• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I did not read a lot

yup, that pretty clear, your answer is on this page. So what you are saying is your time is more valuable then mine?

Forum etiquette would dictate a little reading (as indicated in the support section of the EP docs) so that folks like myself that take time out of my busy schedule to help out don't have to answer the same question over and over again. :rolleyes: which, of course, is WHY this is done in public forum.

Hi Surfalot,

i tried to install the fresh easy populate version 2.76i without any changes and it shows no error at all; but when i tried to include extra field in the

// ******************************************************************

// BEGIN Define Custom Fields for your products database

// the following line is always left as is.

//BOF NEWFIELD EVERYWHERE

//$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array();

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array('products_year' => 'Year', 'products_engine' => 'Engine Size', 'products_liter' => 'Liter', 'products_fuel_delivery' => 'Del', 'products_asp' => 'Asp', 'products_vin_number' => 'Vin #', 'products_designation' => 'Designation', 'products_notes' => 'Notes', 'products_part_number' => 'Part Number', 'products_year' => 'Year', 'products_car_make' => 'Make', 'products_car_model' => 'Vehicle Model', 'products_partslink' => 'Partslink #', 'products_oemparts' => 'OEM #');

//EOF NEWFIELD EVERYWHERE

it shows this error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/....../public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 465

can you show me how to fix this error? Thanks Surfalot

Hi Surfalot,

i tried to install the fresh easy populate version 2.76i without any changes and it shows no error at all; but when i tried to include extra field in the

// BEGIN Define Custom Fields for your products database

// the following line is always left as is.

//BOF NEWFIELD EVERYWHERE

//$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array();

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array('products_year' => 'Year', 'products_engine' => 'Engine Size', 'products_liter' => 'Liter', 'products_fuel_delivery' => 'Del', 'products_asp' => 'Asp', 'products_vin_number' => 'Vin #', 'products_designation' => 'Designation', 'products_notes' => 'Notes', 'products_part_number' => 'Part Number', 'products_year' => 'Year', 'products_car_make' => 'Make', 'products_car_model' => 'Vehicle Model', 'products_partslink' => 'Partslink #', 'products_oemparts' => 'OEM #');

//EOF NEWFIELD EVERYWHERE

it shows this error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/....../public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 465

can you show me how to fix this error? Thanks Surfalot

DONE FIXING THE ERROR! I uncommented out the "$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export"

yup, that pretty clear, your answer is on this page. So what you are saying is your time is more valuable then mine?

Forum etiquette would dictate a little reading (as indicated in the support section of the EP docs) so that folks like myself that take time out of my busy schedule to help out don't have to answer the same question over and over again. :rolleyes: which, of course, is WHY this is done in public forum.

yeah sorry for not reading all 397 or how many pages there are, after reading stuff to work EP out. (it is you know chance that it the answer is on this page.)

i do not want to appear disrespectful but.... nope my time is not more valuable than yours, but the value of the amount of time i would spend looking for the answer or estimation of the time i would spend looking for the answer, appeared more valuable than the time you or somebody would spend typing yes or no. since i assumed you already knew the answer

and one more thing, if you get the same question once for every 397 pages here, than maybe it is probably most beneficial for everyone to put up a list o faq (i can help with this - once i am done with this project.) - and then you wont waste your valuable time answering the same question over and over, and people wont spend their valuable time going over 397 pages.

Edited by psychoder

yeah sorry for not reading all 397 or how many pages there are, after reading stuff to work EP out. (it is you know chance that it the answer is on this page.)

i do not want to appear disrespectful but.... nope my time is not more valuable than yours, but the value of the amount of time i would spend looking for the answer or estimation of the time i would spend looking for the answer, appeared more valuable than the time you or somebody would spend typing yes or no. since i assumed you already knew the answer

and one more thing, if you get the same question once for every 397 pages here, than maybe it is probably most beneficial for everyone to put up a list o faq (i can help with this - once i am done with this project.) - and then you wont waste your valuable time answering the same question over and over, and people wont spend their valuable time going over 397 pages.

You might want to reread the forum rules linked at the top of the page. Specifically the first sentence of the Posting section. Not only is it good etiquette to look for the answer yourself first, it is part of the forum rules.

Then you might want to drop down to the Public Behaviour section with respect to your last post.

