor | Samsung Pl | Screen | GST |

OSCommerce Price Listing after insertion:

http://www.shaunjohnston.id.au/demo/oscomm...roducts_id=2122

You'll notice that at every stage, except at the final output, the price is $21021.82. However, in the OSCommerce database, and hence on the product page (above), the price is $21.10. This is happening for all products over $1500.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks for your time.

Good morning and thank you for letting me know where the error was.

Before I start trying to learn "commenting out" ........ Is the Header Tag Controller a very popular contribution that I will soon regret NOT having?

Also to avoid doing this again, do you have any recommendations for other very useful contributions that I should add while my files are relatively clean? I don't want to set the world on fire in terms of innovation. Just hoping for other good stable contributions that you've found to be excellent time savers and which order might be best to intall.

This has been an incredible journey for someone with absolutely no experience. I feel like a gawky Alice in Wonderland and am very greatful that the people on this forum are so terrific about sharing information and help. (Mibble, you are by far one of the most generous.)

i use header tags controller. i also use the froogle portion of easypopulate, have modified mine to match all of the fields which froogle has listed.

i didnt look at osCommerce until November, however have learned quite a bit about it. course, since that is what i now do for a living, since i got bored, it is useful.

Good morning and thank you for letting me know where the error was.

Before I start trying to learn "commenting out" ........ Is the Header Tag Controller a very popular contribution that I will soon regret NOT having?

Also to avoid doing this again, do you have any recommendations for other very useful contributions that I should add while my files are relatively clean? I don't want to set the world on fire in terms of innovation. Just hoping for other good stable contributions that you've found to be excellent time savers and which order might be best to intall.

This has been an incredible journey for someone with absolutely no experience. I  feel like a gawky Alice in Wonderland and am very greatful that the people on this forum are so terrific about sharing information and help. (Mibble, you are by far one of the most generous.)

I am using Easy Popluate and having a few issues.

1. For the recort I have added new product fields and ezier new fields

To my categories as well as easypopulate.

What I am running into is one of my new fields is being populated with the price for that item. So for Item A the actual price is showing up in the Price area as well as the value for the New Field.

I went into Admin and actually changed 1 of the values of the New Field and it did change on the site. After doing that it seems as if Easy Populate is not entering the data correctly.

I have 1200 items and many of the descriptions have % ' , etc......is this causing the problem?

I went back and added some items manually and then downloaded the file in easy populate. There are a few fields that are blank. I do I put in the blank fields?

Few of the blank fields are

v_products_url

v_categories_name_2

v_categories_name_3

Not sure if I am supposed to leave blank? I would think this would cause all items to change destination. If I take the entire field out that does not match up with the database either?

THanks for your help

1.  For the recort I have added new product fields and ezier new fields

What I am running into is one of my new fields is being populated with the price for that item.  So for Item A the actual price is showing up in the Price area as well as the value for the New Field.

I went into Admin and actually changed 1 of the values of the New Field and it did change on the site.  After doing that it seems as if Easy Populate is not entering the data correctly.

I have 1200 items and many of the descriptions have % ' , etc......is this causing the problem?

Hi there,

I was wondering this.

In EP prices are handeld with the . asdivider like 30.00 for 30 dollars.

We use a , for dividing it like 30,00 for 30 euros.

Is it possable to have EP work with the , instead of the .?

I now have to do a text search in my "upload.txt" file for a , but these are also used in text fields.

So it's quite an operation to filter wich . to change to a , and which not.

Does someone fixed this problem already?

If so please share it here.

Thanks.

for your field not getting the right price, you will need to see in the easypopulate.php source what the name of the field is versus the name of the field being populated. it is most likely not pointing to the same field in the database as where you want the price to go. easy enough fix, just will take reading thru the code, and tie it to the database.

What I am running into is one of my new fields is being populated with the price for that item.  So for Item A the actual price is showing up in the Price area as well as the value for the New Field.

I went into Admin and actually changed 1 of the values of the New Field and it did change on the site.  After doing that it seems as if Easy Populate is not entering the data correctly.

this one i think you will need to start with the database and change the format there, as the field is defined as decimal, 15,4

Hi there,

I was wondering this.

In EP prices are handeld with the . asdivider like 30.00 for 30 dollars.

We use a , for dividing it like 30,00 for 30 euros.

Is it possable to have EP work with the , instead of the .?

I now have to do a text search in my "upload.txt" file for a , but these are also used in text fields.

So it's quite an operation to filter wich . to change to a , and which not.

Does someone fixed this problem already?

If so please share it here.

Thanks.

any fields you are not using can be left blank. if you are not going to use more than one category, you can change the setting in the easypopulate.php file, by setting category level to 1.

I went back and added some items manually and then downloaded the file in easy populate.  There are a few fields that are blank.  I do I put in the blank fields? 

