• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I did a lot of backups during this night, but not prior to this try. (waaaaaaah)

so now I'm deleting it all manually, which will get me carpal tunnel syndrome by tomorrow morning, but hey ...

so, besides backups, what can I do with the current products, to prevent this from happening again?

regards

flint

*poisonfree.com

EASYPOP PROBLEM: NO DOWNLOAD!

I'm really stuck, hoping someone can help. My apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere, but I've been searching all day and found nothing.

I've installed Easy Pop 2.74-MS2 onto a clean, fresh install of OSC 2.2ms2.

Easy pop page appears in my admin area, but when I try to download or create a file... nothing. No errors, nothing... sometimes the page reloads, but that's it. I've tried different browsers (safari, opera, IE) and none work... no 'download window', the browser just seems to loop back to the easypop admin page.

I've been over and over the easypop manual and to the best of my knowledge, everything is fine:

-dowload directory is /catalog/temp, permissions are drwxrwxrwx. I've tried a couple different settings for the download config in easypopulate.php , and that doesn't help.

-the only mod to my oscommerce is the "register globals" fix. ... is it possible that that's messing me up somehow?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, or any troubleshooting ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

PS... I apologize if this post is in the wrong thread... let me know and I'll move it.

i dont know about the register globals. do you have your temp set as the /catalog/temp/ path? this is in the top area of the ep file

Thanks for the input John...

Yes, I have tried /catalog/temp/ , in addition to the default "temp/"

Same results no matter how I try it.

Randy.

Hi! I am trying to use EP on a production server with no luck. I download EP file, edit it in Excell, upload it to EP again and only the first line of data (the second raw of the file) updates. On localhost it works without any problems. Could that be caused by the fact, that PHP on the server is 5.0.1 version, safe mode ON? On my localhost I run php v. 4.3.0. I have even tried different versions of EP and the result is always the same. I use OCS 2.2 MS.

Result looks like that:

Filename: EPnew1.txt

| MG200MMS | 2184.87 | 31 Updated

| MG400-32 | MSIMPRO | DVD-RPMK | DVD-BLDR | DVD-MATR | DVD-YGEM | DVD-ABUG

| DVD-UNSG | DVD-UNSG | DVD-FDBL | DVD-DHWV | DVD-LTWP | DVD-REDC | DVD-FRAN

| DVD-CUFI | DVD-SPEE | DVD-SPEE | DVD-TSAB | DVD-BELO | PC-SWAT3 | PC-UNTM

| PC-TWOF | PC-DISC | MSINTKB | MSIMEXP | HPLJ1100 |

This is the imported file:

v_products_model v_products_price v_products_quantity EOREOR

MG200MMS 2184.87 31 EOREOR

MG400-32MB 13000 31 EOREOR

MSIMPRO 560.75 1 EOREOR

DVD-RPMK 1000 13 EOREOR

DVD-BLDRNDC 900 16 EOREOR

DVD-MATR 1000 10 EOREOR

DVD-YGEM 900 10 EOREOR

DVD-ABUG 900 9 EOREOR

DVD-UNSG 700 10 EOREOR

DVD-UNSG2 700 10 EOREOR

DVD-FDBL 700 7 EOREOR

DVD-DHWV 700 9 EOREOR

DVD-LTWP 900 10 EOREOR

DVD-REDC 800 9 EOREOR

DVD-FRAN 900 10 EOREOR

DVD-CUFI 1000 10 EOREOR

DVD-SPEED 1000 10 EOREOR

DVD-SPEED2 1000 10 EOREOR

DVD-TSAB 1000 9 EOREOR

DVD-BELOVED 1400 9 EOREOR

PC-SWAT3 2000 16 EOREOR

PC-UNTM 2300 13 EOREOR

PC-TWOF 2600 14 EOREOR

PC-DISC 2300 17 EOREOR

MSINTKB 1800 15 EOREOR

MSIMEXP 1800 9 EOREOR

HPLJ1100XI 13000 5 EOREOR

Edited by Jiri Loos

I dont know what u mean by document root...is that where easypopulate.php is? I have the temp folder set to 777...i did the chmod command in a telnet client, and it didnt come up w/ a error, so i guess it worked...i was browsing the directory w/ the temp folder when i executed the command also

all help is appreciated..thanx

you can find document root by going to the admin section, tools then server info, search for document_root . . .

can you create any file in the temp folder? or download one?

