• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Great reply Johnny, I was looking for that info too.

I have a question for you related to this topic:

I have an older extra images contribution installed in my oscommerce store. The contribution can be found here (Extra Images - v 1.6.1). When I prepare an excel spreadsheet with thousands of products to upload into easy populate (as a csv), there is no field (column) to add the extra images (up to 4 images per product) into. So, after I upload a large database of products, I must go through each product in the oscommerce admin panel and add each individual extra image separately.

In the database the extra images are stored in a separate table (not in the same table as products_price) with the product ID (like products_description is stored). Because of this, I don't think the above strategy will work for me.

I was wondering if there is any way to add 4 fields into my csv files where I can give extra images for each product before I upload it all into easy populate.

Thanks,

David

Hi David, I havent tried, but as there is the more pics solution already in the file, you should be able to take this section and modify it for your extra images.

You will need to make sure that every reference to the more pics is changed to the extra images contribution, this should mean that if there only four fields you may have to delete some information that relates to the images for more pics.

You would have to change the tables so that they cal the correct table, which I think would be TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGE rather than the products table.

remember to make a back up first.

This is how I would start to look at the project, but can't say if it would or would not work, but it should at least guide you in the right sort of direction.

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi,

I was wondering if something could suggest something I have done wrong or maybe need to change to get my shopping cart updated. I'm hoping it's a really simple fix that I just haven't noticed??

It's working fine but I can't update any existing products or create new ones using Easy Populate.

I keep getting this error:

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpjqERDn

User filename: julyupdate.csv

Size: 2028366

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 29 bytes) in /usr/home//www/htdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1069

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.7m

DB: MySQL 4.1.22

PHP: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/usr/home/artyp1/www/htdocs/shop/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: true

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated :)

I have a quick question to a problem I am having. I have installed oscommerce, well actually it is creloaded 6.2 and it comes with easy populate 3.01, but looking in the contributions section, easy populate is only at version 2.76, so how do I have 3.01?

Now the problem I am having is, in previous versions of easy populate (2.75) When I exported either with basic or advanced, it would give me attributes in the same file, but now with 3.01 I have to upload the attributes as a separate file, I have to click on data manager > easy populate advance > options export

I tried putting the attributes in the same file as the products information, and it gives me and error

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_name' in 'field list'

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id = '1'

TEP STOP

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thank you very much

My Question:

I have an online oscommerce store with easy populate installed. I also have another contrib that allows me to give MSRPs for each product (found here). When I prepare an excel spreadsheet with thousands of products to upload into easy populate (as a csv), there is no field (column) to add the MSRPs into. So, after I upload a large database of products, I must go through each product in the oscommerce admin panel and add each individual MSRP separately. I was wondering if there is any way to add another field into my csv files where I can give the MSRP for each product before I upload it all into easy populate.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Well, you don't need to go to the great length that Johnny did. There is a setting already built into the EP setup of versions 2.76f & 2.76h that will do that for you with a few changes. See the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file and read the docs through at least once and you will save yourself a lot of time. The MSRP I would assume is one extra field for the products table. Just add that (as directed in the settings) to the products table additional fields of the easypopulate settings.

Edited by surfalot

Be aware Matt the file is only partially provided as the whole file was too large to post.

so you can either replace the whole sction and remove the products_trade.

Or you can use the post to look up the sections of the code, I worked this out by looking for the products_price and basically copying it and replacing the duplicate with msrp. I have tested this out on three stores so I would say its reliable, but back up the easypopulate file just in case.

Note the msrp was not added anywhere else, as its not needed for the froogle(googlebase etc).

Hope this helps

Johnny

WAAAAYYYYY overkill here Johnny, you can add fields for the products and products_description tables in the settings I provided in the latest couple versions of EP. I think you need to read the docs and go through the settings of EP once more as the end of the install directsion begged you to do.

Hi,

I was wondering if something could suggest something I have done wrong or maybe need to change to get my shopping cart updated. I'm hoping it's a really simple fix that I just haven't noticed??

It's working fine but I can't update any existing products or create new ones using Easy Populate.

I keep getting this error:

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpjqERDn

User filename: julyupdate.csv

Size: 2028366

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 29 bytes) in /usr/home//www/htdocs/shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1069

download the latest version of EP from me. v2.76h has the info you need to correct that in the extended install directions. You will need to create or make changes to your php.ini file if you are using a linux host. The docs should have all you need. If you need help with the php.ini settings talk with your host about it.

