• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I am using Easy Populate 2.76h-MS2 (with attributes) surfalot 13 Feb 2009, works excellent out of the box with all functions.

What I am trying to do is make a cron job that exports the products automatically at certain intervals to a tab-separated file.

sounds to me like you need to brush up on your html forms. The custom export form uses the GET method which passes the parameters in the url. what you needed to do is dissect the form and build your url.

this will produce a file in the temp folder will only the active products:

easypopulate.php?download=tempfile&dltype=custom&epcust_status_filter=active

Additional Options you would add, each separated with an ampersand:

epcust_name=show

epcust_description=show

epcust_url=show

epcust_image=show

epcust_attributes=show

epcust_category=show

epcust_manufacturer=show

epcust_price=show

epcust_quantity=show

epcust_weight=show

epcust_tax_class=show

epcust_avail=show

epcust_date_added=show

epcust_status=show

if you need anything more (or less), you would have to hack the code.

I almost got it now! For anyone looking for a partial solution:

Find at line 1653: case 'full', and one some lines below comment out:

$filelayout['v_products_url_'.$lang['id']] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_products_weight'] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_date_avail'] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_date_added'] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_categories_image_' . $i] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_manufacturers_name'] = $iii++;

However, I am unsure how to only include the categories v_categories_name_1_1 and v_categories_name_2_1, and how to only include active products. Any solution?

that's an overkill, see why you need to brush up on html forms? (not to mention a little patience)

Edited by surfalot

that's an overkill, see why you need to brush up on html forms? (not to mention a little patience)

Thanks for the help surfalot, I guess I was half-way sleeping!  :blush:

One more question: How can I export only products that have 2 or more quantity? Would this require some modification in the code? If so, where?

I have a major problem. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I didnt find it.

I am uploading a product feed. This feed takes one ceartain product and makes multiple categories for it. 1 product in each category. I noticed the database category description had a var char of like 32 I think (the feed was 36). I increased that to 40 and solved the problem of getting multiple cats.

now I have a new problem. It says that there are 56 items in the category but when you go to the category it only shows one product.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help surfalot, I guess I was half-way sleeping! :blush:

One more question: How can I export only products that have 2 or more quantity? Would this require some modification in the code? If so, where?

you'll have to hack the code for that. look for "case 'category':"

just ABOVE that is the SQL that need to be hacked. Change the WHERE clause to this

WHERE
		p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND
		p.products_quantity > 2 AND
		ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

now I have a new problem. It says that there are 56 items in the category but when you go to the category it only shows one product.

sorry, that's not enough information. If you are using a version I uploaded, you'll find a section in the docs that describes how to ask for help. Most of the problems come from incorrectly formatted CSV file.

sorry, that's not enough information. If you are using a version I uploaded, you'll find a section in the docs that describes how to ask for help. Most of the problems come from incorrectly formatted CSV file.

Well I dont know what else information to give you other than what its doing. I can give you an example of the feed Im using.

Other than that Im not sure what to do. The feed is from an adult store so I dont wanna post it outright. I dont know if thats acceptable here or not.

Edited by wizzard308

Well I dont know what else information to give you other than what its doing. I can give you an example of the feed Im using.

Other than that Im not sure what to do. The feed is from an adult store so I dont wanna post it outright. I dont know if thats acceptable here or not.

if you read the how to ask for help section of the docs, you would know what else to post. :rolleyes:

you can pm me the link to the CSV.

Ok I think I fixed it. First off some of the problem was stupidity as I overlooked the fact that the other items were in a subcat. So I increased the subcat count to 10 instead of the default 7. That made my other products show up. So three problems down and back to testing.

I am building a shop for a client who uses easy populate to upload a csv to add products. They now want to put all the catalog on to a specials price so you see the cross out price on the product info page. But they have hundreds of products and are reluctant to add specials one by one to the admin area.

I have googled this but i was wondering if it's possible to add the specials price to the main upload feed of easy populate, sat next the normal price column???? I know it's in a different table, but if the product_id can be linked to specials price and expiary date that would be amazing!!

I am building a shop for a client who uses easy populate to upload a csv to add products. They now want to put all the catalog on to a specials price so you see the cross out price on the product info page. But they have hundreds of products and are reluctant to add specials one by one to the admin area.

I have googled this but i was wondering if it's possible to add the specials price to the main upload feed of easy populate, sat next the normal price column???? I know it's in a different table, but if the product_id can be linked to specials price and expiary date that would be amazing!!

