• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

did you create the current attributes using the standard osCommerce attribute manager? or an attribute contribution? is there just one language installed? English language ID #1?

I tried to come up with a scenario where that would happen, but couldn't.

The only suggestion is to empty the attributes tables and create a few test attributes from scratch and trying again. **Please backup before anything like this**

I've created them straight from the admin first without any contributions, after that I've installed EP and even tried Clone Atributes, but it's a very slow process. They look fine on the life pages, so they are entered into the database.Yes, there is only one language installed. Somebody else did the install and initial setup for me, so I don't know if they made any changes to the database tables. Is there a way to compare the structure of the SQL?

I will try your suggestion about emptying the tables (when I figure out how to do it :rolleyes:

yes, every product row will have all the attributes, a non-blank options value price assigns it to the attribute.

can't diagnose this with the information provided. doesn't sound like any of the common problems I hear. I'm betting its a problem with the second file.

code problem most likely, doubtful it is related.

we all offer a little free time when we can so offering a reward really isn't going make a difference. :)

I have tried to remove all the product attributes and upload my excel list again. This wouldn't solve the problem.

When the arrtibutes are empty i can add them manually but when i have to do that for all the products i have to add 1500 x 47 attributes. So that wouldn't be the solution.

When I upload the first list this will add the attributes again. When i upload the second list. (with exact the same column headers) it won't upload the attributes. this is very stange and i can't find the solution at the moment.

Is there a possibility there is a structural problem in my database?

I've created them straight from the admin first without any contributions, after that I've installed EP and even tried Clone Atributes, but it's a very slow process. They look fine on the life pages, so they are entered into the database.Yes, there is only one language installed. Somebody else did the install and initial setup for me, so I don't know if they made any changes to the database tables. Is there a way to compare the structure of the SQL?

I will try your suggestion about emptying the tables (when I figure out how to do it :rolleyes:

I've checked the database structure and found following tables related to attributes:

customers_basket_attributes

orders_products_attributes

products_attributes

products_attributes_download

products_options

products_options_values

products_options_values_to_products_options

Is it normal structure or was it modified? If not - which tables should I empty?

I've checked the database structure and found following tables related to attributes:

customers_basket_attributes

orders_products_attributes

products_attributes

products_options

products_options_values

Is it normal structure or was it modified? If not - which tables should I empty?

just these, but backup so you can restore after trying this. I'll post a little code later that might help track down the issue.

If you have phpMyAdmin available, export just those tables and PM a link to the file. I might be able to spot an issue (maybe not).

products_attributes

products_options

products_options_values

I have tried to remove all the product attributes and upload my excel list again. This wouldn't solve the problem.

When the arrtibutes are empty i can add them manually but when i have to do that for all the products i have to add 1500 x 47 attributes. So that wouldn't be the solution.

When I upload the first list this will add the attributes again. When i upload the second list. (with exact the same column headers) it won't upload the attributes. this is very stange and i can't find the solution at the moment.

Is there a possibility there is a structural problem in my database?

I'm betting it's a problem with second file I haven't seen. Have you tried clearing the attributes tables and creating a product by the attributes manager, then exporting to check for any differences with your import files?

just these, but backup so you can restore after trying this. I'll post a little code later that might help track down the issue.

If you have phpMyAdmin available, export just those tables and PM a link to the file. I might be able to spot an issue (maybe not).

products_attributes

products_options

products_options_values

PM sent

How to ask for help

1. TRUE

2. WindowsXP SP2, Dreamweaver/Programmer's Notepad

3. No Error Message. everything is running smooth

4. DB Problem: My CSV

my EP main page

My affecting Website

Problem:

As you may clearly notice from the attached CSV file, (first upload - products 2-9, second upload products 10-19) all rows follow the same rules. For some reason, however, the second upload was not added to the database. I checked within phpMyAdmin and there are only the products 2-8 recorded, Same applies for categories.

In my Store-Admin section, however, everything is there. My shop front, too, Everything seem OK

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Problem:

As you may clearly notice from the attached CSV file, (first upload - products 2-9, second upload products 10-19) all rows follow the same rules. For some reason, however, the second upload was not added to the database. I checked within phpMyAdmin and there are only the products 2-8 recorded, Same applies for categories.

I can't support the version you are using since I didn't upload it. But using v2.76i, which has the same support for UltraPics, it is working just fine for me.

I added the UltraPics table entries. I split your CSV file in two, of course retaining the header row in the second file. Upload each one after another. 8 products were added the first time, 10 products were added the second time. All the UltraPics images were added to the correct fields in the products table. I even filled in images 5 & 6 on a second run and they filled also. All the attributes were added also. looks good to me.

so, don't know what to tell you other then to make sure you added the header row on your second import file.

so, don't know what to tell you other then to make sure you added the header row on your second import file.
Hi Todd

Thanks for your reply

Actually, I purchased this store with the EP already installed from another OSC Pro here.

Question. Would it be possible to do an "Iinstall Over" of your version [i wasn't aware that my version has nothing to do with yours, thought EP is all the same] without difficulties or creating other problems? If possible, how to do?

