• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I do have same problem like rundlegd. I am searching through google or in this forum for a solution but can't find one.

What I found: the structure of the box changed since v.2.3. Before it worked. This problem is not only arising for easy populate, but too for addons like site monitor.

So, we must wait till all the contributers bring up their addons to the newest coding style?

I may get it working here, but should than have problems in the addon related pages, isn't it?

Regards

Arunie

I am in the same boat. I recently installed a fresh version of osC and I'm finding that a lot of addons are not working with whatever changed in the 'boxes' file.

Hi, I have a problem, I have added 383 attributes to my shop, now I can not download my csv, its stops downloading @8mb, my csv file is normally 1mb in size and since I added the attributes I can not down load the full file, can somebody please help, sorry for intruding in such a manner, my apologies but this is frustrating, I tried to download it to the temp file but did not help either - Thanking you

Can anyone provide me with a one line example of how to update using easypopulate 2.76h with attributes, I need at least one attribute to upload to test.

Any help would be much appreciated and i am sorry if its covered elsewhere but I have spent hours looking.

I even think I posted something many moons ago about the same thing but cant find it or the reply i got sop please help.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Can anyone provide me with a one line example of how to update using easypopulate 2.76h with attributes, I need at least one attribute to upload to test.

Any help would be much appreciated and i am sorry if its covered elsewhere but I have spent hours looking.

I even think I posted something many moons ago about the same thing but cant find it or the reply i got sop please help.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the easyupload update is not available yet for oscommerce 2.3.1, why don't you keep/recreate the 2.2 ms version in other site and working on the easypopulate to create its database. When you're finished, then you can create a backup sql file from that 2.2ms site, and upload it to your new live real website that has already in 2.3.1 version.

just a thought.

Thanks

Provide it yourself, set up one product with an attribute and down load it. Now you have a sample file.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi, I have a problem, I have added 383 attributes to my shop, now I can not download my csv, its stops downloading @8mb, my csv file is normally 1mb in size and since I added the attributes I can not down load the full file, can somebody please help, sorry for intruding in such a manner, my apologies but this is frustrating, I tried to download it to the temp file but did not help either - Thanking you

Have you tried downloading your catalog in 2 parts?

One wirh the category details and one with the attributes.

Alternatively download a category at a time.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Since the easyupload update is not available yet for oscommerce 2.3.1, why don't you keep/recreate the 2.2 ms version in other site and working on the easypopulate to create its database. When you're finished, then you can create a backup sql file from that 2.2ms site, and upload it to your new live real website that has already in 2.3.1 version.

Hi stoopidme,

thank you for your thoughts.

My problem is, I don't know the table structure and what have changed since then. If I install a 2.2.ms-Version-DB to a newer one, what will be effected? Some parts may result in a sudden error, some missings may result in a error lately. Same if I only work on product related tables.

I could directly work in phpMyAdmin, but don't know the design of product-elements in DB, are there relations to other tables.

regards

AR

I have the YMM (Year_Make_Model) contribution installed in v2.3 and would like to populate my store using EP.

I've installed EP Version 3.02 with image zipping and modified it to copy the products_image to the table products_images when creating a new product. (That's needed to activate the image resizing in product_info.php in v2.3)

YMM creates a new table products_ymm with the fields 'id', 'products_id', 'products_car_make', 'products_car_model', 'products_car_year_bof' and 'products_car_year_eof'.

It then adds the corresponding make - model - range of years combinations for each product_id.

How would it be possible to populate the products_ymm table with EP?

The problem is, there can be dozens of YMM-combinations for a single product and I'm still very new to PHP&Co.

Or is there another tool which would possibly be of use in this case?

Edited by Andy79

Hello and Happy New Year!

I need to install easy populate on a site today or tomorrow at the latest. Which is the package I should download and why are there so many weird files in the list? The last one simply states "Easy Populate 30 Sep 2010 I'm not sure" --- lol. Thanks for any advice.

