• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Have a weird problem after adding big images I am able to add big images no problem system works fine, except all prices are ?0.00 , if I restore the old file everything works (apart from big images).

Any thoughts or has anyone else had this and fixed, I have compared the old and new, only dif is the biimage ref bits.

HELP!

as long as you are not changing the model #'s, yes you can do it that way

Hi John!

The above one was the reply of my question posted on Juni 2 2004, 02:40 AM? Or it was for another post?

If yes than thank you!

Have a weird problem after adding big images I am able to add big images no problem system works fine, except all prices are ?0.00 , if I restore the old file everything works (apart from big images).

Any thoughts or has anyone else had this and fixed, I have compared the old and new, only dif is the biimage ref bits.

HELP!

Have sorted my problem out, had to redo a few things in the ep file as it is a little messed up.

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place or not... everyone says to post it at the end of the "Easypopulate thread" but I'm not entirely sure where that is, or how to identify it, so I really apologize if this is in the wrong place!

I have Easypopulate installed and running. But I am battling with the attributes part...

I am selling stationery so I need to give attributes like red pen, blue pen, green pen... for about 3000 products, but the attributes arent set values for all the products.

Now when I set the attributes in the columns provided in excel, it doesnt reflect in the actual shop. At one stage it did reflect - but under a totally different product to what I specified.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

yes, this is the right section, when you posted i got an email. in my original post to your other thread, i had asked if you had created a 'dummy download' of the sheet, so you can somewhat understand it.

can you give more of an example of what you will require? will it be like u show, 'Red Pen', Blue Pen', etc?

i use a visual basic script to do most of the attributes because in one of my databases i have over 1500 attributes and tonight when they finish the next ones will be over 2000 attributes, many products with 3 different boxes of attributes.

Thanks for the reply, but I've been going over and over the stuff and I've managed to figure it out - it was a problem with the figure I was or rather wasn't entering in the "v_attribute_values_price_1_1" - for anyone else who has this problem - do not leave it bank : type "0" for no tax, and type "1" to include tax in the actual price.

Thanks tho

:D

1) The file is to large to import in excel, not all the atributes and catagories are showed.

2)All the atributes are assigned to every single product, so say I have a dress in small, medium and large. Now all the other atributes are there as well in the excel file, so now I have a dress with S,M,L,XL,RED,BLUE,WHITE,34,36,38, S/M,M/L,L/XL ......and it go's on. So now I have reached the maximum imported column in excel. (256 pc).

Hello Don,

1. This is not really a limitation of this code, but you could try my latest code update, which has this option to handle just the product models and attributes. That would probably save a few columns. If you still have excess columns, you could try to hack the code to make it handle 1 language or 1 attrib set, at a time (just a thought!).

2. Well, attributes are not actually assigned to every single product. Attributes are assigned to a product, only if the corresponding value price cell contains a "non-empty" value. Otherwise, the attribute options/values are listed beside each product, but are not assigned to them.

HTH,

VJ

Hello All,

I am trying to set up a store with T-shirts of various sizes and colors and have run into the 256 column limit, same as quoted above. I am a python programmer so I probably wouldn't be able to hack the code as suggested above either. Has anyone dealt with the column limit? Any simple solutions? Could I add attributes in batches of 256 or does EP expect the attributes all at once?

Thanks,

Derek ;)

hello,

I have been searching the forums but i'm unable to find (there are too much threads...) :blink: this.

When I upload a CSV file from EasyPopulate in my computer (local) all is fine, but with the same files in the server EP shows this and do nothing:

------------------------------------------

Archivo subido al servidor. (*File Uploaded to the server)

Archivo temporal (*Temp file): /tmp/php9DZz1Q

Nombre de usuario (*User Name): myfile.csv

Tama?o (*Size): 177930

------------------------------------------

There are 195 products with HTML descriptions in the CSV file (it works in local machine)

I tried to split the file but no split is done.

I chmod 777 the catalog/temp dir.

The CSV file have 174KB

// Current EP Version

$curver = '2.71-MS2';

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.71 2003/11/27 VJ Exp $

*/

Some help?

=========

Sorry i created a new topic by mistake... :(

does your local system have the same path as the web? ie there is a line in easypopulate.php which points to where the temp file is located. it needs to be set properly for it to work. 195 products is nothing for the program, in fact it does not even need to split it.

Hi, I have Easypopulate 2.74-MS2 installed. I have changed the config file as instructed. However, when going into Admin and try to click on Download EP and Froogle Files (or any other link for that matter), I get taken back to the Admin login window. I then login again and this happens again when trying to click on any link in the easypopulate.php window. B)

Everything else in the Admin seems to be working just fine. Any idea why this is happening?

