• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hello, i have a question, maby for Vj ?

I have a site in 3 languages, Easy populate is working great, except that it only makes new catagories in de default language, and in the other languages it moves the category box or coolmenu box. Please take a look at My Webpage and jou will see what i mean. The default language is dutch, when you look in english you will see that the categorie box has moved, and that not all the categories are there.

So what i think there has to be done is to ad a few lines for the catagories from other languages in Easy populate.

But i realy don't know how to do that :(

Can somebody please help me

with regards,

Don

Okay here we go again with the non-programmer questions.

I do not understand php so I am not sure my assumptions are correct here (I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong) but I am trying to understand this.

1. I see only three files that are called in this script and they are standard includes of application_top, database_tables, and application_bottom and do not include categories or any other admin or catalog files.

2. All the logic appears to be file layout and sql functions.

Since I cannot download a file that contains attributes would it make sense that there is a problem reading from the database? As I said earlier I can download a full file if I turn the attribs off.

Is it possible to set the timeout beyond the 330 in the file even though I am doubtful that it would help?

Does anyone know how to modify EP so that it can be run from the command line using the cgi version of php? I managed to figure out how to get past my initial problem with that but then started getting parse errors that go beyond what would seem logical to comment the lines out to avoid (i.e. commenting out the version seems more logical than commenting out the file includes).

Thanks,

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

I discovered the source of the problem I had. Not a problem with Easy Populate at all, but something that may want to be added to avoid problems.

By default, OSC creates the database with character limits (32 characters for a category name). A few of my sub-category names were longer by one or two characters, so they were being truncated and causing Easy Populate to not recognize them as category name together and therefore giving me duplicate categories. A simple check could fix this from being a problem.

Good work on Easy Populate, works great!

Edited by Sagan

By default, OSC creates the database with character limits (32 characters for a category name). A few of my sub-category names were longer by one or two characters, so they were being truncated and causing Easy Populate to not recognize them as category name together and therefore giving me duplicate categories.

Yes- that happened to me... I just now finished deleting the 132 repeats of the same category. :o For future reference, is there a way to go through and delete these rogue entries that doesn't involve three screens? (Not that I plan on having it happen again, but you never know.....)

Shari

guys help.

i added the retail price column with EZ fields.

now when i load up

i get this error

--------------------------------

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '

'100' 'NULL')' at line 23

INSERT INTO products ( products_retail_price, products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '', '2', '20', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", "1/18/2004 22:27", '1', '12', '12',

'100' 'NULL')

-----------------------------

i can use os to add and delete stuff but when i use EP i get the error above and then the items that are there gets duplicated.

Please help been playing around for weeks.

Wow - it looks like this is the program (EP) for me, but I am 90% sure I will run into trouble (as a non-programmer) and it appears as though the guru (VJ) has gone AWOL. Here's a preemptive cry for help as I throw caution to the wind and dive into EP. Wish me luck :rolleyes:

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with this error.

I have installed EP_v2_73_MS2 then updated the easypopulate.php for oscommerce-2.2ms2 and I get the following error:

Warning: main(includes/database_tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/Library/WebServer/Documents/admin/easypopulate.php on line 157

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/database_tables.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in/Library/WebServer/Documents/admin/easypopulate.php on line 157

Where am to get this file ""database_tables.php"" from?

Did I install the wrong package?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

roku

I installed ur contrib on a fresh install of OSCommerce. I got following error when I tried to download the complete file.

"1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'"

I then tried to Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file. That downloaded succesfully but but when uploading got the exact same error as above.

It was a FRESH install. I didn't modify anything (in DB or in code except the changes mentioned in manual)

hi there i am long time user of oscommerce but i have changed lanes to a new commerce site called cube cart i like the layout much better than oscommerce and it is easier to work with but saying that it does not have any way of adding multiple products and categories at one time.

i am just wondering if the creator(s) of easy populate would like to look at making a version of easy populate for cube cart i am willing to offer the use of a cube cart installation and access to the cube cart folder via ftp.

so if you are willing to expand your development please let me know so i can setup the relevent needs.

my email is [email protected]

kind regards

Anthony

First I like to say that this is a great contribution thanks for all the hard work and time you put into this.

