• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hello Im have a bit of a problem :-(

Im trying to install EP_v2_73_MS2 and it all seems to be working very nicely apart from a couple of things.

If i get rid of the 0 for a product attribute it isn't deleting it ? Has any one else had this problem?

also when I try to save the file in excel 2003 i get the following error

file may contain features that are not compatible with text (tab deliminated). do you want to keep the work book in this format.

I keep chooseing yes but was wandering if this could have something to do with the above problem.

also right at the bottom after an import there is the following line which i guess shouldn't be there?

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

anyone got any ideas??

Thank you

Sam

If i get rid of the 0 for a product attribute it isn't deleting it ? Has any one else had this problem?

Sorry can't help with this part of the question.

also when I try to save the file in excel 2003 i get the following error

file may contain features that are not compatible with text (tab deliminated). do you want to keep the work book in this format.

This is a warning and has nothing to do with the other. You cannot save a multiple page or specially formatted workbook as a tab delimited file.

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Look at the last line of your input file. There is nothing there thus the line not imported message. As long as this message does not appear above the last line there should not be a problem.

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

Hello,

I have installed your latest version of Easy Populate, it seems to work great, upload files, split files, and import files works excellent. But when I goto download or create a tab delimited txt file from Easy Populate, it just gives me a error 500 and it says "Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php"

temp folder is chmodded to 777, the file manager in osCommerce can write to that folder....

What could be causing this?

Hello,

This may have been asked, how can I assign a category id and / or product id to an item, or selection of items? i need specific #'s for the products.

Hi I have a problem:

Example:

1 Product should be in like 5 categories available (because its additonal to some other product and should be available in the same category as the "master" product)

I know about the "Master Products contribution", but it's too much effort to service that with like 1000 Articles 200 new in and old out every month...

...so - is it possible to have more categories for only one same product?

...because the model is only once in our stock DB (that produces the CSV sheet for the webshop DB) and due to stock overview it should stay like that in our webshop DB besides from that it would corrupt the webshop DB to have a single product like 15 times with the same model number in there!

Any suggestions? :unsure:

Hi!

I got this parse error when I went to admin/catalog/easypopulate

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/classicr/public_html/natbutiken/admin/easypopulate.php on line 659

Somebody how know what the error means and how I can fix it?

All help are welcome!

//VinylHenke

Hi!

I got this parse error when I went to admin/catalog/easypopulate

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/classicr/public_html/natbutiken/admin/easypopulate.php on line 659

Somebody how know what the error means and how I can fix it?

All help are welcome!

//VinylHenke

go to line 659 and look for the parse error...

...its only a syntax problem... ;)

anyone knows about my problem?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...00entry335036

Did anyone add specials with beginning and end date into easy populate?

specials are defined in a different db-table - I manage them from admin panel...

...if you want to upload them you'd have to make a copy of ep and manipulate it to connect and work with the different db-table...

...it's called "specials" btw....

;)

Edited by iveo

Hola espero que alguien hable espa?ol para que pueda entender la respuesta:

Hello i do this:

1. I Go to Admin -> Catalog -> Easy Populate

2. I Click one of the links at the bottom of the box marked "Download a txt file to edit" and save the tab-delimited txt file in my local machine.

3. I Edit the file in Excel just right click and "Open with" -> Excel.

4. i add a ono product, save the file:

Excel users: as a "Text (tab delimited)" file from Excel

first error "the txt is not compatible with Text (tab delimited)", but if i only open the file and save, i have the same error

5. Now i go back to Admin -> Catalog -> Easy Populate and click the upper Browse button, find my file that you want to upload, then click Upload and Insert Into Database. and see the next error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/tuningca/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004mar31-2008.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tuningca/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpoDfggS' to '/home/tuningca/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004mar31-2008.txt' in /home/tuningca/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Archivo subido al servidor. 
Archivo temporal: /tmp/phpoDfggS
Nombre de usuario: EP2004mar31-2008.txt
Tama?o: 8284

Warning: file(/home/tuningca/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004mar31-2008.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tuningca/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 644

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tuningca/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

why??

Hi - newbie here.

I installed this contribution last night and it appears that all is well (knocking wood).

The day before I installed the latest Master Products contribution.

Since the add-on of Easypopulate, on my products page, it is adding a quantity field (clickable text) next to the Master Products dropdown. I have check stock disabled in Admin, however this is the number showing up on the slave items list under the master in the new quantity field.