Then you might want to reread the Support section documentation that accompanies this contribution which asks you to read the last 4-5 of the latest pages of the thread before posting. Which of course is only good etiquette for any forum, as I've indicated. Maybe in time you will learn the value of a public forum. But in any case "I did not read a lot" simply is disrespectful from the start. The forum is not a crutch for the lazy, it's a resource for the wise. Reading is the name of the game here, not "I did not read a lot" so here's a quick question.

That lastly since you indicated "I did not read a lot", how would you even know if that was mention in the FAQ/documentation of the contribution. You didn't read it anyway.

You might want to reread the forum rules linked at the top of the page. Specifically the first sentence of the Posting section. Not only is it good etiquette to look for the answer yourself first, it is part of the forum rules.

Then you might want to drop down to the Public Behaviour section with respect to your last post.

Then you might want to reread the Support section documentation that accompanies this contribution which asks you to read the last 4-5 of the latest pages of the thread before posting. Which of course is only good etiquette for any forum, as I've indicated. Maybe in time you will learn the value of a public forum. But in any case "I did not read a lot" simply is disrespectful from the start. The forum is not a crutch for the lazy, it's a resource for the wise. Reading is the name of the game here, not "I did not read a lot" so here's a quick question.

That lastly since you indicated "I did not read a lot", how would you even know if that was mention in the FAQ/documentation of the contribution. You didn't read it anyway.

I agree with most of your post, honestly. It has been some laziness on my part (just result of a week of little sleep, time spent on other work - not an excuse, just trying to explain myself.) and we started on wrong grounds here.

"I did not read a lot" means I did not read a lot, by my standards, not yours or not you will see from any random user. I read the documentation-- almost all of it - skipped the contributions that did not refer to me, I know it mentions it does not handle attributes well or differently, I know it also mentions it is kind of hard to understand how the attributes work but it does not mention any information that would be the "yes" or "no" answer to my question. Sorry if it is mentioned on another part of your documentation, and I missed it - again little sleep (by little sleep i mean, < 3hrs a day).

Sorry for wasting your time reading this or answering this.

and lastly, shame on me for thanking this late: Thanks for the great work, it really helped/helps me a lot with my work.

Edited by psychoder

I am new to Easy Populate and am having a miserable time. I have been trying for months to get this to work searching this forum or forums for answers. I am sorry if I overlooked the answer. Here is a snippet of the error I am getting

Filename: EP_Split1.txt

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACS890 | COCKSICLE | Freeze it | Games and | $19.80 | 0 | 1 | | DISC | http://www | http://www

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACS891 | COCKSICLE | Freeze it | Games and | $0.72 | 0 | 1 | | DISC | http://www | http://www

This is my

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.81-community

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/zagdesig/public_html/forgasmtoys/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Here is a link to my csv file

http://forgasmtoys.zagdesignz.com/Inventory.csv

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am new to Easy Populate and am having a miserable time. I have been trying for months to get this to work searching this forum or forums for answers. I am sorry if I overlooked the answer. Here is a snippet of the error I am getting

Filename: EP_Split1.txt

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACS890 | COCKSICLE | Freeze it | Games and | $19.80 | 0 | 1 | | DISC | http://www | http://www

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported: | ACS891 | COCKSICLE | Freeze it | Games and | $0.72 | 0 | 1 | | DISC | http://www | http://www

look in the documentation for these two sections:

# Import File Format

# Description of Column Headers

you need to put the correct column header names in your file before EP understands what you want to do with it.

Hi there,

I've installed the lastest version of ESP yesterday which is supposed to work around 'Product Model'. Acutally, I read it in instruction but went ahead with installation hoping to find some solution at a later stage.

Basically, I need to get ESP to work around 'Product Id'. Reading through the thread, someone actually resoved that issue and carried on with this ESP but he didn't say how he resolved it :(

Is there anyone who knows how to resolve this issue? Or Can someone recommend which version of ESP will help me achieve this on Merchant V2.2 RC2a? I also read on this thread that ESP Master Product is recommended but which version? I am really confused with so many addtions/corrections/versions.

surfalot's latest version was recommended in a few threads. So I tried it but it works around 'Product Model' :(

Hi there,

I've installed the lastest version of ESP yesterday which is supposed to work around 'Product Model'. Acutally, I read it in instruction but went ahead with installation hoping to find some solution at a later stage.

