• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

nothing is wrong, it just wasn't designed to do that.

this change might help.

if (EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES == true && $v_products_quantity == 0) {
			// if they said that zero qty products should be deactivated, let's deactivate if the qty is zero
			$v_db_status = '0';
		}

to

// if they said that zero qty products should be deactivated, let's deactivate if the qty is zero
			$v_db_status = '0';
		} elseif (EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES == true && $v_products_quantity > 0) {
			$v_db_status = '1';
		}

nothing is wrong, it just wasn't designed to do that.

this change might help.

$v_db_status = '0';
		}

to

$v_db_status = '0';
		} elseif (EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES == true && $v_products_quantity > 0) {
			$v_db_status = '1';
		}

Thank you very much, now it's work fine.

hi

I am very new to OSC and have been reading through this thread.

forgive me if its been answered correctly, but i have tried searching and acting on what i found

I got a "No products_model field in record." error, when trying to upload excel file (in txt format)

One answer suggests there's no field called "products_model"

so i renamed the first field of my table to "products_model"

Yet i still have no luck

any other ideas? thanks so much

hi

I am very new to OSC and have been reading through this thread.

forgive me if its been answered correctly, but i have tried searching and acting on what i found

I got a "No products_model field in record." error, when trying to upload excel file (in txt format)

One answer suggests there's no field called "products_model"

so i renamed the first field of my table to "products_model"

Yet i still have no luck

any other ideas? thanks so much

first, restore the table to the original naming. It wasn't talking about the database table there. But there should be a field in the "products" table called "products_model".

The error meant that you don't have a column in your import file named v_products_model. If you post link to your import file I may be able to help sort it out. upload the file to you web host, and post a link to it here like this: http://mysite.com/data_file.csv.

There is a section in the docs that describes what each column should be named. The v_products_model field is the only one that is required.

first, restore the table to the original naming. It wasn't talking about the database table there. But there should be a field in the "products" table called "products_model".

The error meant that you don't have a column in your import file named v_products_model. If you post link to your import file I may be able to help sort it out. upload the file to you web host, and post a link to it here like this: http://mysite.com/data_file.csv.

There is a section in the docs that describes what each column should be named. The v_products_model field is the only one that is required.

Hi thanks so much for replying

I read your reply, and not sure if i fully understood,

I have uploaded my file (a txt file)

http://tinyurl.com/q6xk9r

if you can take a quick look and explain what i am doing wrong, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much

you should make sure you downloaded and installed version 2.76h

There is a section in the docs that describes what each column should be named. You will need to find this, read up about the column header row that needs to be at the top of your text file.

You might find it easier to import the text into excel, then you can see the columns clearly. The top row needs to have all the column header names that easy populate recognizes. The model numbers in your text file need to be unique. And the column header, first row, first column need to be "v_products_model" (no quotes).

then save as... DOS CSV file from excel.

read though the documentation once or twice more.

hope that helps

2. Windows XP

3. no error messages

4. you can download the file at CSV File here

5. with a few products that i upload it removes the product name - there are about 19 items and they all seem to be ones that have 0's in front of them that then get removed in the csv script. the items are (without the 0's)

i also have a problem with my tax rate not being added on in the checkout, is that more likely to be an oscommerce problem or something to do with easy populate as i saw something about checking EP_PRICE_WITH_TAX but not sure where to find it or if that has anything to do with it?

thanks for any help

Dan

you should make sure you downloaded and installed version 2.76h

There is a section in the docs that describes what each column should be named. You will need to find this, read up about the column header row that needs to be at the top of your text file.

You might find it easier to import the text into excel, then you can see the columns clearly. The top row needs to have all the column header names that easy populate recognizes. The model numbers in your text file need to be unique. And the column header, first row, first column need to be "v_products_model" (no quotes).

then save as... DOS CSV file from excel.

read though the documentation once or twice more.

hope that helps

thank you, that was big help! i downloaded the data from the sample file, and just pasted in my own data, and reuploaded it, obviously not well formatted now, but the basic idea works!!

2. Windows XP

3. no error messages

4. you can download the file at CSV File here

5. with a few products that i upload it removes the product name - there are about 19 items and they all seem to be ones that have 0's in front of them that then get removed in the csv script. the items are (without the 0's)

Item #1 would have the EP version and settings that are important in understanding what is happening.

I don't see any items in your file that have leading zeros. But if you are showing me what happens instead of the original, I'd rather see the original. You will loose the leading zeros by using the default open in excel (not a problem with EP). If that is what you did, if you have leading zeros in any numbers, you must import the CSV from excel's import tool and specify the field (column) as text.

and a point of semantics, the CSV file is not a script, it's data. EP is a script.

Edited by surfalot

Hi there,

Just installed this contribution and I downloaded the complete .csv file from the quick link (on admin) and found that not all my products got downloaded. I have 77 rows (77 products) but only 69 got downloaded. When I selected "Download Model/Price/Qty .csv file to edit" then it would download the whole list of products.

I played around with the php.ini and changed the settings there (such as maximum_memory etc) but that doesn't appear to do anything.

Any ideas as to what's happening here?

Thanks in advance.

My guess is that you have some products that are not in categories, that is, residing in the root of the shop's catalog. is that true?

You're absolutely right! Thanks so much for this :)

Hello again. I've run into another problem and it seems someone else had the same issue:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=281055

Seeing that the post was on page 3 of the thread and was posted 5 years ago and there didn't seem to be an answer (though there might be a hundred pages later :P), I thought I'd ask here if anyone could help with this issue.

