The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

latest stable version of easypopulate.

@@cruzing

Eli

try this

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=Easypopulate&v=23

is there a difference between easypopulate and excel populate ?

Yes

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

repost from general add-ons

EP vers: 2.77a-2.3.1

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3

HTTP:

DB:

PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:

/home1/ecvariet/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

Unlimited Images: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: true

PDF Upload: false

Quick Backup Enabled: true

I've been looking for a solution for three days and need help.Doing a lot of reading and maybe it's just me.

I can use easy populate with no issue except I can't get an image linked to a product.

Below are where original images are:

http://www.xxxxxxxy.com/images/microsoft/intkeyboardps2.gif.......... these show fine

under file manager dir=/public_html/images/microsoft/......

uploaded images file via ftp to dir=/public_htm;/images/HonestGreen/....these don't show

http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/images/HonestGreen_Images/0116343.jpg

I go into categories/products and update image(and see image) but nothing updates.

Can someone Please point me in the right direction

Thank You

Edited by cruzing

You say that you're uploading the images to /images/HonestGreen/, but you're looking for the images in /images/HonestGreen_Images/. See the difference?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

it's often said that the solution "is at the tip of our nose"but we fail to recognize it.if've read this before" You say that you're uploading the images to /images/HonestGreen/, but you're looking for the images in /images/HonestGreen_Images/. See the difference?" I just never thought that was the issue, I would have never found it.

Jim Thank you .

Ben

It is fairly self explanatory bt here is a starter for you

Normal - Insert or update

Add New Only Insert only

Update Only

Delete Only

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been googling, reading posts, and tering my hair out over this problem:

I have a problem with export/import using EP.

when i export my products, all is fine. The text i enter in my admin, looks just fine in the csv file. But importing it again (after correcting prices etc.), all text after danish letter æøå/ÆØÅ (nor does thee letter) does not get imported. Using html-encoding (ø æ å) it seems to work fine.

PHPMyAdmin says my DB is using

utf8_danish_ci

. My languagefiles use UTF8 (dansk.php).

Are there any files that i have missed perhaps?

And is there a difference to

utf8_danish_ci and

utf8_general_ci, and the definition on my languagefile: da_DK.utf8 Should they be named exactly the same?

Timo Jensen

I have tried hard to solve this problem but have reached the end. Running osCmax v2.5.2 which has EasyPopulate already installed. The new products are not added to the store.

Have changed the temp directory permissions to 777

* downloaded the complete .csv file

* only have 1 product in my store, copied the line, changed the model number and one word in v_products_name_1;

* uploaded the file (which has been saved as csv) and get the following message:-

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php3KSrms

User filename: EP2013Jan24-0404.csv

Size: 13389

Nothing else and when I check the store products the new products are not added.

The files are getting save successfully in /temp

Deleted the files in /temp tried again, same issue

Tried saving the file as comma delimited, same issue

Add a third product to the file, using the same method (copying the row), same issue (the size info did change which is what I would expect)

I have read through easyconfig. I did note in the config.php I couldn't see the line:-

define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/');

so I added this. Same issue as above.

My category is Products: A to Z - tried removing the : - same issue. New products are not being added to the store.

I have tried hard to solve this problem but have reached the end. Running osCmax v2.5.2 which has EasyPopulate already installed. The new products are not added to the store.

Have changed the temp directory permissions to 777

* downloaded the complete .csv file

* only have 1 product in my store, copied the line, changed the model number and one word in v_products_name_1;

* uploaded the file (which has been saved as csv) and get the following message:-

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php3KSrms

User filename: EP2013Jan24-0404.csv

Size: 13389

Nothing else and when I check the store products the new products are not added.

The files are getting save successfully in /temp

Deleted the files in /temp tried again, same issue

Tried saving the file as comma delimited, same issue

Add a third product to the file, using the same method (copying the row), same issue (the size info did change which is what I would expect)

I have read through easyconfig. I did note in the config.php I couldn't see the line:-

define ('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/');

so I added this. Same issue as above.

My category is Products: A to Z - tried removing the : - same issue. New products are not being added to the store.

oscmax is a fork and is not support on this forum.

Try posting your question with them.