You could always use this excellent contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5273

Can anyone help me fix my problem? Here it is in the quote below which I posted in another thread,

I ended up getting excel and it works now, but can anyone tell me why it isn't working? I tried one product as a test and it didn't go onto the site. BTW, how do I put images into easypopulate way of adding products?

Here is the error.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpNkXd4B' to '/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv' in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpNkXd4B
User filename: EZ Populate Test.csv
Size: 197426

Warning: file(/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1076

Warning: fopen(/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1101
##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

Anyone know the problem?

sounds to me like you need to brush up on your html forms. The custom export form uses the GET method which passes the parameters in the url. what you needed to do is dissect the form and build your url.

this will produce a file in the temp folder will only the active products:

easypopulate.php?download=tempfile&dltype=custom&epcust_status_filter=active

Additional Options you would add, each separated with an ampersand:

epcust_name=show

epcust_description=show

epcust_url=show

epcust_image=show

epcust_attributes=show

epcust_category=show

epcust_manufacturer=show

epcust_price=show

epcust_quantity=show

epcust_weight=show

epcust_tax_class=show

epcust_avail=show

epcust_date_added=show

epcust_status=show

if you need anything more (or less), you would have to hack the code.

Hi

Is it possible to run a cron job to import a csv file from the temp directory on an rc2a instalation that has user name and password access protection but no .htaccess file?

Thanks

FF

Is it possible to run a cron job to import a csv file from the temp directory on an rc2a instalation that has user name and password access protection but no .htaccess file?

that form uses a post method. It won't work that way unfortunately.

Hi

Thanks

FF

I am using version 2.76h, with 2.2 rc2

I am using version 2.76h, with 2.2 rc2

you will find a section in the docs call how to ask for help. There you will find a link to this thread and all the information I would like to see before I can help.

you will find a section in the docs call how to ask for help. There you will find a link to this thread and all the information I would like to see before I can help.

1.EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

DB: MySQL 5.1.30

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/aj23/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

2. Windows vista Ultimate 64bit. Excel.

3. Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpySTBn3' to '/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv' in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 44

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpySTBn3

User filename: EZ Populate Test.csv

Size: 197426

Warning: file(/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1076

Warning: fopen(/home/aj23/public_html/temp/EZ Populate Test.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aj23/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1101

##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.

4. I can provide a download link to the upload file if needed, but I'd prefer not to put it up on my site to be public.

Temp Directory:

/home/aj23/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is NOT Writable

All initial indications lead me to believe you have not performed all the installation steps listed in the docs. You should take another look at those installation steps. If there is a step there you don't understand please ask about that specific issue.

All initial indications lead me to believe you have not performed all the installation steps listed in the docs. You should take another look at those installation steps. If there is a step there you don't understand please ask about that specific issue.

Oh, I got it working. I had catalog/temp set up with the right permissions (since that is what it said,) but it should just be temp. Anyways it works now. How can I add pictures through easy populate though?

EDIT:Actually the product comes up, but none of the info I put in shows up on the product page. Actually I don't think I put the data in the right way. Is there a sample model I can look at to see how to put in all my data?

Thanks

Edited by aj23

Oh, I got it working. I had catalog/temp set up with the right permissions (since that is what it said,) but it should just be temp. Anyways it works now. How can I add pictures through easy populate though?

EDIT:Actually the product comes up, but none of the info I put in shows up on the product page. Actually I don't think I put the data in the right way. Is there a sample model I can look at to see how to put in all my data?

Thanks

Have you seen the example file included in the easy populate package? Or looked at the "How to use Easy Populate" section of the docs that walks you through creating your own sample file to reference? Or the "EasyPopulate File Format" and "Description of Column Headers" sections of the docs that describes the format of the file?

the images go in the catalog/images/ folder the same as with the standard shop's product edit page.

you'll have to hack the code for that. look for "case 'category':"

just ABOVE that is the SQL that need to be hacked. Change the WHERE clause to this

WHERE
            p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND
            p.products_quantity > 2 AND
            ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Thanks again. I think I found another weird issue. When I try to export using the following url, it exports only inactive products. Any idea why?

easypopulate.php?download=tempfile&dltype=custom&epcust_status_filter=active&epcust_name=show&epcust_description=show&epcust_image=show&epcust_category=show&epcust_price=show&epcust_quantity=show&epcust_status=show