• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi everybody!

I'm bothering you now, because i have a problem!

My EP is not splitting my files!!!

I have just one big file, ca. 6.000 products, and when I do the "large store" procedure,

EP just splitt it into 1 file!: EP_spli1.csv,

And naturally it has the same size, and is the same fime, but renamed.

What can it be? What am I missing!?

TODD: I swear I read the doc's but can't find the solution this time!

Appreciate everybody's time!!!

Oscar

BTW: I have Easy Populate 2.76h-MS2 - Default Language : espanol(3)

did you see the troubleshooting tip in the docs about the splits not happening?

Are you using a Mac? Have you see the extra instructions about dealing with the Mac's end of line char?

if neither of those apply, then give me a look at your file and your settings. (I believe you read it, there is a lot of info there. You may have missed the "how to ask for help" section at the bottom. So many do. B)

Hi,

I am a real newbie and really dumb. I tried to download Easy Populate 2.76h-MS2 (with attributes) and all i get is File Not Found. How do i get this on my website. I need this for datafeed for clixgalore. Can anyone take me through how to do this or is there instructions.

Hmm, it is downloading for me at this point, try again. There are lots of instructions and docs on how to use this (newly reorganized). It is required reading before asking for specific issues. :) Having said that, please don't hesitate to ask if you are having trouble.

Please ignore my previous requests for help with imported data not appearing in the database.

After comparison of complete downloads of both the new and old databases I think I can massage the old file by changing some column names and adding others.

will post any gotchas I find here in case they are of help to others.

The problem I think you are having is that the column names for the categories have changed in the recent versions v2.76f+. There is a note with stars all around on the download page. ;) If you ignore that and try a file from an old version, the products will import, but the categories won't be created, makes it look like no products were imported.

Sounds like you may have figured that out by now.

Hi, I have installed EP v2.76h on OSC rca2.2 and it seems to run ok. I can install products into the ep system with excel csv files and everything uploads and shows ok except the images. I have trawled and searched through the forum but cannot find a complete or near complete answer to my dilemma.

In the categories/products section against each product description it has this message: IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST

http://imagestore.xpressplatforms.com/AMW/...00000080111.jpg

Obviously the image file name itself is different because I am using different images but for some reason or other it is not picking up the images from the relevant http page even though the images are there.

My second problem is that when I now update changes within the products themselves and submit them in admin I get this return:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /customers/computerbob.info/computerbob.info/httpd.www/catalog/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /customers/computerbob.info/computerbob.info/httpd.www/catalog/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php:36) in /customers/computerbob.info/computerbob.info/httpd.www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 94

Does any one out there know what the problems might be. Thank you in advance for any help.

Both of those *could* be a result of a bad configure.php setting. There are 2 of them:

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

be absolutely sure those are set correctly.

For the images, if you are entering just the image file name without any relative path added, such as: myimage.jpg, then osCommerce will be looking in /catalog/images/myimage.jpg of your shop. Of course "catalog/" may be different on your shop.

osCommerce will always add the /images/ folder before the file name you import with EP when going to display the products_info.php page. Of course you can change that in the configure.php files mensioned above.

Hi everybody!

I'm bothering you now, because i have a problem!

My EP is not splitting my files!!!

I have just one big file, ca. 6.000 products, and when I do the "large store" procedure,

EP just splitt it into 1 file!: EP_spli1.csv,

And naturally it has the same size, and is the same fime, but renamed.

What can it be? What am I missing!?

TODD: I swear I read the doc's but can't find the solution this time!

Edited by omastroberti

Are you using a Mac? Have you see the extra instructions about dealing with the Mac's end of line char?

if neither of those apply, then give me a look at your file and your settings. (I believe you read it, there is a lot of info there. You may have missed the "how to ask for help" section at the bottom. So many do. B)

Hi Todd

Yes

No, I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP

Before writing this...I just try to write at the end of each row "EOREOR" (yes, uppercase), and magically it works!!! Rare thing...because before this problema, I had always write "eoreor" (lowercase) and had worked...