Hi David, I havent tried, but as there is the more pics solution already in the file, you should be able to take this section and modify it for your extra images.

You will need to make sure that every reference to the more pics is changed to the extra images contribution, this should mean that if there only four fields you may have to delete some information that relates to the images for more pics.

You would have to change the tables so that they cal the correct table, which I think would be TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGE rather than the products table.

remember to make a back up first.

This is how I would start to look at the project, but can't say if it would or would not work, but it should at least guide you in the right sort of direction.

Johnny

Unfortunately the more pics code won't help. More pics uses the products table with 12 extra fields added to the products table. Following that advice won't produce the result you need since the Extra Images uses a different table to facilitate the image name storage. The more pics addition can be done easily using existing loops in the code. Making the changes for Extra Images will require a completely separate set of loops and code. Two completely different methods to adding additional images.

download the latest version of EP from me. v2.76h has the info you need to correct that in the extended install directions. You will need to create or make changes to your php.ini file if you are using a linux host. The docs should have all you need. If you need help with the php.ini settings talk with your host about it.

Thanks I contacted my host and created a php.ini file and made necessary changes so that it didn't time out.

The instructions included in the package were fantastic!

Now I have another problem!

When I upload my file (or split my file and upload my section), it comes up with a blank page.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere, someone else had the same issue but I can't seem to find it now.

Thankyou in advance

Jodie

Thanks I contacted my host and created a php.ini file and made necessary changes so that it didn't time out.

The instructions included in the package were fantastic!

Now I have another problem!

When I upload my file (or split my file and upload my section), it comes up with a blank page.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere, someone else had the same issue but I can't seem to find it now.

Thankyou in advance

Jodie

keep looking through the settings in that very same section about php.ini. a blank page is the most common indicator that one of those is restricting the normal function of EP. I'm thinking maybe file upload limit (since your file is 2Mb)

IF you ftp upload the file to the temp folder and try the import from the temp folder and you see something different, upload limit is the one.

maybe try to increase the memory limit (your first problem) even more then you have already.

With a 2+Mb import file you are going to run into many of your host's default limits.

Well, you don't need to go to the great length that Johnny did. There is a setting already built into the EP setup of versions 2.76f & 2.76h that will do that for you with a few changes. See the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file and read the docs through at least once and you will save yourself a lot of time. The MSRP I would assume is one extra field for the products table. Just add that (as directed in the settings) to the products table additional fields of the easypopulate settings.

Hi Todd,

okay so it took a few moments for me to get that to work the way i did it, around 5-10 minutes with test downloads and uploads for three site variations I have.

I tried to follow the instructions that were provided and for some reason, maybe because I am STUPID I didnt understand them enough so went back to the principal of the like for like code and convert so looked for the product_price in the table and applied johnny logica if you like.

the post I made just gave a complete section of code that had the changes in it, about 5 or six actual changes. It wopuld be nice if you could explain on this forum how it should have been done step by step?

The other reason I did the changes the way I did is I wanted the fields in a certain order, however again not sure from the instructions if I could have achieved what I wanted.

As you rightly say the the msrp is one field in the MSRP from the products table, as was the products trade price that I had added. I wanted by easypop file to download trade, price, msrp as thats buying, selling and rrp prices.

I did use sppc and switch it on for the stores that needed it.

Please except my apologies if it sounds like I am narked at you post, I found it it an attack on an attempt to help someone trying to help out with a solution that does actually work and has been tried by someone else now apparently.

It would be far better if you explained the best way, If you will spare the time to explain it on this forum I will go back and try, at least then I can understand how I would approach similar issues in the Future.

Great contribution all being said.

Unfortunately the more pics code won't help. More pics uses the products table with 12 extra fields added to the products table. Following that advice won't produce the result you need since the Extra Images uses a different table to facilitate the image name storage. The more pics addition can be done easily using existing loops in the code. Making the changes for Extra Images will require a completely separate set of loops and code. Two completely different methods to adding additional images.

Thanks for letting us know it wouldn't work, however I did point out the seperate tables issue and only gave it as a starting point and I wasn't sure it would work.

If I ever get the time I will have a look at this, but it wont be any time soon as I have other things to do.

How would you approach this?

Johnny

Can no one help me with this? Please

Should I just reinstall the latest version of this contribution, will that cause any problems?

Thanks

I have a quick question to a problem I am having. I have installed oscommerce, well actually it is creloaded 6.2 and it comes with easy populate 3.01, but looking in the contributions section, easy populate is only at version 2.76, so how do I have 3.01?

