• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

If you havent done already I would read the easypopulate.php configure file and then

Try changing the field seperator to comma

Failing that Xcel safe output to true may help

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I originally had the seperator to comma with safe output to true and changed it to tab and false after reading some other posts.

I have now tried various combinations with no success.

Perhaps if I send you a copy of the file submitted to me by my supplier you could have a quick look and maybe the problem is there.

It looks to me like its a tab seperator in the description fields but I could be wrong.

Thanks, Michael

If you havent done already I would read the easypopulate.php configure file and then

Try changing the field seperator to comma

Failing that Xcel safe output to true may help

Just another thought, would I be right in thinking that with Tab seperator you upload a txt file and with Comma seperator you upload a csv file? Or does it not matter.

I have also noted in Microsoft help that "Columns of data are separated by tab characters, and each row of data ends in a carriage return. If a cell contains a comma, the cell contents are enclosed in double quotation marks. All formatting, graphics, objects, and other worksheet contents are lost."

I am starting to think the problem is in my worksheet? If i could send the file to anyone out there to have a quick look maybe you can confirm this or point me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Michael

Can someone provide an answer for this? Doing as the instructions state (which Peter did) will break the admin section in osc 2.3.1. Also, the current install instructions are contradictory. In the top section is says to "Copy file /catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php into /catalog/admin/ folder." But later on in Step 4 it states "This step is ONLY for versions BEFORE osCommerce Online Merchant RC2a." So, which is it??

Hello all, again,

Another question. Have just installed Easy Populate v2 77a - went into the admin panel / catalogue, but EP was not there :'( Any idea's where I have gone wrong?

Apart from my previous question regarding placing the table_block.php file, I did note that step 3 of the install did not go as planned. The admin panel crashed with the following code;

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

Find this code (Around Line 25):

'' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'Easy Populate' .

Admin panel reappeared when I changed the code to the following;

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'Easy Populate' .

Any idea's where I should start?

:'(

Just another thought, would I be right in thinking that with Tab seperator you upload a txt file and with Comma seperator you upload a csv file? Or does it not matter.

I have also noted in Microsoft help that "Columns of data are separated by tab characters, and each row of data ends in a carriage return. If a cell contains a comma, the cell contents are enclosed in double quotation marks. All formatting, graphics, objects, and other worksheet contents are lost."

I am starting to think the problem is in my worksheet? If i could send the file to anyone out there to have a quick look maybe you can confirm this or point me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Michael

I can only say how i do it but I believe field seprator has to be a comma for a csv file. I only use csv files with EP, I havent found the need to use anything else

As long as you save it as a csv and have comma as a seperator it should be golden.

Hello all, again,

Another question. Have just installed Easy Populate v2 77a - went into the admin panel / catalogue, but EP was not there Any idea's where I have gone wrong?

Apart from my previous question regarding placing the table_block.php file, I did note that step 3 of the install did not go as planned. The admin panel crashed with the following code;

STEP #3 - Add a link in the Admin Panel. Edit file "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php"

Find this code (Around Line 25):

'' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '' .

Directly AFTER add this:

'Easy Populate' .

Admin panel reappeared when I changed the code to the following;

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, 'Easy Populate' .

Any idea's where I should start?

where is everybody go ?

i need this answer for mine to ...

where is everybody go ?

i need this answer for mine to ...

I noticed this issue as well when I was attempting to install this contribution last night. It appears as though something might have gotten cut off on the instructions. Here is what I did to fix it. (Sorry if this isn't formatted properly it is my first post.)

I followed all the instructions given to the letter except for Step #3 instead I did the instructions below

in file /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php I added the following line at the end [ directly before the ?> ]

define('FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');

in file /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php I added this on directly below the line containing "BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES"

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . 'Easy Populate' . '</a><br>' .

Hope this helps. The contribution works great it is really impressive. It took me awhile to get everything working well because I have over 300 items and almost none of them had product_models so needless to say it was problem.

I noticed this issue as well when I was attempting to install this contribution last night. It appears as though something might have gotten cut off on the instructions. Here is what I did to fix it. (Sorry if this isn't formatted properly it is my first post.)