Re-re-re-reading the EP Docs...I found that it has been always with uppercase...but because it had woked fine...thought was correct, or many indiferent to be with upper or lower case...

Anyway...

Your answers Todd,...kindda iluminate me to find the solution!

So, once again, THANKS!

Cheers from Argentina,

Oscar

Both of those *could* be a result of a bad configure.php setting. There are 2 of them:

catalog/includes/configure.php

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

be absolutely sure those are set correctly.

For the images, if you are entering just the image file name without any relative path added, such as: myimage.jpg, then osCommerce will be looking in /catalog/images/myimage.jpg of your shop. Of course "catalog/" may be different on your shop.

osCommerce will always add the /images/ folder before the file name you import with EP when going to display the products_info.php page. Of course you can change that in the configure.php files mensioned above.

Thanks for that. I am listing the full http address in the ep csv file before uploading but even though it shows the address line as I have previously shown it does not seem to look there until I actually put the full address into the image command line in the edit section of the actual product in admin.

Thanks for that. I am listing the full http address in the ep csv file before uploading but even though it shows the address line as I have previously shown it does not seem to look there until I actually put the full address into the image command line in the edit section of the actual product in admin.

it won't work with a full URL in the products image unless you change the way oscommerce displays the images. It must be a relative path. And that path (again, without modifying the osC frontend code) will always be relative to the /images/ folder.

it won't work with a full URL in the products image unless you change the way oscommerce displays the images. It must be a relative path. And that path (again, without modifying the osC frontend code) will always be relative to the /images/ folder.

How and where do I modify the code please?

How and where do I modify the code please?

Sorry that should have been which files do I have to modify and with what code? Do I have to specify the full http address line somewhere or just say replace 'images/' with some other address line?

Thank you.

i read through this whole thing, but i couldn't find an answer to my question, so here goes. i installed easypopulate with no problems. i tested it with two products and only a handful of my variants set up and PERFECT! ... BUT!

i am going to have 17 variants with up to 44 options for some of these variants. excel cuts off due to it's 256 max column length. any work arounds for this? i can open the file in my text editor (i use crimson editor) and can see all the info (when i turn on word wrap).

if anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear them. :)

i read through this whole thing, but i couldn't find an answer to my question, so here goes. i installed easypopulate with no problems. i tested it with two products and only a handful of my variants set up and PERFECT! ... BUT!

i am going to have 17 variants with up to 44 options for some of these variants. excel cuts off due to it's 256 max column length. any work arounds for this? i can open the file in my text editor (i use crimson editor) and can see all the info (when i turn on word wrap).

if anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear them. :)

open office and MS Office 2007+ don't have that limit.

another question now... i download, edit, and reupload. it shows my data string and the word "updated" but i don't see any changes in my store. :blink:

um, am i doing something wrong?

another question now... i download, edit, and reupload. it shows my data string and the word "updated" but i don't see any changes in my store. :blink:

um, am i doing something wrong?

sorry, not enough info to have a clue. Now would be a good time to look over the "how to ask for help" section of the docs. And be specific about what you changed.

sorry, not enough info to have a clue. Now would be a good time to look over the "how to ask for help" section of the docs. And be specific about what you changed.

so sorry. i figured out what i was doing wrong. i needed to populate the option values before they could be assigned to the product. but now i've hit a new wall. i have 16 variants each with up to 44 options. i've even hit the wall for length in open office. i deleted the cut off value, added the eoreor line at the end and uploaded, and it DID update all of that info. but there were 7 variants cut off.

i tried to add one of the columns that was cut off on it's own to the product (i.e. i created a spreadsheet with the product id and the one variant with all of the options) and it said the product was updated, but none of the changes are showing up for my product.

i'm using windows vista, open office, and here is the header of my file. and yes, this is ONE variant. ~sighs~ i hate my friends!

