• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I've installed EP and it works for the most part, but I'm running into an error when trying to download anything other than a Complete file. For example I tried downloading a Model/Price/Qty csv file so I can updated product quantities and receive the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT vendors_name FROM vendors WHERE vendors_id =

[TEP STOP]

I have not modified the easypopulate.php file at all, other than to set the configuration. I do have MVS installed. My settings are as follows:

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.15

DB: MySQL 5.0.67-log

PHP: 5.2.12 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

(removed for security)

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 24

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: true

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 3

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: true

Additional Images: false

More Pics: true

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

I'm assuming the relevant code is here:

if (EP_MVS_SUPPORT == true) {
             $vend_result = tep_db_query("select vendors_name from ".TABLE_VENDORS." where vendors_id = " . $row['v_vendor_id'] . "");
             if ($vend_row = tep_db_fetch_array($vend_result)) {
               $row['v_vendor'] = $vend_row['vendors_name'];
             }
           }

But I just don't see an error with it.

Edited by gwynwyffar

I've installed EP and it works for the most part, but I'm running into an error when trying to download anything other than a Complete file. For example I tried downloading a Model/Price/Qty csv file so I can updated product quantities and receive the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

[TEP STOP]

I have not modified the easypopulate.php file at all, other than to set the configuration. I do have MVS installed. My settings are as follows:

Temp Directory:

(removed for security)

Temp Dir is Writable

Other Support:

$vend_result = tep_db_query("select vendors_name from ".TABLE_VENDORS." where vendors_id = " . $row['v_vendor_id'] . "");
}
}

that tells me you have a product that wasn't assigned a vendor (id)

that tells me you have a product that wasn't assigned a vendor (id)

I did download a Complete csv file and I do not see any products without a vendor assigned. I also looked at the actual product table in the database and all products have a vendor id assigned. Is there something else I should be looking for?

Edited by gwynwyffar

[TEP STOP]

Temp Directory:

(removed for security)

Temp Dir is Writable

Other Support:

}
}

try this change

if (EP_MVS_SUPPORT == true && isset($row['v_vendor_id'])) {
}
}

try this change

if (EP_MVS_SUPPORT == true && isset($row['v_vendor_id'])) {
}
}

That did the trick! Thank you very much!

Hi, quick question...

Are there any characters which the product_model field does not accept?

For example could my model number contain these characters: / _ . ?

(Or, must they just be letters or numbers)

Thanks,

Ben

Hi, quick question...

Are there any characters which the product_model field does not accept?

For example could my model number contain these characters: / _ . ?

(Or, must they just be letters or numbers)

Thanks,

Ben

speaking only for easypopulate, it should accept any characters.

Hey Guys,

Anyone here willing to help me bulk update

my site with easy populate.

I already have it installed and a spreadsheet

with products. I just cant figure out how to

import the spreadsheet so it will overwrite

all the products instead of adding the product

with the ones already there.

Take Care,

Michael

Hi Everybody

I would like to use EP in an other way. Instead of using the v_categoriesname_1 etc. - I would like to use the direct table categories_id

Tried making an extra column (v_categories_id) in my csv, but with no luck.

Best regards

Lars Schmidt

Hey Guys,

Anyone here willing to help me bulk update

my site with easy populate.

I already have it installed and a spreadsheet

with products. I just cant figure out how to

import the spreadsheet so it will overwrite

all the products instead of adding the product

with the ones already there.

Take Care,

Michael

one of the key things you'll find in the docs is that each product must have a unique model number. EP matches the model number from the v_products_model column with the model number given to the products in your shop. If it finds a match, it updates that product, if not, it adds a new one. Please do take the time to read the docs. It's required reading. ;)

Edited by surfalot

Hi Everybody

I would like to use EP in an other way. Instead of using the v_categoriesname_1 etc. - I would like to use the direct table categories_id

Tried making an extra column (v_categories_id) in my csv, but with no luck.

Best regards

Lars Schmidt

that's a nice suggestion, but beyond the role of support. I will put it in my suggestions list for the next time I have a chance to work on it.

VJ

I love easy populate. It is the main reason I chose OS Commerce as I have over 5000 products loaded and may have as many as 10,000 when I am finished. You have a fantastic little program here and it is invaluable to me.

How hard is it to add featured products to it so they can be turned on and off easily using a spread sheet to update?

Many thanks

Stefanie

Edited by jimsmega

VJ

I love easy populate. It is the main reason I chose OS Commerce as I have over 5000 products loaded and may have as many as 10,000 when I am finished. You have a fantastic little program here and it is invaluable to me.

How hard is it to add featured products to it so they can be turned on and off easily using a spread sheet to update?

Many thanks

Stefanie

It's a community project, VJ hasn't been involved for many years.

depends, specifically what contribution are your talking about?

