• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi, I met a serious problem when I import .cvs with Easy Populate v2_76i_MS2_1,

The file I download with Easy Populate, and I added price and product's attribute,then I want to re-import to the categories( I have remove all products from categories and just left the categories)

I am confused that the data I initially import to the shop with Easy Populate v2_76i_MS2_1, there were not any error...why I download the .cvs,edit it and re-import it...this problem happens..

The error report is:

Filename: mens_apparel.csv

| 11-100014 | Active | Outerwear | product/ap | 68 | 2010-8-5 2 | Apparel | Men's Clot | | Hoodies | A&F | 1 | Size | 1 | X | 2 | M | 3 | L | 4 | XL !New Product!

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'products_tax_class_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( 'product/apparel/Mens/Hoodies/AF/Outerwear-A&F-201.jpg', '11-100014', '68', '1', '2010-09-16 11:12:38', '2010-08-05 20:58:00', NULL, '', '', '1', NULL)

[TEP STOP]

There is no 'products_tax_class_id' in the .cvs

Try adding the tax id column even if you do not use it. If you need further help, please see the "support" section of the docs and post what is requested for help.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your great contribution and help me a lot.

I uploaded atound 40,000 products with Easypopulate program.

But now I want to update the products attributes, I want to download the .cvs file from Easypopulate program, it seems that it couldn't do it.

Although I have .csv file which made by myself, but some folders or products I have renamned by cpanel, there are a lot of works to modify the .csv I have.

Please tell me how to download this massive informations from easypopulate. I tried to download a category with sub-categories which contains 5,000 products, but it only can make a .cvs file with 2190 products.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

you need to take a close look at install instructions step #6 of the latest file set I uploaded. If you don't understand how to set up that file, please ask your host to assist you with that.

Edited by surfalot

I have EP installed, version 2.1 and it works ok until I try to upload a saved file.

I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_uploaded_file() in C:\xampp\htdocs\osc\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 724

Note:I am using xampp as a local host to test addon's before I put them on line.

The line refered to in easypopulate is: $file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

It is part of:

if (is_uploaded_file($usrfl)) {

// move the file to where we can work with it

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

//echo "Trying to move file...";

if (is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($file, DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir);

}

Need help with that error.

Thanks

jer37

I have EP installed, version 2.1 and it works ok until I try to upload a saved file.

I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_uploaded_file() in C:\xampp\htdocs\osc\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 724

Note:I am using xampp as a local host to test addon's before I put them on line.

The line refered to in easypopulate is: $file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

It is part of:

if (is_uploaded_file($usrfl)) {

// move the file to where we can work with it

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

//echo "Trying to move file...";

if (is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($file, DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir);

}

Need help with that error.

Thanks

jer37

my guess is there is a file that should have been uploaded that wasn't. Why version 2.1? you'd have better results from 2.76i

you need to take a close look at install instructions step #6 of the latest file set I uploaded. If you don't understand how to set up that file, please ask your host to assist you with that.

Sorry, i didn't describe it properly, the .csv run on IPOWER hosting provider is fine, The problem I met is my local computer, because the IPOWER restricts the MYSQL Queries to 75,000/per user/per hour, I have a lot of products. I am updating the prices and attributes, so I just want to test the .csv on local computer and import to hosting. I tried once, but the attributes didn't be imported when I ran the "Easy Populate".

This is an example of the .cvs I have of header and one line:

v_products_model 11-100014

v_status Active

v_products_name_1 Outerwear A&F 201

v_products_image product/apparel/Mens/Hoodies/AF/Outerwear-A&F-201.jpg

v_products_price 120

v_date_added 2010-8-5 20:58

v_categories_name_1_1 Apparel

v_categories_name_2_1 Men's Clothing

v_categories_name_3_1 Hoodies

v_categories_name_4_1 A&F

v_attribute_options_id_1 1

v_attribute_options_name_1_1 Size

v_attribute_values_id_1_1 1

v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 X

v_attribute_values_id_1_2 2

v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 M

v_attribute_values_id_1_3 3

v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 L

v_attribute_values_id_1_4 4

v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 XL

EOREOR EOREOR

I made something wrong?

my guess is there is a file that should have been uploaded that wasn't. Why version 2.1? you'd have better results from 2.76i

I was experimenting, working upward thru all versions but it is time to stop playing.

