• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

this may sound like a silly question but, have you install the ultrapics contribution? The error is saying it wasn't fully installed in the database at the moment.

Wow...I need sleep...

I have "Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups" installed :blush:.

Does it even support that?

Thank you for the reply!

Wow...I need sleep...

I have "Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups" installed :blush:.

Does it even support that?

Thank you for the reply!

sorry, not that one.

Ah damn...I guess I'll have to look at other options, then. How about oscThumb? Is that compatible?

sorry, not that one either. Additional Image, ultrapics, older morepic 6 1.3 or previous.

sorry, not that one either. Additional Image, ultrapics, older morepic 6 1.3 or previous.

Ohhh :( I could get by without FancyBox Popups but I don't know about oscThumb...my thumbnail images look kind of distorted if I just use the regular osCommerce thumbnails.

Ohhh :( I could get by without FancyBox Popups but I don't know about oscThumb...my thumbnail images look kind of distorted if I just use the regular osCommerce thumbnails.

both Additional Images and Ultrapics address that issue. (neither are compatible with oscThumbs)

Ohhh really? Nice, I'll try one of them out...which one is better?

Thanks for all your help!

the main difference it automatic thumbing vs manual thumbing and 6 pics vs unlimited pics. I can't remember if ultrapics has water marking, but AI does.

I created the latest AI because automatic thumbnailing can cause a load problem on large shops that will degrade the performance of the site while your customers are browsing products. AI allows you to determine when the thumbnailing is done using a utility to perform it in bulk or when the image is uploaded. In addition to that, you can add unlimited numbers of additional images. AI also has a more robust display engine with lots of ways to display your product images.

If you want automatic thumbnailing and have less then a couple hundred products and don't need more then 6 images per product, ultrapics is for you.

the main difference it automatic thumbing vs manual thumbing and 6 pics vs unlimited pics. I can't remember if ultrapics has water marking, but AI does.

I created the latest AI because automatic thumbnailing can cause a load problem on large shops that will degrade the performance of the site while your customers are browsing products. AI allows you to determine when the thumbnailing is done using a utility to perform it in bulk or when the image is uploaded. In addition to that, you can add unlimited numbers of additional images. AI also has a more robust display engine with lots of ways to display your product images.

If you want automatic thumbnailing and have less then a couple hundred products and don't need more then 6 images per product, ultrapics is for you.

Sounds like AI will be better suited for what I'm going to be doing.

Thanks for all your help!

hi there

I have installed easy populate in my oscommerce instalation and it seem to be working fine except i have two small problems. 1) my csv file doesn't have a product_model field and 2) when i upload the file to my database (temp) i dont know what to do with it after that.. is it that i have to use another tool to add from temp to catelogue or should it happen automatically or is it all to do with the fact that i do not have a product model field.. please excuse the fact that i seem to know almost nothing as i'm new to all this and i have been trying to teach myself at home... for a couple of months is all.

any help, info' or advice would be greatly apreciated

regards paul

hi there

I have installed easy populate in my oscommerce instalation and it seem to be working fine except i have two small problems. 1) my csv file doesn't have a product_model field and 2) when i upload the file to my database (temp) i dont know what to do with it after that.. is it that i have to use another tool to add from temp to catelogue or should it happen automatically or is it all to do with the fact that i do not have a product model field.. please excuse the fact that i seem to know almost nothing as i'm new to all this and i have been trying to teach myself at home... for a couple of months is all.

any help, info' or advice would be greatly apreciated

regards paul

How to use Easy Populate in the docs is a good place to start.

You must have a unique model number filled in to each product row. It is the only way the code can match up the information with your products.

After uploading the file to the temp folder, you should see the file appear under the heading Import EP file from Temp Dir on the main page of easy populate. Select it and click insert.

Hi,

To modify the Easypopulate code I read in the manual.. it should be something like that:

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'Supplier_model_number' => 'Supplier_model' );

But what should be the SQL command to enter that supplier model number field(25char) to the database?

Any help please??

Thanks,

Nathali

Hi,

Could someone please guide me step by step what should I do to add another "model_number" that will be my "supplier_model_number"?

- what should be the command for the SQL to add this field?

- what will be the syntex I need to modify in admin/easypopulate.php file?

- I use easypopulate EP_v2_76h_MS2

The "supplier_model_number" field that I want to add to EACH "product field" will help me to update prices directly from my supplier prices list (by using a excel macro..) this is the Only purpose for it.

I need the possibility to download/upload/modify this "supplier_model_number" by EP..

I have more then 2500 products that I need to update every day.. since their prices changed daily!

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE HELP ME? Please don't send me to read EP manual, I know that it explained there, but it is not so clear to me, since I am not strong as you in programming.

If it is complicated for you to explained how should I do that.. OR the code modification is too complicated, I will be happy to pay you todo it for me.

Hope someone here could be kind enough to help me..

Thanks,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

How to use Easy Populate in the docs is a good place to start.

You must have a unique model number filled in to each product row. It is the only way the code can match up the information with your products.

