• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

chopperman, have you searched for each of the file names listed? you say it works on yours but not your friends, so his may be setup a bit differently than yours is. easy way to do things, is to not upload via the easy populate menu if in doubt of where things are going, but to ftp your file directly into your catalog/temp folder with the name you specify (make sure it is a tab delimited and there are no spaces) you can then say import from temp folder, make sure you type it in exactly as you have it named.

I'm confused, I get a server error whenever I try to upload. Downloading to both my local machine or to the temp dir works fine.

I have tried uploading only files I have downloaded to ensure format is ok, have tried from both local machine and temp dir and still no joy.

I have checked permissions, and played around with tempdir settings which I assume are ok as it downloads to temp dir ok.

Is DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT supposed to point to the absolute path of where the catalog dir is? Ie it would be the place where you would find index.php?

Also I only have that defined in admin/includes/configure.php is that correcT?

I've been trying to get this to work for weeks now! Any ideas?

Thanks

Damo

If this helps, here is configure.php (catalog/includes)

/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.whoisnumberone.org/chemaidedirect/'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.whoisnumberone.org');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/chemaidedirect/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/chemaidedirect/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/whoisnum/public_html/chemaidedirect/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

And here is the admin one

/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.whoisnumberone.org'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.whoisnumberone.org');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/whoisnum/public_html/chemaidedirect/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/chemaidedirect/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/whoisnum/public_html/chemaidedirect/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/chemaidedirect/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/whoisnum/public_html/chemaidedirect/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

From easypopulate.php:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with EP, hope someone can help - I've got it installed and added to my admin screen, ran it to upload my CSV file, and everything seemed to work OK - everything except adding the products to the catalog.

It just uploads the file, drops it in the temp directory, then leaves it at that. I've tried splitting, I've tried adding to DB from the temp directory, I've tried re-uploading ... it moves the file from one place to another, but never actually adds products to the catalog.

But I don't get error messages, either ... it gives me the new filename of the CSV file (in the temp directory), and that's it.

Am I missing a key step?

Sorry to sound dumb,

James

what is your path, catalog/temp, store/temp, or? also, did you download a file first, then try uploading with just changing the price on a few items?

damo, i think your problem is you may need to add chemaidedirect in part of your temp path, not sure tho. check your server access and error logs, to see if you can find out what is going on.

Edited by Mibble

what is your path, catalog/temp, store/temp, or? also, did you download a file first, then try uploading with just changing the price on a few items?

Well, I'm not sure - I just followed the EP manual, created a catalog/temp directory and chmoded it 777, then ran the script. It uploads the files to the /temp directory. Do I need to do another step after that?

Thanks,

James

To be a little more specific: when I upload the file, it returns this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpnyiDRS

User filename: EP_Split1.txt

Size: 116669

... but no products are added ... any ideas?

Best,

James

Never mind - I just figured out my problem. Was using a comma-delimited file ... missed that one line in the documentation which specifies that the file MUST be tab-delimited ...

damo, i think your problem is you may need to add chemaidedirect in part of your temp path, not sure tho. check your server access and error logs, to see if you can find out what is going on.

Thanks for you ideas, I tried adding chemaidedirect to the tempdir but that doenst work, tempdir must be correct already as it will download to temp ok. Just not upload anything.

I checked the server logs but theres nothing in there regarding this.

I am perplexed.

Currently, i have a price list that has the color attributes written out wihtout the ! and 0's. Just the acual word. it there an alternative for easy populate to recognize teh color and add it as a attribute automatically without the old way of doing it. If you need for detailed info ask .

Thanks,

Danny

Danny, you will need to use search and replace via excel if you have things defined that way

Damo, is your server visible if you gave me access to see what may be wrong?

I need to export around 900 items from my catalog (2.2MS2), update large numbers of them with new information, and upload them again. I thought Easypopulate was the way to go, but can't export the data - it times out.

I've tried it on a 'live' server and on my local machine, with no luck. The local set up has a five minute time out rather than 30 seconds, and it still times out. Is there another mod that will work to get the data in and out cleanly, without resorting to dumping the tables from mySQL and working with that?

Thanks,

Brad

are you going to edit any of the attributes? if not, then turn off attributes in easy populate, then download, make changes then upload

wait can someone clarify this for me:

WIth easy populate i can have up to how many products? Cant i split the file up?

Also, if i disable the attributes, (how do i do that) wil anyhting be affected?

Thanks

ep has no limit on how many products, the limitation is on your server space size. ep will split the files into manageable sizes.

disabling attributes in the easy populate file has no effect other than not being able to download the attributes.

Damo, is your server visible if you gave me access to see what may be wrong?

Yes it is, what exactly would you like access to? I can give you the password to the admin section if thats what you'd like?

Appreciate the help.

Damo

I think this mod is great, but have a question.

In admin/easypopulate.php you can download different areas of the Excel file.

To download all:

download=stream&dltype=full

Download Price and Quantity:

download=stream&dltype=priceqty

However, can I configure something such as:

Download Name, Price and images:

download=stream&dltype=priceqty,name,images ?

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hi,

Let's see if posting in this thread helps.... :unsure:

I have EasyPopulate installed, but when I click the link in the Admin menu nothing happens.

I've

- tried using the alternate easypopulate_functions.php, no luck.

- reduced the number of maxrecs to 4, no luck.

- confirmed that the temp directory exists and is 777.

- uncommented the set_time_limit(330); line, no luck.

After playing a bit more I noticed that the Tools link (which goes to /admin/backup.php?selected_box=tools) gives the same result, i.e. Mozilla telling me it encountered an HTTP 500: Server Error.

Any ideas?

Marcel

what is the correct install folderfor easy populate? i have osc installed in

www.bookwormannex.com/catalog/

i have easypopulate installed in

that folder and i get an interal server error. i tried the code that Mibble posted and still same error