I have downloaded and installed 2.76i. Easy to install but another error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_tax_class_rate() in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 958

I know I can delete the whole entry for "tax to prices" and that clears the error but that seems like I may be

cutting out something I will need later. I am not that good with PHP. Still learning.

Is there a better way.?

jer37

I was experimenting, working upward thru all versions but it is time to stop playing.

I have downloaded and installed 2.76i. Easy to install but another error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_tax_class_rate() in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 958

I know I can delete the whole entry for "tax to prices" and that clears the error but that seems like I may be

cutting out something I will need later. I am not that good with PHP. Still learning.

Is there a better way.?

jer37

Disregard, I loaded the wrong easypopulate_functions file.

Jer37

Ok, Easy Populate is an awesome contribution and works great at uploading a lot of products.

However.. I'm having one problem with it: adding The Product Images.

Adding the images is not the problem.

The problem is they aren't automatically re-sized into thumbnails, like they would be if you uploaded a product image through the admin panel.

So, instead of having a shopping cart with thumbnail images that you can click to view the bigger images, all that shows up on mine are the bigger images--no thumbnails at all.

I'm not sure how to add an extra column to the CSV for thumbnail purposes (or if it's even necessary/possible).

I tried leaving the image column on the CSV empty and just uploading the image through the admin panel as usual. They still show up large. Same happens when its done via FTP.

And I haven't changed the small image settings, either.

So... I'm not sure what the deal is or how to fix it, but any help would be appreciated!

As a side note, I haven't received any kind of errors, so I don't know how else to get the thumbnails to work...or what else may be the problem...

:blink:

you will want to take a close look at install step #6 of my version 2.76i. Go over those settings with your host to ensure you are allowed to make those changes. Discuss with them the error you are receiving and ask them to help you set the .htaccess file with the instructions on step #6.

HI I talked to my Host and this is the .htaccess he file he gave me. And i am geting the same error.

· max_execution_time = 30 ;(in seconds) == how much you need? 240s

Change this to allow for more time that PHP can process your import file.

· max_input_time = 60 ;(in seconds) == how much you need? 240s

post_max_size = 2M ; == how much you need? 20M

upload_max_filesize = 2M ; == how much you need? 20M

These will limit the size of a file you can import using Easy Populate. This can be circumvented by uploading the file via FTP to your /temp/ folder and importing it from there.

· memory_limit = 8M ; == how much you need? 64M

Change this to allow PHP to use more memory to process your file. (32M recommended)

· session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 ; (in seconds) == how much you need? 2880s

Your session lifetime, should always be longer then the max_execution_time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AuthType basic

AuthName "Secured area"

AuthUserFile /hsphere/local/home/diamonds/.htmaster/.ok_user

Require valid-user

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

# <IfDefine SSL>

# SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*"

# nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

# downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# </IfDefine>

#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

php_value max_execution_time 240

php_value max_input_time 240

php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 2880

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Error message is:

"Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

Filename: EP2010Sep14-0777.csv

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/diamonds/diamonds.lk/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1255 "

Can you please help me on what i need to add extra to this. :(

My host has changed their directory permissions to 755 max and they no longer allow 777. As such my Easy Populate reports "temp dir not writable". When I try to load up a file it now fails. It did work when I first installed. Anyone know a workaround or am I moving to a new host?

My server info below

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 PHP-CGI/0.5

DB: MySQL 5.0.91mm-log

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/nextlev4/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

TIA if you know how to get around this issue.

Ok, Easy Populate is an awesome contribution and works great at uploading a lot of products.

However.. I'm having one problem with it: adding The Product Images.

Adding the images is not the problem.

The problem is they aren't automatically re-sized into thumbnails, like they would be if you uploaded a product image through the admin panel.

So, instead of having a shopping cart with thumbnail images that you can click to view the bigger images, all that shows up on mine are the bigger images--no thumbnails at all.

I'm not sure how to add an extra column to the CSV for thumbnail purposes (or if it's even necessary/possible).

I tried leaving the image column on the CSV empty and just uploading the image through the admin panel as usual. They still show up large. Same happens when its done via FTP.

And I haven't changed the small image settings, either.

So... I'm not sure what the deal is or how to fix it, but any help would be appreciated!

