• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Thanks John,

I have actually written a Windows application which creates the data files. But I am only exporting small chunks at a time & I'm only experimenting with 6 columns at the moment, so the amount of data is very small.

regards, Dave

Hi John,

The windows app pull's data from a database. That is not the issue, I know the data is essentially fine. I can export it and the tab delimiters. But it is undertanding the format and what the import routine is doing and what are it's capabilities and limitations...

cheers, Dave

once you understand how products options, attributes, and how they are added to a product would help.

so here is how osC works with this.

option must be created, does so in one talbe only

attribute is created, done so in another table.

at that time, it is tied back to the option table via another table.

attribute tied to product in another table again with price, sort, weight.

it is not a simple process of inserting things into one table. it does each of these individually.

I am using EP 2.72 with attributes. I need some negative amounts but when I put a -15 in the amount column it comes up as -$-15.00 in OsC, thus making it a positive.

What do I need to do.

Thanks

Charles

I have made changes to the froogle section of easypopulate, thus making it compatible with how froogle/google wants the file.

after that, i will be working on the auto ftp portion, thus it could be scheduled via cron.

email me if needed.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm new at this. I want to use this for my computer hardware store that I'm starting, but what I don't understand is the downloading part. Where and how are you downloading the product info to upload to your site? :(

Go New England Patriots!!!!

what you need to do is setup EP the way the instructions ask, then download a file from the admin section. then you can open the file in excel, you will see the products currently on the site. if you dont have any, add one manually, then you will see where the specific items go.

probably to do that anyway, just cuz . ..

then once you put everything into your spreadsheet, just import into osCommerce.

this way you not only have your store data in MySQL but in Excel.

hello i am having problems with easy populate , it runs fine but for my description the color changes This is what i am using for my description

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<title>○○○○ FEATURES</title>

</head>

<body>

<p> </p>    <p align="left"><font color="#d2d2d2" face="Century Gothic,Arial">○○○○ </font>  <b>  <font face="Century Gothic,Arial" color="#808080">FEATURES</font></b></p> 

<table border=0 width="56%" height=79 id="table22">  <tr>   

<td height=24 width=ඛ">    <p align="left"><font color="#808080">○</font></td>   

<td height=24 width=蘨">   

<font face="Century Gothic,Arial" size="2" color="#808080"> Excellent

quality</font></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td height=25 width=ඛ"><font color="#808080">○</font></td>   

<td height=25 width=蘨">

<p align="left"><font face="Century Gothic" size="2" color="#808080">

Yellow new york Shirt with Red/Yellow Logo</font></td>  </tr>  <tr>    <td height=൤" width=ඛ"><font color="#808080">○</font></td>    <td height=൤" width=蘨">   

<font face="Century Gothic" size="2" color="#808080">     Size L</font></td>  </tr>  </table>  <p> </p>  <table border="1" width="278" height="25" id="table26">  <tr>    <td height="21" width="128" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" bordercolor="#000000" align="right">    <font face="Century Gothic" size="1">AVAILABLE    </font></td>    <td height="21" width="140" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" bordercolor="#000000">    <p align="left">    <span style="background-color: #EAEAEA">    <font face="Century Gothic" size="1" color="#808080"> </font><font face="Century Gothic" size="1">Immediately</font></span></td>  </tr>  </table>  <table border="1" width="278" height="25" id="table27">  <tr>   

<td height="19" width="128" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" bordercolor="#000000">    <p align="right"><font face="Century Gothic" size="1">MATERIAL    </font></td>   

<td height="19" width="140" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" bordercolor="#000000">   

<p align="left"><font face="Century Gothic" size="1"> 100% Cotton</font></td>  </tr>  </table>  <table border="1" width="278" height="25" id="table28">  <tr>    <td height="21" width="128" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" bordercolor="#000000">    <p align="right"><font face="Century Gothic" size="1">MAIN COLOR    </font></td>    <td height="21" width="140" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" bordercolor="#000000">    <p align="left">

<font face="Century Gothic" size="1"> Yellow</font></td>  </tr>  </table>

</body>

</html>

thankyou

you have some strange characters in there,

<font color="#808080">○</font></td>

go download the easypopulate data checker contribution, that will probably help you quite a bit

Hello. Installed EP 2.73 MS2 and all works well. But when I download and edit products, on upload they get set to "inactive". Regardless of what the spreadsheet says. Any suggestions on this?