Few of the blank fields are

v_products_url

v_categories_name_2

v_categories_name_3

Not sure if I am supposed to leave blank?  I would think this would cause all items to change destination.  If I take the entire field out that does not match up with the database either? 

THanks for your help

this one i think you will need to start with the database and change the format there, as the field is defined as decimal, 15,4

But then my shop will show the prices like ? 30.00 instead of the ? 30,00 we use.

That's the oppposite as what I needed.

When I enter prices in Excel, they get set as 12,3456 (Dutch standard).

When uploading this txt file with EP it shows as 123456.0000 as product price.

Probably I could get a bypass of this problem when having a empty US based excel sheet.

In this prices are defaulted to 12.3456 (US standard) and thus after uploading will be shown as 12,3456.

i guess you didnt understand what i said. currently the products_price field is defined as decimal 15,4 and you will have to define it differently

But then my shop will show the prices like ? 30.00 instead of the ? 30,00 we use.

That's the oppposite as what I needed.

When I enter prices in Excel, they get set as 12,3456 (Dutch standard).

When uploading this txt file with EP  it shows as 123456.0000 as product price.

Probably I could get a bypass of this problem when having a empty US based excel sheet.

In this prices are defaulted to 12.3456 (US standard) and thus after uploading will be shown as 12,3456.

Any Ideas why the info is going to the wrong fields? If I am able to leave fields blank that I am not using, any ideas why values would change fields?

without seeing your datafile and your easypopulate file, it is hard to tell why. is why i said you would have to read thru your file, your datafile, and then compare with the two with what is going on.

without seeing your datafile and your easypopulate file, it is hard to tell why. is why i said you would have to read thru your file, your datafile, and then compare with the two with what is going on.

i guess you didnt understand what i said.  currently the products_price field is defined as decimal 15,4 and you will have to define it differently

Could you help me a little further, as my knowledge doesn't get that far.

What does the 15 represent?

15 figures for the . or , is a lot of money to buy online!

Probably the 4 means the 4 digits after the . or ,?

And do I need to change it to 15.4 then?

And if I do, does it influence my present prices without any problem?

Thanks so far.

Hi,

I am using EP 2.60 . I just got a merchant account for Froogle, so I tried to enable the Froogle portion of the code. When I click on 'create tab delimited froogle file, I'm immediately getting an undefined function message.

First, I looked in EP functions and there is no function with this label.

Second, I downloaded EP again, thinking I had a corrupted file, but the ep function page looked the same.

Third, I've read thru a zillion and a half forum posts(a slight exaggeration), trying to find that problem discussed and have found nothing.

Fourth, I'm here asking for help!

NOTE: I'm having no problem uploading .txt files to populate my store.

Thanks for any help, Patti

THIS IS THE MESSAGE I'M GETTING

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /mnt/web_h/d25/s27/b01e82b4/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1080

THIS IS THE SECTION IN EASYPOPULATE.PHP

// foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang){

// $l_id = $lang['id'];

$filelayout = tep_array_merge($filelayout , array(

'v_froogle_products_name_' . $l_id => $iii++,

'v_froogle_products_description_' . $l_id => $iii++,

));

// }

$filelayout = tep_array_merge($filelayout , array(

'v_products_price' => $iii++,

'v_products_fullpath_image' => $iii++,

'v_category_fullpath' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_offer_id' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_instock' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_ shipping' => $iii++,

'v_manufacturers_name' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_ upc' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_color' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_size' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_quantitylevel' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_product_id' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_manufacturer_id' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_exp_date' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_product_type' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_delete' => $iii++,

'v_froogle_currency' => $iii++,

));

$iii=0;

$fileheaders = array(

'product_url' => $iii++,

'name' => $iii++,

'description' => $iii++,

'price' => $iii++,

'image_url' => $iii++,

'category' => $iii++,

'offer_id' => $iii++,

'instock' => $iii++,

'shipping' => $iii++,

'brand' => $iii++,

'upc' => $iii++,

'color' => $iii++,

'size' => $iii++,

'quantity' => $iii++,

'product_id' => $iii++,

'manufacturer_id' => $iii++,

'exp_date' => $iii++,

'product_type' => $iii++,

'delete' => $iii++,

'currency' => $iii++,

);

per the history txt file:

Replaced tep_array_merge with array_merge to bring up to MS2 Standards.

which means you are using an older version of easypopulate, as the current version does not have that in there.

the froogle function needs to be updated to match the current requirements, i have not had enough time to do that yet.

per the history txt file:

Replaced tep_array_merge with array_merge to bring up to MS2 Standards.

which means you are using an older version of easypopulate, as the current version does not have that in there.

the froogle function needs to be updated to match the current requirements, i have not had enough time to do that yet.

back again,

after messing with the contribution some more , changing adding and trying differant things,and not forgetting to back up my database, i am gettin a strange outcome.

to begin with all the quotation marks(") were downloaded as quotaion marks. now they are downloaded as " . it doesnt seem to give anybother but i wanted to check here before continuing.