• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I have something similar, running a clean Osc2.3.1 install, put EP on it ( i love this ) and do a test down/upload.

everything works fine, until you assign more images to a product, Have read and tested with the additional image tips (Ultrapoics and More Pics6 ideas) but nothing seems to do the trick.

I have the Osc installed clean and EP is the only contrib installed.

Any ideas?

The contribution has not been completely rewritten for 2.3.1 yet. It has no built in function to upload mutiple images for the stock oscommerce store.

Hopefully someone who knows how to update the mod will have some spare time.

The contribution has not been completely rewritten for 2.3.1 yet. It has no built in function to upload mutiple images for the stock oscommerce store.

Hopefully someone who knows how to update the mod will have some spare time.

i know, it's a pitty though, really could use such a contri and not good enough a programmer to find out how to do this.

Everything is conditional, you just can't always anticipate the conditions.

Hi there,

Just installed easy populate and i dont see the link in my admin. I followed the step #3 to a tee...

here is my Catalog file

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$cl_box_groups[] = array(

'heading' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'apps' => array(

array(

'code' => FILENAME_CATEGORIES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,'Easy Populate' .

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_REVIEWS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SPECIALS,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'title' => BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED)

)

)

);

?>

Any suggestions?

I use 2.3.1 OSC, are there different instructions for 2.3.1?

Nope, but it is designed for 2.3.1. and i didnot see which osc version you use.

I have it running.

Are you using differen language for admin? try switching to English (default).

I have installed Easy Populate 2.77a and after a few issues with getting an exceeding memory error, I finally got it to save the CSV file.

I put the following code at the top of the easypolulate.php file saying "ini_set("memory_limit","32M");" which stopped me getting the memory exceeded error and it allowed me to save the CSV file.

The CSV file it exported (from the "Download Complete .csv file to edit" link) is 237k and when I open it, it only has 72 products in it - the 73rd product is started but is cut off in the description.

Here is the link to my CSV file if it helps:- CSV File

The store is currently running on osCommerce 2.2 MS2.

Any help would be appreciated so we can get the products loaded onto our new osCommerce store.

Thanks

Carl

I have installed Easy Populate 2.77a and after a few issues with getting an exceeding memory error, I finally got it to save the CSV file.

I put the following code at the top of the easypolulate.php file saying "ini_set("memory_limit","32M");" which stopped me getting the memory exceeded error and it allowed me to save the CSV file.

The CSV file it exported (from the "Download Complete .csv file to edit" link) is 237k and when I open it, it only has 72 products in it - the 73rd product is started but is cut off in the description.

Here is the link to my CSV file if it helps:- CSV File

The store is currently running on osCommerce 2.2 MS2.

Any help would be appreciated so we can get the products loaded onto our new osCommerce store.

Thanks

Carl

I fixed the error - I changed "// set_time_limit(330);" to "set_time_limit(330);" and I now have a 10mb file containing all 2522 products.

HI Community.

I thought I am clever enough to handle EP (OS 2.2 RC 2A), but now I have problems to manage the installation :(

Anyone out there who could help, please?

Editing the catalog.php file:

Just add 'Easy Populate' .

But where? And what will the file look like after this simple operation?

The file pre-installation:

BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

I have tried

BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .'Easy Populate' '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

BUT - that's not working.

Please help - Thanks, Frank

HI Community.

I thought I am clever enough....

Stupid me, problem resolved.

I simply browsed an older version of the addon, and found

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

Inserted - working!!

Very happy.

Thanks - Frank

if you need to move a product from category to category you need to duplicate the line in your import, change the category on the first line, then make the status "Delete" on the second. The product id won't be changed as long as you add it to the second category first, then delete it from the original category second.

Should this actually work? When I attempt it, the product is deleted by the second line in both categories. This is because it is deleted from the products table and not just the products_to_categories table. I don't see any way to change categories for a product without changing the product id. Is that correct?

