• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

' is used alot in sql and php, so unless you \ it, the server wont be able to determine if its a text ' or a php '.

I dont think there is a way around it

easy populate is for those who have lots of products, that they want to import/make changes to.

there is a way to make product changes in the admin panel, lots depend upon exactly what you want/need done.

ideally what I want to do is use easypopulate to import my products to start with. Then I was hoping to use it to maintain my products.

ie I will maintain my products in a spreadsheet and import the changes and new products. But I seem to be being told that i can't use easypopulate to make changes to products

easy populate is for those who have lots of products, that they want to import/make changes to.

there is a way to make product changes in the admin panel, lots depend upon exactly what you want/need done.

ideally what I want to do is use easypopulate to import my products to start with. Then I was hoping to use it to maintain my products.

ie I will maintain my products in a spreadsheet and import the changes and new products. But I seem to be being told that i can't use easypopulate to make changes to products

I installed, it is working, I think. ONly problem I see is it is not showing up, only in the Product Expected area. I tried editing it there and it disappeared. I have look in all my category area but can not be found. When you go to the store the Number of products has raised, but doesn't show it there. Can some-One tell me what has happen to it.

you can maintain the products via easy populate, just keep the same model #'s for the original products, make your changes, add more products at the end and there will be new product id's generated for anything new.

for the products not showing up, it could be you have a field off somewhere or modified your ep program. did you add any fields to easypopulate.php?

I am having similar problems. All the products get uploaded to the database, I can see them there. When I go to Categorie/Products after that, they are not showing. I went line by line through the categories.php and can not see that problem.

I have Linda's Secv2. I managed to get it to stop the parse error after uncommenting the items instructed to, but now it won't pick up the fields or images in admin. This is what I am getting, but nothing for the bimage or subimages. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

v_products_model;v_products_image;v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;

v_products_url_1;v_products_head_title_tag_1;v_products_head_desc_tag_1;

v_products_head_keywords_tag_1;v_products_price;v_products_weight;

v_date_avail;v_date_added;v_products_quantity;v_attribute_options_id_1;

v_attribute_options_name_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_1_1;

v_attribute_values_price_1_1;v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1;

v_attribute_values_id_1_2;v_attribute_values_price_1_2;

v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_1_3;

v_attribute_values_price_1_3;v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1;

v_attribute_options_id_2;v_attribute_options_name_2_1;

v_attribute_values_id_2_1;v_attribute_values_price_2_1;

v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_2_2;

v_attribute_values_price_2_2;v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1;

v_attribute_options_id_3;v_attribute_options_name_3_1;

v_attribute_values_id_3_1;v_attribute_values_price_3_1;

v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1;v_attribute_options_id_4;

v_attribute_options_name_4_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_1;

v_attribute_values_price_4_1;v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1;

v_attribute_values_id_4_2;v_attribute_values_price_4_2;

v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_3;

v_attribute_values_price_4_3;v_attribute_values_name_4_3_1;

v_manufacturers_name;v_categories_name_1;v_categories_name_2;

v_categories_name_3;v_tax_class_title;v_status;EOREOR

look on the previous page of this thread, and then make your changes based upon what i have working. if you look closely, you will see the images, etc, everything you have in your database plus some new ones i put in there. just replace your new ones with mine

I have that darn parse error back again. I realized that I didn't have the most recent version, so I updated it. That error is back and I'm sure that I will still not be able to get the bimage and subimages.

Mibble: I saw in posts a while back that you had the same error on line 1680 or so. How did you fix that?

use my version which is on page 13, and then modify to what you need if you only need images, then delete anything which has dvd, etc. search the file for dvd and you will see where i added

I got passed the parse again. As I thought it is not showing the bimage, subimage fields etc.

John,

I saw your recent post. I don't know who you were directing to see your previous post on page 13, but I couldn't find any code from you for quite a few pages back.

Maybe you have some ideas as to why this isn't picking up the fields? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi,

Has anyone got the EP attributes to work with Family Products v3.x?

I have installed and tried a download, but spreadsheet appears to place all attributes against all products, and ignores them all on import - or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Further to last post, am also using Option Type Feature 1.6 - can anyone advise what needs to be done to EasyPop to get teh attributes to work with this?
You should be able to use it as is. You just won't be able to specify the option type in easy populate.

If you need to be able to specify the option type, you could add an extra column and adjust the walk function to handle it.

Cheers,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. When I use EasyPop to download a file, it has the following structure:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_3 v_attribute_values_price_2_3 v_attribute_values_name_2_3_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_4 v_attribute_options_name_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_1 v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

Testmod1 Model2_image.gif My First Test Product My Test Product Description  19.4957 0  19/2/04 17:59 7 1 Color 2 Size 14  16" 15  11" 16  20" 3 Add Gift Wrap 17 2.95 Yes 4 Gift Message 0 0 TEXT Category 1 SubCat 1  Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Testmod2 Mod2_image.gif My Second Test Product My test 2 prod desc  19.4957 0  19/2/04 17:48 7 1 Color 2 Size 14  16" 15  11" 16  20" 3 Add Gift Wrap 17 2.95 Yes 4 Gift Message 0 0 TEXT Category 1 SubCat2  Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

As you can see, all attributes are listed against both products - which doesn't seem right (esp as they both only have Gift Wrap and Add Gift Wrap attributes, not any of the Size or Color)... the only mod that I have which includes edits to the Products Options/Attributes tables is Products Option Type Feature 1.6. Have been through the EP code and can't see how this would affect... but not entirely sure.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

Cheers

Rob

all attributes are listed however they are not enabled, open the spread sheet and then find a product you know that has an attribute, and compare what is in the columns next to it with the others

Hi John,

Thanks - that helped a lot - I now realise that unless an attribute row is complete, it does not get uploaded. I also found that this means that text boxes in Products Options Type does not work if the products_options_values_id is set to 0 (as suggested in POT instructions).

So after making sure that the this is non zero and making the price correction indicated earlier in this thread to prevent rounding, all is working great.

Thanks again

Rob

Apologies for two posts in a row...

Been trying to figure out how to add full compatibility for Product Type Options 1.6 (following Matt's hints above), but am struggling as I am not very familiar with this contribution.

Can anyone who is familiar with the coding in this contribution let me know the code changes to make to add an extra column for 'products_options_type' in the table 'products_option'.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hello All,

For some reason I can't download the complete or the model/attributes databases. the other ones are all okay and i'm led to believe that it's because they dont contain the attributes...

does anyone have any ideas why this is? I can't figure it out.

thanks in advance~

=brett=

i have been able to do a complete download of ep, as long as there were no options. as soon as the customer added options, now i cant download diddly. thus, off to resetup a database, without options and manually create them.

Mibble,

Yep that's the problem. If you set attributes to true it quits downloading. Turn it off and it works again. But can't get any of the folks that know what's what to answer.

Regards,

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?