Here is what I did:

I downloaded with "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit"

deleted all Colmns except v_products_id, v_products_model and v_products_description_1

then I edited 3 rows in v_products_description_1

saved the file as .txt file

From Easy Populate I did "Upload EP File"

The description was not changed - I even checked the mySQL database to make sure that my browser wasn't playing a game on me.

I received following output:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phps6M8GA
User filename: test2.txt
Size: 465
| 31178 | 31178 | Sweeten up Updated
| 31303 | 31303 | One of the Updated
| | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Is there a way to do this.

Gr?ssle

I NEED HELP!... IM TRYING TO USE EASY POPULATE RIGHT NOW BUT AM DEFINITLY MISSING SOMETHING. WHEN I CLICK ON THE EASY POPULATE LINK THERE IS A BLANK PAGE. IM GUESSING THERE IS AN OPEN COMMENT SOMEWHERE BUT I CANNOT FIND IT AND I HAVENT EVEN EDITED THE CODE YET SO I HAVE NOT A CLUE OF WHATS GOING ON. HELP :D

I UPLOADED INTO CATALOG>ADMIN:

EASY POPULATE;

EASY POPULATE FUNCTIONS;

AND FOR LANGUAGES:

CATALOG>ADMIN>INCLUDES>LANGUAGES>ENGLISH>EASYPOPULATE.PHP

IM RUNNING THE NEWEST OSC BTW

AND THAT IS ALL I HAVE TOUCHED!

THANKS

First I like to say that this is a great contribution thanks for all the hard work and time you put into this.

Here is what I did:

I downloaded with "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit"

deleted all Colmns except v_products_id, v_products_model and v_products_description_1

then I edited 3 rows in v_products_description_1

saved the file as .txt file

From Easy Populate I did "Upload EP File"

The description was not changed - I even checked the mySQL database to make sure that my browser wasn't playing a game on me.

I received following output:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phps6M8GA
User filename: test2.txt
Size: 465
| 31178 | 31178 | Sweeten up Updated
| 31303 | 31303 | One of the Updated
| | | 

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Is there a way to do this.

you need to have a few more columns.

the first one needs to be v_products_model and the last few need to be (in this order)

v_tax_class_title, then, v_status, then, EOREOR.

The best thing to do is to download your current store, then make any amendments keeping the structure as much the same as possible, then upload it.

If it works then it'll be because of you struture modification, if it doesn't then it means that you haven't applied the contrib correctly.

Just a quick note to the above...

Cube Cart is not Open Source.

Not sure how this benefits OSC at all.

ChrissieB

well i wasnt asking for it to contribute i was asking that the creators of EP would like to expand their script to another commerce and yes i know that cube cart is not open source but i own a licence to it hense i can do anything i like to it....

I am now offering $50 US Dollars to anyone that can modify EP to work with Cube Cart.

i will pay via paypal but only once the work is completed. if you are interested my email is [email protected]

Can someone help me? I just finished installing Easy Populate 2.72 and when I tried to go to Admin > Catalog > Easy Populate I receive this error on the screen.

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 659

I just installed a fresh osCommerce 2.2 MS2

Can someone help me fix the problem? Thanks.

Hi

in the line 659 is this code!

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

you must change it with this!

echo FILENAME . ': ' . $localfile . '<br>';

LG

I installed ur contrib on a fresh install of OSCommerce. I got following error when I tried to download the complete file.

"1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'"

I then tried to Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file. That downloaded succesfully but but when uploading got the exact same error as above.

It was a FRESH install. I didn't modify anything (in DB or in code except the changes mentioned in manual)

it would appear that youhave the version of easypopulate for mastrer products. If you do not have the master products contribution installed you must use the normal version of easypopulate.

I need help with Easy Populate 2.73. I finished installing Easy Populate in my fresh osCommerce but when I tried my old database I got the msg:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Feb01-1212.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpzgvJIo' to '/home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Feb01-1212.txt' in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpzgvJIo

User filename: EP2004Feb01-1212.txt

Size: 332983

Warning: file(/home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Feb01-1212.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

Please help if anyone know how to fix this!

I need help with Easy Populate 2.73. I finished installing Easy Populate in my fresh osCommerce but when I tried my old database I got the msg:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Feb01-1212.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpzgvJIo' to '/home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Feb01-1212.txt' in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpzgvJIo

User filename: EP2004Feb01-1212.txt

Size: 332983

Warning: file(/home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2004Feb01-1212.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ncomesco/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

Please help if anyone know how to fix this!