As a side note, I haven't received any kind of errors, so I don't know how else to get the thumbnails to work...or what else may be the problem...

:blink:

if you are using some kind of thumbnail contribution, you'll need to find out how it generates the thumbs and help that contribution along to do so.

there are a couple of additional/thumb images contributions EP will use. Please see the docs for information about contribution support.

HI I talked to my Host and this is the .htaccess he file he gave me. And i am geting the same error.

· max_execution_time = 30 ;(in seconds) == how much you need? 240s

Change this to allow for more time that PHP can process your import file.

· max_input_time = 60 ;(in seconds) == how much you need? 240s

post_max_size = 2M ; == how much you need? 20M

upload_max_filesize = 2M ; == how much you need? 20M

These will limit the size of a file you can import using Easy Populate. This can be circumvented by uploading the file via FTP to your /temp/ folder and importing it from there.

· memory_limit = 8M ; == how much you need? 64M

Change this to allow PHP to use more memory to process your file. (32M recommended)

· session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 ; (in seconds) == how much you need? 2880s

Your session lifetime, should always be longer then the max_execution_time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AuthType basic

AuthName "Secured area"

AuthUserFile /hsphere/local/home/diamonds/.htmaster/.ok_user

Require valid-user

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

# <IfDefine SSL>

# SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*"

# nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

# downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# </IfDefine>

#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

php_value max_execution_time 240

php_value max_input_time 240

php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 2880

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Error message is:

"Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

Filename: EP2010Sep14-0777.csv

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/diamonds/diamonds.lk/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1255 "

Can you please help me on what i need to add extra to this. :(

you will need to lookup how to set these in your .htaccess file. Your host should have been able to help you adjust the numbers if you told them the error you are getting. Doesn't sound like they actually helped you make the settings correct.

The error says memory is being exhausted. So you need to increase the allowed memory in the .htaccess file to accommodate. I can't tell you how much, you need to try increasing the allowed memory and see what happens.

My host has changed their directory permissions to 755 max and they no longer allow 777. As such my Easy Populate reports "temp dir not writable". When I try to load up a file it now fails. It did work when I first installed. Anyone know a workaround or am I moving to a new host?

My server info below

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

HTTP: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 PHP-CGI/0.5

DB: MySQL 5.0.91mm-log

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/nextlev4/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

register_globals is: on

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

UltraPics Pics: false

PDF Upload: false

TIA if you know how to get around this issue.

sorry, no workaround. You will need to find a host that allows the php file to write to folders. The same will be true if you decide to use an image thumbnailer contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been using easypopulate for several months and finally got around to downloading a file for froogle. Problem is, the url fields is blank. Everything else works fine. Forgive me if this has been covered, but I could not find it.

I turned off ultimate seo url and still no product url in the downloaded file. Image urls are there, but not product.

Did I miss a setting somewhere? Any hints?

Tim

BTW: I tried downloading a frrogle products file as well as a complete .csv. Both were missing the product url.

Edited by knifeman

Hi all,

Been using easypopulate for several months and finally got around to downloading a file for froogle. Problem is, the url fields is blank. Everything else works fine. Forgive me if this has been covered, but I could not find it.

I turned off ultimate seo url and still no product url in the downloaded file. Image urls are there, but not product.

Did I miss a setting somewhere? Any hints?

Tim

BTW: I tried downloading a frrogle products file as well as a complete .csv. Both were missing the product url.

I installed Jacks' froogle feeder. Simple install and it outputs the product url .

Tim

Got some weird problem

Using Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 and specific to update SPPC for 2 additional customer group pricing

When I edit the csv file with all the new prices and upload it back into admin, a lot of products is missing the sppc pricing - only e.g. group 1 and 2 as all the products pricing is there with group 0

In addition the products which is missing the pricing it's also not showing up in shop whether logged in for group 0,1 or 2??

Before using easypopulate to update SPPC pricing the missing products definitely was showing in catalog

Please help

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Hello Everyone,

Having a problem with an installation - Here is the system info:

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.2.11

DB: MySQL 5.1.36-community-log

PHP: 5.2.11 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

C:/wamp/www/Live/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Unknown Pics: false

I'm running this on local host. It is insalled on OSC with MVS, STS V4 and the about_us contribution. I have a similar installation on the same local host with no problems. I get the following error on going into Admin/Catalog/Catalog:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

I have no access to the catalog. All other items under Catalog appear to be working. I can import files and have no errors under Easy Populate.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

After searching in the forum for an hour I have decided to write here. I have successfully installed the contribution and it works fine.