I followed all the instructions given to the letter except for Step #3 instead I did the instructions below

in file /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php I added the following line at the end [ directly before the ?> ]

define('FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');

in file /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php I added this on directly below the line containing "BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES"

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . 'Easy Populate' . '</a><br>' .

Hope this helps. The contribution works great it is really impressive. It took me awhile to get everything working well because I have over 300 items and almost none of them had product_models so needless to say it was problem.

this is very helpfull thx

n the catalog.php file

i change like this

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE)

so i had success for install EASY POPULATE

but i have still got a problem..

when i upload the csv edited file, n csv status was Updated ..

but WHY MY PRODUCT ATTRIBUTE DOESN'T CHANGE ?

what should i do, to make the attribute product same as in the CSV edited file?

anyone can help me ?

thx b-4

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed osCommerce 2.2 (the one with the letters on the end R something) along with Easy Populate.

I have two problems occurring or either that its just me completely missing something:

1) How do i insert a product into the right category? do i just put the name of the category or do i put a number or something? because i have tried both and neither are working for me.

2) I have website links to images that are saved on a different server is it possible to use these links or does the images have to be saved on the server? is there a particular feature i have to say is "true" to make this work basically?

All the best,

Brett

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed osCommerce 2.2 (the one with the letters on the end R something) along with Easy Populate.

I have two problems occurring or either that its just me completely missing something:

1) How do i insert a product into the right category? do i just put the name of the category or do i put a number or something? because i have tried both and neither are working for me.

2) I have website links to images that are saved on a different server is it possible to use these links or does the images have to be saved on the server? is there a particular feature i have to say is "true" to make this work basically?

All the best,

Brett

1. export the products in your shop now, to understand the format

2. i would say no, but try it if you want,

• 2 weeks later...

I've got EP installed and working great. I stumbled into the information on page 129 for osc 2.3.1 image support.

PRODUCTS IMAGE SUPPORT for V2.31 (EP 2.76 for v2.31)

Sorry that I dont give the line numbers, because my EP enhanced more. I hope this maybe help.

I stared at this for quite some time and have been unsuccessful at updating for the new image table. Could you supply your EP file so I can diff it and then figure out where you put the code snips?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your previous helpful advice; we've been using EasyPopulate with the Extra Fields contribution, and it is indeed simple and effective to use.

The only problem is as regards the Extra Fields issue. We've just realised that users cannot perform an Advanced Search on more than one extra field at a time, and this is going to be a problem. I've searched the contributions, and found Extra Product Fields 1.0 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6856) which seems to address this. However, I don't want to be unable to use EasyPopulate which is frankly a GODSEND in making it possible to upload thousands of titles.

Do you know whether or not Extra Products Fields 1.0 works with EasyPopulate?

• 1 month later...

Fabulous contribution!!

I have a supplier that adds new items frequently, at least once a week, and updates their stock values daily. I currently spend many hours comparing their spreadsheet to mine, then copying the updated info into mine. So I was thinking that if I could just upload the stock values to update the quantities it would save me the time of the process I use now, and if I could have a default category that new items would automatically default to I could handle those separately after doing the update.

I have two questions:

1. Which headers need to be in the upload in order for it to work? For example, if I wanted to change the quantities on a set of items could I upload the file with just the v_products_model, v_products_quantity, and EOREOR columns or would this cause an error?

2. Is there a way to set a default category that items would default to if a category was not assigned during upload?

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand what you are saying, why don't you swap the format, put the unique reference numbers in the products_model field and create a new field to hold the actual part number? Probably much easier than changing how the products_model field works

ok finally trying to get back to this problem to get it sorted.

I have read about other carts versions of easypopulate that populate the database by the products_id and not the products_model.

The reason I do not want to change the way it works as suggested above is because I would need to rewrite more code in the admin for the way my parts manager system works.

So to all who use EP have you managed to find a way to import by products_id rather than products_model.

Thanks

Mark

With the size of this thread, I'm afraid my question will never be answered but I have to try anyhow.

My OSC site moved to a different host, with www/htdocs instead of public_html

I have changed all the paths I can find in the easypopulate.php file, but the EP scripts still can't access the databases.