I have ep (Easy Populate) v2 76i ms2 and I need to include the Featured Items Module. Is there an upgrade or has someone used this before? I want to pull the field into the spreadsheet like the Specials are. I think they could be managed so much easier that way. Thanks

I have ep (Easy Populate) v2 76i ms2 and I need to include the Featured Items Module. Is there an upgrade or has someone used this before? I want to pull the field into the spreadsheet like the Specials are. I think they could be managed so much easier that way. Thanks

I don't see any contribution called "Featured Items Module". You'll have to be much more specific then that. Maybe include a link to it as to avoid any confusion. I'm not psychic.

Ok I'll try this another way. Featured items is a status flag field that makes some items come up in an info box called featured products and on the index page. It is in the admin where it is manipulated. I want that field to be used in easy populate so I can download items, see which ones have the flag and turn some on or off and upload the file with the changes instead of using admin since it is cumbersome there to do each one individually. I know there are some add ons to make featured easier supposedly but this method would be sweet. Has anyone done this or is it possible to add it to EP? Stefanie

does anyone have the additional code needed to run Easy populate with Quantity price breaks for sppc. the old code (2007) is all globals and beyond my ability to redo. I thought I could use EP to fill products then go in and edit products for price breaks and attributes, but the price break addition is throwing errors on upload. doesn't affect download.

carie

Hi,

I am having the same problem but after finish reading the forum I didn't find an answer. Where you able to solve this or has anybody else a clue?

Please help.

Mrstech

Ok I'll try this another way. Featured items is a status flag field that makes some items come up in an info box called featured products and on the index page. It is in the admin where it is manipulated. I want that field to be used in easy populate so I can download items, see which ones have the flag and turn some on or off and upload the file with the changes instead of using admin since it is cumbersome there to do each one individually. I know there are some add ons to make featured easier supposedly but this method would be sweet. Has anyone done this or is it possible to add it to EP? Stefanie

you can explain it any way you wish. The problem still exists that I don't know what contribution you are referring to. if you can't tell me which one it is, I can't help you.:(

If

Featured items
is a field on the product file try opening up /admin/easypopulate.php and reading the comments in there.

// ******************************************************************
// BEGIN Define Custom Fields for your products database
// ******************************************************************
// the following line is always left as is.
$custom_fields = array();
//
// The following setup will allow you to define any additional 
// field into the "products" and "products_description" tables
// in your shop. If you have  installed a custom contribution
// that adds fields to these tables you may simply and easily add
// them to the EasyPopulate system.
//
// ********************
// ** products table **
// Lets say you have added a field to your "products" table called
// "products_upc". The header name in your import file will be
// called "v_products_upc".  Then below you will change the line
// that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):
// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export
//
// TO:
// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );
//
// If you have multiple fields this is what it would look like:
// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC', 'products_restock_quantity' => 'Restock' );
//
// ********************************
// ** products_description table **
// Lets say you have added a field to your "products_description" table called
// "products_short_description". The header name in your import file will be
// called "v_products_short_description_1" for English, "v_products_short_description_2" for German,
// "v_products_short_description_3" for Spanish. Other languages will vary. Be sure to use the 
// langugage ID of the custom language you installed if it is other then the original
// 3 installed languages of osCommerce. If you are unsure what language ID you need to
// use, do a complete export and examine the file headers EasyPopulate produces.
//
// Then below you will change the line that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):
// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export
//
// TO:
// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_short_description' => 'short' );
//
// If you have multiple fields this is what it would look like:
// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_short_description' => 'short', 'products_viewed' => 'Viewed' );
//
// the array format is: array( 'table_field_name' => 'Familiar Name' )
// the array key ('table_field_name') is always the exact name of the 
// field in the table. The array value ('Familiar Name') is any text
// name that will be used in the custom EP export download checkbox.
//
// I believe this will only work for text/varchar and numeric field
// types.  If your custom field is a date/time or any other type, you
// may need to incorporate custom code to correctly import your data.
//

A reference to this in the documentation would help where people are looking at the contribution, otherwise you only get to see it during the installation/configuration process.

I wonder how many would read it anyway?

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I have read it line by line and I was thinking that is where to put the new table for featured and was about to try it but thought there may have been an update or someone else may have done it already. So I'll see what happens with my short time of experience with this so far. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i'm running into some problems, i wonder if someone could have a read through them and make some suggestions please?

my source file is too large to import in one go (13MB)and it just times out if i try to import it

so...

i'm tryig to split the file, so i point EP to the source csv file and click on split. but again this just times out.

so...

to test the format of my file i manually opened it and deleted eveerything except approx ten lines of data.

then....

i imported the new smaller csv file into ep and it works fine, the new products/categories are created no probs at all.

so...

i thought if i was to reduce the standard 300 split in the easypop.php file down to about 10 that should work right? but no it doesnt, it still times out:

FastCGI Error

The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

•The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout

•Error Number: 995 (0x800703e3).

•Error Description: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

so i'm guessing its got something to do with another setting else where that's making it time out rather than the data files its self.

all suggestions and help much appreciated

thanks

zac

EP has to load the entire file before it can split it. If it's too big to fit in memory, you're out of luck. Try splitting the file manually into sections that EP can then further split. You may get away with only splitting it in half, or you may have to go further than that. It all depends on your server.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.