• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I just saw another issue.

When I uploaded everything it changed the v_date_added to all zero's.

Whyy is that? I had to manually go in and add the dates. Now all my new products are screwed up. Things that I added a year ago are all of a sudden new again.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

hard to say, as it defaults to the date you do it, unless there is a date already in there. if you are updating products, then it uses the date you update though.

Hello all. I have just installed:

Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

I read through this whole thread but can't figure out why I'm having a problem inserting a file in the db. I did: "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" and got the file. Looks fine. I upload it without changing anything. Then click "insert in db" and I get this error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpKk5Bog

User filename: EP2004Jul08-0909.txt

Size: 13749

15harnessBar1.jpg... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

I'm guessing that v_products_model is the offending field. My file doesn't have anything in that column. I have 12 items in my db and I threw in the numbers 1-11 to fill the v_products_model column and retried inserting the file with the same result.

Can anyone help me find where I'm going wrong?

Also, is there a simple way to add the product's id to the mix so when you add a new item it gives it a product id...or does EP do that automatically?

thanks a bunch.

-Mike

edit: I forgot to ask...am I using the best version of EP? (Easy Populate 2.74-MS2)

Edited by SleeperWRX

ok it was a matter of adding models AND fixing the end line character...my fault.

Now that it worked I see that it must be making a product id automatically because my new items appeared.

My remaining question is:

Am I using the best version of EP? (Easy Populate 2.74-MS2)

thanks a bunch.

-Mike

hard to say, as it defaults to the date you do it, unless there is a date already in there. if you are updating products, then it uses the date you update though.

Thats the weird thing. When I first downloaded the files it had the dates as they were in the DB but after uploading the changes everything was set to zero.

That is what I don't get.

Even after I set the dates again, it again changed them back to zaro.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

One more thing.

According to the manual if I have the Headers Tags v2.0 all I have to do is uncomment the lines in easypopulate.php and it should work, but it isn't. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

Hi all,

I'm back from abroad, and my EP problem didn't fix itself in the meantime :-)

As I said roughly 2 weeks ago, I installed EP on my site, which works fine when I add or modify products, except when I somehow touch the categories. Whatever I change, the product is *copied* in the new category, not *moved*

Exemples :

- I have categories A, B, and C, and product prodA is in A. I change the file to put prodA in B and upload, everything works except that now prodA is in A *and* B

- same initial setup : cat A, B and C, prodA is in A. I change the file to put it in a new category, sayD, upload, D is created, and prodA is in D *and* A.

This happens whatever I do : main categories, final categories, sub categories, creation, move, anything, the product is not unlinked from its old category.

I saw at least one post in the forum from someone displaying the exact same problem, but he didn't receive any answer and finally gave up on EP. That's not an option for me since the site will have thousands of articles.

Please help,

--

R?mi

Help !

are you sure that when you are saving in excel as text format the characters are all there? try opening the file with wordpad, then see if the text is all there.

Easy populate does not delete products, thus if you are 'moving' a product from one category to another category, you need to delete the original product and then via EP, you can then 'create' a new product in your category desired.

Hello, guys, is this true? I just searched the base and found out that if you use easy populate and download it then edit then upload it to your database.....except that your image name IS the same as the model name of that particular item....................otherwise when you upload the edited file...all images of products will be gone..and you would have to re do it one by one in admin categories...

Also

also why after i upload the edited file, then each of my products is double....say, i have one item called 123...then after upload the edited file, my 123 item is become 2-123s (doubled one more automatically) in my shop....why or did i set some configurations wrong????? What can i do to avoid next time??

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

no that is not true for the images, you can name them whatever you desire, as long as they have a valid format for the name.

as far as your product, it all depends upon what you have done, if you have touched the product model # then ep will think it is a different product, and if you change categories, the same.

if you have edited the price or the description, image, etc then it is the same product.

have you in any way modified your easy populate file by adding additional fields, etc?

Hi,

I am reposting a question that mibble was kind enough to point out was in the wrong place (thanks mibble). Hopefully I'll be able to get the help I need.

I have about 1500 items on my site, i am trying to download the complete tab-delimited file, but it isn't working....is it because theres too many items? is it possible just to download 1 category at a time?

Mibble said "it all depends upon how you have your attribute download configured"

But I don't know what that means.

Thanks!

on or about line 21 what do the two tempdir's say? post that in the thread here

on or about line 100 what does this say:

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

if you are having troubles, try setting that to false.

also if that doesnt work try saving the file as a txt file in the temp dir on the server, then ftp it

centralmass, how many attributes are you wanting to work with? if lots, well, it is tough . . .

Edited by Mibble

Hi Mibble,

Thanks for the reply.

Here's lines 21 & 22

$tempdir = "catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "catalog/temp/";

I don't have this anyplace in my easypopulate.php file:

Here are lines 96 thru 103:

// **** Max Category Levels ****

// change this if you need more or fewer categories

global $max_categories;

$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this if you want to download selected product options

// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)

global $attribute_options_select;

//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

sounds like you may have a bogus load of easy populate, download another one as the lines you have missing are there.

also, your temp needs to be /catalog/temp/

We're using Easy Populate 2.74-MS2 to update the products in our store, but it seems to be updating our pricing in the "Gross Price" field instead of the "Net Price".

Because of this, it seems to be calculating the Net Price on it's own and that's what it's displaying on the live store.

We used the Easy Populate "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" to help us create the template for updating the products - was this a mistake?

Cory Howell

MorePro Marketing, Inc.

Display prices with tax = False

One tax zone, for Arizona - 8.1%.

Why is it displaying the adding the tax to the Net Price and displaying the Gross w/ tax?

Don't understand it...

Cory Howell

MorePro Marketing, Inc.

Hello, i?m worte from Germany, sorry, for my bad english...

So, i have a problem, i would upload with easypopulate download products. i?m doesn?t in wich line i?m worte is, also fine. please help me, it is a big problem...

Thany You from Germany

Robert

P.S. In this contireb must lanes for upload filename in the right Table of mySQL.

PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE

have no idea what you are saying, so a few things i need to know.

your store, is it located at /catalog and the admin at /catalog/admin?

also, what do these say in your easy populate.php file:

on or about line 21 what do the two tempdir's say? post that in the thread here

on or about line 100 what does this say:

if you are having troubles, try setting that to false.

also if that doesnt work try saving the file as a txt file in the temp dir on the server, then ftp it

centralmass, how many attributes are you wanting to work with? if lots, well, it is tough . . .