• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this post, but if not it deserves mentioning again if you are going to use this contrib.

INDEX PRODUCT_MODEL in PRODUCTS TABLE

Wow, what a difference that made. I can insert and update 4000 products in seconds instead of minutes.

If anyone has a large store with a large amount of products... private message or email me. I modified the script to pull files from a directory and populate the DB with them. I have almost 200,000 products in my store.

on upload, I'm getting this error message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop/temp/haurinsen.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php3vMqmG' to '/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop/temp/haurinsen.txt' in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/php3vMqmG
User filename: haurinsen.txt
Size: 613761

Warning: file(/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop/temp/haurinsen.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

/temp is 777, so this shouldn't be the problem.

I tried it using ssl, without ssl, .csv and .txt, makes no difference.

I'm using the latest, cleaned up snapshot of EP and MS2

any idea?

thx!

regards

flint

*poisonfree.com

I have:

$tempdir = "temp/";
$tempdir2 = "temp/";

I changed catalog to shop, so if I use:

$tempdir = "/shop/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "/shop/temp/";

it just gets worse:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop//shop/temp/haurinsen.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

regards

flint

*poisonfree.com

JAson,

Just a thought but take a look in your easypopulate.php file where it lists your temp directory. Did you put it in as /catalog/temp? if so change it to /temp. In your post I see it giving a double path for the temp directory.

HTH,

Ron

Hi people. I was experiencing problems, having the error message frequently posted as

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop/temp/haurinsen.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php3vMqmG' to '/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop/temp/haurinsen.txt' in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/php3vMqmG
User filename: haurinsen.txt
Size: 613761

Warning: file(/var/www/domains/poisonfree/shop/temp/haurinsen.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/poisonfree/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

and the quoted advice fixed it. So for those who have the same problem do what it says!

Thanks to all those and the creatror of easy populate! saved me hours!

Out of interest, how long do you think you have spent creating it?

your error is most likely in your admin configure.php file, if you post the top portion of that, without the database info, etc it may help.

if your store is at shop then the temp file needs to be /shop/temp/ in order for easy populate to function.

mibble,

I sorted out the error, it was a misconfiguration in the admin file!

but now, while it works, I got a bigger problem :P

I got categories like vinyl, DVD, but also "CD's".

The apostroph made EP think all CD's are new products, now I have two categories with cd's, and everything doubled.

I don't know which one to delete, cause they look the same, and have some pending orders, and I don't want to loose the associations.

:o

regards

flint

*poisonfree.com

I get the following error when I try to click the link to easy populate in my admin area...

CGIWrap Error: Script Execution Failed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CGIWrap encountered an error while attempting to execute this script:

Error Message: Exec format error

Error Number: 8

This message usually indicates there is a problem with the script itself. Often this indicates either that the #! line of the script is incorrect, or the script was uploaded in binary mode instead of ascii mode. Check to make sure that the script does not have control-M's at the end of every line. That will prevent it from executing. An easy fix that takes care of this most of the time is to put '#!/.../perl --' instead of '#!/.../perl' on the first line of the script. This is typically a problem if the script was edited or uploaded from a DOS/Windows/Macintosh station to a unix based server.

If you are not the owner of this script, please forward this error and the URL that caused it to the script owner. That is often the component in the URL right after /cgiwrap/.

I dont know what to do, because I dont have much experience with coding and such.

the script should work with not problem at all. what are your settings in the file, ie the /catalog/temp/ setting, etc.

also what is your document root?

you need to 'subscribe to the thread to get an answer;

OK, have read thru alot of what is in this forum post, and I want to say that the people involved in making this easypopulate a reality deserve a HOOORAHHHH!!! from all of us.

After that grease up :rolleyes: here is my question/concern. I have a retail store that I want to implement, however, I have 130 color and 106 size attributes. Now I entered each one of these by hand (I know, Im presently typing with nubs :huh: ), and when I export the txt file everything is fine, but when I want to open it in excel, well, it only gives me a portion of what the text file is showing, meaning that I obviously have more than 256 columns of data. I could try and sort this out in the txt file, however, Im sure I would be committed to the loony bin :unsure: quite quickly.

Any ideas on how to deal with this??

Any assistance/hacks/tips/booze would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and...thanks.

So are you meaning I need to download an EP with Model/Price/Qty, edit it, upload it, then download an EP with Model/Category, edit it, upload it, download the Froogle EP, edit it, upload it, then the Model/Attributes EP, edit it, then upload it?

:o

Not a problem if I have to do that, just want to get some concrete direction here, been banging my head for two days trying to sort this out, client is getting a bit anxious. :huh:

Cheers and thanks.

froogle is not the same, all you do with that is download it and then send to google, after you have edited it. the attributes, better off using the attribute manager contribution

OK, have installed the AMC, backed up what files I thought I had to, then modified what was required, everything works fine UNTIL I click on the Attribute Sets, then I get this error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

XXXX's are obviously for security reasons :)

Cheers, and thanks.

Hi folks,

I installed EP with excitement, and downloaded a EP tab delimited file to my computer and opened in excel. Each product crowded in a single cell looks like 1/t/tDoxycycline, 100mg Caps, Pk50/tDoxycycline 100mg Caps pk 50 $17.30 ... But it's ok, I just want to see how it works.

I saved some sample products from spreadsheet as a Tab Delimited file and uploaded to the site use EP "Upload EP file - into database" (first option), then i get a confirmation of file uploaded. At this point, I don't know what I should do next to get those sample products listed on the site just like others.

Please help!

LJ

Paul, remove one of the tep_db_connect functions, you have duplicates, then should be fine.

LJ, if you highlight the data on your spread sheet, then to to format, then auto format, it will spread things out and you can then see everything. then follow that format for keying in products.

did you setup your easy populate.php file per the instructions contained in the file?

uh oh, I sorted out the "CD's Problem", now I found another way to duplicate all items, but this time for real, not just double categories:

first I downloaded all products, opened it in openoffice.

just like the manual says, I added unique numbers to the first field v_products_model and made a few changes in the tables for testing purposes.

After upload, all my items doubled.

It didn't assign the product numbers to the articles like I assumed, it left the old ones untouched and added the same stuff again.

I'm unsure of how to get rid of the duplicates or what I have should done instead.

I can't just delete all products which got an empty v_products_model, because of the numerous associations.

How do I get rid of the new entries, and how do I assign product numbers *before* the use of easy populate?!?

regards

flint

*poisonfree.com

did you backup your database just before running easypopulate?

i am not sure how you duplicated products, as i have tried to duplicate that yet can not.