• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

hey all,

i love this contribution, i have done lots of thinsg with it but is it possible to combine easypopukate 2.74 with the mast products add on? I looked at the code and looked ok to me, bu ti dont know that much. And i was also wonderign if anyoen has the code for it? What extra columns does master products create also?

Many thanks in advance, Keep up the good work,

Danny

okay that works. so i have the store at

www.bookwormannex.com/index.php

and easypopulate at

www.bookwormannex.com/easypopulate.php

I have a /temp/ folder and when i try to upload i get this

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/sample_output_file.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpGW3LnY' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/sample_output_file.txt' in /var/www/html/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpGW3LnY

User filename: sample_output_file.txt

Size: 80290

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/sample_output_file.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/easypopulate.php on line 674

the temp directory has permissions set to allow anybody to write to it. what does setting the permissions to 777 mean, how do i do that. is that my problem?

your easypopulate.php needs to be in the admin. and since you have no catalog folder, you will need to change your temp folder location in the easypopulate.php file. please read the documentation which comes along with the contribution. it is only one page long yet it answers the majority of the problems people have in getting it to work.

Hi,

Uh... getting more confused here :(

First you state:

Marcel, once you are in your admin area, type in easypopulate.php in your browser, ie http://domain.com/catalog/easypopulate.php and see what happens.

But then in the previous post here you say:

your easypopulate.php needs to be in the admin.

The file loads when using http://domain.com/admin/easypopulate.php (although it times out), but not when using http://domain.com/catalog/easypopulate.php

Marcel

Edited by Khun Marcel

my fault i meant to say admin/easypopulate, as the last few people keep trying to install the program in the catalog folder. some people just dont like to read the documentation which solves majority of the problems.

some people just dont like to read the documentation which solves majority of the problems.

Hi,

Agree, but I did read the manual and it did not solve my problem :(

Anyway, my friend has decided that he no longer wants to use EasyPopulate after reading quite a few posts here from people who are having problems with it. Guess that means I don't have to bother solving this problem anymore. Convenient for me, but not really my prefered outcome.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Marcel

if you read the docs, then you would have seen where you need to install the program and also what properties need to be set as well as how to set the temp folder in easy populate.

one big thing he will be missing out on is the froogle which is generated from easy populate.

there are not many problems with ep, if you read back through here, just mistakes on installation, etc.

Hi all,

I'm installing a new site with osC, and using EP to feed the products in the DB. We also want to use it to maintain prices, categories,...

Now I seem to remember from an older test installation that when one changes the category in which a product is in the file, EP will behave nicely and change the category for that product on the site. When I try that with the new site, EP creates the link to put the product in the new category, but doesn't delete the old link pointing to the old category. :-(

If I made a fault in one category name and change it, EP will create the new one, but not delete the old one, nor remove the products from it.

Is that by design ? Have I dreamt the old behaviour ? Or is it a bug in EP or my install ?

Thanks,

--

R?mi

Mr. John,

I have the same problem as jOker and warminspirations, upload the files without errors but they do not appear. I am playing around with it on my own machine, so i am thninking maybe something with the chmod 777, how do I set that kind of permission on the folder ? again it is on local host.

thanks

on localhost, right click on the catalog/temp folder and uncheck the read only setting.

what is your path setting for your catalog in your configure.php file?

does your temp in easy populate match?

I am recieving the follow error when trying to upload. I somewhat know what the problem is but I do not know how to fix it. Could anyone offer a hand?

I added a retail price & cost field (two seperate fields). This is what has throw things off.

Thank you

| MPS-00300 | chuckfayne | 29.95 | 15 | Fayne, Chu | There are | | 26.356 | 0.8 | | 0000-00-00 | 9000000300 | Unrated | Special Or | Videos | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_retail_price, products_cost, products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'chuckfaynelive2.jpg', 'MPS-00300', '24.6318', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:300", NULL, '1', '0.8', '9000000300', '29.95' '15' '4')

Edited by magicproshop

For some reason EP puts prices in the Gross instead of Net field and for some reason I do not understand OSC is deducting my taxes to get the net price. I have only one tax zone, but I am not sure if that is a prob. Any suggestion on how to use EP with taxes? I'd hate to reload all my prices.

Never mind. Found the solution a few pages back.

Edit the easypopulate.php file

//**** Price includes tax? ****

// Set the v_price_with_tax to

// 0 if you want the price without the tax included

// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.

global $price_with_tax;

$price_with_tax =false;

on localhost, right click on the catalog/temp folder and uncheck the read only setting.

what is your path setting for your catalog in your configure.php file?

does your temp in easy populate match?

ok, done that!

you mean the root?

'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'c:/program files/easyphp1-7/www/os/'

yeah it matches,

in EP.php

catalog/temp/

tried to upload again, still doesnt appear anywhere.... :blink:

what to do, what to do.

in ep it needs to be /catalog/temp/ i dont use it on localhost, so you may need to put in c:/prog......

you should have made a folder named web then put your store in there, this way you are not messing up your program files directory

in ep it needs to be /catalog/temp/ i dont use it on localhost, so you may need to put in c:/prog......

you should have made a folder named web then put your store in there, this way you are not messing up your program files directory

sorry that is what i meant - /catalog/temp/....

yes it is in a separate folder /www/os/......

the store works well.... when i installed it. but ep doesnt instert the products.

what else could it be?

you did an upload of the products or? explain your steps all the way.

usually most people upload a file which goes beyond the 300 item limit, thus ep needs to 'split' the file for you, into smaller files. it then creates new files named something different and then you need to use import file from the temp folder.

you did an upload of the products or? explain your steps all the way.

usually most people upload a file which goes beyond the 300 item limit, thus ep needs to 'split' the file for you, into smaller files. it then creates new files named something different and then you need to use import file from the temp folder.

John,

looks like maybe you will be able to help me.

1st i did not modify any of the fields in EP (just blindly saved the file as .txt (tab)) and trying to import. How do I and where do I modify which categories (name, description, image location) will i have for my products?

2nd I've read that i should have product model # in my file... (what is that? how do i include it in? should i just make a column in excell with product model #?)

3rd i think that is all i am missing.

anything else?

once you install easy populate, you need to download a sample file, you can not blindly try to upload something without knowing what is going where.

create one of your own products manually through the admin section, then download your easy populate file, see how your product went in, then follow that sample and inport your file

once you install easy populate, you need to download a sample file, you can not blindly try to upload something without knowing what is going where.

create one of your own products manually through the admin section, then download your easy populate file, see how your product went in, then follow that sample and inport your file

good idea!

where can i download the sample file?

when i create a new product, which file does it go to so that i can look up the format..