Hi!

I have a large shop with over 9000 products and over 60000 product attributes. :) I'm happy to say that Easypopulate works quite well. :)

Only downside is that I can't delete attributes? If I remove some attribute from my CSV file, it's not removed in oscommerce. The solution so far has been that I have simply truncated the orders_products_attributes table, then EasyPopulate will add all new options..

But now I have added some manually maintained products which have attributes as well, so I need some more clever way to remove attributes.. Any suggestions?

Hello!

First of all, nice work! This is going to help me so much indeed!

But I need some help.

So, I downloaded my complete .csv file of my store to edit. I opened the file with OpenOffice Writer, and changed my first product in the list.

I only changed the name so I could easily see if this thing works! So I saved the file, (and kept the format) and uploaded it into my store.

(Upload and Import EP File - Normal - Insert into DB)

So I went to check my store and it got screwed.. All of my products in that category got replaced with the first product, that will say:

Every products had the same picture and product name as the first one.

So I went and restored my store with the backup I took earlier.

Then I noticed that I have over 300 products, so I tested splitting the .csv file.

After the splitting was complete, I took the first splitted file and uploaded it, "Import EP file from Temp Dir - Normal - Insert into DB"

I went checking my store and the same thing happened. I tried uploading the rest of the splitted files, but still the same.

(My other products in other categories remained intact because they don't have any product models)

Then I tried to upload the splitted files again, but this time use the "Update Only" option, BUT STILL SAME THING :(

The "Add new only" option didn't work for some reason..

So, what can I do?

Any help, from anybody, will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Just installed easy populate and i dont see the link in my admin. I followed the step #3 to a tee...

here is my Catalog file

Any suggestions?

I had this exact same problem, but found a workaround.

In " catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php" near line 21, look for:

array(
       'title' => BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES,
       'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES)
     ),

and add

array(
       'title' => 'Easy Populate',
       'link' => tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL')

right after. Happy Coding!

The correct OSC way to add this to the catalog.php is:

in "catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php"

find:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

change to:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .

and add below:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_EASYPOPULATE . '</a><br>');

at the end of "catalog/admin/includes/filenames" add before final ?>:

define('FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');//Easy Populate

in "catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php" (or whatever your languages)

find:

define('BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'Products Expected');

add after:

define('BOX_CATALOG_EASYPOPULATE', 'Easy Populate');//Easy Populate

I've found that by following the "standard" of OSC your files and site will resemble something to other's when they have to deal with it.

taylorjes

Hi!

I have a large shop with over 9000 products and over 60000 product attributes. :) I'm happy to say that Easypopulate works quite well. :)

Only downside is that I can't delete attributes? If I remove some attribute from my CSV file, it's not removed in oscommerce. The solution so far has been that I have simply truncated the orders_products_attributes table, then EasyPopulate will add all new options..

But now I have added some manually maintained products which have attributes as well, so I need some more clever way to remove attributes.. Any suggestions?

Deleting or leaving out attributes in EP file doesnot delete it in your database, but that you already found out. EP is mainly designed for uploading many articles such as your case.

It was not designed to remove things out of a big database, easiest thing to do is probably search in your database and delete or built a query where you can manually add the thing you want to delete and run that.

Deleting or leaving out attributes in EP file doesnot delete it in your database, but that you already found out. EP is mainly designed for uploading many articles such as your case.

It was not designed to remove things out of a big database, easiest thing to do is probably search in your database and delete or built a query where you can manually add the thing you want to delete and run that.

Yep. But my EP file product entries are always complete; they always contain all the attributes that should be there. So for me it would be enough if EasyPopulate simply deleted all attributes before updating a product. Any hints for a php line that would do the trick in easypopulate.php?