When i try to download the excel, it sits for a minute then I get the following error

--------------

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '4rht9aqauo1ka4eouvhm4ltfj6'

[TEP STOP]

------------

Everything else on the site works just fine once I reconfigured the configure, and admin configure files to point to the proper DB location. But I can't find a config anywhere in easypopulate.php that tells the scripts where to find the DBs.

I'm slowly going bald pulling my hair out over this mess, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by FunDMental

The script easypopulate.php includes some php files that have the credentials and paths and functions that use them in them.

Tha credentials etc are in

admin/includes/configure.php

This directory it expects the import file to be in is shown on the right of the easypopulate page.

This error is nothing to do with this though.

I'd use phpmyadmin to see how many records there are in the sessions table.

Then I personally would empty that table and see if any tables need repairing.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

The script easypopulate.php includes some php files that have the credentials and paths and functions that use them in them.

Tha credentials etc are in

admin/includes/configure.php

This directory it expects the import file to be in is shown on the right of the easypopulate page.

This error is nothing to do with this though.

I'd use phpmyadmin to see how many records there are in the sessions table.

Then I personally would empty that table and see if any tables need repairing.

HTH

G

Thanks Geoffrey,

I was playing around in it some more, and it seems the only time I get this error message is when I try to download a Complete .csv file to edit

If I download a product model/price/qty or any of the links below complete, they work just fine,

Could the server just be timing out on me?

I tried to edit my last post, and was told I'm not authorized to do so LOL

I have been playing around some more and notice I only get the "sql ran away" error is if I use the "quick links" in EP to download the csv file. If I use the download with the checkboxes, (even with all the boxes checked) it seems to work just fine, so guess I don't have as big a problem as I thought, as long as that download provides the same csv file as the "Complete" download quick link.

At least I Hope so anyhow :)

Sounds like there is something spooky going on with the db which is why I'd try to repair it.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 3 weeks later...

installed latest version fine, but no large images are apperaing in the csv file - ??

Same here, Im running 2.3.1OScommerce. Im building a shop with around 4000 products, Whilst this has saved me considerable time populating my shop. I can only populate with the thumbnails. Looking into the configuration file easypopulate.php it appears to be possable to incorporate the "products_images" table I just cant get my head around how, not having any programming knowledge. cant believe no one else has got this problem or are we missing something?

Edited by wildone

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but the install instructions for easy populate tell you to create a catalog/temp directory with permissions of 777 ? Is it just me or is that a really bad idea security wise?

Im guessing its only required when your using easy populate, It can be deleted if your concerned about it when its not in use. As for security Im not sure what threat it poses, the temp folder can be relocted and renamed to whatever you wish as long as you re-configure the php for it.

Same here, Im running 2.3.1OScommerce. Im building a shop with around 4000 products, Whilst this has saved me considerable time populating my shop. I can only populate with the thumbnails. Looking into the configuration file easypopulate.php it appears to be possable to incorporate the "products_images" table I just cant get my head around how, not having any programming knowledge. cant believe no one else has got this problem or are we missing something?

ok some more information im currently running EP vers: 2.76i-231 on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3 I have activated the product images in the easypopulate.php which is confirmed by on the right hand side of the admin panel in green. I have manually added in extra pictures to about 30 of my products which are visable on my webshop and are stored in the the 'products_images' table in mySQL database. however when I download a complete csv file from the easypopulate admin page the 'v_products_images_image' and 'v_products_images_htmlcontent' columns are none existant. I have read through previous posts and evesn pasted the code posted by gergely and Rundlegd over the top of the code in my php file to no avail. The only other OSC add-on installed is Frontpage. can anyone help :'(

hi, i know that i am offtopic but i am newbie and i would like little help! I see a admin shell for oscommerce 2.2 but i dont know anything else. It was the known admin but more beautiful and more options! Can somebody help me where to search or something useful? Thank you and sorry that interupt your useful comments..

can someone confirm that the export/import of the extra pictures that 2.3.1 supports does actually work. I've tried this on a brand new clean install of 2.3.1 .Creating a complete csv file, the additional pictures of say the mobile phone do not exist nor is there any columns which would feature these pictures. Or is it just me?