Now the problem I am having is, in previous versions of easy populate (2.75) When I exported either with basic or advanced, it would give me attributes in the same file, but now with 3.01 I have to upload the attributes as a separate file, I have to click on data manager > easy populate advance > options export

I tried putting the attributes in the same file as the products information, and it gives me and error

select products_options_name from products_options where products_options_id = '1'

TEP STOP

WAAAAYYYYY overkill here Johnny, you can add fields for the products and products_description tables in the settings I provided in the latest couple versions of EP.
I think you need to read the docs and go through the settings of EP once more as the end of the install directsion begged you to do.

Todd, as i have posted many times I dont get the instructions, or at least not the ones I have seen, I guess I am the only one that doesnt get them/ cant find what i am looking for?

I will have to keep saying,

I think you need to read the docs and go through the settings of EP once more as the end of the install directsion begged you to do.
, is all well and good, but if you cant find them or indeed if you have found them, and dont understand reading them 1,000,000,000,000+ times is not going to help at all.

If you want us to learn and not post

overkill
solutions, then provide us with something on this forum to try and help us understand what your instructions are getting at.

I have appreciated your support and its has been extremly valuable aid, so I hope I am getting my message across without offending you.

Thanks

Johnny

no personal attack, I'm sure you're not stupid if you achieved what you have in this code. But the fact remains you did waaaaayyyy too much work. If you'd come here after you completed reading the docs and settings, I may have been able to be more clear before you embarked on all that work. It's perfectly fine if you want to jump in and offer your work to help others. But don't be offended if someone that knows the code better jumps in with something easier. learn and move on.

Here you go, straight from the settings of easypopulate.php, if you think this needs more explanation, please point out where you would like clarification. Maybe you skimmed past it or didn't read it right.

you can change the UPC in the example with the MSRP if you like. 30 seconds of typing and you're all done. Please tell me you didn't completely miss this when you read through the settings. :o

// The following setup will allow you to define any additional

// field into the "products" and "products_description" tables

// in your shop. If you have installed a custom contribution

// that adds fields to these tables you may simply and easily add

// them to the EasyPopulate system.

//

// ********************

// ** products table **

// Lets say you have added a field to your "products" table called

// "products_upc". The header name in your import file will be

// called "v_products_upc". Then below you will change the line

// that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// TO:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );

//

// If you have multiple fields this is what it would look like:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC', 'products_restock_quantity' => 'Restock' );

//

// ********************************

// ** products_description table **

// Lets say you have added a field to your "products_description" table called

// "products_short_description". The header name in your import file will be

// called "v_products_short_description_1" for English, "v_products_short_description_2" for German,

// "v_products_short_description_3" for Spanish. Other languages will vary. Be sure to use the

// langugage ID of the custom language you installed if it is other then the original

// 3 installed languages of osCommerce. If you are unsure what language ID you need to

// use, do a complete export and examine the file headers EasyPopulate produces.

//

// Then below you will change the line that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// TO:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_short_description' => 'short' );

//

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_short_description' => 'short', 'products_viewed' => 'Viewed' );

//

// the array format is: array( 'table_field_name' => 'Familiar Name' )

// the array key ('table_field_name') is always the exact name of the

// field in the table. The array value ('Familiar Name') is any text

// name that will be used in the custom EP export download checkbox.

//

// I believe this will only work for text/varchar and numeric field

// types. If your custom field is a date/time or any other type, you

// may need to incorporate custom code to correctly import your data.

//

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// FINAL NOTE: this currently only works with the "products" & "products_description" table.

// If it works well and I don't get a plethora of problems reported,

// I may expand it to more tables. Feel free to make requests, but

// as always, only as me free time allows.

//

// ******************************************************************

// END Define Custom Fields for your products database

TEP STOP

sorry if I missed this post before. there was a 3.01 version, but it was removed here because of problems and violations. The latest, most fixed, is v.2.76h.

you would have to find the forum that supported that version of EP. I haven't seen anyone here supporting that version.

I dont really want to use that version, I would like to use the most updated (2.76h) but wondering if downgrading would pose any problems, there are no real downgrade instructions.

Thanks

it shouldn't pose any problems. But I won't be able to tell you if that version has any special creloaded code in it or not. If that version is the one I'm thinking of, there is no downgrade. The person grabbed up my latest and added a couple small unimportant bits of code and a HTML docs with some affiliate links in it, then called it 3.01 for some unknown reason. v2.76h has those docs with improvements.

If you want us to learn and not post overkill solutions, then provide us with something on this forum to try and help us understand what your instructions are getting at.