So I've manged to download the file to show all the products. My initial products table does not have products_model (ie NULL). So I thought before I made further changes or added new products, I wanted to populate the existing products with products model number.

After editing the file (adding the model numbers), I uploaded the file back into the database and I selected "Update Only" then clicked on the button "Insert into db". Then nothing happened. It had the message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpmxywKh

User filename: EP2009May31-0404.csv

Size: 53092

But that was it. I checked my products table and it stayed the same (products_model was still NULL).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don't worry about it, I think you have to have the model numbers to begin with, so I just manually updated all my products by adding product model numbers on each and now the table updates properly.

Thanks anyway :)

"the main" is really subjective, but have you looked at any of the last 3 versions I posted?

Hi Todd,

Did you reply to my question that was: "Is there a version that solves the main issue regarding Multi-language category support?? " If yes, then thank you very much !

pls, I will explain..

First, I use Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2

$Id: easypopulate.php,v 2.76d 2006/10/16 22:50:52 surfalot Exp $

I always preffered to choose to install your contributions.. ;-)

I know that your version supports Multi languages and it is possible to upload products and categories. BUT there was an issue when you where switching languages while you where in a specific "product info" page, you didn't get the same parallel "product info" page on the other language.. you had to upload first on your choosen language then to open categories and products descriptions and copy then one by one, to be able todo what I mentioned above..

Hope you understand what I mean, because it is difficult for me to explain, but PHP programmers will understand the meaning quite easy.. )

Hope to get your reply soon, because I have a lot of products and categories to upload (multi lang.) , and it will really make my life much much easier !!

Thanks for your attention,

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

I can't seem to get past an issue with Easy Populate EP_v2_76h_MS2. I'm using OSC 2.2 RC2a, and I have followed the documentation to the letter.

I don't need to change very much in the configuration, in fact, I've only changed the number of Subcategories. The problem I have is that I keep getting a CGI Error when I try to use the Easy Populate link in my admin area.

I get the blank white page with the following in black text:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I have seen this before in other apps, and I can't remember what the fix might be. It can't be timing out, since it comes up right away. I've searched forums for this, and after two days and unmeasureable uninstalls and reinstalls, I can't get past this.

I would really appreciate anything anyone can suggest.

I'm on a windows (remote) server, and use FileZilla for my FTPs. I have PHP 4.4.9, and in my setup, the only item with the X is the OpenSSL. Everything, including the database is working fine, and I can manually add items, but there are a lot of attributes, and a fairly large product list (probably a couple of hundred), so I really would like to make my life easier by using Easy Populate. But at this rate, it's not so easy...

I would appreciate any help or any suggestions.

Thanks

rob

Hi Todd,

Did you reply to my question that was: "Is there a version that solves the main issue regarding Multi-language category support?? " If yes, then thank you very much !

yes, that was directed at you. If you are looking for multi language categories, you should take a look at the last couple versions from me that are v2.76g & h.

I can't seem to get past an issue with Easy Populate EP_v2_76h_MS2. I'm using OSC 2.2 RC2a, and I have followed the documentation to the letter.

I don't need to change very much in the configuration, in fact, I've only changed the number of Subcategories. The problem I have is that I keep getting a CGI Error when I try to use the Easy Populate link in my admin area.

I get the blank white page with the following in black text:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I have seen this before in other apps, and I can't remember what the fix might be. It can't be timing out, since it comes up right away. I've searched forums for this, and after two days and unmeasureable uninstalls and reinstalls, I can't get past this.

might look at this: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=25863

yes, that was directed at you. If you are looking for multi language categories, you should take a look at the last couple versions from me that are v2.76g & h.

Thanks Todd for your reply !

Sure I will install your v2.76h version !

Thanks and great day !

Nathali

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi,

I downloaded the EP EP_v2_76h_MS2, working fine, but got one problem, which is product URL's get blanked out,

How to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------

P.s. my setting:

ettings & Info

EP vers: 2.76h-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.67-community-log

PHP: 5.2.4 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/off48921/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Dansino

Got a question related to the export function:

I am using Easy Populate 2.76h-MS2 (with attributes) surfalot 13 Feb 2009, works excellent out of the box with all functions.

What I am trying to do is make a cron job that exports the products automatically at certain intervals to a tab-separated file.

I don't think "Export EP or Froogle Products File" can do this, as the information is passed through a form, but "Create Complete .txt file in temp dir" can be run from cron because it passes it through an URL.

Here's my problem though: I don't want all fields included, so does anyone know where in easypopulate.php I can modify this?

The fields I would like to use is only:

v_products_model

v_products_name_1

v_products_description_1

v_products_image

v_products_price

v_products_quantity

v_categories_name_1_1

v_categories_name_2_1

v_status (only Active products)

I downloaded the EP EP_v2_76h_MS2, working fine, but got one problem, which is product URL's get blanked out,

How to resolve this problem?

not enough info to reproduce.

I almost got it now! For anyone looking for a partial solution:

Find at line 1653: case 'full', and one some lines below comment out:

$filelayout['v_products_url_'.$lang['id']] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_products_weight'] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_date_avail'] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_date_added'] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_categories_image_' . $i] = $iii++;

$filelayout['v_manufacturers_name'] = $iii++;

However, I am unsure how to only include the categories v_categories_name_1_1 and v_categories_name_2_1, and how to only include active products. Any solution?