• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi all

I have had my own website for a couple of years now - I have recently changed to OSC 2.3.1 and EP v2.76i and have also recently had to change all my model name to my suppliers' codes for easier updating - in this process I have changed my model name length for 12 to 20, but in the last 2 updates, I see it keeps adding duplicate products - supplier code is "CA-SATALT90-1B" - I have just downloaded a complete stock file from my website and all codes longer than 12 have been shortened to 12, maning that everytime I update, it adds "new product" when the product is already there! I now have 4 or 5 of the same items on my site!

How do I fix this error?

Thx

Russel

hi there, i have no idea what i did but followed instuctions to the best of my ability.

Now problem is that after installing easypopulate when i click on catalog--> product attributes in the backend of OSC then i come out to the EP documentation.

What file did i stuff up to do this? :)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/test_store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1082

Anybody know what this error points to in a 2.3.1 shop?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/test_store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1082

Which version of easy populate are you using?

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Hi

I have just installed EP_v2_77a_22RC2a by Roaddoctor (4 March 2012 package) on a MS2.2 store with about 3500 products.

I can download something simple such as a Model/Category file but When I click Create & Download I eventually (after about a minute) get an 500 Internal Server Error. What is the problem?

Thanks,

Ben

My host has now told me that the script does not have the correct log in details:

Apache-Error: [file "mod_auth_basic.c"] [line 264] [level 3] user admin not found: /test/admin/easypopulate.php, referer: http://www.mysite.co.uk/test/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog
Apache-Error: [file "core.c"] [line 3714] [level 3] File does not exist: /home/account/public_html/401.shtml, referer: http://www.mysite.co.uk/test/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

Edited by Benjjj6

Does anyone have a solution for running this script on a store with lots of products? Currently I can not even download the .csv as the server times out after 60 seconds.

I know we can split the file for uploading, but what about downloading?

When uploading a .csv do all columns need to be in the file? ie. Are all the columns necessary?

And, Does EasyPopulate support the updating of attributes? I am not sure how to get that to work?

Edited by Benjjj6

Anybody?

It indicates an error in the code around lines 1080 to 1083 in easypopulate.php.

If we could be shown 10 lines before and after that line, might be able to help more.

HTH

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

how do i get EP to extract the SKU and Model fields for my products?

SKU is not a standard field, open easypopulate.php and follow the instructions on how to add new fields in the product file.

Then use the Export EP or Froogle Products File and down load a cutom file.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

When uploading a .csv do all columns need to be in the file? ie. Are all the columns necessary?

And, Does EasyPopulate support the updating of attributes? I am not sure how to get that to work?

You can upload using files that only contain the columns you need but read the documentation for the mandatory fields certainly the model no and EOREOR are 2 you need.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Does anyone have a solution for running this script on a store with lots of products? Currently I can not even download the .csv as the server times out after 60 seconds.

I know we can split the file for uploading, but what about downloading?

Either set the maximum execution time in php.ini to a higher value or make a custom feed and filter on manufacturer of category.

HTH

G

PS Attributes can be loaded using EP but it took me ages workiing out how to do it, download a sample file of products that have attributes and then use that as a template to upload/amend products with attributes.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Either set the maximum execution time in php.ini to a higher value or make a custom feed and filter on manufacturer of category.

HTH

G

PS Attributes can be loaded using EP but it took me ages workiing out how to do it, download a sample file of products that have attributes and then use that as a template to upload/amend products with attributes.

Thank you for your help Geoffrey, I really appreciate it.

It indicates an error in the code around lines 1080 to 1083 in easypopulate.php.

If we could be shown 10 lines before and after that line, might be able to help more.

HTH

G

}

//*******************************
// S T A R T
// PAGE DELIVERY
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>
<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?phpecho "Easy Populate ".EP_CURRENT_VERSION." - Default Language : " . EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_NAME . '(' . EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID .')' ;?>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
 function switchForm( field ) {
var d = document;
var frm = field.form;
var tbl = d.getElementById('customtable');

if(d.getElementById)

^ Lines 1070-1090

Edited by zeus_r6

Hi there,

sorry to sound like a dunce here but does anyone know if the latest version of Easy Populate works with v2.2 rc2 as it seems to be playing a few tricks with my products.

Cheers

}

// S T A R T
// PAGE DELIVERY
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>
<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?phpecho "Easy Populate ".EP_CURRENT_VERSION." - Default Language : " . EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_NAME . '(' . EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID .')' ;?>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
 function switchForm( field ) {
var d = document;
var frm = field.form;
var tbl = d.getElementById('customtable');

if(d.getElementById)

^ Lines 1070-1090

Most people would have a space between <?php and echo

:-)

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Most people would have a space between <?php and echo

HTH

G

This file is as it was from the download...I'll add a space, but the author may want to update the download :)

As it is open source you might care to contribute by correcting it and uploading it yourself.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

hi there, i have no idea what i did but followed instuctions to the best of my ability.

Now problem is that after installing easypopulate when i click on catalog--> product attributes in the backend of OSC then i come out to the EP documentation.

What file did i stuff up to do this? :)

Can anybody help me with this please?