Did I miss something somewhere, or is there a way to disable the qty. field from showing?

Thank You for a great contribution!!

Betty

:blink:

anyone know whats going on here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78558

I cant get html to work the first time, I have to go in and manual update the products before it will show right. but I never have to actually update anything in the description just go through the motion to get it to convert right.. Im at whits end, love this contrib but I am adding 300 items at a time and its not good.

I have tried with the false and true for " replacement, doesnt seem to make a difference.

due to the time constraints with a server, etc, you are pretty much limited to 300 items at a time. use the easy populate split function for your 1000 items, it will automatically create 4 files and the upload should be done in about 4 to 6 minutes. im working on about 25000 items and have no problem with this program, other than figuring out how to do tons and tons of attributes. my spreadsheet has exceeded the width of 255 columns now.

for your post, i posted this in the other section:

mike9999, easy populate is not your problem with the pasting of your description, it is a limitation with excel, it doesnt like that many characters. if you have 130 lines in a product description, i know i would not take the time to read it. but that is me. you will have to manually type in or cut and paste several times.

Edited by Mibble

Hi,

I am using easypopulate to populate my store - Thank you to everyone who has contritubed to it -

I have a few qs.

I'd like to be able to clear my store every couple of months because I get a new spreadsheet from my supplier. To clear the store seems to be the only way to remove out of stock products. It is no problem to regenerate the import, but I don't want to have to include product descriptions in the upload since I will have to add these manually to the import file

Can I use easypopulate to amend data? Ie what I'd like to do is empty the store, import the spreadsheet from my supplier and then import another spreadsheet containing product descriptions?

does anyone know what i am doing - I seem to be creating a dummy product , ie spaces for product nanem zero for price?

Thanks

Jo

you can import the description at the same time, trying to do it via easy populate just the descriptions, doesnt work.

the downside if you delete all your products, is if someone comes back to the store and wants to see their history, if those products are deleted, there is no way they can see the history of the products. just set them to inactive.

there in lies my problem!

The spreadshhet with revised products etc doesn't have the descriptions on it. Therefore when I create my new import file every 2 monthsts i don't want to have to rematch descriptions to products in the import file. There are several hundred products.

Is the only way to make product changes via the admin panel?

easy populate is for those who have lots of products, that they want to import/make changes to.

there is a way to make product changes in the admin panel, lots depend upon exactly what you want/need done.

Hey guys I am getting some sort of sql error when I try to upload the .txt file. I have not modified the file in any way, I am just testing easy populate by downloading the complete file then uploading it and this is what I get:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpoCGVPr
User filename: EP2004Apr14-0707.txt
Size: 23499
| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | 299.99 | 23.00 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 32 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | +0.0000 | Value | 6 | +100.0000 | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | +0.0000 | 4 mb | 2 | +50.0000 | 8 mb | 3 | +70.0000 | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
| MG400-32MB | matrox/mg4 | Matrox G40 | Dramatical | www.matrox | 499.99 | 23.00 | 0000-00-00 | 0000-00-00 | 32 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | +0.0000 | Premium | 7 | +120.0000 | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | -10.0000 | 16 mb | 4 | +0.0000 | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's fastest graphics chip, the Millennium G400 Series takes explo

UPDATE products_description SET products_name='Matrox G400 32MB', products_description='Dramatically Different High Performance Graphics

Introducing the Millennium G400 Series - a dramatically different, high performance graphics experience. Armed with the industry's fastest graphics chip, the Millennium G400 Series takes explosive acceleration two steps further by adding unprecedented image quality, along with the most versatile display options for all your 3D, 2D and DVD applications. As the most powerful and innovative tools in your PC's arsenal, the Millennium G400 Series will not only change the way you see graphics, but will revolutionize the way you use your computer.

Key features:

New Matrox G400 256-bit DualBus graphics chip
Explosive 3D, 2D and DVD performance
DualHead Display
Superior DVD and TV output
3D Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping
Vibrant Color Quality rendering 
UltraSharp DAC of up to 360 MHz
3D Rendering Array Processor
Support for 16 or 32 MB of memory
', products_url='www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g400/home.htm' WHERE products_id = '2' AND language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for any help.

Edited by ryanf

If I was crafty, this would be a funny signature.

Yeah that was it, I added \ in front of all the ' and it worked. Is there a way to make it so thats not the case? Or is that a big no no in sql.

Thanks for the help Mibble

If I was crafty, this would be a funny signature.