• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Mibbles, 1st I'd like to thank you for your overall support in the forums... Your insight and kindness have helped many including myself.

Anyways, down to the issue.

In easy populate, when I upload HTML, all my <font size=> gets messed up.

here's an example...

<font size=Ś">

Only the font size tag is being affected when I upload the html via easypopulate. I suspect since the actual code is supposed to be

<font size="5">

the 1st quote mark is affecting it.

Any Ideas on how to get past this problem? Also, I've tried using the option inside the ep file for extensive html. I've had it both ways, and it goes from kinda pain in the but to won't load data at all. But if I switch it back it's back to the incorrect quotes.

$replace_quotes = true;

the temp directory goes in the catalog, ie /catalog/temp

if you have admin access with levels you wlll have to add easypopulate.php as an authorized file.

your temp directory listing is in the top of the easypopulate.php file, read thru the complete thing.

I reset the admin permissions and no longer get the "You are not authorized to view this page, please go back" error. I get a new one now. :)

Warning: main(includes/database_tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site2/web/osc/eshop-admin/easypopulate.php on line 157

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/database_tables.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sites/site2/web/osc/eshop-admin/easypopulate.php on line 157

I've searched through the directories on the server and can't seem to find the file database_tables.php. My searches of the forum here didn't turn up anything that seem to fit my situation.

Anyone?

Let me see if I can write this question so that it makes sense...

I'm trying to use EP to upload attribs and options. I've downloaded the file from EP and imported it into xcel. It spans three sheets. The first sheet loads after I make changes and add the EOREOR at the end. The second and third sheet will not load and messes up the DB if I try to load them. The first sheet column headers are like this:

v_products_model, v_attribute_options_id_1, v_attribute_options_name_1_1, v_attribute_values_id_1_1, v_attribute_values_price_1_1, v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 and that just repeats until the end of the file (not including the first three).

The forth column being were the attribs start and is populated with a "1".

On the second sheet the first three columns are the same and "v_attribute_values_id_85_85" starts at "85" with a value of "86" in the column.

Should I be able to load the second and third sheet or is EP expecting it all in one file.

Any ideas? Anyone?

So long as you put the v_products_model as the first collumn in each sheet it should take whatever you put in. I think you may be splitting it without the v_products_model

I use a different sheet for almost everything, each vendor has its own sheet, I can upload model, attributes, availability dates or whatever.

Maybe someone can answer this question for me.

How can I delete all of the product options and attributes and start from scratch?

Thanks

Go into the ep file itself and switch off the require attributes option so that the download doesnt download the attributes.

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = false;

If your like me with thousands of options then excel wont open the download right as it has a field limit I believe.

Or you could try open office which doesnt have a limit and would open any size.

Hope this helped.

to delete the product options and attributes, you need to do that from the backroom of the store (forever and a day) or you can do it via accessing the database, tables involved are products_options, products_options_values, products_options_values_to_products_options, products_attributes

What is the best way of getting 'Easy Populate' Contribution to work with the 'Extra Fields' Contribution?

I've donw a search on the forums and read all 74 pages of this thread without finding what I need. I've seen help on adding new fields manualy in os commerce and adding them to easy populate, but no help on the Extra Fields contribution, as the extra fields are in a different table in the database, how would I tell easy populate to get those fields for download, and also where to put those fields in an upload???? :blink:

Any help would be much apreciated

you are going to have to point for the new fields in the respective table. i added my 30 additional fields into the products table, which made it a piece of cake on integration with easy populate.

Sorry if this is a re-post, but searching the forums has been fruitless.

Is there a bug in easy populate that does not allow it to work with products that have no categories? Perhaps you aren't "supposed" to do this anyway, but for various reasons I've been loading my products at the base level. When I tried to download the complete tab-delimited file I just got the first line of variable names and no products. I was pulling my hair out then tested by creating a category and putting a product in it. That product showed up correctly when I ran easy populate.

I'm looking at the Easy Populate code, but not yet sure where this problem should be fixed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

c

f your like me with thousands of options then excel wont open the download right as it has a field limit I believe.

Or you could try open office which doesnt have a limit and would open any size.

Hope this helped.

nope, didnt help, i installed open office and it seems to have the same limitation as excel and would not open any column betond 'IV'= 256

am i usint the wrong app ? i am using openoffice.org 1.1.2

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

i am reaiding this repay for aover an hour and still not found any answers.

what can be done when the text file comes up with over 256 columns ?

any solution for this ?

i have a computer store and i m using the attributes to configure the computers (add or reduce memory HDD grafix, etc...) i have a few categorys and hence getting loads of attributtes , this is a nusense in its self but one that can be delt with.

however what can be done with the 256 spreadsheet limitation ? is there any other proggy that will deal with it ?

access opens it up easy enough but throws errors when trying to save it.

whats the best solutin to this ?

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

a few pages back, one of the users uses multiple sheets for his products. one contains the products with no attributes, then the other sheets contain the model # and the attributes, or sections of, if they become too large.

@mibbles how do i split the records so they maintain their integrity ?

is there no offline sql tool that would allow to deal with large databases ?

excuse the ignorance if its a silly question, i am as green as can be...

no offline tool for that. without knowing if you are using attributes (i assume you are, else the sheet doesnt go that large), you just go into your easypopulate.php file and select which attributes you want to download.

all the data integrity is maintained, as long as you upload a main copy of the product, then use other sheets for attributes

I've been trying to use multiple pages and have never been able to get it to work. If I understand it correctly I should be able to have the model number and then the attrib. info all the way out to 255 columns with the last being eoreor.

When I do this the first one loads ok but the 2nd one overwrites evrything and then I have no attribs. Even if I load the 2nd one first it still does not work. If anybody knows why I'm all ears.

Howard

this is my site : www.complete-computer-care.co.uk

i do use attributes, but i dont have a clue about php or any programming for that matter.what do u mean by uploading a 'main copy' do i not need to upload the entire thing ?and when i split them(though i dont know how to do it and still make sure that i split in the right place and that no record ben omited) how do i put them back together if excel wont except longer rows ?

what about access would it not be better to use that ?

just found a solution!!!

Corel Quattro Pro offer up to 1 million rows and 18,000 columns.

just should be enough.....for the time being