• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi I'm an absolute newbie to Os Commerce, Easy Populate and all programming in general and I need some help.

I've gone through pages of this thread trying to find an answer and probably missed it so I apologise if my problem has already been covered previously.

I've downloaded a copy of the sample products/catogories that comes with OsCommerce and added my own products to it using excel. I've kept all the catogories the same.

When I upload it using Easy Populate as a .txt file it gives me the impression it's all loaded fine...

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpXC4a8M

User filename: EP2009Jan22-0404.csv

Size: 25000

but nothing is loaded??

Is someone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?? Have I missed something??

Thank you in advance

Jodee

if you are using a version I uploaded, there is a section of the docs called Support, in that "how to ask for help". I'll need to see the info asked for in the steps there to start. And if you are using Mac, Win, Linux for your computer.

Good Morning, hopefully I've missed something obvious and this is an easy thing to fix.

I'm running OSCommerce 2.2 RC2, installed through cPanel, and have installed Easy Populate 2.71-MS2 en : English(1). The only other customisation that has been done on the store has been the basic design pack 2.5 and changes to the css file to skin it to look like the rest of my site.

Oscommerce is installed into /catalog under the root of the website and a /catalog/temp directory has been created with 777 as the permissions.

Now the problem, when I click on any of the links on the Easy Populate Admin page

Download EP and Froogle Files

Download complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download FROGGLE tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/)

Createcomplete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

CreateModel/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

CreateModel/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

CreateFROGGLE tab-delimited .txt file to edit

CreateModel/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file to edit

A blank page comes up, then I go back to the admin page. No file is downloaded or created in the temp dir.

I've done some searching with Google, and in this thread and can't seem to find any reference to this problem. No products other than the standard products you get with a vanilla install are in the store.

thanks for the assistance. Hopefully I've provided enough information.

Kire

Pretty much exactly the same problem I'm having.

I have RC2 installed, and EP 2.71-MS2 en. The only modifications I've done to the initial install is to use a design template (with various img modifications).

Anyone help? I'm going to be bald from tearing out my hair if I have to create the DB manually XD

I use:

Easy populate 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce v2.2 RC 2a

php 5

mysql 5

I've used easy populate on many sites, and it worked immediately. On this site, where I just installed it, after I browse to the csv file and import, I end up with just the initial screen with no entries listed at the bottom. Just two � marks one two lines above the other.

I use:

Easy populate 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce v2.2 RC 2a

php 5

mysql 5

I've used easy populate on many sites, and it worked immediately. On this site, where I just installed it, after I browse to the csv file and import, I end up with just the initial screen with no entries listed at the bottom. Just two � marks one two lines above the other.

I verified that it's php5 ... the contrib works ok on php4. Anyone have a list of what needs to change?

Pretty much exactly the same problem I'm having.

I have RC2 installed, and EP 2.71-MS2 en. The only modifications I've done to the initial install is to use a design template (with various img modifications).

Anyone help? I'm going to be bald from tearing out my hair if I have to create the DB manually XD

versions other then v2.76e-g have a variety of issues relating to the RC2 admin and register globals that could cause that. I would recommend trying 2.76g.

I verified that it's php5 ... the contrib works ok on php4. Anyone have a list of what needs to change?

It's not a php 5 issue, I have it working fine on php 5.2.8 & MySQL 5.0.67. although it may be an issue with a specific version of php 5, at least it isn't all php 5. most likely an issue with the host environment. What size is the file? is it the same result if you ftp it to the temp and import from there?

Edited by surfalot

It's not a php 5 issue, I have it working fine on php 5.2.8 & MySQL 5.0.67. although it may be an issue with a specific version of php 5, at least it isn't all php 5. most likely an issue with the host environment. What size is the file? is it the same result if you ftp it to the temp and import from there?

Thanks, but I beg to differ. I can change my environment from php5 to php4 just by right-clicking choosing. It works in one, and not the other, and unless there's a php module that's not turned on for one that it depends on, there's no other difference.

has anyone produced a mod for Easy Populate that includes a Specials column? I've got almost 10,000 products and a couple of thousand specials...

Are you refering to specials pricing?

Ok Thank you. I'm not sure even how to create this table and make it function correctly.

Can you suggest a module for making things easier for setting the attributes for my products? I have ALOT of products. my site is www.bytesnkisz.com. my problem is I have shoes/boots in 3-8 different colors and different sizes in each color. I would love to know of a module that would help me. Thanks so much!

Kim

The orders table should have been setup automatically when you installed OSC

Thanks, but I beg to differ. I can change my environment from php5 to php4 just by right-clicking choosing. It works in one, and not the other, and unless there's a php module that's not turned on for one that it depends on, there's no other difference.

you can differ all you want, the fact remains that it works in my php 5 environment. If you don't want to entertain my questions, there is nothing I can do to help. Good luck

Edited by surfalot

you can differ all you want, the fact remains that it works in my php 5 environment. If you don't want to entertain my questions, there is nothing I can do to help. Good luck

I wasn't not entertaining :-) I just hadn't had time yet to try running it from temp. The file size is 130k

if you are using a version I uploaded, there is a section of the docs called Support, in that "how to ask for help". I'll need to see the info asked for in the steps there to start. And if you are using Mac, Win, Linux for your computer.

Thankyou anyway, I ended up getting it working. I was saving my csv file excel as tab delimited as I thought I should and it wasn't working. When I saved it as a csv (windows) file, it worked perfectly!

Great Product !!!

When I do an update to my database is there a way NOT to delete my IMAGE when the status is changed from ACTIVE to DELETE ? I need to save my images, where in the code does it REMOVE the images that are flag for DELETE ?

My settings are listed below, and any help would be appreciated !