<?php
$dbhost = 'localhost:3036';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpass = 'rootpassword';
$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass);
if(! $conn )
{
 die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo 'Connected successfully<br />';
$sql = "DROP TABLE tutorials_tbl";
mysql_select_db( 'TUTORIALS' );
$retval = mysql_query( $sql, $conn );
if(! $retval )
{
 die('Could not delete table: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo "Table deleted successfully\n";
mysql_close($conn);
?>

update relevant parts and that should do the trick, always backup first, just in case, and keep a copy of the original php file.

First of all may i say I am lovin this contribution.

I have loaded and gone thru some issues with the fine documetation and this thread. I hoping that I have not missed the answer to this as dont want to waste any ones time.

I have been reformatting a csv spreadsheet to comply with the EP upload template. This has worked wonders, however on my first successfull upload (that is no errors reported. I noticed that I had missed the reformatting of about 8 items as in their catagories. so I now have on the shop all the catagories but then some catgories named "aincat->Sub cat". I have amended the items but when I re-upload it does not correct this any ideas?

Thanking u guys in advance

Ricardo

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

I have loaded and gone thru some issues with the fine documetation and this thread. I hoping that I have not missed the answer to this as dont want to waste any ones time.

I have been reformatting a csv spreadsheet to comply with the EP upload template. This has worked wonders, however on my first successfull upload (that is no errors reported. I noticed that I had missed the reformatting of about 8 items as in their catagories. so I now have on the shop all the catagories but then some catgories named "aincat->Sub cat". I have amended the items but when I re-upload it does not correct this any ideas?

Ricardo

Doh! Too much thinking outside the box....just delete the catagories in the admin and re-apply the EP file

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

Ricardo

That is because EP doesnot move items from category to category, it just places them where you indicate them.

If you made a mistake and change the category the products also remain in the old category.

SO either you work your way through the admin to delete the categories and/or products within there or simply delete all categories through phpmyadmin and reload the ecorrect ep file.

Hello!

First of all, nice work! This is going to help me so much indeed!

But I need some help.

So, I downloaded my complete .csv file of my store to edit. I opened the file with OpenOffice Writer, and changed my first product in the list.

I only changed the name so I could easily see if this thing works! So I saved the file, (and kept the format) and uploaded it into my store.

(Upload and Import EP File - Normal - Insert into DB)

So I went to check my store and it got screwed.. All of my products in that category got replaced with the first product, that will say:

Every products had the same picture and product name as the first one.

So I went and restored my store with the backup I took earlier.

Then I noticed that I have over 300 products, so I tested splitting the .csv file.

After the splitting was complete, I took the first splitted file and uploaded it, "Import EP file from Temp Dir - Normal - Insert into DB"

I went checking my store and the same thing happened. I tried uploading the rest of the splitted files, but still the same.

(My other products in other categories remained intact because they don't have any product models)

Then I tried to upload the splitted files again, but this time use the "Update Only" option, BUT STILL SAME THING :(

The "Add new only" option didn't work for some reason..

So, what can I do?

Any help, from anybody, will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

First off, personally I wouldnt bother with the split function. I do it manually so I know it works for sure. Splitting is a very nice idea but I found it unreliable

About the issue with all products adopting the details of one product. I wouldn't have a clue about that, maybe it has something to do with the MODEL field. You say "My other products in other categories remained intact because they don't have any product models" all products should have a MODEL number when using EP

quick question.

Is there a way for easy populate to access an additional table for information?

I have a 3rd table that contains information that is relevant to what EP already does. I just need it to go in the 3rd table as well.

help please :)

since no one has responded to this and perhaps that is because i didn't give enough information.

I am trying to have EP populate my attributes download table with the filenames to be downloaded. I'm sure there is a simple way to do this, but sadly I can't wrap my head around query languages well enough to do it :(

I appreciate any help that can be given.

Help -

Just installed if EP2.77a in a clean install of 2.3.1 and when I try to create a file to download the report auto fills onto the EP page in admin. I can create and write to a temp file which is ok but not nearly as convenient. Any help would be great.