I have appreciated your support and its has been extremly valuable aid, so I hope I am getting my message across without offending you.

I'm not running a class here. :D In the spirit of oscommerce community, I'm giving back in the form of advice and supporting the code I contributed. Your learning is your business and your time. Any knowledge you can gleen from my code and advice is a bonus!

You are more then welcome to say my code and docs are crap. It won't offend me, I'll just tell you to do better! :P beside what was just posted, what else can I clarify for you?

keep looking through the settings in that very same section about php.ini. a blank page is the most common indicator that one of those is restricting the normal function of EP. I'm thinking maybe file upload limit (since your file is 2Mb)

IF you ftp upload the file to the temp folder and try the import from the temp folder and you see something different, upload limit is the one.

maybe try to increase the memory limit (your first problem) even more then you have already.

With a 2+Mb import file you are going to run into many of your host's default limits.

Well it seems I was just overthinking things!

I made more changes and it still wouldn't work and it was doing my head in!

I decided to do something I should of done in the first place... reopen my file and make sure it was all right.

I had a piece of jibberish down the bottom of the spreadsheet. How it got there I'm sure but I deleted it and I then had no problems!

(Wish I had worked that out about 6 or 7 hours ago!)

Well it seems I was just overthinking things!

I made more changes and it still wouldn't work and it was doing my head in!

I decided to do something I should of done in the first place... reopen my file and make sure it was all right.

I had a piece of jibberish down the bottom of the spreadsheet. How it got there I'm sure but I deleted it and I then had no problems!

(Wish I had worked that out about 6 or 7 hours ago!)

yup, improperly formatted data file is a biggie. And that's why, boys and girls, the "how to ask for help" section of the docs recommends you post a link to the data with your request for help. :D

no personal attack, I'm sure you're not stupid if you achieved what you have in this code. But the fact remains you did waaaaayyyy too much work. If you'd come here after you completed reading the docs and settings, I may have been able to be more clear before you embarked on all that work. It's perfectly fine if you want to jump in and offer your work to help others. But don't be offended if someone that knows the code better jumps in with something easier. learn and move on.

Here you go, straight from the settings of easypopulate.php, if you think this needs more explanation, please point out where you would like clarification. Maybe you skimmed past it or didn't read it right.

you can change the UPC in the example with the MSRP if you like. 30 seconds of typing and you're all done. Please tell me you didn't completely miss this when you read through the settings. :o

// The following setup will allow you to define any additional

// field into the "products" and "products_description" tables

// in your shop. If you have installed a custom contribution

// that adds fields to these tables you may simply and easily add

// them to the EasyPopulate system.

//

// ********************

// ** products table **

// Lets say you have added a field to your "products" table called

// "products_upc". The header name in your import file will be

// called "v_products_upc". Then below you will change the line

// that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// TO:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC' );

//

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_upc' => 'UPC', 'products_restock_quantity' => 'Restock' );

//

// ********************************

// ** products_description table **

// Lets say you have added a field to your "products_description" table called

// "products_short_description". The header name in your import file will be

// called "v_products_short_description_1" for English, "v_products_short_description_2" for German,

// "v_products_short_description_3" for Spanish. Other languages will vary. Be sure to use the

// langugage ID of the custom language you installed if it is other then the original

// 3 installed languages of osCommerce. If you are unsure what language ID you need to

// use, do a complete export and examine the file headers EasyPopulate produces.

//

// Then below you will change the line that looks like this (without the comment double-slash at the beginning):

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// TO:

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_short_description' => 'short' );

//

// $custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_short_description' => 'short', 'products_viewed' => 'Viewed' );

//

// the array format is: array( 'table_field_name' => 'Familiar Name' )

// the array key ('table_field_name') is always the exact name of the

// field in the table. The array value ('Familiar Name') is any text

// name that will be used in the custom EP export download checkbox.

//

// I believe this will only work for text/varchar and numeric field

// types. If your custom field is a date/time or any other type, you

// may need to incorporate custom code to correctly import your data.

//

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array(); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

//

// FINAL NOTE: this currently only works with the "products" & "products_description" table.

// If it works well and I don't get a plethora of problems reported,

// I may expand it to more tables. Feel free to make requests, but

// as always, only as me free time allows.

//

// END Define Custom Fields for your products database

Hi Todd,

now I see what you mean be wayyyyyyyyyyy over kill, yes believe it or not I missed all that and now I now why I missed it out.