Here are my Easy Populate Settings 2.76g-MS2

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 3.23.47

PHP: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/tmp/disk/home/webmaster/Files/WWW/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Thanks in advance

// Larry

Edited by sandwick

Great Product !!!

When I do an update to my database is there a way NOT to delete my IMAGE when the status is changed from ACTIVE to DELETE ? I need to save my images, where in the code does it REMOVE the images that are flag for DELETE ?

that was covered just recently, browse through the last 5-10 pages.

I'm having the same problem that lots of others appear to have been having, and have not found a fix. I've searched google, forums, etc and nobody has ever given an answer. I loaded 2.76c, 2.76g, 2.72-Max, and some others, and none work. I add it to my admin box on the site, and when I click on easy populate, I see all the links and the upload/browse, but whenever I click one of the link the screen just refreshes and does nothing. I am using bluehost as my host, and have OSC 2.2 RC2a, running PHP5.2.8, have made multiple temp directories, chmoded 777 on all of them, tried calling them all diffent ways in the easypopulate.php file, etc.

Any help from anyone? Thanks!

I'm having the same problem that lots of others appear to have been having, and have not found a fix. I've searched google, forums, etc and nobody has ever given an answer. I loaded 2.76c, 2.76g, 2.72-Max, and some others, and none work. I add it to my admin box on the site, and when I click on easy populate, I see all the links and the upload/browse, but whenever I click one of the link the screen just refreshes and does nothing. I am using bluehost as my host, and have OSC 2.2 RC2a, running PHP5.2.8, have made multiple temp directories, chmoded 777 on all of them, tried calling them all diffent ways in the easypopulate.php file, etc.

Well, I'm not so sure "lots of others" would be accurate if you compare the number of questions to the number of folks that dl this contrib every day. The highest likelihood of finding one that works is v2.76g. Anyway...

how many products are in your shop?

does the browser "spin" a bit before showing the blank page or immediately?

Ask your host if they can check their apache error log for something more enlightening when you execute the easypopulate.php script.

look at the osCommerce Admin > Tools > Server Info for: display_errors, memory_limit, max_execution_time, post_max_size, upload_max_filesize.

what are each of those values?

I'm having trouble change the field seperator from a comma to a tab. I want it to be a tab but it is currently a comma.

This is what I have in easypopulate.php :

$ep_separator = "\t"; // tab is default
//$ep_separator = ',';  // comma
//$ep_separator = ';';  // semi-colon
//$ep_separator = '~';  // tilde
//$ep_separator = '*';  // splat

This is what is displayed in the admin page:

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 4.1.22-max-log

PHP: 4.4.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/content/s/u/p/supplementedge/html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Enable attributes: true

Extra Fields: false

Anyone know what is going wrong?

Edited by p0ng

Not to add fuel to a fire but I have installed this contribution and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to thank the Author.

Some small problems I had were my fault such as Making sure the length of product numbers were longer than 12 in both the database table and the easypopulate.php.

I exported the data and it stripped the model numbers down to 12 characters. My images are formulated to the part numbers so once I imported the images dissapeared. Once I actually read the instructions :blush: All is good.

I have imported over 600 products in 1 hour yesterday with no problems.

What i like is the ability to cut and paste multiple products into other categories. I have products that go in two categories so its hard sometimes.

Thanks again everyone.

Do you have a box on the right side of the Easy Populate page that looks like this:

If you do, copy and paste it here so I can see it.

Settings & Info

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a
HTTP: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
DB: MySQL 5.0.67-community-log
PHP: 5.2.8 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:
/home/XXX/XXXXX/catalog/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Enable attributes: false
Extra Fields: true

Edited by rickeyl

I'm having trouble change the field seperator from a comma to a tab. I want it to be a tab but it is currently a comma.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

Excel safe output overrides that setting. make Excel safe output false.

Edited by surfalot

Not to add fuel to a fire but I have installed this contribution and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to thank the Author.

Some small problems I had were my fault such as Making sure the length of product numbers were longer than 12 in both the database table and the easypopulate.php.

I exported the data and it stripped the model numbers down to 12 characters. My images are formulated to the part numbers so once I imported the images dissapeared. Once I actually read the instructions :blush: All is good.

I have imported over 600 products in 1 hour yesterday with no problems.

What i like is the ability to cut and paste multiple products into other categories. I have products that go in two categories so its hard sometimes.

Thanks again everyone.

On behalf of everyone before me, you're welcome. There are many folks over the years that has made it what it is. And thank YOU for reading the docs! B)

On behalf of everyone before me, you're welcome. There are many folks over the years that has made it what it is. And thank YOU for reading the docs! B)

Interesting thread

As I am about to install can Someone please confirm that EP_v2_76g_MS2 is the correct version I should be Installing ?

Thankyou

New osCommerce Learner

Old & Slow

that really depends on where you priorities lie. If you want the most corrected and RC2a compatible version, then v2.76g that I uploaded would be it. if you are looking for a version that meets certain contribution compatibility, then keep looking down the list, but expect to make some corrections to it.

that really depends on where you priorities lie. If you want the most corrected and RC2a compatible version, then v2.76g that I uploaded would be it. if you are looking for a version that meets certain contribution compatibility, then keep looking down the list, but expect to make some corrections to it.

Thanks

Don't want anything fancy just want it to work so I can upload items from suppliers csv's that I receive & do price changes when required. :)

New osCommerce Learner

Old & Slow

Thank you very much for this great app

Works beautifully So far so Good just have to sort out Images

I had been keeping them on the site uploading each one from each product entry. But when i downloaded & re uploaded with EP I have no images just the titles so am investigating froogle as per the docs, Most of which is way over my head at the moment.

Moving forward

Thanks Again :)

New osCommerce Learner

Old & Slow