Basically I would like to use Export EP to Froogle products file feature. But since I am using this not for Froogle but for www.edbpriser.dk, another provider similar to Froogle, I need to create a csv file which is a slightly different than Froogle file:

manufacturer_name,product_id;price;merchant_code;link;quantity;delivery_time;shipping_cost;

In Froogle file there is no field for manufacturer_name, so if I could add this field to froogle export file then I would figure out the rest.

Any help is appreciated,

shasidi

Hi all,

After searching in the forum for an hour I have decided to write here. I have successfully installed the contribution and it works fine.

Basically I would like to use Export EP to Froogle products file feature. But since I am using this not for Froogle but for www.edbpriser.dk, another provider similar to Froogle, I need to create a csv file which is a slightly different than Froogle file:

manufacturer_name,product_id;price;merchant_code;link;quantity;delivery_time;shipping_cost;

In Froogle file there is no field for manufacturer_name, so if I could add this field to froogle export file then I would figure out the rest.

Any help is appreciated,

shasidi

Hi again,

I have figured this out, I just needed to add this line in the easypopulate.php file:

$filelayout['v_manufacturers_name'] = $iii++;

just after this line:

case 'froogle':

// this is going to be a little interesting because we need

// a way to map from internal names to external names

//

// Before it didn't matter, but with froogle needing particular headers,

// The file layout is dynamically made depending on the number of languages

$iii = 0;

$filelayout = array();

Then I get something like this:

Sandisk,"722","66.51","http://www.domain.com/product_info.php?products_id=27","126",

But I need:

Sandisk,722;66.51;http://www.domain.com/product_info.php?products_id=27;126;

Does anyone know how to get this formating in CSV?

shasidi

Got some weird problem

Using Easy Populate 2.76i-MS2 and specific to update SPPC for 2 additional customer group pricing

When I edit the csv file with all the new prices and upload it back into admin, a lot of products is missing the sppc pricing - only e.g. group 1 and 2 as all the products pricing is there with group 0

In addition the products which is missing the pricing it's also not showing up in shop whether logged in for group 0,1 or 2??

Before using easypopulate to update SPPC pricing the missing products definitely was showing in catalog

Please help

Still cant figure this out - any help please

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

I started using Easy Populate today with my existing site. I downloaded the product database and edited the products making sure every product had a model number, this previously was not in the existing site on every product. I uploaded normal into the DB. It seems that the site shows duplicate items. It shows the correct item with model number and the earlier item without the model number. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help.

Rob

Got some weird problem

Please help

If you have the current version of SPPC, I don't believe this will work for you. It is coded for an older version.

Hello Everyone,

Having a problem with an installation - Here is the system info:

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

HTTP: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.2.11

DB: MySQL 5.1.36-community-log

PHP: 5.2.11 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

C:/wamp/www/Live/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Unknown Pics: false

I'm running this on local host. It is insalled on OSC with MVS, STS V4 and the about_us contribution. I have a similar installation on the same local host with no problems. I get the following error on going into Admin/Catalog/Catalog:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

I have no access to the catalog. All other items under Catalog appear to be working. I can import files and have no errors under Easy Populate.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

I appears you have a portion of header tags controller installed in your shop. You'll need to remove that or complete the installation with the correct database fields installed.

I started using Easy Populate today with my existing site. I downloaded the product database and edited the products making sure every product had a model number, this previously was not in the existing site on every product. I uploaded normal into the DB. It seems that the site shows duplicate items. It shows the correct item with model number and the earlier item without the model number. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help.

Rob

easypopulate finds the correct product to update using the model number. If you exported the products, added the model number to the spreadsheet, then imported, what you experienced is exactly what will happen. You need the model numbers in the database/products to work.

easypopulate finds the correct product to update using the model number. If you exported the products, added the model number to the spreadsheet, then imported, what you experienced is exactly what will happen. You need the model numbers in the database/products to work.

Is there a way to wipeout all the products online and then reimport the file or will I have to manually go and enter all codes online first?

Thanks

Rob