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_attribute_options_id_12 v_attribute_options_name_12_1 v_attribute_values_id_12_1 v_attribute_values_name_12_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_1 v_attribute_values_id_12_2 v_attribute_values_name_12_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_2 v_attribute_values_id_12_3 v_attribute_values_name_12_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_3 v_attribute_values_id_12_4 v_attribute_values_name_12_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_4 v_attribute_values_id_12_5 v_attribute_values_name_12_5_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_5 v_attribute_values_id_12_6 v_attribute_values_name_12_6_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_6 v_attribute_values_id_12_7 v_attribute_values_name_12_7_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_7 v_attribute_values_id_12_8 v_attribute_values_name_12_8_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_8 v_attribute_values_id_12_9 v_attribute_values_name_12_9_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_9 v_attribute_values_id_12_10 v_attribute_values_name_12_10_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_10 v_attribute_values_id_12_11 v_attribute_values_name_12_11_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_11 v_attribute_values_id_12_12 v_attribute_values_name_12_12_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_12 v_attribute_values_id_12_13 v_attribute_values_name_12_13_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_13 v_attribute_values_id_12_14 v_attribute_values_name_12_14_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_14 v_attribute_values_id_12_15 v_attribute_values_name_12_15_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_15 v_attribute_values_id_12_16 v_attribute_values_name_12_16_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_16 v_attribute_values_id_12_17 v_attribute_values_name_12_17_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_17 v_attribute_values_id_12_18 v_attribute_values_name_12_18_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_18 v_attribute_values_id_12_19 v_attribute_values_name_12_19_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_19 v_attribute_values_id_12_20 v_attribute_values_name_12_20_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_20 v_attribute_values_id_12_21 v_attribute_values_name_12_21_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_21 v_attribute_values_id_12_22 v_attribute_values_name_12_22_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_22 v_attribute_values_id_12_23 v_attribute_values_name_12_23_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_23 v_attribute_values_id_12_24 v_attribute_values_name_12_24_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_24 v_attribute_values_id_12_25 v_attribute_values_name_12_25_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_25 v_attribute_values_id_12_26 v_attribute_values_name_12_26_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_26 v_attribute_values_id_12_27 v_attribute_values_name_12_27_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_27 v_attribute_values_id_12_28 v_attribute_values_name_12_28_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_28 v_attribute_values_id_12_29 v_attribute_values_name_12_29_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_29 v_attribute_values_id_12_30 v_attribute_values_name_12_30_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_30 v_attribute_values_id_12_31 v_attribute_values_name_12_31_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_31 v_attribute_values_id_12_32 v_attribute_values_name_12_32_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_32 v_attribute_values_id_12_33 v_attribute_values_name_12_33_1 v_attribute_values_price_12_33 EOREOR

p.s. thanks for everything! i am most appreciative of the time this has saved me so far. :)

Edited by jonelin

Hello.

My site supports 4 languages - English , German , French , Spanish.

I successfully manage to upload csv file where the other languages unique characters are displayed correctly (saved as unicode).

But after the upload on the size those characters are not displayed correctly ( Gibrish) , for example Größe ( in csv file Größe).

Can anyone tell me why is this happanning?

Thanks

so sorry. i figured out what i was doing wrong. i needed to populate the option values before they could be assigned to the product. but now i've hit a new wall. i have 16 variants each with up to 44 options. i've even hit the wall for length in open office. i deleted the cut off value, added the eoreor line at the end and uploaded, and it DID update all of that info. but there were 7 variants cut off.

i tried to add one of the columns that was cut off on it's own to the product (i.e. i created a spreadsheet with the product id and the one variant with all of the options) and it said the product was updated, but none of the changes are showing up for my product.

i'm using windows vista, open office, and here is the header of my file. and yes, this is ONE variant. ~sighs~ i hate my friends!

p.s. thanks for everything! i am most appreciative of the time this has saved me so far. :)

The only advice I can offer is to split your products into groups that use similar attributes and only include the attributes that relate to that set of products.

what limit did you run into with open office?

