• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

it appears by looking at your fields, that you have added som fields/contributions to your database. you will have to manually go in and add the fields into your ep file. the best thing to do, is to download a copy of your ep file, see what fields show up in there. then, search ep for any of the fields you do not want, and you can try to remove them, but usually not worth it. for the categories, just put them in, and they should then be placed into the other categories.

you cant just create your own csv and expect it to work, you will have to match up your fields, thus the reason to download first, look, see what you get.

easiest way i fould for this is to manually go in and add a few products, then download and see what went where.

for finding how the tables relate with each other, can look at the different fields in each database, using logic as what is what, you can see how they relate. else download via odbc into microsoft access, and you can see a bit easier there too. some of the table names are a bit long to work properly with access, thus i have had to rename lots of mine to drop the size of the names down to enable relationships, for my access application to administer the database.

Hi!

Great contrib.

I just installed the mod and run in to this error:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /web/companies/eware/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1317

This is my 1317th line:

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

What should I do?

Thanks in adv.

Andrew

which version did you download? if you downloaded the one which has master products and you do not use master products you will get errors

I do use master product.

Ive found the problem it was a missing dot.

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

but should be

echo FILENAME . ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

I will try to install 2.74.

Sorry if I?m asking this again, but I really didn?t feel like sifting through the 18 pages of these forums to see if anyone has already asked, but I have EZier New Fields installed and would like EP to output the new database field to the spreadsheet for editing the new retail_price and not have to go through and edit a store of 5,000 items one by one. checked out the easypopulate.php file and wasn?t quite sure how to go about it. Can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm having a problem where i can't update products w/ easy populate. Such as moving them to different categories. Instead, upon "update" the product is being duplicated instead of being physically moved. I'm not sure what is wrong, but i know its not a model # problem.

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible with EP to redefine the image paths through a csv file?

I mean if I delete all the pictures from the /catalog/images directory (because currently all the images are in the /catalog/images directory without any structure) and upload my own structured image categories (images will be grouped by type and manufacturers and etc) like:

• Software
    • Microsoft
    • Adobe
    • Macromedia

[*]Hardware

• Winchester
      • Maxtor
      • Seagate

[*]Videocards

• ATI
      • Nvidia
      • Matrox

[*]Others

then it is possible to fix the db through EP with a well corrected csv file?

Im not native english. if something not clear to all of you please tell me.

Best regards, Andrew

EP_v2_74_MS2 on osc ms2, I have a little issue with images, I have uploaded the files ok, but they are not showing images, I have checked the paths to the images and they are there but images dont show.

I am wondering, I am using sage to extract the image data and the image names have spaces in and upper and lower case text and also they are .jpg images would any of these factors cause my problems.?

example image path:

thumbs/tn_temp 72.jpg image does not show.

and I am uploading in ep an image description like this - thumbs/tn_temp 72.jpg

However after a little playing and a post on a forum, suggested doing a dirinfo in ftp to get image files and paste into excel image field, I did this and now the path is like this

thumbs/tn_temp%2072.jpg and the image shows, can anyone throw any light on this problem I have.

Another little question I have regarding EP, I want to use big_images would this work as I need to also define in excel a large image file to show also/

If not could someone plz suggest an alternative contribution plz.

many thx in advance for any help.

the spaces cause problems, remove them. wreaks havoc. other than that, no problem in having images going into multiple folders.

for big images, no problem on that with ep, as long as you have the fields setup. easier to add the fields than it is to try to get the ones dset[up in ep, which are commented out.

as far as the request for help, where the individual didnt feel like sifting through 18 pages, well you saw what kind of response you got. you have to help yourself here, use the search function, when you blatantly state you dont want to sift through things, shows us your initiative.

Edited by Mibble

as far as the request for help, where the individual didnt feel like sifting through 18 pages, well you saw what kind of response you got. you have to help yourself here, use the search function, when you blatantly state you dont want to sift through things, shows us your initiative.

Wots this bit about, and thx for that regarding spaces I thought it could be something to do with that and regarding the ep file edit I will do as you suggest many thx again great help.

read the post about four above your request for help.

yes, spaces are not good in any of this. also, make sure you use the \ slash in front of apostrophes, etc

:unsure: and what about with my post?

It is possible with EP to redefine the image paths through a csv file?

Yes or not? I dont want to take down my site and the database?

Please answer me. :blink:

I use HTML code in my product descriptions, and when I upload them. The file looks good, but when I upload it in some products it changes the code.

Is there a setting or something that can fix this?

Thanks!

Sample Code:

Original Code:

<table width="65%" border="1" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#FFFFFF">

Corrupted:

<table width=ඉ%" border=ŕ" align="center" cellpadding=Ŕ" cellspacing=Ŕ" bordercolor="#FFFFFF">

All my products use this same style of table, it does not corrupt all of them though. Only certains, it also changes the time date stamp from the date it was too all 0's.

Nope, not at all.....

I have version 2.74 should I try a diffrent version?

it seems to only be with HTML I posted above. If I remove the table and just use <br> it works fine. Just seems to be those few peices of HTML script.

I have excel 2003, but thats irrelevant to the problem. I can manual create a product in osc, download the EP file, without even opening it, and turnaround and re-upload it, and that protion of the HTML script, is like you see above. Its got something to do with how ep is looking at the data when its reading the file, and takes "65 and converts it to ඉ