• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

This is my biggest bug bear about contributions, is knowing what is the best (stable contribution).

Having installed a fair few contributions latley, this one scares me the most as it would appear that it is full on issues depending on the versions available.

I want to be able to upload and download products and attributes to my site, the site will have seperate price modification and some extra fields to update. like rrp and prices via the seperate pricing mod for the different price groups.

Can anyone advise on the best easy populate mod to accomodate my needs please.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

On looking at this froogle part I am completly missunderstanding this part

EasyPopulate supports the basic froogle format. You'll need to

contact Google to set up your froogle account. You'll also need

to rename the output file as required by google.

http://google.com/base/help/overview.html

http://google.com/base/products.html

Froogle downloads will include the specials price if one is set

and active and applies to today.

FROOGLE CONFIGURATION

---------------------

To support the froogle export format, you must configure two

configuration variables which should not need changing:

The following should be set to the full address that an external

person would have to type into their browser to go directly to your

product info page. Simplest way to set this is to go look at

a product in your store with your browser, then copy/paste the

url, and chop off everything after 'product_info.php'. (should not need changing)

define ('EP_FROOGLE_PRODUCT_INFO_PATH', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "product_info.php");

The following should be set to the full address to your images

directory, with the trailing slash. (Again, should not need changing)

define ('EP_FROOGLE_IMAGE_PATH', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

Once you've set these, test by doing a froogle export, and copy/paste the

product_info url into your browser. Do the same for the image.

Troubleshoot until this works as expected.

A bit of explanation please from someone who has achieved image uploads via this method would be good news to a learner

Do I need a Google base account?

sorry confused as to how this works

Everything else with Ep is installed and working fine

:(

New osCommerce Learner

Old & Slow

Hi,

i have installed Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 but whenever i try to upload my feed file.. after adding few products it stops with the following error:

Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 - Default Language : english(1)

Filename: 09feb09.csv
| MERCURYFCA | 61.38 | 0 | MERCURYFCA | The New T | Tannoy | 0 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| MERCURYFRA | 61.38 | 0 | MERCURYFRA | The New T | Tannoy | 5.5 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 8001-1300- | 255.189 | 1 | TANI5AW | The Tannoy | Tannoy | 2 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 100.015 | 27.225 | 12 | 100.015 | Stereo Spe | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 100.016 | 27.225 | 11 | 100.016 | 100.01675W | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 100.019 | 28.6 | 4 | 100w Stere | | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 100.024 | 48.653 | 1 | 120w Stere | | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 103.1 | 61.875 | 31 | 103.1 | 103.100A v | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 103.127 | 44 | 0 | 50w Stereo | | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 125.03 | 15.147 | 3 | SKY125.030 | SKY125.030 | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 170.17 | 64.306 | 24 | 170.17 | 170.170Hig | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
| 952.99 | 38.775 | 0 | 952.99 | 952.990Exc | Skytronics | 4 | Audio - Co | Taxable Go !New Product!
1062 - Duplicate entry '10-1' for key 1

INSERT INTO manufacturers_info( manufacturers_id, manufacturers_url, languages_id ) VALUES ( 10, '', '1' )

[TEP STOP]

does any one know how to correct this issue??? please i need the solution asap.

waiting

thanks

outside links are not allowed in signatures

Please disregard MY previous two posts I have got images working After some closer study of the manual and putting brain into gear

I still would like to change the image dir on the server is it possible to have a different dir or sub dir for the product images without causing problems?

B)

New osCommerce Learner

Old & Slow

Hi

I have installed the Easy Populate 2.76 and it works very nice.

But, I have searched this forum for a while now to find out how to set it so that when a product is sold it doesn't show in the store. I have changed the setting in the easypopulate.php (EP_INACTIVE_ZERO_QUANTITIES) to true but the product is still showing.

I would like it to now be shown until I have added new stock to the product.

How do I do this?

Thanks for your replies.

Hans

A bit of explanation please from someone who has achieved image uploads via this method would be good news to a learner

Do I need a Google base account?

sorry confused as to how this works

Everything else with Ep is installed and working fine

froogle support in EP is not being supported, please see these. There may be more then just these, take a look around the contribs.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4455

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513

i have installed Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2 but whenever i try to upload my feed file.. after adding few products it stops with the following error:

does any one know how to correct this issue??? please i need the solution asap.

your rush to solution shouldn't jump over reading the docs. ;) at the bottom of the docs you will find a very helpful section call "how to ask for help". If you don't have the capacity to provide enough details about how you are using it, there isn't much help anyone can provide.

Please disregard MY previous two posts I have got images working After some closer study of the manual and putting brain into gear

I still would like to change the image dir on the server is it possible to have a different dir or sub dir for the product images without causing problems?

B)

yes it's possible to change the image dir. you'll find it in the includes/configure.php

Edited by surfalot

But, I have searched this forum for a while now to find out how to set it so that when a product is sold it doesn't show in the store. I have changed the setting in the easypopulate.php (EP_INACTIVE_ZERO_QUANTITIES) to true but the product is still showing.