Basically, I need to get ESP to work around 'Product Id'. Reading through the thread, someone actually resolved that issue and carried on with this ESP but he didn't say how he resolved it :(

Is there anyone who knows how to resolve this issue? Or Can someone recommend which version of ESP will help me achieve this on Merchant V2.2 RC2a? I also read on this thread that ESP Master Product is recommended but which version? I am really confused with so many addtions/corrections/versions.

surfalot's latest version was recommended in a few threads. So I tried it but it works around 'Product Model' :(

After trying a few more versions, I've decided to stick to this lastest one.

I am adding 'Product Model' in Admin manually one by one now :( It's one of those things that has to be done for future use (price updates and etc in the future again)

If anyone knows how to use 'Product Name' instead of 'Product Model', please help me. Or anything that could make this manual task easier and faster (how to insert 'Product Model' with a few clicks?!?!)

Thank you!

After trying a few more versions, I've decided to stick to this lastest one.

I am adding 'Product Model' in Admin manually one by one now :( It's one of those things that has to be done for future use (price updates and etc in the future again)

If anyone knows how to use 'Product Name' instead of 'Product Model', please help me. Or anything that could make this manual task easier and faster (how to insert 'Product Model' with a few clicks?!?!)

Thank you!

I'm not sure here, but you should be able to work around it by change in easypopulate.php so the product id is used instead in the products_model field.

//Fredrik

I have some fields in the export txt/csv-file that I want to add. These fields should be same for all products, so the information shuld be hard coded in the easypopulate.php file

example:

v_distributors_name v_products_qty_blocks

NULL 1

So NULL and 1 should be same on all lines for all products in the export file. And I dont need them in the import section.

I have tried a few things but cant get it to work. All I manage to get into the export file is the column headers.

Can anyone tell me how to acomplish this?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Edited by redrum

I'm not sure here, but you should be able to work around it by change in easypopulate.php so the product id is used instead in the products_model field.

//Fredrik

Yep, I guess it can be done. Sadly, not by me.

I am just trying to get this done by adding Product Model one by one, which is the only way I can think of. Although I've been working on it non stop day and night, I'm still not even a half way through :( I keep coming back to this thread to see if anyone has actually offered some solution but no joy :( Google search didn't bring any joy either.

Hi there,

I was just directed to this contribution to possibly use to migrate a catalog from a Yahoo Store site. In the documentation for EasyPopulate it mentions that it really doesn't do attributes that well. But I see a lot of messages regarding attributes. So my question is - is the documentation out of date, or is EasyPopulate not really set up to handle attributes?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi there,

I was just directed to this contribution to possibly use to migrate a catalog from a Yahoo Store site. In the documentation for EasyPopulate it mentions that it really doesn't do attributes that well. But I see a lot of messages regarding attributes. So my question is - is the documentation out of date, or is EasyPopulate not really set up to handle attributes?

Thanks,

Chris

the documentation is up to date. It says what I meant. It works, but its not simple to manage.

I have some fields in the export txt/csv-file that I want to add. These fields should be same for all products, so the information shuld be hard coded in the easypopulate.php file

example:

v_distributors_name v_products_qty_blocks

NULL 1

So NULL and 1 should be same on all lines for all products in the export file. And I dont need them in the import section.

I have tried a few things but cant get it to work. All I manage to get into the export file is the column headers.

Can anyone tell me how to acomplish this?

Thanks,

Fredrik

what table is your new fields in?

Ok, would you have any suggestions on the best way to migrate a yahoo store over? The current catalog has about 100 products and each one might have 2 or 3 color choices.

Thanks.

the documentation is up to date. It says what I meant. It works, but its not simple to manage.

Yep, I guess it can be done. Sadly, not by me.

I am just trying to get this done by adding Product Model one by one, which is the only way I can think of. Although I've been working on it non stop day and night, I'm still not even a half way through :( I keep coming back to this thread to see if anyone has actually offered some solution but no joy :( Google search didn't bring any joy either.

If you change

p.products_model as v_products_model

to

p.products_id as v_products_model

you get the product id in the v_products_model table in the CSV file.

I have just tried to export it by this modification. I have not tested to upload anyting with these changes. So backup and test it in a test shop first.

what table is your new fields in?

These tables does not exist in the shop that I want to do the export from. But I took a look at it with some fresh eyes and solved it.

