• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hello,

my shop is bilingual (english and french)

when I "Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir" the file shows only one language, and it doesn't contain the categories images.

How do I go around these problems ?

I sell printer ink and other products, and one categories hierarchy looks like this:

English / French

Printer ink / Encre d'imprimante

Inkjet printers / Imprimantes ? jet d'encre

Brother / Brother

have you modified the code to reflect the download option?

I have not tried modifying the download contribution if that's what you mean. It might just be easier for me to learn up on SQL and make some custom SQL code to put all the data in to the correct tables. I dunno. It's a bit beyond me at the moment.

Hell I guess I could do it all manually.

- Simon

Simon, something is wrong if the images are not going into the right spot. if you can go over everything you have done, in fact if you can post the top line along with about 3 lines of inventory we can probably figure it out.

Daniel, I have not dealt with multiple languages and EP.

Tameka, first thing to do is input a few items into your database manually, then download so you can see how the attributes go in.

then you can see if you want to do the attributes that way or a different way.

Hello all,

I am using EP and it works beautifully. No problems... 'til now, that is. I have the multi-size images contrib installed and it used to work when I upload items manually (i.e. one by one, without EP). When I started using EP, the system would only display the "small" image size (which I have set to 100 x 100 px - perfect for thumbnails on front or category pages). Clicking through to the product page, there's no photo displayed, and if you "click to enlarge", nothing shows up. I tried testing it to see if I was missing fields in the EP download file by uploading small.jpg, medium.jpg and large.jpg for an item, then pulling down the EP file again...no go. Only small.jpg gets used.

I don't necessarily need 3 image sizes, just a thumb for front/category/product pages that can, on the product page, be clicked and resized into a larger image (the uncompressed image, such as it is). Has anyone used the BigSizeImage contrib for this? Or does anyone have ideas?

My shop's at http://www.anezkahandmade.com/catalog and this is one of the only things keeping me from opening - HELP! :)

Thanks!

Shannon

Shannon Okey

Shannon

You will have to modify the ep file to catter for the new images fields you want to include.

There are sections inside easypopulate.php file which are comment'd out plz check these sections out and see if the image contrib you use is supported by ep I dont think all are I use Big_Images and it took a little playing to get this correct.

Good Luck

Elwyn.

I've inputted approximately 300 products into my site via the osc admin panel and have formatted the product description pages using the wysiwyg interface. I'd like to start using EP now to upload many more products.

Can the product page formatting and product attributes be inputted via EP? If not, will the existing formatting and attributed be preserved for products entered to date, after I upload more products via EP?

If EP cannot handle formatting, is there a setting for global formatting of prod pages (fonts, sizes, colors)? If so, is there an easy way to strip all formatting from the products inputted thus far so that the global setting can take effect?

Thanks

I solved my problem for multilingual shop. :D

The fields for categories have to llok like that:

v_categories_name_1_language_1 (for english in my case)

v_categories_name_1_language_4 (for french in my case)

instead of a simple:

v_categories_name_1

:D

ok here is where you should actually post threads regarding easy populate.

for products already in the system, they remain untouched.

for new products, you can put in html etc the same way you do if you do it manually.

attributes are a bit tougher, how many do you have?

there is another contribution, GNA_EP_V3 which allows you to create your products locally, along with attributes and then export to Easy Populate for sending to your site.

I've got a lot of attributes to deal with: 20 product options, 500 option values and about 1,000 product attributes. And many more to come in the future. Do you think GNA_EP_V3 is the best way to go? Is it a simple upgrade if I've already installed EP?

BTW, this is my first post on EP.

Tameka, first thing to do is input a few items into your database manually, then download so you can see how the attributes go in.

then you can see if you want to do the attributes that way or a different way.

I have input items manually, about 16, so I know what that looks like. The items are just now showing in the catalog. You can take a look at the catalog at www.warminspirations.com/catalog.

John. I'm getting SQL errors on my latest db upload:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '" ,products_mediumimage="video/impactSm.gif" ,products_largeima

Here is the uncommented area of my easypopulate.php:

$query .=

'" ,products_mediumimage="'.$v_products_mediumimage.

'" ,products_largeimage="'.$v_products_largeimage.

Is this the correct syntax?

John. I'm getting SQL errors on my latest db upload:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '" ,products_mediumimage="video/impactSm.gif" ,products_largeima

Here is the uncommented area of my easypopulate.php:

$query .=

'" ,products_largeimage="'.$v_products_largeimage.

Is this the correct syntax?

Nope, this is: :)

$query .=

'" ,products_largeimage="'.$v_products_largeimage;

Ah, the semicolon. Such a little thing, to make such a big difference!

Here is something I have come across a couple of time I have installed ep 2.74 clean on clean osc nothing else setup temp files chmod to 777 and download ep file edit it to required data then reupload it mmmm.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpaV4Ma4

User filename: EP2004Jun17-0012.txt

Size: 64284

Where has it uploaded too I cant find it anywhere? magic files.

any help appreciated. Oh and its a red hat server.

catalog/temp = yes this is how it is configured and set to 777, but still this error happens.

I works ok on my server as is but doesnt on me m8s, mmmm.

crossposting to this new Easypopulate thread at Mibble's suggestion:

SO um what do you do if the stock install of OS doesnt have a catalog directory? I hunted throughout the install of both OS and Mambo and no catalog directory anywhere. No modifications made at all.

Mibble did note that I might have to do a new install. I should note that my service provider is using installatron to script the install. I am only directed to give the url I want the oscommerce install to use. I had not made any changes post install other than to manually add some things to the catalog. So I doubt reinstalling will change anything.

you should not use your service provider's script, you are better off to do it yourself, then you can control what goes on. your provider probably put your store into the root, so you will not have a catalog folder.

download the latest from here and then install per the way you want it installed.

else you will have to ask your host how/what/where your folders are.