I would like it to now be shown until I have added new stock to the product.

How do I do this?

last I checked EP_INACTIVE_ZERO_QUANTITIES works in v2.76g. If you upload a spreadsheet with a zero quantity, the product will be deactivated. That setting has no effect on in-store functions of course. Meaning, if the products sells out on your shop, the product will not be deactivated.

Is it possible to grab a image from a authorised remote website and put the image in that particular catalog of the product?

An example of the link would be "www.abc.com/shop/pict/testing.jpg".

Could someone show me how to do this while using EP to import from Excel?

Not sure if anyone can help with this as I am sure it is more to do with the exporting from excel on Mac than with EP.

I have EP 2.78-MS2 on my system and find EP invaluable for our shop. I do not use much html in my descriptions but we need to highlight some information in some special products so have been trying to add some font colours to the description and cant get the code to upload correctly. I have spent a couple of hours reading through this topic looking for the qoutes issue but despite trying a few changes I cant get it to work.

The code in the php file is currently set to:

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

and:

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

When I export the file on the mac all of my description fields that contain quotes or comas are enclosed in quotes and then subsequent quotes are doubles unlike the downloaded version if I type the code directly online. I cannot find a way to stop this but I do not know if that is causing the problem? When I upload the file with the extra and double quotes the quotes get replaced with one ". If I set replace quotes to false I get a syntax error on insert from the same file.

If anyone has any suggestion on how I can get some html on excel on the mac to upload to oscommerce and include the necessary quotes needed to format colours I would really appreciate a pointer.

Many thanks,

Tony.

Tony

Is it possible to grab a image from a authorised remote website and put the image in that particular catalog of the product?

An example of the link would be "www.abc.com/shop/pict/testing.jpg".

Could someone show me how to do this while using EP to import from Excel?

I'm sorry, that is not possible with EP. Any image links imported with EP (as they are in the admin also) are relative to the shop's image directory.

Not sure if anyone can help with this as I am sure it is more to do with the exporting from excel on Mac than with EP.

I have EP 2.78-MS2 on my system and find EP invaluable for our shop.

When I export the file on the mac all of my description fields that contain quotes or comas are enclosed in quotes and then subsequent quotes are doubles unlike the downloaded version if I type the code directly online. I cannot find a way to stop this but I do not know if that is causing the problem? When I upload the file with the extra and double quotes the quotes get replaced with one ". If I set replace quotes to false I get a syntax error on insert from the same file.

v2.76g that I uploaded is the "most recent" and "most fixed" version available. quotes are no longer an issue when used with the excel safe option true (default).

There are some Mac related issues to be aware of, so please read through the docs.

Edited by surfalot

I'm sorry, that is not possible with EP. Any image links imported with EP (as they are in the admin also) are relative to the shop's image directory.

Possible to have the feature of automatically import images from URLs and put the grab image, (relative or not relative) to the shop's image directory? Like this contribution easy cvs import: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4920 , the auto import image feature would make EP a Excellent contribution. :lol:

It seems to be many version of this contribution. Does anyone know which is the original, and supported version?

Thank you.

Lollo

please do read just a little before posting :P Did you see the post just above yours?

Possible to have the feature of automatically import images from URLs and put the grab image, (relative or not relative) to the shop's image directory? Like this contribution easy cvs import: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4920 , the auto import image feature would make EP a Excellent contribution. :lol:

sure, that would be a great thing for you to contribute! ;)

I would like to contribute as well but i'm a beginner in programming for PHP, hope that someone could guide me along for that!

I dont know if this would work or not so don't go changing anything untill you investigate.

How about this? Go to catalog/includes/configure.php

Find:

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

And change it to:

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'http://www.myimageserver.com/images/');

Im sure if this would work, it would have to be done on the admin side too.

Thanks surfalot, will get 2.76g and see if that solves my problem (I had 2.78 in for a long time and have never needed to think about updating it ! . . will be great if it does fix my prob so many thanks in advance . . I will post back after the instal.

Cheers,

Tony.

Tony

I dont know if this would work or not so don't go changing anything untill you investigate.

How about this? Go to catalog/includes/configure.php

Find:

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

And change it to:

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'http://www.myimageserver.com/images/');

Im sure if this would work, it would have to be done on the admin side too.

That is not what i actually need but I'm trying to add some function or feature to grab a image file from remote link location while EP import in the new product data to the database without modifying much of the osC code.

sure, that would be a great thing for you to contribute! ;)

I would love to contribute but i'm a newbie in osc and php. Please help me on the feature of the pull the image from remote link or guide me as to where to modify it in Easy Populate. Help needed for this modification, please & appreciated(anyone for this?). Thank you! :)

Thanks for fast reply. I did a little reading and am still confused. So the March 18 v 2.76g is the latest complete pack?

yes, that's the one. But I've just uploaded a v2.76h with some more fixes and a HTML Docs offered by stu2000.