In my moment of insanity, I will say in my defence, I may have been confusing extra field contribution (ie product_msrp is an extra field albiet in the products table) and I was not thinking to look for the simplified approach using the products table custom solution.

So basically for msrp mod I would have needed:-

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_msrp' => 'MSRP');

and for the mod I did for trade price and msrp

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_msrp' => 'MRSP', 'products_trade' => 'TRADE' );

these being placed as mentioned uncommented in that section of the code

this would have made it so I could download and upload the values but would it have placed them in the order:- trade, price, msrp ?

I am guessing without trying that it would at least put MRSP, TRADE in that order based on how I entered it above?

Now its a lot clearer and if I add any more fields to my products table I certainly will look at this custom solution first as it makes it an easier mod.

Like I said the over complicated bit is more not appreciating the difference between extra field and the customise products_table solution.

with respect to working out my other solution I had to make the assumption that the products price was in the same table as the msrp and trade price fields had been entered.

So in my mind, I had to at least provide a copy of those areas and change them to the correct fields, placing trade price before price then msrp. This is just so the order of prices made sense to me when looking at the spreadsheet. Again the order I assumed would be affected by the postion of the code relative to the products price, given how the other information was laid out. in the code and in the csv file.

So using psPad editor I looked up products_price, and duplicated the entries replacing the info relevant to msrp and trade.

I also had to take into account however that i didnt need these options in the froogle section of the code as i wouldnt be sending the information there.

Thanks for taking the time to explain and it certainly is quicker to do it your way, I assume I have got the code correct in this post on how it could/ should have been done for simplicity excusing any typos...lol

Thanks

Johnny

So basically for msrp mod I would have needed:-

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_msrp' => 'MSRP');

and for the mod I did for trade price and msrp

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array( 'products_msrp' => 'MRSP', 'products_trade' => 'TRADE' );

these being placed as mentioned uncommented in that section of the code

this would have made it so I could download and upload the values but would it have placed them in the order:- trade, price, msrp ?

I am guessing without trying that it would at least put MRSP, TRADE in that order based on how I entered it above?

that would be right, but don't uncomment the line, make the change in the line that is already uncommented near the bottom of the instructions. Otherwise as the processor reaches the second (empty) declaration of the array, it will reset it, and the code will act like you have set nothing.

In the section of custom fields for the products table, it should output them in the order of the array. For the rest of the code, you would need to do much more customizing to get a specific order to the output as I beleive we talked about many moons ago.

So in my mind, I had to at least provide a copy of those areas and change them to the correct fields, placing trade price before price then msrp. This is just so the order of prices made sense to me when looking at the spreadsheet. Again the order I assumed would be affected by the postion of the code relative to the products price, given how the other information was laid out. in the code and in the csv file.

Of course you can remove any hard coded portions of the products table support (like the original product price) and add it in the custom fields settings. This would allow you more control over the order of the output without having to juggle the code much more.

I was originally thinking about reorganizing all the EP code to be setup in simple arrays like this custom fields section. It would make is quite versital. But since osC v3 is moving forward, and it will have an import/export, doing much more work on this seems project seems a bit pointless.

Hi Todd,

that does help explain it all perfectly and I have no doubts it wont just help me, its all about learning curves and how an individual interprets what they have read.

OSC3 nearly ready then, starting to get off topic, I am very found of easy populate and certainly can see it being very useful for some time yet regardeless of new developments.

Thanks

Johnny

Hi, I will pay $20 paypal to anyone that will make my easypopulate work. At the moment, since I have creloaded 6.2, its running easypopulate 3.01 which exports the attributes as a separate file, and only allows you to upload the attributes as a separate file, so I need it working so that it will export and import all in one file

I really really need this badly. Thank you

Thanks

Wow, I just started adding this contribution and ran into a few glitches.

For 1. It did not like the code to add this to the Admin panel under Catalog, it would make all the other categories disappear in catalog. No biggie, no needed for now.

2. I did run the excel.php manually from the browser, it only lets me upload at this time, no way to Export.

and i get this line at the bottom

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/content/s/t/r/stroker398/html/catalog/admin/excel.php on line 489

I assume because i have not uploaded anything yet.

3. Since there are 392 pages I have not had a chance to read many of them yet and the instructions are average at best. I am wondering if I upload a single product does it just add to the current product (i.e. append it to the database) or do I need to export the current list and add to it? I do not want to wipe out the work that has been done.

4. Any recommendations as to which is the best version for multiple pictures?

Thanks, I will be out of town so I wanted to get this up so I can finish when I return.

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.