I added

$filelayout['v_products_qty_blocks']		 = $products_qty_blocks;

in the propper place

Then

'$products_qty_blocks' as v_products_qty_blocks,

in the db quiry

Then

$products_qty_blocks = '1';

in the top of the page to define it.

And then

$products_qty_blocks

in the line

list($filelayout, $filelayout_count, $filelayout_sql, $fileheaders) = ep_create_filelayout($_GET['dltype'], $attribute_options_array, $languages, $custom_fields, $products_qty_blocks); // get the right filelayout for this download

and

process_row($readed_row, $filelayout, $filelayout_count, $default_these, $ep_separator, $languages, $custom_fields, $products_qty_blocks, $products_extra);

and

function ep_create_filelayout($dltype, $attribute_options_array, $languages, $custom_fields, $products_qty_blocks){

STEP #7 - Configuring the file "/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php" PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!: Go to /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php and read the section marked "Configuration Variables".

How do I get to this section? It does not appear on easypopulate.php?

Thanks for this add-on! I'm in the midst of tweaking my .csv import file and database to accomodate. Just need some help finding the Configuration Variables section that I am supposed to read. Thanks for some assistance!

If you change

p.products_model as v_products_model

to

p.products_id as v_products_model

you get the product id in the v_products_model table in the CSV file.

I have just tried to export it by this modification. I have not tested to upload anyting with these changes. So backup and test it in a test shop first.

Hi there,

Thank you for trying to help me there. Appreciate it! :)

I have changed 'p.products_model as v_products_model' to 'p.products_id as v_products_model', 8 of them in total in easypopulate.php.

When I export a file, it actually generate some random numbers under Product Model which is good but after I've made some changeds in price, I've uploaded it only to find that the price was not updated :(

Hi there,

Thank you for trying to help me there. Appreciate it! :)

I have changed 'p.products_model as v_products_model' to 'p.products_id as v_products_model', 8 of them in total in easypopulate.php.

When I export a file, it actually generate some random numbers under Product Model which is good but after I've made some changeds in price, I've uploaded it only to find that the price was not updated :(

I'm not sure here, but it shouldnt generate random numbers. It should generate the product id.

To try it out to see if it works by only do the change in one place in easypopulate.php. If you do the change on line 1911 and then do a complete export.

Hello,

I have had a working easy populate for a couple years now. But last night something happened to make it stop working. Now when I try to upload my catalog file it simply refreshes the page with no error/message or anything just a blank page as if I just clicked on utility import export.

Here is what I did last night which led to the problem. I am not sure which specifically has caused this:

1)automatic install of contribution "discount coupon codes" (also tried the automatic uninstall from the backup files which did not fix the problem, though the discount codes module does seem to work perfectly. Note** before the automatic install worked it said I needed to have version 5.2.0 I believe of php installed on the server. I thought I did but I went to look around my server panel. I think that after doing #2 below it allowed me to automatically install even though I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with the php version on the server...)

2) Was puttsing around in my server's panel (dreamhost) and turned on PHP Cache. and then disabled it.

3) had to change file permissions of includes/configure.php from 644 to 444 as I was receiving error in cart this fixed the error as I read it would in these forums.

That is it. Any help/thoughts/ideas/anything is greatly appreciated. I need easy populate to be working else I cannot add new products to my site. Thank you so much.

Hello,

I have had a working easy populate for a couple years now. But last night something happened to make it stop working. Now when I try to upload my catalog file it simply refreshes the page with no error/message or anything just a blank page as if I just clicked on utility import export.

Here is what I did last night which led to the problem. I am not sure which specifically has caused this:

1)automatic install of contribution "discount coupon codes" (also tried the automatic uninstall from the backup files which did not fix the problem, though the discount codes module does seem to work perfectly. Note** before the automatic install worked it said I needed to have version 5.2.0 I believe of php installed on the server. I thought I did but I went to look around my server panel. I think that after doing #2 below it allowed me to automatically install even though I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with the php version on the server...)

2) Was puttsing around in my server's panel (dreamhost) and turned on PHP Cache. and then disabled it.

3) had to change file permissions of includes/configure.php from 644 to 444 as I was receiving error in cart this fixed the error as I read it would in these forums.

That is it. Any help/thoughts/ideas/anything is greatly appreciated. I need easy populate to be working else I cannot add new products to my site. Thank you so much.

I figured out the problem. I had somehow upgraded my php to php5 which it was not before.