Question why I'm asking is I experience also DB problems, (products, categories, etc are not or incomplete added to the MySQL and this may also have to do with my OBVIOUS faulty EP) and did you have a look at my development store? There are quite a few add-ons on it.

Thanks a lot indeed.

Sorry I forgot

YEP, SURE I kept the headers as they are ;-) In fact - I only delete the rows below the headers and add new products or mix them together, meaning I keep the CSV as is and just add new rows

Thank you

I've been having a really odd problem with EP and hope someone could help me with.

I've been using EP v2.74 for the longest time without any problems, but recently upgraded to v2.76i because I started to use QTYPro and XSell. I updated all my existing products without any problems and it worked great in the past 2 weeks.

However, today I wanted to add NEW products into my store. I used the v2.76i and it was added sucessfully to my SQL database (I went into phpMyAdmin -> products and found the newly added products there just like the old products, even with chronological product_id) but it does not show in the admin and the store. I've compared with the old products in the database and do not see any differences. All data are imported to the correct fields in the database but is not being read by oscommerce.

I re-uploaded the v2.74 and import the exact same excel. It shows the products being UPDATED (not new because they're already in the database) and then it shows up in the store and admin.

I'm wondering if anyone could enlighten me what possible problem it could be. Or else, I would need to use the v2.74 to import new products and use v2.76i to define the QTYPro and XSell which is quite troublesome.

Thank you.

Edited by atashi

Hi Todd

Thanks for your reply

Actually, I purchased this store with the EP already installed from another OSC Pro here.

Question. Would it be possible to do an "Iinstall Over" of your version [i wasn't aware that my version has nothing to do with yours, thought EP is all the same] without difficulties or creating other problems? If possible, how to do?

Question why I'm asking is I experience also DB problems, (products, categories, etc are not or incomplete added to the MySQL and this may also have to do with my OBVIOUS faulty EP) and did you have a look at my development store? There are quite a few add-ons on it.

Thanks a lot indeed.

what your current shop looks like is of no concern to the operation of EP.

I'm not implying that your version of EP is faulty. But it is a version I didn't produce. Unfortunately the person that did, didn't increase the version number so some confusion exists.

You would have to ask your pro whether there was any changes specific to your installation. If not, you should be able to overwrite the EP you have with the latest. But again, probably not the issue unless the pro changed some things.

I think you should be asking the shop's developer about the problems. It would be easier to diagnose with access to the code. They should be able to handle it if your money was well spent :)

Edited by surfalot

I've been having a really odd problem with EP and hope someone could help me with.

I've been using EP v2.74 for the longest time without any problems, but recently upgraded to v2.76i because I started to use QTYPro and XSell. I updated all my existing products without any problems and it worked great in the past 2 weeks.

However, today I wanted to add NEW products into my store. I used the v2.76i and it was added sucessfully to my SQL database (I went into phpMyAdmin -> products and found the newly added products there just like the old products, even with chronological product_id) but it does not show in the admin and the store. I've compared with the old products in the database and do not see any differences. All data are imported to the correct fields in the database but is not being read by oscommerce.

I re-uploaded the v2.74 and import the exact same excel. It shows the products being UPDATED (not new because they're already in the database) and then it shows up in the store and admin.

I'm wondering if anyone could enlighten me what possible problem it could be. Or else, I would need to use the v2.74 to import new products and use v2.76i to define the QTYPro and XSell which is quite troublesome.

Thank you.

did you read the notes on the download page and in the docs carefully? specifically the notes with all the stars around them?

hello.. i recently installed this contrib but I am having some serious trouble with it.... the only thing I can seem to do is download a csv containing my products... My store is not located in the catalog file, it is in my root directory. I tried to follow the steps in easypopulate.php, but these directions are not really case specific so I'm not sure what it is exactly that I am doing wrong.

1) I have the following error message in my admin -> catalog area:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOGimages/

2) All of the current products in the catalog are reported as 'IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST' despite the fact that the image link appears in the info

3) Here are my settings:

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.81-community

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOGtemp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Here is my admin/includes/configure.php file:

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.website.com');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.website.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.website.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', true);
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/website/public_html/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/website/public_html/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_IMAGES', 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
 define('EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'temp/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*****');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '***');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'secret');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

Edited by Jan Zonjee

hello.. i recently installed this contrib but I am having some serious trouble with it.... the only thing I can seem to do is download a csv containing my products... My store is not located in the catalog file, it is in my root directory. I tried to follow the steps in easypopulate.php, but these directions are not really case specific so I'm not sure what it is exactly that I am doing wrong.

1) I have the following error message in my admin -> catalog area:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOGimages/

2) All of the current products in the catalog are reported as 'IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST' despite the fact that the image link appears in the info

update these in your config:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_FS_IMAGES', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . 'images/');

DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT and DIR_WS_CATALOG are "coinstants" and should not appear in quotes.

products_attributes

products_options

products_options_values

Thank you very much for your help, it's working fine now! Great support!