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

Hi Mibble, I tried with:

-----------------------------------

$tempdir = "catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

and

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

without success...

There a some files modified to feat the server configuration:

- catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

- catalog/includes/configure.php

Any idea? :wacko:

Mary, that happens when there is some corruption in the first part of your file. you should look at it or if you wish you can send it to me via email.

marc, just try with /catalog/temp for both, also make sure the temp is in /catalog/temp and it has permissions of 777, and that the file you are using is in fact saved as tab delimited text file.

I have been searching these forums and seen a few different people come up with the same problem I have but I have yet to see an answer that fixes the problem or haven't been able to create a seach string that finds the fix. I installed EP this morning and everything works fine when I dl products and anything to that nature but when importing products I get ntohing but errors.

The following all the ones I have been getting today which all suggest permissions problems or a directory not being there, I have my temp dir and I have the rw permissions set accordingly.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/sites/site3/web/catalog//catalog/temp/Databse.xls): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site3/web/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpLLue94' to '/home/sites/site3/web/catalog//catalog/temp/Databse.xls' in /home/sites/site3/web/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpLLue94

User filename: Databse.xls

Size: 146378

Warning: file(/home/sites/site3/web/catalog//catalog/temp/Databse.xls): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site3/web/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/site3/web/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

Anyone that can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it, If there is a common thread regarding this issue just point me towards it and I will seek help there.

Thank You

Jason

JAson,

Just a thought but take a look in your easypopulate.php file where it lists your temp directory. Did you put it in as /catalog/temp? if so change it to /temp. In your post I see it giving a double path for the temp directory.

HTH,

Ron

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

another thing, did you save your file in tab delimited format, and not an excel spreadsheet? xls files dont import, but tab delimited do.

your temp folder also must have properties of 777

you also have a configuration error somewhere, look for the double '//' in the string:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/sites/site3/web/catalog//catalog/temp/Databse.xls):

Edited by Mibble

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

That is the default directory path without changes, I have since changed it to /temp

that seemed to corrct one fo the problems but now I have a new one. I never had these problems with the CRE loaded version but it had to many things in it that was useless and not needed.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php41UYsl

User filename: Database.txt

Size: 146458

| ImGonnaBur | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | no_picture | I'm Gon | | | | | | 0 | 0 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 1 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | Gen Neill | Fiction | | | | | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1054 - Unknown column 'products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag) VALUES ( '31', 1, 'I'm Gonna Bury You!', '', '', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

Thanks Again

are you using the header tags controller contribution? that is what it is looking for . . . it will also look for head desc tag, and head keywords. and since you dont seem to be using them, i would remove them from your ep file.

Everyone,

Here are a few things that I have discovered about uploading and downloading Easy Populate files. Stuff that doesn't seem to be in the instructions.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

The first time that a product is added to the DB, the v_products_name_1 field must contain a name. Otherwise, the product will be added to the DB but will not show up in your OSCommerc admin panel.
    A product must be contained within a category. Otherwise, the product will not show up in the "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" file format. However, it will show up in the other file formats.

I hope this helps somebody because it sure drove me nuts for a while. If anyone else has some EP tips to contribute post them and I will put together an FAQ somewhere. I am sure I will have more to add to this soon. Oh yeah, please feel free to tell me I am wrong about either of the above.

Cheers,

Derek :D

Thanks for the great contrib.

I'm looking to create a site that sells royalty free audio. I currently have about 100 files but will be exampanding to 1000's in the future. I'm using the download option to enable file downloading after checkout.

When I downloaded an EP .txt file to see what the fields are for the download attributes (filename of the file to download) it isn't included. I'm assuming this is because that information is kept in another database?

Can anyone give me some tips on where to go next? What I would like to do is upload my list of files complete with filenames for the download side of it. Is this possible?

Cheers

Simon

Oh ok,

Just checked and there is another database called product_attributes_download.

It has the fields:

products_attributes_id - same as in the other databases eg: 28

products_attributes_filename - the filename of the download eg: ambience.zip

products_attributes_maxdays - max days download is available eg: 2

products_attributes_maxcount - max number of downloads eg: 4

Man,

anyone successfully altered the PHP to add extra fields ?

- simon :blink:

if you browse back to about page 10 or so, you will find my easy populate php script which has additional fields, you can use that as a reference to yours and modify it respectively.

I'm having a problem with negative price_prefixes in easypopulate. If I enter a negative price for my attribute, it shows up in the ldropdown ist with an extra negative sign, (-$-250) but still acts as a positive in my cart. Is there a workaround for this? Sorry if its been done to death, but I couldn't find it with a search.

G.