Would anyone be interested in working on a delete option? Basically, it updates and inserts, but what about a check box or something to delete. I could help with this.

If you would like to help with this option or can provide some insight please PM me. We can then post the ideas later.

John,

As per the tep_db_connect() problem, this is what I had done.

install.txt says

Step 2. Add the following new files:

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes_sets.php

/catalog/admin/products_attributes_sets.php

I thought that was a little quirky, to copy the same file to two different locations, however, with your advice, I looked into it a bit better and saw that actually, there are TWO files in the installation section with the same name, just different innards.

Copied them as I was SUPPOSED to in the first place (patience my son, let the force FLOW thru you), now it seems to work correctly.

Cheers, and thanks, Ill be sure and come back for refreshers and kicks-in-the-seat-of-the-pants advice.

Not sure if this is the place for this question, not concerning easy populate, but rather with Product Attributes Sort Order contribution.

I dled the contribution, however, there is no readme or install file to tell me what I have to modify in order to use it, help anyone??

THanks.

Cheers.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I rechecked the configuration section. Most of the settings are left as defaults, since the site is freshly reinstalled using most of default settings with only 3 test products in 2 categories (2 levels). all the original sample products, images and attributes had removed. the temp folder also set to write/read.

Since the site is new, I made up a few products in an excel file then saved it as tab delimited file. When I tried to "upload the file to database" through EP, nothing imported to the site although it said "file uploaded". I also tried FTP from the temp folder still nothing imported.

I don't know what the problem is. The only possible reason is the "server safe mode" issue. I rang the server, because it is a shared server, I can't set the safe mode off. If this is the problem, does this mean the option for me is to import the products manually?

Thankyou for your help.

LJ

you need to find a different host, as most things do not funciton properly with safe mode on.

; Safe Mode

;

safe_mode = Off

; By default, Safe Mode does a UID compare check when

; opening files. If you want to relax this to a GID compare,

; then turn on safe_mode_gid.

safe_mode_gid = Off

; When safe_mode is on, UID/GID checks are bypassed when

; including files from this directory and its subdirectories.

; (directory must also be in include_path or full path must

; be used when including)

safe_mode_include_dir =

; When safe_mode is on, only executables located in the safe_mode_exec_dir

; will be allowed to be executed via the exec family of functions.

safe_mode_exec_dir =

; Setting certain environment variables may be a potential security breach.

; This directive contains a comma-delimited list of prefixes. In Safe Mode,

; the user may only alter environment variables whose names begin with the

; prefixes supplied here. By default, users will only be able to set

; environment variables that begin with PHP_ (e.g. PHP_FOO=BAR).

;

; Note: If this directive is empty, PHP will let the user modify ANY

; environment variable!

safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = PHP_

; This directive contains a comma-delimited list of environment variables that

; the end user won't be able to change using putenv(). These variables will be

; protected even if safe_mode_allowed_env_vars is set to allow to change them.

safe_mode_protected_env_vars = LD_LIBRARY_PATH

mibble,

I followed your advice, I got rid of all " by replacing them with " and replacing all ' with '

however, the problem still exists.

downloaded the product index, got rid of those special characters with a batch job, opened it in openoffice, assigned product numbers and exported again.

after the upload, all my articles doubled again! :(

regards

flint

*poisonfree.com

send me your backup file, along with your data file to upload, i will load onto one of my development sites. do you have any additional fields added? else if the data will work on a standard osc, then i can try.

Brent, I just looked at the error again. For some reason, your server is thinking the easypopuloate.php file is a 'perl script' and not a php file. you need to contact your host about this, let them know there is an error.

are you using aemin access with levels? if so, the files need to be 'authorized' in the admin area of the store.

Flint, and others who do not use product model #'s, this contribution does not work without model #s.

Per the documentation:

EasyPopulate requires the use of the product_model field (model number). It won't work without the model number. The model numbers you assign must be unique, i.e. you can't give all your products a product_model of "test".

Quick question:

Problem I have is that I am finding it hard to put a price into osc using easypopulate. In what format does it like work, ?0.00, or 000, or 0,00??

Whatever I have put in so far just shows as ?0.00 (i.e. free) on my site

In that case I have problem then! Am I right in asuming that the price goes in the L column, "v_products_price"?

If I have 2.30 in there, it still displays it on the site has being ?0.00!!

have you tried adding a product manually through admin, if this also doesnt work it could be that you havnt set the default currency right in the englich.php file to use GBP. This would result in a price of ?0.00