• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Try /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

SKU is not a standard field, open easypopulate.php and follow the instructions on how to add new fields in the product file.

Then use the Export EP or Froogle Products File and down load a cutom file.

HTH

G

Products Model: is what im looking for to be in the list. it is the standard field isnt it already in osc?

how do i get EP to extract the SKU and Model fields for my products?

Products Model: is what im looking for to be in the list. it is the standard field isnt it already in osc?

Your original post asked for 2 fields!!

Some people have model and sku.

Try looking at the froogle export options and the standard ones below them.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

got a slight issue im sure fixable. i extracted the products and am inserting pricing on the sales fields. when i upload the excel file and choose update only, its duplicating the items it looks like instead of updating the prices. is it suppose to do that? am i missing something or doing something wrong?

can anyone tell me how to add indivial shipping price to this

Open easypopulate.php and follow the instruction contained in there.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Open easypopulate.php and follow the instruction contained in there.

HTH

G

maybe im missing something but it only explains how to add things in the products or products description fields and as its in its own field that doesnt really help

maybe im missing something but it only explains how to add things in the products or products description fields and as its in its own field that doesnt really help

Easy Populate only works for fileds in the products and products description tables. You can add more fields in its code if they are not standard ones but only for those tables. You can't use it to populate any fields not in those tables.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have a question,since ep can support unlimited images contribution,how can I fill in the image list value in the v_products_image_array column,I mean if I have 5 images for product A,it has 1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg,4.jpg,5.jpg,how can I put this

5 images in the v_products_image_array column,should I fill this:1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg,4.jpg,5.jpg,or "1.jpg","2.jpg","3.jpg","4.jpg","5.jpg", or some other way?

Thanks for your attention in advance!

Joe

Hi, Need help with installation for 2.77a . Running os commerce ms2 on an old website and tried to install this add on. Followed the installation guide but, when I login to admin I don't see a link for easypopulate.

Hi, Need help with installation for 2.77a . Running os commerce ms2 on an old website and tried to install this add on. Followed the installation guide but, when I login to admin I don't see a link for easypopulate.

Change step 3 to

after

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

add

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hi,

I have a question,since ep can support unlimited images contribution,how can I fill in the image list value in the v_products_image_array column,I mean if I have 5 images for product A,it has 1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg,4.jpg,5.jpg,how can I put this

5 images in the v_products_image_array column,should I fill this:1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg,4.jpg,5.jpg,or "1.jpg","2.jpg","3.jpg","4.jpg","5.jpg", or some other way?

Thanks for your attention in advance!

Joe

try

1.jpg|2.jpg|3.jpg|4.jpg|5.jpg

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hi, Got easy populate to show up in admin section now. When I try to build a file easypoupulate the webpage just keeps loading until it timesout. Not sure what to do about this . The file I am trying to build only as about 200 items without pictures so I am pretty sure its not due to file size.

Edited by funco

I have easy populate installed, & it has been working fine, but now I am having problems uploading a csv file to update all the weights of the products.

When I try to upload I get this error

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: 
User filename: EP2012May28-1503.csv
Size: 0

Warning: file(/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/temp/EP2012May28-1503.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1069

Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/temp/EP2012May28-1503.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1094
##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Any & all help gratefully received !

My config looks like this

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)

DB: MySQL 4.1.20

PHP: 4.3.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 24

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: true

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

There are instructions in the documentation and easypopulat.php on how to add updates to new tables.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

I have easy populate installed, & it has been working fine, but now I am having problems uploading a csv file to update all the weights of the products.

When I try to upload I get this error

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: 
User filename: EP2012May28-1503.csv
Size: 0

Warning: file(/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/temp/EP2012May28-1503.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1069

Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/temp/EP2012May28-1503.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1094
##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Any & all help gratefully received !

My config looks like this

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

I have been able to upload by ftp the csv file I want to update my database to the /httpdocs/shop/temp folder, & I can choose it as an option in EasyPopulate admin, but when I try to upadte I still get an error,

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1197.

Problems lines my easypopulate.php file read like this

[b]lines 1191 > 1198 :[/b]
   // Now we'll populate the filelayout based on the header row.
  $theheaders_array = explode( $ep_separator, $readed[0] ); // explode the first row, it will be our filelayout
   }

$lll = 0;
   $filelayout = array();
   foreach( $theheaders_array as $header ){
    $cleanheader = str_replace( '"', '', $header);

[b]lines 1048 >1069[/b]
// UPLOAD AND INSERT FILE
//*******************************
if (!empty($_POST['localfile']) or (isset($_FILES['usrfl']) && isset($_GET['split']) && $_GET['split']==0)) {
   if (isset($_FILES['usrfl'])){
    // move the file to where we can work with it
    $file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');
    if (is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'])) {
	    tep_copy_uploaded_file($file, EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY);
    }
    echo "<p class=smallText>";
    echo "File uploaded. <br />";
    echo "Temporary filename: " . $file['tmp_name'] . "<br />";
    echo "User filename: " . $file['name'] . "<br />";
    echo "Size: " . $file['size'] . "<br />";
    // get the entire file into an array
    $readed = file(EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY . $file['name']);

[b]lines 1087 > 1094[/b]
// get the entire file into an array
    $readed = file(EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY . $_POST['localfile']);
   }

if (EP_EXCEL_SAFE_OUTPUT == true) {

// do excel safe input
    $fp = fopen(EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY . (isset($_FILES['usrfl'])?$file['name']:$_POST['localfile']),'r') or die('##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.<br />');  // open file

Anyone out there with any suggestions ?