It seems that there is a problem with the temp location.

Open the easypopulate.php file, search for $tempdir (there should be 2 lines)

remove the /catalog/ entry in one of them, give it a try. If that doesn't work try the other one. I had problems (almost identical) and that cured it for me.

Hi,

I made a few modification to the EP with attributes so that it could have a multilingual admin and it have an option to easy the work for thouse who don't use product_model.

It is at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1838

It was quite simple but I wasn't very familiar with the way to make a contribution so I send it like a new contribution rather than a modification to an older one. And I'm afraid that there is an error with the version number. :(

Just to avoid some of the posible confusions.

Hello,

I am using

/*

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.72 2003/12/28 VJ Exp $

*/

When I uncomment the last section where the data is insterted into the table, for the image mods:

$query = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." (

products_image,

products_model,

products_price,

products_status,

products_last_modified,

products_date_added,

products_date_available,

products_tax_class_id,

products_weight,

dvd_star,

dvd_director,

dvd_release_date,

products_quantity,

manufacturers_id)

VALUES (

'$v_products_image',";

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods

$query .= . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

. $v_products_bimage . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

$query .=" '$v_products_model',

'$v_products_price',

'$v_db_status',

CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

$v_date_added,

$v_date_avail,

'$v_tax_class_id',

'$v_products_weight',

'$v_dvd_star',

'$v_dvd_director',

'$v_dvd_release_date',

'$v_products_quantity',

'$v_manufacturer_id') ";

And I am now getting a parse error, which is stating that the line with products_mimage has a parse error. In the unmodified version of EP this is approximately line 1680, anyone have any clues?

When I comment the section out, it works with the new fields I have added.

well i got the program to work on downloading from the store, and also uploading a new product, going to the products table and products description. upon running the insert, i get this error:

Easy Populate 2.72-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpymi8WP

User filename: EP2004Feb10.txt

Size: 3053

| modelthis | icon.gif | new produc | this is th | product sh | | page title | header des | keywords | 125 | 10 | | 2/9/2004 2 | 100 | starring w | the direct | 2/10/2004 | dvd | games | doc john\\ | adult | 259 | vhs | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 | Select Col | 1 | 0 | SE0014-11 | 2 | 0 | SE0014-12 | 3 | 0 | SE0014-22 | 6 | 0 | SE0015-05 | 7 | 0 | SE0015-07 | 8 | 0 | SE0015-15 | 3 | Batteries | 4 | 0 | 1 AAA-Batt | 5 | 0 | Please Do | 9 | 0 | 1 AA-Batte | 10 | 0 | 2 AA-Batte | 11 | 0 | 2 AAA-Batt | 12 | 0 | 2 C-Batter | 13 | 0 | Are Includ | 4 | Select Siz | | Category 1 | SubCategor | SubSubCate | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'v_dvd_features, 'v_dvd_studio, 'v_dvd_categories, 'v_dvd_mo' at line 47

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, dvd_star, dvd_director, dvd_release_date, dvd_type, dvd_features, dvd_studio, dvd_categories, dvd_movie_length, dvd_also_available, products_bimage, products_subimage1, products_bsubimage1, products_subimage2, products_bsubimage2, products_subimage3, products_bsubimage3, products_subimage4, products_bsubimage4, products_subimage5, products_bsubimage5, products_subimage6, products_bsubimage6, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'icon.gif', 'modelthis', '125', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "2/9/2004 20:56", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '', '10', 'starring whomever', 'the director', '2/10/2004', 'v_dvd_type, 'v_dvd_features, 'v_dvd_studio, 'v_dvd_categories, 'v_dvd_movie_length, 'v_dvd_also_available, 'v_products_bimage', 'v_products_subimage1', 'v_products_bsubimage1', 'v_products_subimage2', 'v_products_bsubimage2', 'v_products_subimage3', 'v_products_bsubimage3', 'v_products_subimage4', 'v_products_bsubimage4', 'v_products_subimage5', 'v_products_bsubimage5', 'v_products_subimage6', 'v_products_bsubimage6', '100', 'NULL')

[TEP STOP]

and my eyes are too buggy, so hoping someone can see what i may have missed