I am trying to figure out a way to create a cron entery that will automatically import a CVS file that is already downloaded in the temp directory, can anyone help? I know how to create a cron entry, but I'm having trouble finding exactly what to put in the entry line...

I've got so far curl "username:password@websiteaddress/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php?localfile=updatefile.cvs&imputmode=Normal"

but it errors out without any output

I think it's gpot something to do with the fact i'm not able to supply a OSCsid for auth? any suggestions?

Edited by Weekend_warrior1999

Ive sorta got a cron script work around... I'm posting to get some help. This is what I have so far.

separate cron downloads EPcsv.txt

then I run this:

#!/bin/bash

curl -v --cookie cookies.txt --cookie-jar cookies.txt --user-agent Mozilla/4.0 --data "username=username&password=password" http://username:password@@site.com/catalog/admin/login.php?action=process

sleep 10

curl -v --cookie cookies.txt --user-agent Mozilla/4.0 --data "localfile=EPcsv.txt.txt&imput_mode=Normal&buttoninsert=Insert%20into%20db" http://username:password@@site.com/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

When I run this script i get no output for the second curl statement, but if I immediately rerun the script it appears to correctly run, I get a huge output of the CSV file and the PHP/HTML output of the EP/admin area. The thing I dont understand it why it wont work on first run but seems to on second run... I placed the sleep statement to ensure the cookie is saved prior to second curl statement is ran... sorta at a loss.

I am trying to figure out what I am missing and going crazy. I am running oscommerce 2.3.3 and used multiple versions of this add on and for the life of me cannot get the v_products_image field to import. It is just skipping over it like I don't have it defined in my file but I do. Is there a certain version I should be using or a code update I need to apply?

What causes easy populate to not properly place products being added in the folders that are supposed to be created when uploading the easy populate file?

When I upload the easy pop file with 700 products on it, it adds about 3 or so folders each time and places some of the products in them, but the rest are just created and dumped without being in any folder at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well after several days of tinkering, I think I've got a working cron model that downloads both CSV/image files, removes old images, unarchives new images, and imports new CSV file in "Normal" mode, deactives any "out of stock" items and places generic image you already have downloaded as a category image holder, updates sitemaps, and updates google adwords. Gonna test it for a few days and if there is any interest I'll release it as a addon contrib for EP.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed Easy Populate for OSC version 2.3.1 and just uploaded some items. I am switching over to OScommerce from Zen Cart because my credit card processor doesn't support ZC. Anyways in ZC when I do an upload it automatically creates the categories/sub categories but Easy Populate for OScommerce did not do that. Is there something I did wrong?

Thanks

Mark

Download a file and check you are using the correct column headings.

Cheers

G

@@firstcapitalfirearms

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 1 month later...

hi,

i was directed here from the main support forum so i hope this is the correct place for my inquiry.

i just installed osc2.3 and easy populate 2.8 ..

I'm not new to oscommerce or easy populate, but it has been a few years..

i downloaded the default product/categories csv.. removed all but one and modified that to one of my products.. tried uploading ..

it says file uploaded and it is in the temp dir..

but the product is not added.

i tried adding from the temp directory instance and it still does nothing.

(i've tried all options.. update only etc)

i made sure the /temp/ and csv in it are 777

any advice appreciated.

I should note that I am on a mac and have seen weird things with excel files and macs not cooperating.

and the host is godaddy

@@websitewendy

Take the file you downloaded and delete everything in it except the first 2 lines and import that.

Use a text editor to do that not excel or other spreadsheet applicatation.

If that works we are 1 step closer.

Cheers

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

A little help please.

I have added the upc extra field (as per below)and can upload the information but it does not show up anywhere.

Also when I download a .csv file from easy populate the information is there.

v_products_model v_products_upc EOREOR 1125426 2.15E+09 EOREOR

What did I miss ?

Thank You

:x :x

// ** products table **

// Lets say you have added a field to your "products" table called

// "products_upc". The header name in your import file will be

// called "v_products_upc". Then below you will change the line

// that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// TO:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );

//

// If you have multiple fields this is what it would look like:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC', 'products_restock_quantity' => 'Restock' );

//

Hi

You need to add code to the product_info.php script to display the data, not forgetting to amend the query to retrieve the extra field.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.