I think you should be asking the shop's developer about the problems. It would be easier to diagnose with access to the code. They should be able to handle it if your money was well spent :)
Hi Todd

... Negative

Although he is well known and has an excellent name within this "community" he is a REAL PRO ... he wouldn't give a damn to answer. Maybe I just need to send this PRO another 400 dollars to answer a question. But for that money I get much better stuff that an infected, over-bugged osCommerce store. Good way of making money (although a very short walk)

Ahh - I guess I'm a bit stuck here, run in a cul de sac with osCommerce.

Appreciate your time though, thank you.

Hi Todd

... Negative

Although he is well known and has an excellent name within this "community" he is a REAL PRO ... he wouldn't give a damn to answer. Maybe I just need to send this PRO another 400 dollars to answer a question. But for that money I get much better stuff that an infected, over-bugged osCommerce store. Good way of making money (although a very short walk)

Ahh - I guess I'm a bit stuck here, run in a cul de sac with osCommerce.

Appreciate your time though, thank you.

I'd say you use the word pro a bit more liberally then I. As it stands for professional, it doesn't sound like he acts the part.

but I'd repeat: You would have to ask your pro whether there was any changes specific to your installation. If not, you should be able to overwrite the EP you have with the latest. But again, probably not the issue unless the pro changed some things.

so, as an experiment, if you were to import only one product at a time using EP, do all imports beyond the first fail? how long do you have to wait until it works again? Although I have no reason to disbelieve what you say, I just can't believe this kind of thing would happen.

I'm betting it's a problem with second file I haven't seen. Have you tried clearing the attributes tables and creating a product by the attributes manager, then exporting to check for any differences with your import files?

i have cleared the attributes tables. Made some attributes manually, exported a CSV file and imported it in excel.

It has exact the same structure as the files i tried to upload.

Just don't know anymore how to solve this problem. I have deleted 1 product group, now i only work with 1 product group whom can handle Attributes.

I think the way the attributes module i build this can't work well with easy populate. There is no connection between products and the different attributes. When i make an export of any product all the attributes are put into the CSV file, while not all products have the same attributes.

I hope there will be an module to fix this problem in the future. A EP vershop with can handle product attributes the right way.

i have cleared the attributes tables. Made some attributes manually, exported a CSV file and imported it in excel.

It has exact the same structure as the files i tried to upload.

Just don't know anymore how to solve this problem. I have deleted 1 product group, now i only work with 1 product group whom can handle Attributes.

I think the way the attributes module i build this can't work well with easy populate. There is no connection between products and the different attributes. When i make an export of any product all the attributes are put into the CSV file, while not all products have the same attributes.

I hope there will be an module to fix this problem in the future. A EP vershop with can handle product attributes the right way.

Works fine for me. yes, all attributes appear for all products. there is no way to create a column for one product, but not for another. If you figure out how to do that, let me know.

what links one attribute to a product is a non-blank option value price, that is, 0 or more price adjustment. It is how it works. If you can't cope with that, write a better script for us! ;)

I'd say you use the word pro a bit more liberally then I. As it stands for professional, it doesn't sound like he acts the part.

but I'd repeat: You would have to ask your pro whether there was any changes specific to your installation. If not, you should be able to overwrite the EP you have with the latest. But again, probably not the issue unless the pro changed some things.

so, as an experiment, if you were to import only one product at a time using EP, do all imports beyond the first fail? how long do you have to wait until it works again? Although I have no reason to disbelieve what you say, I just can't believe this kind of thing would happen.

Hello Todd.

Nop, there is absolute silence and all the lights are switched off at his end... Bubbles fly a shot distance, right. I forgot about his existence, already.

Before I follow your suggestion in your last paragraph, I'm thinking about just to do a total backup and then try to override with your version and see what happens. What you think about that?

Would you be able to point me to the download version I'd need for that and pass me some instruction on how to proceed with the override installation?

Thank you

Hello Todd.

Nop, there is absolute silence and all the lights are switched off at his end... Bubbles fly a shot distance, right. I forgot about his existence, already.

Before I follow your suggestion in your last paragraph, I'm thinking about just to do a total backup and then try to override with your version and see what happens. What you think about that?

Would you be able to point me to the download version I'd need for that and pass me some instruction on how to proceed with the override installation?

Thank you

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

download the latest version I upped. 2.76i

the only thing you need to do is replace 2 files in the admin folder.

I would be curious how importing those 18 products one by one goes. Maybe there is just one in the second batch that is mucking up the whole thing.

Hi everyone

I used easypopulate 2.75i and i got this error Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/....../public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 465

anyone pls tell how to fix this error? thanks

not enough information to determine a cause. if you really meant v2.76i, I would suggest looking at the docs, giving it a thorough read, then when you get the the bottom (the support section), give the "how to ask for help" info a thorough read.

Quick question:

I did not read a lot, but just set up Easy Populate a couple days ago. IT seems it is set up correctly as it works.

Question is:

When I download my whole category, some optional attributes that only some products have appear for all products in the csv file. Is this some problem on my end, or it something that the default code does (without the code in first post on this topic)?