The only advice I can offer is to split your products into groups that use similar attributes and only include the attributes that relate to that set of products.

what limit did you run into with open office?

here's a sample of a product of mine: http://dreadeddragon.net/shop/product_info...;products_id=30 and that's still missing four variants.

the limit i hit with open office is that i ran out of columns.

and i'm not sure i understand by groups. ?? even then, it won't matter. i need all 17 variants (all except for 1 of them has 32 - 44 options each).

i guess i'm doing a lot of work by hand. thanks anyway. :)

here's a sample of a product of mine: http://dreadeddragon.net/shop/product_info...;products_id=30 and that's still missing four variants.

the limit i hit with open office is that i ran out of columns.

and i'm not sure i understand by groups. ?? even then, it won't matter. i need all 17 variants (all except for 1 of them has 32 - 44 options each).

i guess i'm doing a lot of work by hand. thanks anyway. :)

I figured is was a column limit. I was wondering what that limit was. I was not aware of any. There is always excel 2007. You may also consider an attributes manager contribution, which is 10x better then the stock method. The ajax attribute manager lets you create "templates" you can apply to each product you edit.

I figured is was a column limit. I was wondering what that limit was. I was not aware of any. There is always excel 2007. You may also consider an attributes manager contribution, which is 10x better then the stock method. The ajax attribute manager lets you create "templates" you can apply to each product you edit.

i just found the ajax manager. i can use your method to add all of my new products (since i only have 2 in the database so far ;)) quickly, then go add the attribute templates.

you so rock. thanks for your help and time!!

I'm finding this thread hard to search.

Can't a new section be created under Contributions & Add-ons called Easy Populate &Product Attributes?

Then threads on particular topics would be easier to find and follow.

Instead of adding replies to the original thread new topics can then be created in the one section.

I posted this as a thread under General Contribution Support before I noticed that there was a continuing thread for support for Easy Populate. My apologies for the double up.

Hi there,

OS Commerce v2.2 RC2a

Easy Populate 2.76h-MS2

Everything has been working for a long time, then last week I did an upload and saw that it had changed all the products (affected by the import) to have a price of $0.00.

I restored the database and have been searching through code for a week, but still can't find out how this started happening.

• The prices are correct in the EP file
  • The prices are correctly displayed in the post-import results on easypopulate.php (see below)
  • The price can be edited (restored) using phpMyAdmin with no problems.
  • Nothing has changed in easypopulate.php
  • Does the same thing with 2500 products, and does the same when importing only 1 product.
  • The temp folder has appropriate permissions.

Here is an example of what result I get from easypopulate.php after doing a test upload for a few products:

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpSEjmzc
User filename: sagemtest.txt
Size: 4698
| OEM 232835 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $31.10 | Active Updated
| OEM 232915 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $144.20 | Active Updated
| OEM 232915 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $223.95 | Active Updated
| OEM 233277 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $116.90 | Active Updated
| OEM 236601 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | SAGTBR36.j | $194.25 | Active Updated
| OEM 236601 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | SAGTNR736. | $238.70 | Active Updated
| OEM 236902 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | SAGTTR900. | $47.40 | Active Updated
| OEM WL3400 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $262.15 | Active Updated
| OEM WL3400 | Sagem | Fax Suppli | faxfilm.jp | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $199.95 | Active Updated
| OEM 236598 | Sagem | Laser Cart | lasercartr | | | Sagem Genu | Original | Product: S | | $385.00 | Active Updated

And yet those prices don't actually go into the products!!! They wind up as $0.00!

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've modified the Complete.csv file to add the v_customer_price_1 and v_customer_group_id_1 columns and successfully uploaded the prices for an additional customer group.

Now how do I get those columns to appear in a downloaded Complete.csv file. I guess I would have to modify one of the EP php files but I don't know which one and I don't know where these fields are located in the tables.

I have searched this thread and read the EP documentaion but can't find how to do this. Can't anyone help?