Also why does the config have two temp dircetory variables? $temp = "catalog/temp/"; and $temp2 = "catalog/temp";. I have removed the $temp2 variable and it works without it.

Hi, all.

I am having problems with easypopulate. I have to display specifications of products in a table in product pages. To make these tables easier to change I use some code in stylesheet.css to alter the appearance, if need be.

The problem is when I use Easypopulate to upload products the formatting from the stylesheet is not applied. However, when I edit the product from admin and go through the process of previewing and updating the product the link is re-established and my table displays as it should,even though I don't change the code I just preview and then update.

So it would appear that clicking update in the product description from admin links the product page to the stylesheet. Is there a fix for this or has someone else had similar problems? I am sure someone else has used Easypopulate and stylesheet formatting.

Thanks for you help

Has anyone got a solution for this problem? Sorry to clog the thread.

for the products in the easypopulate.php you can set one of the variables to true, which will enable the products. set that to true then run again. you may have to do it in the spreadsheet also.

i dont know about the two temp files, i scanned for tempdir2 but didnt find anything. maybe the people who originally wrote it were going to use it for something.

Hello. Installed EP 2.73 MS2 and all works well. But when I download and edit products, on upload they get set to "inactive". Regardless of what the spreadsheet says. Any suggestions on this?

Have you configured you variables in easypopulate.php That would seem like a logical place to start if you are having problems with active/inactive

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system
// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!
// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.
global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;
$active = 'Active';
$inactive = 'Inactive';
//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet
$zero_qty_inactive = true;

i used the search but could not find a solution for my problem:

the export works but EP writes dates in the price tabs. i dont know why...

its in all products except 2 or 3.

EP uses strange dates like 01.03.1959 ?!? Whats wrong?

I'm using the newest version of EP and OSC.

Thanks for help

Edited by netsrack

would seem a setup problem. did you at first download a file of your existing product prior to uploading, to see how things were? ep doesnt use dates as you have posted, search thru the easypopulate.php file and you will see that.

Mibble, I recently installed Attribute Sort Order after I installed Easy Populate. Can you give me the instructions to include the sort order in the tab delimited file and also use it to upload those values as well to the sort order field.

Thanks

hello guys i have tried every thing but my easy populate changes description text colors to dark blue and if its a table and it changes the background with navy blue.

First i though my description was causing this but theni entered this in the description and same thing happend.

<p><font size="6" color="#808080">what the hell is this</font></p>

please help me out

thankyou

for the sort order u would need to add the fields, better off to just load the product, then go in and do the sort. or build a vb script to do that part of the sql code.

Mibble, I understand what you are saying, but that would cost me hundreds of hours per year (time is money). Even if I only had 50 items that had attributes, I would have to add the sort order to each attribute for every product. 5 attributes * 50 Products = 250 minutes.

Over 6 Hours to do an update when it should only take maybe 30 minutes. Shouldn't we be able to add a field to the Easy Populate module.

then if you want to use the sort order with easy populate, you could program it. the sort order is not a standard with osCommerce as it stands and not everyone uses this.

me, i just modify it all in excel, to have that create the code required.

column a is the model # col b is product options #, col c is the name of the attribute to be added, col d is price, col e is weight col f is sort order and col g is the id# of the product itself.

then i actually merge these all together to generate the code required which i then use mysql for importing the data.

of course, you have to add the basic product first, then download the new product id#'s, place them respectively with the model #, generate the other code for adding the attribute with the option, (sort order, weight, price not added at this point yet). once you get the other 4 steps done, the one i described above can be completed to add the attribute to the product with the radio button/drop down box, etc.

I assume the way you add your question to this easy populate thread is just to reply because adding a new topic only adds it to the contribution support forum.

So here goes.

I have a text file with well over 11000 products.

I see in admin/easypopulate that I can split the files into segments.

How do I know what the names of the different segments of that 11000 piece file are.

Is there some way to view them. I see you can not click to choose what split file to upload.

Thanks.

Leon

when u split the files, they are named automatically by ep, to something like ep_split1.txt, ep_split2.txt and so on, they are stored in the temp directory and you can download and open them from there.