Peace~

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok I installed the last full version and it says

STEP #7 - Configuring the file "/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php"

PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!: Go to /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php and read the section marked "Configuration Variables".

There is nothing on that page that says "configuration variables." So, where exactly do I read these instructions?

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The part that starts with this:

//
 //*******************************
 // C O N F I G U R A T I O N
 // V A R I A B L E S

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Looks to me it should say open the file /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php and read the section in there starting "Configuration Variables".

Some people might go to the web page, in which case yiu can't see "Configuration Variables".

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Just click on the + to the left of each download and find one that has "Complete package" or words to that effect in the description.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Hi VJ

I am using your add ons and its fabulous. Thanks a lot man for a such add ons.

Keep it up.

Regards

Dipan

Hi,

I've just say as Dipan.

I intrested in Master Products contribution. I will take a join support.

Master Products: true

Best Regards

Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps my exposure was not optimal

cmq try to re-explain my problem by having a product such as 711 tonnes and can be used on various products

and not just one.

example

Brand epson

subcategory: Epson D78 (printername)

added to the product (t711)

this works

t711 but if this is used by several printers such as 20 printers

how could I do?

look through

news

Good morning everyone. My apologies if this has been asked in the many posts but:

When clicking on Easy Populate in the Admin panel, I get:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance........Frank

Hello,

I have a big problem, when i upload the file to update the products they move to another category, and to another manufacturer... some change image to...

I do a download of the price, name and filter by manufacturer...

I use openoffice.

Thanks for your help.

Good morning everyone. My apologies if this has been asked in the many posts but:

When clicking on Easy Populate in the Admin panel, I get:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance........Frank

Hi Frank,

Try checking the permissions of the files you uploaded, especially /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

HTH

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi John, thanks for the reply. I tried that by putting RWX on both owner and group but am still getting the same thing. >_<

Hi Frank,

Try checking the permissions of the files you uploaded, especially /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

HTH

I see 2 new downloads for easy pop that work with oscommerce 2.3.1.

Unfortunately, they do not assign an image name for both the 80px image and one additional large image.

Is anybody working on updating this to accomodate 2 images.

I nstalled the new version on a 2.3.1 shop and all works well except the 2 image problem.

Tim

I've successfully installed this contribution. Everything was working fine up until a few weeks ago. Tried uploading a backup of the database and no change.

Here's the issue:

I've got two attributes available:

1) Size and 2) Color

The sizes are loading correctly and everything. For some odd reason, the colors won't show up on any of the products.

I've checked to see if the products id was correct in each.

I previously had an error that was causing the prices to always show 0.00. The first field in excel had a space right before the v_products_price and caused this issue. I've looked for the same possible fix for the colors, but still no luck.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Lucille

I've successfully installed this contribution. Everything was working fine up until a few weeks ago. Tried uploading a backup of the database and no change.

Here's the issue:

I've got two attributes available:

1) Size and 2) Color

The sizes are loading correctly and everything. For some odd reason, the colors won't show up on any of the products.

I've checked to see if the products id was correct in each.

I previously had an error that was causing the prices to always show 0.00. The first field in excel had a space right before the v_products_price and caused this issue. I've looked for the same possible fix for the colors, but still no luck.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Lucille

Issue has been fixed.

I see 2 new downloads for easy pop that work with oscommerce 2.3.1.

Unfortunately, they do not assign an image name for both the 80px image and one additional large image.

Is anybody working on updating this to accomodate 2 images.

I nstalled the new version on a 2.3.1 shop and all works well except the 2 image problem.

Tim

I have something similar, running a clean Osc2.3.1 install, put EP on it ( i love this ) and do a test down/upload.

everything works fine, until you assign more images to a product, Have read and tested with the additional image tips (Ultrapoics and More Pics6 ideas) but nothing seems to do the trick.

I have the Osc installed clean and EP is the only contrib installed.

Any ideas?

Everything is conditional, you just can't always anticipate the conditions.