After uploading the file to the temp folder, you should see the file appear under the heading Import EP file from Temp Dir on the main page of easy populate. Select it and click insert.

hello again

Just a quickie... regarding my last question about easy pop', I got round it by using my FTP client (filezila) to upload my csv file and imported from there.

the thing now is... the image URLs arn't working; I have tried to see if it was an easypop' issue by adding the URLs in manually in admin but still no joy... Could this be an issue with the 'Image Server'??? does any1 know of a contribution that would allow me to get round this issue?

any help is always apriciated

thank

regards

Paul

the thing now is... the image URLs arn't working; I have tried to see if it was an easypop' issue by adding the URLs in manually in admin but still no joy... Could this be an issue with the 'Image Server'??? does any1 know of a contribution that would allow me to get round this issue?

any help is always apriciated

the images don't show from being entered in either EP or the admin? PM a link to an affected product.

hi again

well i tried to take the 'http://' out as stated derrr and then wrote the path as mysite.co.uk/public_html/images/the file name for an image file i know exists (i copy and pasted the file name straight off an image in in the images dir) and still no joy!!!

Heeeeeellllllp

thanks again surfalot by the way

Paul

I get an error message when trying to import a csv-file;

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /(path here)/easypopulate.php on line 1310

Line 1310 is the first one below;

foreach( $theheaders_array as $header ){
       $cleanheader = str_replace( '"', '', $header);
       // echo "Fileheader was $header<br /><br /><br />";
       $filelayout[ $cleanheader ] = $lll++; //
   }

Please give me some advice. I'm using the latest version, 2.76i-MS2

Thanks!

Never mind, must have been something with Excel for Mac. When saved as a Windows CSV file (as recommended in the documentation) it worked.

Edited by Fredrik.r

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?

The easy populate contribution works well for me, however I have just come across one problem. I am able to upload products and not assign them to a category by leaving all the category fields blank. I can see them in the admin panel, marked as inactive right at the top level.

However if I do a full download (or even just a single custom download e.g. price) it misses out these products allotgether. I know they are in the system, but I have no way of getting them back out using Easy Populate.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, or could offer some thoughts?

hi again

now i'm convinved i found a bug!? what I have done is this: in my web browser i entered mysite.co.uk/images/[image_I_know_exists.jpg] and made sure the path was correct and led to a image that al ready exists in my store, i highlighted it and pasted it into the image URL box in admin-catelogue-products (excluding the 'http://' part hit preview and still no joy!? so if it won't work with a URL that does allow you to link to an image through a browser then am i right in thinking that the prob' lies with osc???

mind you I do get a warning at the top of the page informing me of no file uploaded??? it didnt need to tell me that lol but maybe this will point out to some 1 what is wrong???

thanks again

any help, info and advice is always apreciated

regard

paul aka stumpyhead

hi again

now i'm convinved i found a bug!? what I have done is this: in my web browser i entered mysite.co.uk/images/[image_I_know_exists.jpg] and made sure the path was correct and led to a image that al ready exists in my store, i highlighted it and pasted it into the image URL box in admin-catelogue-products (excluding the 'http://' part hit preview and still no joy!? so if it won't work with a URL that does allow you to link to an image through a browser then am i right in thinking that the prob' lies with osc???

mind you I do get a warning at the top of the page informing me of no file uploaded??? it didnt need to tell me that lol but maybe this will point out to some 1 what is wrong???

thanks again

any help, info and advice is always apreciated

regard

paul aka stumpyhead

you are suppose to select the file from your local computer using the "browse" button next to the image field on that form. you can not point to a file already on the server. That form field shouldn't allow you to paste a location into it.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?

The easy populate contribution works well for me, however I have just come across one problem. I am able to upload products and not assign them to a category by leaving all the category fields blank. I can see them in the admin panel, marked as inactive right at the top level.

However if I do a full download (or even just a single custom download e.g. price) it misses out these products allotgether. I know they are in the system, but I have no way of getting them back out using Easy Populate.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, or could offer some thoughts?

EP won't export the products from the root. osCommerce also won't display products (I believe) when they are placed there. The products need to be in at least one category. My guess is you don't have the column headers correct for the categories. Look again at the Import File Format and Description of Column Headers section of the EP documentation. Then look at the "how to ask for help" topic of the support section in those docs for all the information I need to help you further.

hi

i can use the brows button and import from my computer but what im trying to do is use easy populte to import the catelogue and then let osc import the images from a remote server. i Imported a blank file from my host/store to make sure i got the correct database structure.

when i checked, the Image URL was being placed correctly in the image URL part of the form. just under the Brows button there is a box that says next to it"image url" so i assumed that you can put a url for a server anywhere and import the image... however, it didnt work so i put 1 to my own site to see if that would work just to check but that didnt work??? it seems a bit strange that they would have a box for image url if it doesnt work so??? i dunno its got to be me doing something wrong??? but any help is alway apriciated so if you can help and stop me pullin what's left of my hair out lol

kind regard

paul